Hey guys, do you ever just wonder how people can be cruel to one another? I mean...

Hey guys, do you ever just wonder how people can be cruel to one another? I mean, when you think about it aren't we all human beings? Don't we all want to live our lives with as much joy and happiness as possible?

I dont' understand why we have to fight one another.

Attached: Shocking.jpg (1600x900, 104K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Fahljd_0xjA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Agreed.

Attached: me circa now.jpg (500x333, 36K)

*rolls initiative*

Fighting people is fun. When you punch your friend in the stomach and you feel the impact it has, it brings a little joy back into our monotonous lives. When you friend hits you back, bruising your ribs with an elbow, the pain hurts but it is also lovely, a feeling of being truly alive that only a good fight can bring. Win or lose, it doesn't matter, the fight has meaning in and of itself.

Wasn't this Vader's brother?

That sounds kinda gay desu.

Agreed. But before we can live in peace we need to gather all the people who want peace and go kill all people who want war.

Nah. It was the Shockmaster:
youtube.com/watch?v=Fahljd_0xjA

Yeah but I mean who played him, wasn't it the brother of the wrestler Vader?

Well user I have some opinions that might SHOCK you because you are none other than...THE SHOCK...MASTER!

I've never understood why some people care so much. Things gotta compete to live. Why worry about it?

so were killing liberals?

Fred Ottman, aka Tugboat aka Typhoon.

Vader's real name is Leon Allen White, so he has a different last name and is thus probably not Shockmaster's brother. The Stormtrooper helmet is not a reference to anything, it's just that the producers said they wanted Shockmaster wearing "Something like a stormtrooper helmet, but purple" and the prop guy wasn't paid enough to be creative.

People forget that violence and rape are the natural way of things.
To create order is to stray further from nature. Peace is not natural, but being unnatural is not a bad thing, just means you gotta constantly pushing back against nature to maintain peace.

Spend more time around people and you will find why everyone hate each other so much.

Attached: 1519190087384.jpg (768x1024, 125K)

>tfw never played an evil character because doing bad shit to people who aren't following the BBEGfor his BBEG goals genuinely makes me feel like a shit.

Attached: uvdrv144bt9mhuuefli7.png (800x494, 703K)

I know that feel. As a GM I have a hard time making people actually evil. Like, I want my players to do what they think is right, but I'll always let the aftermath of their actions affect them. Like being eye to eye with a merc that was just after a paycheck and nothing more after you gored them with a bayonet.

To live is to fight. This life is a zero sum game, your mere existence takes from others.

>This life is a zero sum game
Yes, i'm sure the first homo sapiens was as happy as the current 7.6 billions that currently exist combined.

Attached: image1.png (699x699, 611K)

Because you can get a lot of good stuff for your dudes if you fuck over other dudes.
So at the very least if you don't want your own dudes to be fucked over you have to fuck other dudes.

It's a behaviour that easily propagates itself in social animals so it will persist. The desire to chill out, make peace and look for satisfaction is also a behaviour that propagates itself, if it wasn't society couldn't exist. Many people spend most of their lives not engaged in violent conflict.
However violent conflict can occupy a lot of mental and physical attention and has serious consequences and at it's base level it's something anyone is capable of. So while peace often acts as a backdrop for further problems to solve, war is an activity which can keep our minds and bodies busy.

We don't have to fight each other but we do because it satisfies our desire to have consequence and reward. If we were peaceful we might overcome the constant fight for survival and given our abstract tendencies question what the point of all this struggle is. We would ether make up a reason to put ourselves at risk in hope of greater gain or find that there is no real reason that we need to survive at all.
In the latter case would would not persist and disappear.

It all comes down to the matter of "does this thing replicate itself and persist or does it not?" the former option has more value than the latter because if it didn't we would have no reason to replicate and persist. It's about as arbitrary as that, we need a reason to be so that we can keep on being because we have the desire to be because if we didn't we wouldn't.

I find it kind of sad how it seems so arbitrary. It's like a big old LARP and if we don't play our roles very hard and kill all our enemies no matter who they are we loose our ability to persist. It doesn't really matter if we kill them all but we have to believe that it matters enough that we can try our hardest to keep life moving.

The murderous impulse, of course!

Attached: 1514448023817.jpg (708x846, 77K)

Well, when all you need to worry about is food, finding a safe place to sleep, and generating a kid to carry on your genetic legacy, it really puts the simplicity of life into perspective.

>implying the sum is either zero or positive
>implying it's not negative

Remember, kids, everyone dies and gets forgotten, the history books themselves crumble to dust, and the insignificant planet on which they exist vanishes into the endless void!

Some people are born to be sour pissbags for their entire lives

Yeah, that's a really cool future and all, but we have anime tiddies in the now.

You pay attention when I'm peddling despair at you, pal!

Attached: no.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

Simple self interest and the endorphin rush physical exertion brings out.

And you think that the net sadness and suffering of the people alive today is equivalent to the first homo sapiens? Furthermore, how does that change the fact that everything you take in this world is taken from others? You don't even understand what a zero sum game is, do you?

Things only have to compete to live when resources are scarce.

We've essentially solved that problem on the human level. We have the resources that we could feed and clothe and house every human being on the planet, but we haven't escaped tribalism yet.

The idea we live in is not one where humanity has to compete to survive, Its one where IDEOLOGIES have to compete to survive, and humans are fighting the proxy war on their behalf.

The idea that happiness or fulfillment derives from a zero sum game doesn't even make any fucking sense.

It doesn't make any sense from the material sense. Yes, everything you get has to come from somewhere, but that doesn't necessarily mean you stole it from someone else, or prevented someone else from getting it by having it.

It also doesn't make any fucking sense from an emotional perspective. Imagine if only two people existed. Would they be better off if they were bitter enemies or close friends?