Warhammer 40000 General /40kg/

WebTool
WebTool

Coolest faction edition

Dark Eldar preview:
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/27/codex-drukhari-preview-the-kabalsgw-homepage-post-3/

WHTV Tip of the Day:
youtu.be/1FRzCDcpChg

FAQs:
warhammer-community.com/faqs/

Megas:
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

Old Black Library Mega:
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Mathhammer:
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10t6_FO9mTaG8FHY4B7v6hOQgwc3gXxUiIOrMYt16I6M/edit

Attached: received-10155462671354370.jpg (25 KB, 720x500)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hWDTuxeZrIc
youtu.be/kFbvanJ71UY
escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.882631-Gamers-Only-20-Percent-of-Games-Workshops-Customers
whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/warhammer_40000_designers_commentary_en-1.pdf
bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-london-43518477/games-workshop-the-empire-that-began-in-a-west-london-flat
veekyforums.com/thread/58783307/games
veekyforums.com/thread/58783304/games
warhammer-community.com/2018/03/28/codex-drukhari-preview-haemonculus-covensgw-homepage-post-3/

JunkTop
JunkTop

1st for more like FATTEST faction edition

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Attached: 1522114774966.png (159 KB, 725x516)

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Third for the True Kin!

Attached: Incubi-Warrior.png (2.74 MB, 951x1373)

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Do NOT bulli Lelith.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Why is my waifu doing theobromine?

Attached: lelith-hesperax-reading-a-book-on-a-couch-by-lutherniel-db76eh8.jpg (79 KB, 877x620)

happy_sad
happy_sad

T.butthurtYvraine

takes2long
takes2long

Peer pressure.

w8t4u
w8t4u

Beep Boop

Attached: Tech-Priests.jpg (159 KB, 1036x764)

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

t. junkie

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Hey boops, can we interest you in a cultural exchange?

Attached: 1522196149604.jpg (110 KB, 700x769)

Techpill
Techpill

How does it feel to know that Ynnari will only get more bullshit when the Dark Eldar and Harlequin codexes drop?

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

I'm gonna make her stop by making her promise not to do any more in our wedding vows.

Attached: lelith-prep-by-lutherniel-dc4cl9e.jpg (44 KB, 397x562)

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Well I tailor my DE lists to solely fuck the local Ynnari player in his bussy so I'm feeling pretty fucking dope(d up) rn.

Attached: 1521259413110.png (97 KB, 1500x700)

DeathDog
DeathDog

youtube.com/watch?v=hWDTuxeZrIc

What the fuck? The lyrics are cringy and bad. But why am I keep listening to this? It got stuck in fucking my head for god's sake

HELP

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (142 KB, 800x800)

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Pic related is always funny. Posting for those who haven't seen it
Fuck it feels amazing. Ynnari were a mistake and should be Bretconned.
Well done user, you're doing the Archon's work.

Attached: 1448853272525.jpg (1.62 MB, 2347x1754)

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

That song seems shit, But thats how I listen to music I listen to it on repeat until I feel nothing. Then I never listen to it again.

Attached: FUCK-ANIME.png (108 KB, 187x228)

King_Martha
King_Martha

Yeah man it's the most fun I have every week. The Ynnari guy's got the tism and acts like the biggest douche canoe to everyone he beats, wiping the floor with him with just DE always makes him sperg and gives me an awesome sense of deep satisfactionand an erection.

5mileys
5mileys

Wait is this song about Macha taunting her virginity?

Inmate
Inmate

Ynnari shouldn't exist
Why? The triumvirate is awesome. The Yncarne is the prettiest mini of the game.

idontknow
idontknow

That second spoiler
Do you whack off onto his Yvraine model to assert dominance?

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Ynnari as a Eldar soup+ faction should be deleted.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Ynnari are scum. I salute you. Worshipping david bowie and not wearing shoes. Remove suicide cult thots.

Attached: raider.jpg (203 KB, 800x1200)

Evilember
Evilember

stop spamming fat chubby-faced lelith

animu lelith should have this type of face

tell luth to fix his shit

Attached: makie-wicked-city-36.1.jpg (13 KB, 210x240)

SniperGod
SniperGod

Nah man she's his spoiled goods all of MY waifu's are pure.

RavySnake
RavySnake

All these people so salty about ynnari and I've never played against them lol, seems like my local games workshop hates them too

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

All vile aliens are scum, only worth the bolter shell to kill them with

Attached: Carapace-troopers.jpg (561 KB, 1200x1491)

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

the triumvirate is awesome
yeah except for the fact that it depicts Ynnari instead of what the miniatures look like, which is to say
-lady Malys
-a croneworld eldar prince
-a pre-fall hero like Eldanesh

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

How could one man be so wrong. The Yncarne is the most overdesigned pile of shit is recent years
Fair enough.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

T.shittastegrognard
The future is now grandpa

Supergrass
Supergrass

Incorrect monkeigh.
Agreed

Attached: you-came-to-the-wrong-dimension-monkeigh.jpg (113 KB, 850x446)

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Attached: gamechangers.png (506 KB, 607x608)

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

No, that's literally every single death guard model

Spamalot
Spamalot

They're the second most overdesigned piles of literal shit.

Bidwell
Bidwell

I tend to agree, the cheese of having 5 commander units is too much, they are far more points effective than normal battle suites and that is the issue

Playboyize
Playboyize

But Commorragh is literally the diamond dogs album

Techpill
Techpill

Anyone got a link to the March 2018 White Dwarf? Specifically after the Genestealer Cults rules for Necromunda

DeathDog
DeathDog

Kabal of the Poisoned Tongue

Attached: cobra-kai.png (18 KB, 500x500)

TechHater
TechHater

I like painting toys and playing games. It's a good way to spend to spend time with friends

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Postin'

Attached: 1.jpg (2.22 MB, 2416x3216)

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Gonna take a while because I've been active and the anti-spam can't seem to tell that I'm sharing pics.

Attached: 2.jpg (2.48 MB, 2432x3232)

Nojokur
Nojokur

even a single dark eldar warrior proved a match for an entire unit of fire warriors.
delicious

Illusionz
Illusionz

What heads are these?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Wise words, have a plushie squig.

Attached: images.duckduckgo.com.jpg (103 KB, 720x960)

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

"Woah, we're half way there"
Covens, so it was probably a Wrack or Grotesque.

Attached: 3.jpg (2.33 MB, 2408x3224)

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Attached: 4.jpg (2.37 MB, 2424x3224)

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Reavers or jet pilots. I have a bluestuff mold and make my own because they're so cash.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

The penultimate pic.

Attached: 5.jpg (2.53 MB, 2448x3216)

askme
askme

Daaaamn, mind posting the molds? I tried oyumaru casting bits to horrible results.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Last one. Hope you enjoyed. Praise the Four-Armed Emperor!

Attached: 6.jpg (2.44 MB, 2432x3256)

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

why am I keep listening to this?

Because you have brain damage?

Methnerd
Methnerd

How tall are the armigers compared to a deff dread?
I'd love to "metal gear rex" one of them and use it as a deff dread.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Thanks, kind user. Excited to try these out!

Emberburn
Emberburn

Fair point but they look so bad overall that no single failure is as obvious.

Evilember
Evilember

I'm at work but for small dense peices like that it's super easy with bluestuff. I have it set up for 5 at a time. All you need to do is clean up the mold line after it sets, ezpz.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Thanks frend, what army(s) do you play? Have you had any good games with frends lately?

Attached: 1522097366039.jpg (8 KB, 246x205)

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Not him but I might do this. Kabalites look rad as fuck with those helmets.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

I don't know how big deffs are but if it helps chibi knight carapace comes up to a real Knights face

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

I don't have any pictures on hand but they should be slightly taller than a redemptor dreadnought.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

HALT ARCH-MAGOS VENTURE PREPARE FOR YOURSELF FOR THE STING OF MONARCH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I should make a tantalus Flying Cocoon. And does anyone know of any models they look like the ventures?

Attached: FAF4954F-7D13-498A-828B-49F77E2B0366.jpg (443 KB, 1061x1460)

girlDog
girlDog

I’d love to see them. I browse just about every thread except for ones that go on during them early mornings in CST, if you do manage to post them. My bits always turned out too thick, the details would be fine, but there would be an extra mass of green stuff in the middle. I am using generic oyumaru from eBay if that affects anything. I am totally willing to try oyumaru casting again(my resin/silicone mold casting was an utter failure.) since it’s pretty easy set up.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Definitely bigger in a way that matters.

That said if your opponent wont fight it because of that, they are a git

5mileys
5mileys

So i bought the Dark Imperium box and am soon looking to expand my Death guard army

Any suggestions on models I should get. Any models I should avoid?

Thinking about getting a tally man and a prince of nurgle

Inmate
Inmate

tfw practically no one at my store paints
feel like a dork for trying

Help

idontknow
idontknow

Found a YouTube video doing size comparisons. Sadly, no one does size comparisons against deff dreads.

youtu.be/kFbvanJ71UY

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

That depends on what you're looking for in your army. Are you looking for highly optimised, or fluffy, or somewhere in between?

Playboyize
Playboyize

How hard will Ahriman fuck up the dark elder in their own Codex?

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Well, once I'm done converting it would be much smaller. Basically stick his torso between his legs.

Methnerd
Methnerd

mortarion
PBC's are ridiculously hard to kill for what they cost

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

fuck em, they know they should be painting, they are just mouthbreathers who don't have any commitment.

try to set up an escalation league with a 3 color minimum

Flameblow
Flameblow

mortarion is a good starting point, enjoy playing one of only two armies with a primarch while you can.

SniperGod
SniperGod

Depends. People will tell you all sorts of things, but without knowing what you want out of it the advice will suck.

In short....how competitive is this army aimed at being? Scale of 1-10, 1 being "whats competition" and 10 being "I will crush the ITC under my maggot ridden boot"?

SniperWish
SniperWish

Lead by example user I believe in you your painting is good

WebTool
WebTool

Somewhere in between. I mostly do casual play with a few friends.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

You can't fuck up the dark eldar, you can only fuck up specific dark eldar that nobody cares about because they got fucked up.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Inspire them, user.
See if you can get the store to do a monthly painting contest or something, or even just a show off.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

Right now id say a 5 or a 6.
I mostly do casual play with friends but at some point id be interested in competitive.

JunkTop
JunkTop

Looks like you're after having a couple different builds. I can't help with the optimisation, but for your casual games with friends I say pick what you like and make it work
T. I play centurions and whirlwinds in my fun marine list

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

I think yvrainne fucked the deldar up pretty good.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Your issue may be that you're using greenstuff. I'm using milliput, as I find the excess bits around the moldine are easier to clean up using it as it's got a lot of give for a hobby knife, where as greenstuff is a lot rougher to get rid of.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

-lady Malys

Her origins and description are sexist. She is perpetually half naked and she used to be a highborn whore for Vect.

-a croneworld eldar prince

Chaos Aeldari in the craftworld faction? No.

-a pre-fall hero like Eldanesh

Ruins the mythical theme and mystery of those ancient times, not to mention that he is dead.

Nojokur
Nojokur

Then what this guy says, You can take basically whatever you like the look of, because DG are lucky in that they dont have much that actually truly sucks. Some stuff is more or less points efficient, but that isn't going to matter much for you.

What models do you like? Might be easier to find out what appeals to you and then make sure you build something solid from that.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Thanks for the advice anons.
ill just stick with whatever catches my interest.

happy_sad
happy_sad

She caught Vects attention for being a tactical genius and military mastermind far outstripping her rank and "married" her for her mind. They later "divorced" because she realized she was better than him in almost every way and he was, as you would imagine after the 15th black hole in a box, ostensibly a man-child. She now has almost enough power in the dark city to topple him and he barely stays one step ahead. How is ANY of that anything but female empowerment?

cum2soon
cum2soon

what I'm saying is those designs are wasted on those three Ynnari idiots

Playboyize
Playboyize

NOT CANON.

This is canon.

.M41 - The Trials of Ghoroi V

Third Sphere Expansion coalition is engaged by Eldar raiders over the quagmire world of Ghoroi V. The vast majority of the Tau fleet is crippled or destroyed. The only survivors to reach the planet’s acidic swamps are the three Firebase Support Cadres intended to reinforce a far more numerous army. Though they are at first assailed by the same Eldar slavers that decimated their comrades in orbit, the Tau drive them off with a combination of shared targeting data and relentless missile bombardment.

Though the Eldar raiders sustain such heavy casualties that they abandon the fight, the trials of the Tau stranded there have only just begun. When the surviving battlesuit cadres are finally evacuated from Ghoroi, their members have bonded together with an impromptu ta’lissera ritual. Their rescuers are surprised to see the foetid mangrove swamplands around them choked with the scaled and segmented bodies of several hundred mega-predators whose appetite proved stronger than their wits.

A Tempting Lure

Having tormented Dal’yth space for many seasons, a host of Drukhari raiders launches an assault upon the colony world of Shi’yen, a sparsely defended frontier outpost with a large population consisting almost entirely of various T’au client races. They sweep into the desert planet’s great habitat-spheres, butchering with impunity. It is only when the raiders are fully occupied with their slaughter that the Dal’yth Fire caste springs its trap. Macro-camouflage arrays and wide-span refraction fields are deactivated, and scores of Breacher Teams emerge from concealed positions to deliver a brutal barrage of fire into the flanks of the startled Drukhari. Though losses amongst the T’au’s vassal races are substantial, the devastating impact of the sudden ambush all but obliterates the foe.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Tau.png Tau Portal
The Battle of Va'yun was a battle waged between the Tau and Eldar Corsairs during the Second Sphere of Expansion. It began when a band of Corsairs lured the forces of Commander Dawnsword into a deadly trap on Va'yun, seeking to capture the Ethereal Aun'Fyr. However the arrogant aliens underestimated the discipline and technology of the Tau and were driven off after a savage fight.

Fire Warriors > Kabalites

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Oh no the haemonculi are gonna have to fire up the cloning tanks... what ever will we do lmao

Attached: 1522160094295.jpg (708 KB, 975x650)

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Maybe that vatborn swill, but I dare you to say that to a trueborn member of the True Kin and escape with all your blueberry scented blood still inside you.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

It's a good way to start out, branch into hadcore stuff later but you want an army you like instead of what's the flavor of the month
See: the difference between Ork / Deathwatch players and eldar / Tau players

TechHater
TechHater

Tech-priestess was better imo

Attached: 1481612083807.png (178 KB, 370x388)

Nojokur
Nojokur

Ahriman
Fucking anyone but himself

Attached: 1521759545965.png (1.18 MB, 1280x720)

Illusionz
Illusionz

I want to write a story where an Archon is presumed dead and cloned but returns to a Commoragh that has already welcomed his clone as the real him so he has to create a competing Kabal from the ground up and they end up being massive rivals that, for all intents and purposes, run identical Kabals.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Though losses amongst the T’au’s vassal races are substantial

lel
Another example of, Tau got along just fine but the aux/allies, not so much.
First anti-nid coalition now this

King_Martha
King_Martha

Just chop it at the knees

girlDog
girlDog

Yvraine fucked everyone Vect wanted fucked and only plays the revenge card to inadvertently assure compliance of everyone else in the dark city

Bidwell
Bidwell

It was never really a competition.

Attached: megane-tech-priestess-by-lutherniel-dal6jqp.jpg (125 KB, 752x1063)

Inmate
Inmate

That would be a fun read. His raider gets shot down and crashes and he has to footslog it through the webway and when he gets back an his upstart haemon has replaced him with an false clone that the haemon controls?

I would read it

likme
likme

This is what Malys actually believes
Oh boy I can't wait for her failing yet again

Attached: received-10155471744759370.png (87 KB, 300x309)

TreeEater
TreeEater

Actually, Vect is fuming over what Yvraine did and he tried ti surpass knowledge of her escape.

She undermined his power in the Dark City and now he isn't really in control. A significant portion of the city is now drowned in the Shadow Realm.

The GS 2 says that she is an ideological threat to him and the Drukhari way of life since with what she offers, the Kabals and the pain economy are worthless.

Skullbone
Skullbone

is it true that you can't Rogal the Dorn?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

anons, lore wise can a Inquisitor can legally become a governor general?

Emberburn
Emberburn

No new space marauder till Friday, so I'll just repost part 4 of volume 2 like the recycling avatar of shit marauder that I am.

Attached: V02P4SPACEMARAUDER.png (6.43 MB, 1168x7272)

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

I mean I don't see why not, but an inquisitor usually has significantly more power than a governor general. Why would he want to waste his time with a second, less meaningful position?

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Well he singlehandly owned the triumvirate of ynnead and only his feelings for his rubric brothers stopped him from sending them straight to tzeentch.

FastChef
FastChef

Yeah but the Triumvirate is made up of Queen Thot, the Cuckmaster Supreme, and the Tranny Elemental. How can they even remotely compare to the Commoritees?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

The dark City doesn't cares about those backstabbing ynarii double mon'keigh dogs

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

For Context, i was thinking about whether or not they can take over an entire planet/solar system and use it as inquisition base of operations like controlling entire systems for the sole purpose of Experiments, Crusades and such

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

DE players, how do you see the kabals that were posted yesterday? Should I be buying some of the actual starter kit before the new one arrives?

King_Martha
King_Martha

A lord inquisitor might be able to pull it off, but not a regular run of the mill one.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Coteaz is the "High Protector of the Formosa System", so that probably counts.
Definitely liking the Flayed Skull Obsession. And the new SC is shit, get the current one before it's gone. Or get two because it's actually quite good.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

More like
help me rid of it
But yes. Her song was about her vajoo

5mileys
5mileys

if I recall Coteaz has an entire sub-sector under his personnel command

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

She should look just like that character and have the same things happen to her.

Techpill
Techpill

And he's an inquisitor lord. The amount of power an inquisitor can have is proportional to the amount he can effectively wield.

RavySnake
RavySnake

WHENS LEMAN?

Attached: Leman-Russ.jpg (591 KB, 1536x2048)

RumChicken
RumChicken

Yeah, from what the lore says it is very informal, still waiting for agents of the imperium codex

StonedTime
StonedTime

Yesterday

DeathDog
DeathDog

Wait are they replacing the current one with the new one? Why? If they're changing the army to kabhals, covens and shit they should keep the kabhals one too, I mean, fucking storm casts have two already

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

I guess I'm in the minority for liking the new SC box as a current DE player. In terms of pure dollar value it is worth a little less I get that. But it has a bunch of Wych cult stuff in it and my DE army is almost all Kabalite so its going to be a good value for me.

If you have 0 Dark Eldar models and are looking to start you should definitely get 1 or 2 of the old SC boxes, 2 raiders 20 kabalites 6 reavers and an 2 archons would be a great starter set under these new rules, and if wyches are just as sweet as I think their going to be get a SC box of the new ones. Then you can run a gun squad of blaster trueborn in the venom and hop the wyches into the raider

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Because DE aren't Marines. They're not the poster boys who have what? 3 or 4 different starter kits. Fuck, we're Xenos, we should count ourselves lucky to HAVE one.
I don't like the fact they they're going "Here's 11 footslogging models, you can only put 5 in a transport which means you can't put the buffing HQ in it". I would've LOVED a Covens one though: Haemoculus, Wracks, Raider and a Pain Engine would be awesome.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

The Kabals looked sweet and actually flavorful, so I'm all for them. Which SC box you want depends on how you want to do your army. Without the new dex in our hands the old one is better as wyches suck ass, but I also prefer venoms to raiders and Succubi are generally more effective than Archons. Really, find what you find fun about the army and buy that. If it's kabals, the old sc, cults the new sc. Maybe a mix of both!

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

So lads, what’s the consensus on the Kabal traits?

I like like them all but then again I charge my warriors in to melee so I could just be a retard.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Probably with the space wolves release along plastic varagyr veterans

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

April 2nd.

askme
askme

*laughes in birdmarines*

hairygrape
hairygrape

plastic varagyr

Just to fuck with FW some more?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

In an earlier thread an user said he's basically painting sigmarine Tau.

Curious to know what that looks like... Any pictures??

Playboyize
Playboyize

the first few lines are actually delivered pretty well but it goes downhill really fast when they starter trying to cram in a ton of words, like they didn't spend a lot of time coming up with lyrics that actually fit the beat.

5 beats
"from my cursed purity" is 7 syllables

now I don't know shit about shit about music, but this doesn't sound right at all. I think "from this chastity" might have fit better.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

next monday
I'm not so sure..

Attached: häpirauder.jpg (59 KB, 372x400)

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

What disadvantage do wing tyrants have against pox walkers?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Flyrants
Having disadvantages
Hah

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

They can’t disengage and charge unless they’re kraken in which case they’ll just laugh at them.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Literally all of those are things that Dark Eldar would be into.

Soft_member
Soft_member

Honestly its probably because they have a huge backlog of wyches they need to sell since they've been so garbage the past edition + index time period. I mean that's what gangs of Corrmoragh was...
GW: How do we get rid of all the hellions we made so terrible
GW2: Slash the price and throw in 6 free Reavers and a free game that might make it palatable

I guess the only good thing about playing a underplayed faction is the killer deals on models we've been getting, I look at the Age of Smegmar prices and I die on the inside. GoC gave you 16 beautiful models with a game for essentially the same price they're selling 5 new daughters of khaine models...

The only other thing i have to say about the SC box is that the announcement said box "contains a line of models that have been greatly improved"
greatly improved

So if they made wyches OP or at least just not garbage to flog some in a SC box im OK with that. There been plenty of years to pick up cheap DE models, if your some Johnny-come-lately bandwagoner because our codex might be strong im OK with taxing the WAAC powergamers a bit.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Matt understood the horrible mismatch he was in as Flyrants vs Pox walkers and went for a Hail Mary with his deployment, setting himself up on the line with no screens in an attempt to dominate board control and kill all my poxes turn 1

So I was wondering what exactly that can be

Skullbone
Skullbone

Play Tau
Never had much luck with a very fluffy army where I didn't really care to bring any of the expensive stuff
Never had anything bigger than a crisis suit, not even broadsides
only vehicles has been 2 Devilfish
The local group tracks matches, and I have a 42/572 record with my Tau
Codex drops
Won 5 games in a row
I.. I am not sure what's going on. Did Tau just become really good, or should I expect this to change once people start bringing their tools to deal with multiple units? It seems nobody is bringing that anymore, unlike in every edition until now.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Just getting into necrons what units are great and what are trash. No one around me plays them so I have never seen an army in person.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

I haven't read the teasers for deldar because it's all gibberish to me, but is it looking like jetbikes and hoverboards will be a viable army? I've been holding off starting them because I need to clear my marine backlog but I love the Reaver models.
Viable as in not shit, not waac. I've had enough of waac army lists

RumChicken
RumChicken

I don't think there's a clear cut winner, they're all good.

Flayed Skull gives you a lot but is mathematically almost identical to Poisoned Tongue on splinter shots and we're already extremely mobile, so soke may not find a use for it. Probably the best overall.

Obsidian Rose has the 6" buff which Tau already showed us is an awesome trait, and increases your effective range on venoms to 15", which is HUGE for us.

Poisoned Tongue is probably the second worst, since it's slightly worse than Flayed Skull except for melee, but Kabals have no dedicated melee troops and Kabs suck dick in melee anyway.

Black Heart looks like it's arguably the worst, but that warlord trait and the 6+++ on all your vehicles looks juicy.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

I was actually planning on getting 3 of them, If I dont like the codex I can always resell them after the stores are out of stock.

The value is simply amazing and the units are so cheap that you need a shitload of them.

I can also convert one of the raiders in a ravager with some 3d printed pieces if I need to.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

lord of contagion or chaos lord in terminator armor?

Attached: iqOGgoPgfxw.jpg (73 KB, 427x604)

Supergrass
Supergrass

Neither, more poxwalkers

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

No news on Reavers or Hellions (Bikes and Hoverboards, respectively) as of yet, but wait for the next preview, which will probably be about Wych Cults, which both of the units are.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Avoid monoliths, both of the flyers, the obelisk, triarch praetorians/stalker, and tomb spyders.

Ghost Ark/Doomsday Ark is entirely optional.

Everything else is generally fine. I might have missed a unit though.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

but i want to use my cool terminator lord model and Typhus is gay as fuck

girlDog
girlDog

Typhus is gay as fuck
You are playing Chaos, everything you include is gay by default. You really shouldn't be worrying about that.

cum2soon
cum2soon

I swear to CHRIST if Reavers are anywhere near 30 points I'm going to GW, finding the math illiterate cunt who thought 30 point reavers is fair compared to 31 point Shining Spears and 32 point Tomb Blades and forcing him to eat his own dick.

askme
askme

DESU not much info has leaked out right now. All we know is that GW has made it easy to build a force that uses Kabalites, Wyches, and Covens with 3 patrol detachments giving +4 CP and spending 1CP to give a Succubus and Haemonculus Warlord traits as well.

The Kabal Special rules have been well recieved. I don't know if jetbikes and hoverboards will be a viable build yet but I'm would almost guarantee that bikes will be seeing a points decrease. Nobody is going to have the full picture until the codex drops in a couple weeks. All this hype train is over the smallest details of the previews on the Community website.

Inmate
Inmate

Prehaps he means he won’t be able to get rid of them fast enough to claim objectives from them?

Techpill
Techpill

Well based off what we've seen so far, my mate and I think it's being written by Phil "Eldar toesucker" Kelly, so they should be much cheaper. Like Dark Reapers.

Methshot
Methshot

I'm also a Tau player therefore double gay which loops back into hetero

Snarelure
Snarelure

but i want to use my cool terminator lord model
Then use him my friend, it's your army you should play the models/units you like and to hell with what other people say
unless this is for an optimised list in which case I dunno

Thanks friend the idea of a fast army with cool minis just appeals to me
And virtually no one in my meta plays them, our resident deldar player switched to mono harlequins in 7th

Thanks for the info, what happened with the sculpting at gw? Why did deldar get such cool stuff and most other armies get shit

Skullbone
Skullbone

Any specific suggestions to kill space marines and golden boys?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Well they did released a whole plastic custodes range user they can release NOT!Varagyrs Einherjerwho accompanied Russ when he left

Flameblow
Flameblow

Yeah but supposedly Kelly wrote the 6th ed dex too and look how that turned out. He's basically a human russian roulette. Sometimes he's Ward-lite, sometimes he's Cruddace.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

I fear lot of stuff won't benefit from the rules best suited for them because of the faction split. Not to mention neutral units like Scourges and Mandrakes that won't get any of them.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Run the new -2 ap if half range dynasty and beep your boops into bop range.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Destroyers, immortals and warriors have no problem with marines. C'tan kill custodes with their mortal wounds.

eGremlin
eGremlin

There's no 6th edition codex for DE. There's 5th (which had the characters) and 7th (which didn't, and then got fucked when Decurions became all the rage).

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Greatly Improved

At the start of 8th Wyches were touted as the most improved unit in the game and they were still hot trash.

FastChef
FastChef

I like [thing] about 40k. Do you guys like [thing]?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Scourges got a fucking point decrease while already our most point efficient unit AND got d6 damage blasters so they can be more mobile and if anything having multiple subfaction specific obsessions means you can literally use the best choice for everything at all times. Let me play the world smallest Violin for any fellow Archon who isn't stoked at the changes.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Officially worst taste. Please leave this Nigerian basket-weaving website and never return.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Yes [thing] is pretty good. What do you like about [thing]?

Supergrass
Supergrass

whole plastic custodes range

GW released custodes before FW. And so far neither of their units have clashed. GW and FW terminators and bikes are different. Making plastic Varagyrs just as FW got their resin ones out is a bit of a strange move.

Either they'll be completely different from FW ones (like deathshrouds) or a completely different unit with a similar name (which isn't going to be confusing at all).

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

I'm sorry, I meant 7th. I stopped playing when 6th came out so when I heard about the bullshit the 7th ed book was I didn't know 7th was out yet and now always get them confused.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Where did the 6+++ on vehicles come from?

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

wheres the fighting

Attached: 1521954284481.png (652 KB, 680x737)

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Every time I read someone in tg call another user friend i assume he's Vulkan

Attached: images.jpg (32 KB, 471x313)

King_Martha
King_Martha

It's the first power from pain bonus. It gives it to anything that doesn't already have pfp.

Spamalot
Spamalot

Attached: images-(20).jpg (17 KB, 396x301)

Soft_member
Soft_member

How viable is it to run these guys as your standard troops
Aesthetically the Warriors look like ass

Attached: 70CCA53A-68ED-4847-9190-9FF8E6BB6420.jpg (35 KB, 873x627)

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Ah. Fair enough. Kelly wrote the 5e codex but there's no official word on who wrote the 7e one. But based on his treatment of Eldar in the past, I think we can rule out Kelly.
If a Black Heart unit doesn't have PfP, then it gets the first step of PfP, which is a 6+++.

happy_sad
happy_sad

At least I don't like [that thing].

I like how [adjective] [thing] is, and how it interacts with [stuff]. I'm also a big fan of [thing]'s [visual aesthetic quality]. Much better than [that thing].

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Not running Lychguards as troops

w8t4u
w8t4u

See
It doesn't work on EVERY vehicle (I beleive the jets are wych cult and maaaaybe the venoms) but raiders and ravagers still are <KABAL> and don't have power from pain so get the 6+++

massdebater
massdebater

My [thing] > your [thing]

Inmate
Inmate

That still fucks with my head.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

It's fine. Warriors only work in big deep striking blocks anyway.

They can be either kabal or wych cult.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Would it be a dick move to bring multiple eversors to a game with a new player?

Methshot
Methshot

[My thing] is the best thing that ever happened to this hobby. Prove me wrong, protip: you can't.
Venoms can be Kabal, Cult or Covens.

Methnerd
Methnerd

Yes.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

what happened with the sculpting at gw? Why did deldar get such cool stuff and most other armies get shit

Because we're just that goddamn bad ass.

If you really want to run that kind of army as DE you should try to scrounge up a couple boxes of Gangs of Commorragh, 60$ for 6 Reavers and 10 hellions, probably the cheapest pack of models GW was selling. They were sold out on the GW website, and the only place I saw them online was for 100$ on Amazon. Fortunately I checked a few days ago and there were some in stock I bought up a box so goddamn fast haha, they sold out again instantly. There's still some available on the the other countries GW pages, you could maybe call them and see if they'd ship to you from a different country (depending on your location if your american like me) otherwise instead of 60$ for 10 +6 its 25$*2 for 10 hellions and 39.50*2 for 6 reavers or basically 130$ if you dont get them in the gangs of commoragh set.

Emberburn
Emberburn

It's just a mistake in the points section, that you think they would've bothered to fix.

Evilember
Evilember

Help me with a rules question user...

If my Firewarriors are in a Tidewall, are they still effected by a Fireblade and/or Etherials and/or pulse accelerator drones auras?

I'm thinking of bringing some Day'leth Tidewalls... but if they dont get the buffs then what good are they in there?

Attached: Tidewall2.jpg (39 KB, 600x620)

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Cut the barrel in half and move the nozzle to where the green rod starts. Looks great.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Only if the fireblade isn't in it.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Always loved DEldar aesthetics
Friends bought me a Get started box for Christmas
Realize I will never make this look even halfway decent, even if my life depended on it.
Fuck my shaking hands man...

RumChicken
RumChicken

Fuck off, [that thing] is objectively inferior. "durrr, hurr", fucking [that thing]lets.

[My thing] is the best thing that ever happened to this hobby
he thinks [his thing] matters
lol come back when you get a [new thing] for [your thing].

StonedTime
StonedTime

Neat. I only ever run Kabal units for <My Dudes> related reasons, vehicles excluded because any asshole can drive a car. Good to know though.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

PFP but I doubt they'll get the rule

DeathDog
DeathDog

fix
This assumes it wasn't intended.

We literally won't know until GW fixes it.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

It wasn't as the datasheet has them as elites which is where it actually matters.

FastChef
FastChef

Fuck my shaking hands man
user that's a legitimate fetish and you're asking for it on an image board populated by degenerate nerds.

JunkTop
JunkTop

Ah... so putting him in a drone port suppresses his aura?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

any asshole can drive a car
Ha! Apparently you've never seen Chinese drivers.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

you take that back.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

That isn't what the rules say, unfortunately. I assume most people will not do it in friendly games, and I would be surprised if tournaments didn't FAQ it themselves, but it is unfortunately up for grabs right now.

And honestly, Lychguards as troops are no worse than free upgrades or transports from 7th. If anything, it seems rather tame.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Yeah units in transports basically don't exist as far as the game is concerned. It also relies on some pretty creative interpretation for a fireblade to effect units shooting from a tideline.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

PFP should give 5++ prove me wrong

Lunatick
Lunatick

It is what the rules say.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

making deldar nurgle with more upsides
lol

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

I literally can't though. But it would be a little silly considering how cheap DE guys are that they'd be that durable.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

pox walker and/or the dead walk again
mortar
flyrants

Anything else do you guys think gonna be fucked in FAQ?

Attached: IMG-0102.jpg (39 KB, 384x384)

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Okay and its possible they've been improved even more from that no? Honestly DE are my favorite faction by far and have a beautiful model range, a strong rules is just icing on the cake. Based on what playtesters of the rules have said (the guys who run the Splintermind podcast) DE are going to be a very competitive strong army. Everything we've seen so far looks good. True DE players are not worried and are fucking STOKED right now, we're used to being one of the weakest factions for years so there's nowhere to go but up honestly.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

I live in a retirement area in Florida user, it's worse than downtown fucking Beijing. Trust me when I say literally ANY asshole can get a license. Even a literal disembodied asshole. I saw a guy get arrested for driving himself to his own fucking cataracs surgery.

MPmaster
MPmaster

Re read the rules, my dear user.

King_Martha
King_Martha

So uh... I've never really gotten into the actual wargame of 40k. Dawn of war and reading the lore is all I do. Do I actually have to buy a bunch of minis to play?

farquit
farquit

Find in the rules where battlefield role is determined by the points section.

viagrandad
viagrandad

You're right so I can't.

happy_sad
happy_sad

how well can you sell stuff on ebay? id like to buy the forgebane box but i dont need all of the minis.

5mileys
5mileys

It specifies it on the Kabal rule

cum2soon
cum2soon

If an ability triggers on roll of 6+ does that mean I can roll a 5 and with a +1 to hits It still triggers?

takes2long
takes2long

no, you can also buy a bunch of biggies

w8t4u
w8t4u

Yes.

iluvmen
iluvmen

no you dont of course. you can play with whatever you want and name it space marine

Inmate
Inmate

Yes unless the rule explicitly mentions natural 6

idontknow
idontknow

Getting a license =/= being able to actually drive.
Yup. And once you start, you'll never stop and it will eventually consume your life and all of your relationships. Dammit Martha why did you leave me?!

hairygrape
hairygrape

If you want to sell, do it locally or on the mini trading sub-reddit

Playboyize
Playboyize

Just saying to take the community post with a pinch of salt, I'm over the moon about what's been released of DE.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Yep.

If it seems daunting to build and paint, my advice would be to find a premade army on eBay and play with that for a few games, before getting models yourself.

I originally came into the hobby by buying a 2k points army of Necrons. I then bought more Necrons models, and slowly build it up to a point where I could replace the old one, at which point I started to repaint the bought ones in my own colour scheme.

It helped me stick to it, because I didn't have to build an entire army from the ground up, and you'd be surprised how cheap you can in some armies on eBay.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Can someone please direct me to a points leak for the Necron Codex that isn’t the previous beta one? Thanks!

Methshot
Methshot

the actual game is almost secondary. 90% of the hobby are the miniatures and the lore.

TreeEater
TreeEater

I never specified that they could drive WELL user.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Find the rule where it says it is always the datasheet taking precedent.

Snarelure
Snarelure

I... fuck that's a good point.
We only have the beta one till the codex drops on the weekend and Putin uploads it for us. Chill.

Emberfire
Emberfire

Okay, I'll actually look into reading how to play then. There's a comic shop on main street in my city that has a room where people do tabletop stuff, so I'll see if anyone around is interested. thanks.

Evilember
Evilember

The beta one is the final codex

Firespawn
Firespawn

Which army attracts the most cancerous players?

SniperGod
SniperGod

On the page where it talks about datasheets it lists battlefield role.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

whichever one you play but not the one I play

SniperWish
SniperWish

Lol its cool user, don't worry about it and just do your best. Our model line is not going to be updated for YEARS (considering Orks, Chaos, SoB all need refreshes before us by which point they will need to refresh the cash muhreens)so there always plenty of time to just buy another box and have another go at painting a new batch. At 25$ bucks a box for Kabalites our dude are cheap AF compared to most other races.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Not really. If you play at GW then yes but casuals with friends you probably won't need to. I would advise getting some units over time just because painting is nice. You can most armies cheap on eBay used. Strip the paint and make it your own.

WebTool
WebTool

What the fuck are you me I'm right about to buy 2k points of a friend's crons

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

People actually believe this
The absolute sate of hobbyist

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Tau or Space Wolves, generally.

DeathDog
DeathDog

Good, so you know where it is.

Now read it carefully.

eGremlin
eGremlin

They used to get it though, back in fifth they would get the normal 4+ FNP, then some asshole change it to 6+ as the first bonus then 5+ in the third turn which only prevented them to actually benefit from the pfp rule because survivability is a luxury for a deldar player flimsy units

also that one asshole that nerfed the huskblade into ap3 and then to ap-3 instead of -3 like every other power sword, MAKE IT CAUSE MORTAL WOUNDS MUSES DAMM IT

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

I have. You haven't presented any evidence that the points page lists a units battlefield role.

FastChef
FastChef

Space Wolves

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Honestly with how cash money our line looks (bar finecast Archon) if we ever get an update it'll probably just look worse.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

I don't think I have the physically capabilities to make them look good, no matter how much I practice, unfortunately. I have some nerve damage in my wrists (among other places) so my precision ith a pencil will never be good enough for this kind of detail I'm afraid.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

I did this quite a few editions ago, but Necrons aren't really my main army anymore. I switched more to Eldar, DEldar and Eldar Corsairs now, as I prefer the style they have.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

The plastic Archon looks a lot worse than the old finecast one

Booteefool
Booteefool

Oh this weapon used to cause INSTANT DEATH when the target suffers a wound. How about it only deals d3 damage and is instead objectively worse than an Agonizer for 6 more points.

Fuck GW

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Do Scourges or other haemonculus subjects still consider themselves eldar?

Attached: really-reminds-you.png (265 KB, 304x490)

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

What I'm saying is neither look as good as the older metal archon that came out when 5th dropped.

Spamalot
Spamalot

I don't agree with this. Personally I bought one box at a time and learned everything slowly. Had a lot of fun that way.

girlDog
girlDog

Do you guys allow newcomers to use your army for a test games and stuff?

happy_sad
happy_sad

Scourges are just regular niggers with wing implants, so most DE look at them as lesser but not outright not Eldar. Wracks and shit though are basically weaponized piles of slave flesh.

cum2soon
cum2soon

Space Marines and tech priests still consider themselves human.

takes2long
takes2long

Tau, eldars and don't let Magnus deceive you, he's just butthurt because prospero is still ashes

Attached: received-10155402827154370.jpg (20 KB, 502x387)

askme
askme

Wracks and shit though are basically weaponized piles of slave flesh.
naa man thats the big ones. Wracks are d.eldar who volenteer to become body-horror shows

iluvmen
iluvmen

How to fuck over my local eldar / tau players as nids?

Attached: 1513854392449.png (390 KB, 607x608)

idontknow
idontknow

The answer is always genestealers

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Scourges consider themselves better Eldar because their feet don't touch the same pathetic GROUND as the others. As for Wracks, Xagor from Path of the Dark Eldar was quite happy being a Wrack and seemed to consider himself an Eldar.
I'm not Magnus, boy. I'm a rapey space elf.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Dark reapers? -1 to hit army wide buffs? Smite?

-1 to hit thing is a bit of a pipe dream though, fucking hell I hate everyone using that fucking thing.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

You haven't presented any evidence that the points page lists a units battlefield role
Not that user, but they literally do.

Most of us don't memorize the retarded symbol in the datasheets, because it is an arbitrary icon with 0 indication of what it is supposed to be. Much easier to just flip to the points.

It is obviously a misprint, there is no way they intended Lychguards as Troops. But I would not be surprised to see especially new players not realize this, and legitimately not understand that it is a problem or unintended. I only knew I was bullshit because I know what Lychguards are supposed to be, and there is no fucking way GW would actually do this.

Methshot
Methshot

post all

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Do i have to? Is it because you don't actually have anything? Is this some strange attempt to make me post the rules for you?

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

It presents them in lists organized by battlefield role but the points page isn't the definition of a units battlefield role.

Evilember
Evilember

Yes you have to present evidence that the points page defines a units battlefield role.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Different strokes. A lot of people get into the hobby to play, and then it can be daunting to make several boxes of minis and paint them, before you even get to play once. Most people are adults with jobs, we don't have time to build an army from scratch in a month. That is a year long plan, which is a long time to wait to actually play.

It depends on whether you get into it for the hobby or the game part.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Not always: I seem to recall a tale where Wracks were obtained from Tau "cultural exchange".

SniperWish
SniperWish

Why are -1 to hit traits a thing

WebTool
WebTool

I like you

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Other user who replied is correct. Wracks basically Haemonculus in training. They offer themselves as servants to the Haemon to learn their ways and if they are good they can be promoted up to Acothyst and then from there to Haemonculus. Haemonculus modify their bodies all the time so even one was modified horribly by their Haemonculus if over the centuries they worked their way up the food chain to become a Haemonculus themselves the could just undo whatever had been done to them.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Love it

FastChef
FastChef

...have you looked at the page? It literally lists them as their battlefield roles.

How about you instead find proof that the datasheets are the right one to use?

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Holy shit how did I miss this that is genius on so many levels.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Do you even read my post, or did you just assume the content?

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Huh, never knew that. Covens are still kind of new to me. What about Grotesques? Are they just hulked out wracks or are they failed wracks and slaves fleshcrafted into abominations?

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

nobody touches my dudes

Nojokur
Nojokur

space marines, but that's partly because they are the most numerous

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

It doesn't make single mention of battlefield role on the points page. it does on the datasheet page.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

I work fulltime and pursue other activities as well. I built up to a 1,5k army over the span of about 2 months by investing a handful oh hours each week into 40k.
What's the hurry?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

They're people who the Coven claimed in a raid and mutilated to fit the Covens purpose. There's a funny story in my earlier post here:

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

is summoning daemons as 1k sons or any other daemon army agood way to secure objectives and react to situations by sticking great big slabs of daemons where you want when you want?

looking at the idea of playing a 1ksons daemon/rubric army to get away from all the hype about bloody tzaangors.

i would be interested in getting tzaangor shamans tho if they can summon but my codex is 700km away can anyone check if they can summon?

girlDog
girlDog

It doesn't make single mention of battlefield role on the points page
Holy shit.

Attached: 1521523146280.jpg (216 KB, 1024x1024)

happy_sad
happy_sad

It must be "user that argues rules wrong on purpose" time. We need a better name for him. Hopefully he adopts a trip.

w8t4u
w8t4u

That's the whole idea behind my second marine army I'm building. The idea is to not pay retail for anything, just use old models that been stripped / repaired etc to show newcomers it doesn't have to be a huge investment up front and this is how good they'll look by a barely average painter.
Also Marines are babbys first army so they're the easiest to teach with

askme
askme

mortar
This makes me madder than anything else. Another unit unusable because WAACfags abuse units like a fat kid with chocolate. I’m talking specifically about that one pic of the HKM proxy-mortars on 60mm bases at a tourney.

Attached: 264B5992-01A6-44A5-937E-20EB69AA0DFD.jpg (1.31 MB, 3264x1725)

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

How powerful is cultists+poxwalker spam combo? what weakness does it have?

hairygrape
hairygrape

Because bland edition

Playboyize
Playboyize

It literally does in every single codex.

I think we all agree that Lychguard are definitely not troops, but you are straight up lying here.

Attached: Screenshot-20180328-112711~2.png (28 KB, 919x228)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

So admech have no battlefield roles as the points page doesn't organise them by role?

I'm arguing against people taking lychguard and deathmarks as troops.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

That sounds hilariohs, do you have the pic? Can you post it? I need it for reaction image purposes.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Save points and spam just cultists

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Cannot understand that some people don't want to invest 40+ hours into building an army before getting to play
Do you have autism or something?

Snarelure
Snarelure

I think Obsidian Rose is the best we've seen so far, but the other Warlord Traits, Relics and Stratagems we haven't seen yet I think remain to be a factor.

At this point I'm definitely going to run at least detachment as Poisoned Tongue; I was planning on picking up another 4 Sslyth and converting (yet another) Archon to run with them anyway, and that would give them all rerolls to hit (thanks to the Archon) and rerolls of 1 to wound, which should be pretty swell.

I'm really hoping Poisoned Tongue either gets a Warlord Trait or Stratagem that buffs poison weapons more though; something like they cause mortal wounds on 6s to wound perhaps, or at least better AP.

I'd put money on Reavers getting a price drop, which combined with the Blaster buff would make a unit of 9 with 3 Blasters very durable and very hard to stop getting into the opponents backline shooting up his good stuff.

Drybrushing is actually a really easy way to make Dark Eldar (Kabalites at least) look nice, I can show you some of mine if you like? They were what I got started with when I came back to painting after like 8 years.

Attached: dark-eldar-sslyth-by-rayph-d5t13ur.jpg (151 KB, 859x929)

Skullbone
Skullbone

Grotesques per the 7th ed codex are what happens when you piss off a Haemonculus. Yeah they basically transform some unfortunate dude into a hulked out murder machine, although honestly its not really any different than what the Imperium does with arco-flagellates...
That story
is linked here. And they were Grotesques.

It says clearly in the flavor text of the 7th ed codex im looking at right now that " Perhaps the most sickening aspect of the Wrack's strange plight is that they choose this terrible fate for themselves. Most hope to transcend their previous lives entirely - a Wrack will endure almost any degradation in the hope that one day he may become a Coven lord in his own right."

There was somewhat of a retcon from the 3rd edition dark eldar where "grotesques" were wrack sized and were basically just torture experiment monsters the Haemonculus created. I don't know how that stacks up with the 5th ed Dark Eldar because I was dropped out of the hobby during that point in time.

Evilember
Evilember

That doesn't define their battlefield role. Define is the keyword here. The datasheet page does. The points page simply organizes units by their battlefield role, it doesn't give them it.

Firespawn
Firespawn

The weakness is not getting the first turn and your opponent killing all your poxwalkers, which means you're left with a bunch of cultists who'll die easily the next turn.

SniperGod
SniperGod

what's HKM?

WebTool
WebTool

I'm arguing against people taking lychguard and deathmarks as troops
If you had read the posts instead of trolling and spreading misinformation, you would know I also said it was not going to be accepted anywhere.

So what, you are just retarded and trying to argue due to some strange strain of autism? Did you forget to take your meds this morning?

StonedTime
StonedTime

Reminder that autistic user who likes to argue shit incorrectly comes around this time of the night, hide, report, and do not reply to retards who cant read.

Attached: Silas-Alberec-Exorcists-3rd-Company-Captain.jpg (871 KB, 1006x1216)

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Drybrushing is actually a really easy way to make Dark Eldar (Kabalites at least) look nice, I can show you some of mine if you like? They were what I got started with when I came back to painting after like 8 years.
Sure. Might check up on dry brushing techniques, for some reason that didn't occur to me. Playing marines mostly has made army painting pretty easy mode so far.

DeathDog
DeathDog

I think those were meant to be Grotesques, but I also think they didn't clearly make a distinction.

In any case, yeah Wracks are supposed to be junior Haemys

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

No I'm arguing that the people who would try to use this don't have a leg to stand on as the points page isn't where you find a units battlefield role, the datasheet is.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Are you retarded, or just severely autistic?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

It literally does in every single codex.
AdMech codex doesn't mention battlefield roles in the points section, Guard codex doesn't mention roles in the points section. There's probably others but it's not a consistent formatting.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

I can understand it, I just think that these people should look for another hobby and stop trying to find excuses for their lack of discipline and dedication.

FastChef
FastChef

Can I take armigers with chaos knights? It has a really generic keyword <questoris allegiance> tag. Thoughts?

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

This might help you out user save for future reference

Attached: PaintsGuide.jpg (3.41 MB, 1920x6224)

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Are you? The datasheet is where you find a units battlefield role. The rulebook is clear on this. The points page is just a guide.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

It's weak to lists that build to counter it. Anything that can shit out an assload of shots or attacks in one turn, especially with a shoot or fight twice stratagem. Guard with an asston of Mortars and Ynnari with reaper spam work well but not much else has an easy time.

whereismyname
whereismyname

These guys aren't gonna win any Golden Daemons mind you, but they're fine for tabletop

Attached: 074.jpg (1.28 MB, 2688x1520)

Illusionz
Illusionz

No kidding. I am pretty tired of seeing mountains of posts saying "it doesn't say that" all the time. Especially when it is this God damn blatant.

I don't understand why it is so hard to understand that GW made a mistake.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

I know it's a typo. Just not one that has any rules impact.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Same techniques here

Attached: VV-Talos.jpg (225 KB, 1344x760)

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

I'm just tired of this autist baiting shit loads of retards into replying only for him to argue that there's no such thing as a shooting value, etc. since the rulebook doesn't explicitly say it.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

No, play Imperium if you want the new guys, not everything needs a chaos counterpart

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

It states, which you'd know if you read the earlier post of it, and subsequent linkings to said post, that "the Haemonculi unleashed their newest creations. Long-limbed Grotesques" and that "Vid-captures from Tau drones showed that their sinew-riddled allies were not pallid as before, but a blue-grey coloration all too familiar to the Tau."

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

But why not? The renegade knights have <questoris traitoris>. Does this mean you have to ally them in with <questoris imperialis> or <questoris mechanicus>?

King_Martha
King_Martha

But you are forgetting that not everyone is a metagaming shithead with turboautism like you.

Some people are just dropping in for a game once every 3 or 4 months. And some even picked up a new army with 8ths launch, and doesn't know better. They pick up the book, make their lists using the point sheets, miss the datasheet classification, and make a mistake. That happens, and when it does, you don't act like a screeching autist, you talk it out like a normal human adult.

I know this is Veeky Forums, and Autists are everywhere, but at least try to pretend you are capable of functioning in a normal social environment.

5mileys
5mileys

Wish I did, dude. If you find it, it’s simply a bunch of HKMs on a 60mm lava bases. It was posted here what must be a year ago.

Hunter Killer Missile.

takes2long
takes2long

All I did was point out that the datasheet is the correct source. Then everyone jumped on me saying I was wrong.

w8t4u
w8t4u

stop trying to find excuses for their lack of discipline and dedication.
Buying a base army and then building upon it, means you lack discipline and dedication.
Uh... No it doesn't.

massdebater
massdebater

Neat. Thanks user.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Landraiders in your rhino user

Methshot
Methshot

I really like how you call me the screeching autist and tell me that I'm not normal when you started to be abusive. Not that I care about your tone, but you should take a good long look at a mirror.

Methnerd
Methnerd

As a Tau player, I fucking loved that part.

It was hilarious, especially because of the hesitant "f.. for the greater good. R.. Right, guys...?" That followed.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Anime Lelith shouldn't be a thing in the first place.

Skullbone
Skullbone

are there any scans kicking about yet for the new fluff that was released in forgebane?

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Why are you pretending to be someone else?

Emberfire
Emberfire

Those are pretty much black undercoat, heavy drybrush dark green, light drybrush light green, green ink wash, faint drybrush with silver and thats it. It works really well with blues and reds as well, so long as you're cool with a dark body in general with brighter spiky bits.

Evilember
Evilember

I seem to remember the Forgebane book just stating it could be set to Questor Imperialis or Questor Mechanicus but then again I didn't read that section to see if chaos could take them as I don't play chaos.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

I am surprised my trolling got a rise out of someone
I mean, I agree that he is also pretty autistic for falling for such an obvious bait, but you can't really feign innocence after the posts you've made here.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

I'll check it out. I'm waiting on my box to get here, but I'm doing a renegade house. I may just have to run them as imperial knights.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

All? Like volume 2? Or do you actually want me to splurt out all the parts..

Attached: marauderworries.png (164 KB, 632x427)

StonedTime
StonedTime

He's not even the dude that you replyed to.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Huh, that sounds pretty easy. Might try stripping my models and trying for that instead.

Thanks for the advice!

JunkTop
JunkTop

Meh, I am just chiming in. I just see the same type of post and assumed it was the same guy.

I just want them to stop shtting up the thread with more bait, and the following responses to the bait.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

I missed some of vol 2 so dumping that would be nice.

Attached: 1502445442018.jpg (430 KB, 1200x1157)

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

FELLOW ARCHONS, I am shit at free handing! I can paont well but my shaky hands can't do a straight line worth a rat's ass. Do any of you know where I may get old Dark Elf transfer sheets? I want to use the symbol for the big bad Dark Elf (Forget his name, Morathi's kid.) for my Kabal. The talons grasping lightning bolts one. Any tips?

Supergrass
Supergrass

I didn't actually intend it to be bait. It kinda got away from me after people kept replying to me.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

No problem my man, hope they come out looking good

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Sorry I'm LARPing as Cegorach

Booteefool
Booteefool

ebay, thats where I got mine.

On a related note, you can sometimes find Dark Elf banner/instrument bits which also make pretty good ornamentation

MPmaster
MPmaster

Make a stencil.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Well ok, here goes..

Attached: V02P1SPACEMARAUDER.png (7.59 MB, 1096x7232)

takes2long
takes2long

Attached: V02P2SPACEMARAUDER.png (6.57 MB, 1128x7304)

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

And a reply link to part 4 just in case.

Attached: V02P3SPACEMARAUDER.png (5.77 MB, 1168x7272)

Techpill
Techpill

LOGS and Marauder
Veeky Forums is cancer like never before

Attached: outtaheregif.gif (1.95 MB, 450x297)

Methshot
Methshot

no offense, but do DE actually have a large player base? Or is it popular just in Veeky Forums

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

That's the one I was missing, thank you user. You make the best shitposts this general has seen in months.

Emberfire
Emberfire

normies only know muhreens, sobs, and orks

Evilember
Evilember

So DoW3 is on 75% sale, $9.99. Is it still not worth it even as a time killer?

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

I haven't heard anything worthwhile from the campaign and the multiplayer is pretty dead.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Buy it and find out

StonedTime
StonedTime

Yes

JunkTop
JunkTop

There's two out of like fifteen at my FLGS, so it seems to be
It's not even worth it at free

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

A while back an user posted his scion list that was basically 100% scion plasma infantry and taurox primes. If i replaces all the tauroxs with vultures would it still be workable?

Attached: hhmyvfa.jpg (97 KB, 1920x1080)

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

I doubt it. They do seem over represented on Veeky Forums for whatever reason, I've only seen one other player IRL but that doesn't count for a whole lot as I hardly play

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

I don't think there's that many here either.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Not that many but people do play them.
They’ve never been that strong but they’ve never been Ork tier, lack of updates may mean people are just keeping them at home while they play with the new hotness.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

There always seems to be quite a few people discussing them, at least compared to what you'd expect for such a niche faction

happy_sad
happy_sad

I get what you mean and I respect that, I just don't care.
Thanks.

Meanwhile.. have volume 3's cover.
I'll start making it on Friday or late night Thursday..

Attached: volume3cover.png (1.28 MB, 1030x1088)

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Multiplayer is mindless and not worth it.
Campaign is ok but you can see the plot coming a mile away, nothing interesting to say about it really.

They tried to make gameplay deeper/E-sportish by giving every unit in the game some kind of special ability but unless you’re a twitchy Starcraft pro it just ends up being a clumsy mess.

askme
askme

Work in progress. What do you think ?

Attached: 20180327-210255.jpg (4.62 MB, 4032x3024)

massdebater
massdebater

They are all russian advertise bots.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Fuck this phone rotating pictures.

Methnerd
Methnerd

I'll talk about them even though I don't play them. They also tend to be more vocal than most.

Snarelure
Snarelure

spoken like a true oldfag, maybe there is still hope.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

i want thicc lelith to smother me with her thighs

Emberburn
Emberburn

I only know one person at my LGS that plays them. Then again, my LGS is definitely not the norm because over half the players run Tyranids.

Flameblow
Flameblow

russian bots want to be freewheeling self made men

sounds about right

RumChicken
RumChicken

all girl tempestus army, Y/N

Attached: Kruger-FIG-1.jpg (75 KB, 714x1024)

StonedTime
StonedTime

Predictions for tonights Dark Eldar update?

I'm wondering whether they'll continue barreling along and go into Wyches or whether we'll get a breather with something smaller. How many weeks do they normally stretch the Codex release hype out for? I normally don't pay much attention.

Attached: 400px-Darkeldarsuccubus-by-sickjoe-d71m889.jpg (43 KB, 400x600)

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

What?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

N

There are a few factions that can make sense as fapbait, they are not one of them

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

N

JunkTop
JunkTop

The codex will be up for preorder on Saturday and release the week after.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Hope is like beef.
Beef is lost.
Beef will return.
Now I gotta pass History.

Attached: häpimarauda.jpg (50 KB, 595x255)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

I'm the only true DE player on Veeky Forums because I'm the only one posting lists and taking advices to not get fucked by BA. I was so desperate I switched for Ynnari yesterday and destroyed him.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

go pass history you glorious faggot

Supergrass
Supergrass

switched for Ynnari
Scum.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

I sense your kind a thousand miles away.

Attached: scionanon2.jpg (51 KB, 480x640)

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Some kind of ability or wargear to allow DE to deny psychic powers.
Like if they gave crucible of malediction that.

Or playing up the mind eating abilities of the medusae.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

basically im just looking for a cheaper model than the ones GW sells, since no recasters seem to make them

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

I meant to quote

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

So there's probably an obvious answer, but why were the Eldar ever a dying race? Sure they lost most of their tech and like 99.9% of their population, but they still had more technology they understood how to build and use than any other active faction (Necrons not being really "active"), have genetic engineering, and can grow more Eldar in vats. Why didn't anyone decide to maybe build up a few thousand new worlds and populate them with a few trillion new Eldari if they were worried about dying out?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Fun fact, it is not your phone but Veeky Forums, it can't read the horiantation of images.

Soft_member
Soft_member

TGG
cheaper

nigger what

viagrandad
viagrandad

Dark Eldar are doing fine it's the craftworlds having problems because they need soulstones.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Because they don't fuck enough

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

if you bring a lot of FW then that explains why FW are some of the best infantry in the game for there low cost.

5mileys
5mileys

Thanks user

Actually wouldn't be surprised to see something like that, some more anti psychic stuff is sorely needed.

It'd be nice to see Medusae get something to do, I rarely field mine when I can just take Sslyth instead.

Attached: dark-eldar-medusa-by-rayph-d5t13rs.jpg (138 KB, 685x1000)

cum2soon
cum2soon

eldar dont believe in growing dudes in vats

dark eldar dont give a shit so theres tons of them

idontknow
idontknow

are you the guy that kept getting wrecked by BA who never answered what kept happening to his screens

TreeEater
TreeEater

does anyone really believe this?

Evilember
Evilember

Not quite those numbers, but the general sentiment.

Maybe 60/40 for me

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

GW seems to think that. In fact I'm sure GW thinks everyone just plays with close friends instead of random people in a store.

RumChicken
RumChicken

the models and the lore are absolutely 90% of the hobby for me.

i like playing but if the game was just playing, i would have never gotten into it

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

I mean, the games pretty unbalanced and bad right now. I'd believe it.

JunkTop
JunkTop

not making friends with randoms in your store
What kind of hostile place do you live in?

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

only true DE
switched to Ynnari
Wut

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

pox walker and/or the dead walk again
mortar
whats wrong with these?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Not grimderp enough

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Here’s a tip: Crop your photos a tiny bit before posting and the site should interpret it in the correct orientation.

Lunatick
Lunatick

unfun zombie list almost as bad as 7e summoning and ridiculously cheap firepower

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

so then how about all those other splinter groups of Eldar? None of them decided that being neither space pandas going extinct because none of them want children nor psychopaths confined to a single city least their souls be ripped from their bodies from shear murderfuckery sounded like a decent way to make their lives less sucky?

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

They were great in the index for 8ppm, but everybody was too busy jizzing themselves over drone and commander spam to notice. Except me, because I ran 72 of the fuckers and just blew the shit out of everything.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Why does she have the face of a 12 year old and tits of an adult?

Is it because gooks can't draw for shit or that all you anime faggots are pedos?...or both?

Spamalot
Spamalot

I get about 2-4 games a month, but paint and build almost every day. Definitely more of modelling than playing for me

takes2long
takes2long

If they were pedos, why would she have the tits of an adult?

askme
askme

Gauss carbines when.

Attached: 01-01.jpg (127 KB, 800x800)

Bidwell
Bidwell

I haven't played in months, but that's because I prefer small games in a store that mostly plays 3000+ points per side.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

No idea about you user, but I have some standards. One of them is no obese individuals, overweight is fine, lards with a gravity well are no go.

Methshot
Methshot

My store always plays 1k a side, and even when I schedule a 2k game I get cucked and asked if we can do 1k instead. But the stores so small that I cant really say no. I wish people here played HoR though. They refuse to play anything that isn't official GW.

Snarelure
Snarelure

for me.
for me

so your both just pulling shit out your ass based on personal experience?
I mean, the games pretty unbalanced and bad right now
tournament cheese vs actually playing the game at your lgs
This has been one of the best editions yet.

Emberburn
Emberburn

3000+ pts? Damn! I wish I could get some games like that. I've managed to get a few that size, but it's mostly 1500-2000 at my local.

Emberfire
Emberfire

If they weren't pedos, why would she have the face of a kid?

Evilember
Evilember

says young bastard that didn't play during glorious 3rd/4th
How does it feel haven incomplete codex?

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

I meant to say that they're trying so hard to balance shit that they're overnerfing, and making too many knee-jerk reactions to stuff that might become problematic. Also, its impossible to use fun FW stuff in games that aren't apocalypse. Hordes are annoying as fuck, the character targeting rules are pretty annoying. The whole CP system and MSU is aggravating.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

What was his BA like? I'm not sure what exactly you had problems with.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

what face? she literally has a dot for a nose and a line for a mouth. anime is the worst form of "art". you could put long hair and a dress on a male character, and you would think it was meant to be a female all along, and vice versa

TechHater
TechHater

I miss the image list builder.

Attached: image.jpg (782 KB, 1800x3452)

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Of course its simple, it's meant to be animated.

JunkTop
JunkTop

so your both just pulling shit out your ass based on personal experience?
You asked if anyone believed it, apparently they do.

Most evidence indicates GW does too. If you don't, thats fine, just go play more I guess.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

vice versa
You mean take the dress and long hair off and it's a boy? Wew...

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

broodlord
trygon
24 gene stealers
60 termagaunts

What else should I pick up for a decent 1500-2000 point list. Hive Guard look great.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

7 hive tyrants

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Harder to fap to

Attached: 14611780771753.jpg (744 KB, 2560x1810)

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

7 flyrants

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

So then it's just that gooks can't draw for shit?

Wouldn't be surprised if they did put long hair and a dress on a male character hahahahaha

Either way, it doesn't really belong with 40k

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

they could have gone up in price and i still would bring 90 of them.
for me
did you even read the original statement?
I wasn't asking if you hobby over game i was asking if people legitimately believe
the game is secondary to modeling and lore.

Lunatick
Lunatick

How do I model the devourers? The tyrant kit doesn't come with the option.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

"fap"...are you 12? Use real words you wanker

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

I wasn't asking if you hobby over game i was asking if people legitimately believe the game is secondary to modeling and lore.

looks like those people do

I do too

cum2soon
cum2soon

You have 60 termagaunts.
Take those devourers and snip of the hive bit and stick it to a deathspitter or something.

takes2long
takes2long

A face with the features displayed in this electronic picture that I have atached to this post make it slightly more difficult to sustain an erection and stroke my male member for the length of time that is required to reach climax.

massdebater
massdebater

welcome to Veeky Forums, I hope you enjoy your time here

Attached: 1521266591645.jpg (69 KB, 1024x790)

Methshot
Methshot

Lets hope the corpse emperor's literal lapdog is dead.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Oh, sorry. I misread. If you wanted that, then yes

Emberburn
Emberburn

lol. Because you find the faces of children more attractive than adults? Pedo

On the plus side you're probably a virgin anyway

Flameblow
Flameblow

Now this is WAAAAAGH racing

Attached: thisis.jpg (85 KB, 540x960)

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Slannesh is constantly sucking out the souls of all Eldar there are 4 ways around this.
1. Hide in the Webway where the souldrain is much slower and recharge your soul through torture.
2. Be a craftworld faggot and wear a soulstone while living monk life.
3. Be an Exodite faggot and live the Amish life and have your soul go into the world spirit or some shit
4. Whatever the fuck the Ynnari are doing I haven't read in to their lore that much because its shit

Dark Eldar don't care about growing, they have their little paradise area and the survival games and backstabbing that comes with it. Creating too many DE would just be more competition for resources like torture slaves or whatever. They are also indifferent outside of their whims, they've already conquered the galaxy and could care less about the cattle that currently populate it.

The Craftworld Eldar and Exodites have basically gone into a self-hating monk mode for creating Slannesh, the Eldar spend all their time repressing their emotions and the Exodites live like Amish so they cant have bad thoughts.

tl;dr The Eldar can't reexpand because they are still dealing with the ramifications of The Fall.

WebTool
WebTool

i wasn't asking their personal preference i was asking if they believe the hobby in general that the game is secondary to modeling and general.
so if there was a census that asked every single 40k fan what the most important part of the hobby is to them.
you would say modeling and lore would rank higher than the game?
i tend to think its 50/50
I only model because i play the table top.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Who's your favourite Let's Flayer? I like Malekith'sPliers

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Oh my....

TechHater
TechHater

how the hell are you supposed to find emails on yoyhammer?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Calling people virgins when discussing plastic army men on a vietnamese spear fishing plaza
How's high school?

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

oh my fuck I love this

I don't give a shit a census would say. They obviously make the rules to cover what they want to sell. Thats why I don't give two shits about how my dudes do on the table.

google names

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

you believe majority of 40k fans feel the same?
I guess at this point i have to ask what does secondary mean. would you still model if the game didn't exist?

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

I only model because i play the table top
yeah, thats your personal preference, no one asked for that

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

lol

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Ork conversions makes me happy. But prequel references makes me angry.
5/10 - Good Job.

whereismyname
whereismyname

Nice argument.

Nojokur
Nojokur

Personally I like the Kabal of the Flayed Grumps.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

he cares about fluff

Attached: 6f1e4413c7832be0b8be7e138d043bd6.jpg (42 KB, 446x400)

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Just be happy it isn't a Disney star wars reference.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

why?
I don't give a shit a census would say.
why even bother replying?

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

you believe majority of 40k fans feel the same?
I do, but I have no source for that beyond personal experience, I doubt anyone does though
would you still model if the game didn't exist?
yes, though not as much, I admit I sometimes buy shit because I get so excited about how fun it'll be to play.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

No idea, ask the anime losers, they're probably hanging around outside one

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Not pewdiefrompain

King_Martha
King_Martha

boss

Soft_member
Soft_member

While youre at home playing with plastic toy soldiers. Cool argument dude.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

I'd be less likely to as GW is way expensive for just a modeling hobby, but I wouldn't play 40k if it was just a bunch of paper circles or something.

farquit
farquit

I don't think I understand why though. They were always solid, but holy fuck S5 somehow feels broken in 8th compared to previous editions.

Maybe it is also the fact that we have access to +1 to wound and that vehicle now just have a Toughness value, that mean we are almost always wounding fairly easily against everything, even the formerly untouchable vehicles. Lots of wounds means very little when you are throwing out several hundreds of shots that hit on 4+ with rerolls, and also wounds on a 4+.

I mean, take my usual front line setup of 60 fire Warriors. They throw out 180 shots, because I have 3 fireblades and never leave a unit outside of their bubble. If we assume no markerlights, we hit on 4+, which is 80 hits. Of those, 40 wound.

Against 4+ armour, they deal 20 unsaved wounds. Few vehicles can survive that.

Meanwhile, I have 60 wounds. That won't be punched through easily. And when I have so far been able to outright delete the threats one by one, it has been extremely easy to contain any of my opponents. I suppose it would be more difficult if I was against someone with no "big" threats, but that sure doesn't seem to be the meta here.

Oh, and the fire warriors with all of their support takes up less than half of my point allowance, so I am not even dipping THAT heavily into it.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Ok, so you're looking for an objective measure of whether Warhammer is more modelling or gaming? Go to the webstore and calculate the cost of all the minis and paints and modelling accessories, then do the same for things only for gaming (rulebooks, dice, measuring tapes); which is greater?

SPOILER ALERT: it's models

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Fuck off faggot you know what I mean. I'm painting and replying to you tards at the same time.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

yeah, thats your personal preference, no one asked for that
why are we even having a conversion?
thank you for being the first person to not reply like a fucking retard
have a wonderful day

massdebater
massdebater

ask the anime losers
Are you trying to be edgy and cool on an anonymous website?

idontknow
idontknow

Gamers are the minority. Most people are in it for lore/collectible/modeling maybe some gaming here and there.

escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.882631-Gamers-Only-20-Percent-of-Games-Workshops-Customers

Obviously theres a reason why they don't just sell loads of prepainted models to make it easy for people to just get in and play the game easy. They'd rather hook a bunch of autists like us for life than appeal to a bunch of normies who treat it like a fad and then move on.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

30 of my FW are breachers
Fuck off faggot you know what I mean. I'm painting and replying to you tards at the same time.
cant say i do

Methshot
Methshot

You're dumping over 400 points into killing one vehicle

SniperWish
SniperWish

S5 somehow feels broken in 8th compared to previous editions
There will always be certain numbers favored by any system. In 7th, S6 was the magic number. In 8th, S5 is the magic number. Enjoy it while you can.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Thats 4 wounds shy of killing a baneblade.

WebTool
WebTool

I know a lot of people who do dioramas using 40k models so this does not surprise me.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

20 wounds is a lot more than one vehicle. Also pretty efficient as far as cost ratios go.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Okay so Imperials still use our current calendar years, so what do they think happened at year 0?

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

My "personal" thoughts aside, there are at least 6 people who frequent my FLAGS that will spend hundreds of dollars at a time on models and paints, and never play. Ever. They don't buy rulebooks, but they buy models. I know another two guys that come in, buy models and use them to play RPG's with, never played a single GW game, but love their models. When my store first opened a few years back, a guy came in with a 7000 pt black Templar army he'd been building over years and asked if we could teach him to play.

tl;dr there are more people that buy models than play games.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

My LGS only has two tables, so we often have games ranging from 3000 to 10000 points a side. It can be fun at times but I prefer smaller games. Taking 6 hours to complete games gets old.

Meanwhile I would just like to play something like Kill Team.

Attached: 1521899590631.jpg (449 KB, 1920x1920)

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

Thoughts on 8th as a whole?

I love it, not only is it faster than the other editions ive played, so i actually have time to play. But I can keep most of the rules in my head.

Illusionz
Illusionz

That depends on if that year 0 is the same year 0 as ours.

It COULD be the day the Emperor arose, and in actuallity Warhammer 40,000 should be Warhammer 42,300 by our calendar. Or whenever.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Big devourers only come with the carnifex kit

Supergrass
Supergrass

Pretty much all of that history was lost.

It's got a long way to go but I have hopes it'll get there. I just hope GW can sort out its method of balancing things that isn't just to nerf things.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

I prefer sub 1k or kill team too. Kill team is what got me in and was the most fun and balanced. Our store has just gotten too many try hard faggots recently that its not fun to play anything above 1k anymore.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

yeah, not having to break open a rulebook every action is nice especially when you're playing against an unfamiliar opponent

Lunatick
Lunatick

Most heavier vehicles are 11-12 wounds, so you're killing just under 2 vehicles (which will still be less than 400 points unless it's something like a land raider which has a 2+ anyways and is taking way less than 20 wounds) and as soon as someone brings in an army with -1 to hit the entire thing falls apart and you drop down to ~6 wounds.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

nice but a little too streamlined. Gw should fix the covers with a system that rewards them better

Booteefool
Booteefool

This.

I have over $500 worth of converted exodite models I've built and painted that will never see a game.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Hmm...
Battalion #1
2 Fireblades
6 units of 12 fire Warriors with a markerlight in each unit
Battalion #2
2 Fireblades
Battalion #3
2 Fireblades
182 points for... I don't know, a fusion Coldstar or something
You now have 216 fire warriors. If anything ever gets within half range, it is dead, no matter what it is. At full range of 36", you are now firing 216 S5 shots. Apply above calculation, and you deal on average 9 wounds to a T5 2+ save model without spending a Command point.

But this also means you have 3 Battalions, so you have more CP than you can spend. So add on +1 to wound, and you deal 27 wounds instead.

I even forgot to account for the markerlights.

You will literally delete anything you want at range 36, and within 18 inches, you might as well not bother rolling.

Oh, and enjoy chewing through 222 models that can overwatch for each other.

MPmaster
MPmaster

not only is it faster
I still regularly see 2k point games take several hours to play through depending on the armies involved.

Soft_member
Soft_member

Per turn.

Enjoy trying to put 72 unsaved wounds on 6 different units, that has a 4+ armour save.

girlDog
girlDog

Most AT doesn't make its points back in a single turn, doing a decent job with infantry guns isn't bad.

cum2soon
cum2soon

Its good, I think less rules has made it less clunky to play. Even with far less special rules watching any "lets play" videos on Youtube theres always people commenting on how "you missed X rule here here" or "doesn't X actually do Y when Z happens?"

Someone's always gonna complain about something, its the nature of the playerbase. Alpha strike complaints can be resolved with more more and more terrain

w8t4u
w8t4u

He also didn't account for markerlights.

Inmate
Inmate

I like most changes compared to 7th.
but i hope that they will change cover. like giving a minus to hit or something.
and yes, I would also like that 6s are always succesful hits.

idontknow
idontknow

No, I'm pointing out that anime looks like pedophilia and pedophiles need to be lynched

likme
likme

Definitely an improvement. Not perfect but what game is?

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Playing through Soulstorm again, forgot about all this shit

Attached: file.png (1.49 MB, 1366x768)

Playboyize
Playboyize

Enjoy trying to put 72 unsaved wounds on 6 different units, that has a 4+ armour save.
The removal of templates was a mistake.

No one but Tau, Ork and MAYBE IG can reliably deal that much damage to so many units. And I am not sure if they can actually withstand the storm long enough to outlast this shit.

TreeEater
TreeEater

Being this butthurt about anime ON FUCKING Veeky Forums

kek
how new are you kiddo?

Attached: sickassdrukharigif.gif (4.54 MB, 1000x600)

Snarelure
Snarelure

Dark Eldar were awesome to play as in that game.

Emberfire
Emberfire

Projecting this hard

Evilember
Evilember

To be fair I've seen quite a few battle reports where a single fudged rule ended up being a complete game changer, i.e. a d3 ability being rolled as d6 leading to a linchpins death

Flameblow
Flameblow

What happened to Duncan? Did he died?

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

CSM codex doesn't have it either

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

why do you post about pedophilia so much

TechHater
TechHater

any day now

JunkTop
JunkTop

(question mark)

Attached: 1459135769871.jpg (162 KB, 540x720)

Illusionz
Illusionz

but i hope that they will change cover. like giving a minus to hit or something.
I think there are enough minuses to hit as is. +1 to armor saves is as good a way to do it as any and powerful than -1 to hit. Cover should be important but not to the extent where huddling up in shelter is the premium tactic.

and yes, I would also like that 6s are always succesful hits.

I'd definitely like to see this though

Supergrass
Supergrass

kek, poor aussies have to deal with so much shit

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Closet pedophile, clearly.

Just leave him be, the feds will get him some day.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Anyone got any guesses on how the Hellions are going to fit into the new Dark Eldar codex, since they aren't part of the three main factions of the codex?

I've always wanted to do a gang led by some spoiled rich kid trueborn who became a pro skater just to piss of his parents.

Lunatick
Lunatick

I saw someone mention that the Iridium Armour upgrade doesn't take up a support sytem slot for Tau Commanders. Is that bullshit, or can someone point me to where it specifies that to be the case?

Attached: TauEmpireCommander.jpg (41 KB, 600x620)

Booteefool
Booteefool

Right (and man its frustrating when that happens!) which is why having these streamlined rules makes it easier to avoid a situation like that IMO. Especially considering the guys I watch on youtube play ALOT compared the average person, if people regularly casting games fuck up rules every game the average player is fucking up FAR more.

I mean does anyone really miss having like 5 different special rule interactions on every fucking move like during 7th?

I do miss certain elements of 3rd edition like not being able to measure at all times, guess range weapons, blast templates etc. but im sure they'll come back around again at some point lol as the game changes and ebbs and flows over time.

Honestly Warhammer40k is best enjoyed as a fun tabletop wargame RP game not as "muh balanced super serious WAAC ultra meta wombo combo" game

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

sublime

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Here's 50 golden coins for your effort

Attached: [Chyuu]-Nanatsu-no-Taizai---Imashime-no-Fukkatsu---09-[720p][A7DB1F3F].mkv-snapshot-18.16-[2018.03.2 (1.21 MB, 1280x720)

happy_sad
happy_sad

Hellions are deffo part of Wych Cults my archon.

cum2soon
cum2soon

Its not a piece of wargear, its just a variant to the crisis armor.

likme
likme

where is he gone?

Techpill
Techpill

It's not a relic and it's in support systems, but it doesn't say it takes up a systems slot.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

fair opinion. Its just that I usually play squishier armies so in 7th I was already hopping from cover to cover. I just had the feeling that cover in 8th is not so relevant and rather difficult to achieve. Also I think cover rules for vehicles are kinda wonkey since they also have to be "fully in cover" afaik.

Emberburn
Emberburn

They are refering to ordinary Crisis Suits, where it is count as a support system.

Commanders take it as a base upgrade, and unrelated to the support systems.

Emberfire
Emberfire

They have to be at least 50% obscured.

WebTool
WebTool

My understanding was that they are street gangs, rather than part of the wych cults

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

The text just says you can upgrade to it, no mention of using a slot or did a support system.

Remember it only is possible for the Crisis commander, not the Enforcer or Coldstar.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

They are, but Cults have the best drugs and so they'll ally together for mutual benefit: drugs for some added muscle.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

high prices and nids, thats all we ever get

Hellions seem to now be part of the Wych Cults, at least for Keyword purposes. Which is okay really, its not a huge stretch to have them in an arrangement with the local Cult in exchange for drugs and thrills.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

It does not count as a support system because it is not listed as one it is a separate optional upgrade

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

really? I imagined that vehicles were pretty much never getting cover in 8th but I haven played in 7 months. gonna have a look at the rules again.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Don't listen to these idiots. The update clearly said independent factions like Hellions are still independent. We just have to wait and see how they'll interact with the other factions.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

I think they also have to be touching whatever object they're claiming cover from or at least partially on it's base.

Booteefool
Booteefool

like not being able to measure at all times
This is possibly the worst thing about miniature games. Nothing puts me off more.
Ive only played an edition of WHFB where this was a rule. And is was only a rule because some factions had artillary where you needed to guess the range.
Terrible

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

To answer to everyone. My screen didn't get wrecked I just couldn't kill his sanguinary guard and death company before he just curb stomped my vehicles because thunder hammer 3 damage each hit and lol no save in melee. I had pretty bad luck with dices too.

Ynnari is much more viable than DE right now so for winning purpose I changed my list. I also love their mini but didn't really read their lore. I'll go back to DE once the codex is out but it was really suffering to lose every single game in my campaign until now.

girlDog
girlDog

Nah Reavers, Hellions, and Beastmasters fall under Wych Cults. Basically if it comes with combat drugs its part of Wych Cults although maybe things will change, this is how its been previously though.

Incubi and Scourges should fall under Kabal IMO.

Only Mandrakes should be a true "other", just my 2cents

cum2soon
cum2soon

Arent Incubi labled as "other"?

iluvmen
iluvmen

Plague Marine Champion: $21.25
I just want that helmet nurgling

god damnit.

likme
likme

To me not being able to measure distances adds to the whole fog of war feel. Having to make judgement calls that you hope your troops will be able to fulfill. I understand not everyone likes it though.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Incubi and Scourges should fall under Kabal IMO.

Nah, I think they should both stick as independents, especially as they're both played up in the fluff as being outside the normal Kabal rules.

I do hope they get some special stratagems of their own to make up for a lack of Obsession bonuses though

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

So does everyone else. ;_;

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

who is the chinaman

Firespawn
Firespawn

FW resins I definitely go chinaman, but plastic ones I just buy GW stuff.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Calling it now, incubi will get the double attack strategem.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Why couldn't you kill Sanginary Guard? Your army has access to ridiculous amounts of AP-4 D3D and D6D weaponry. Blasters, blaster pistols, dark lances and disintegrators all absolutely fuck my termies with storm shields. Learn to use your damn army.

TechHater
TechHater

So did I like last month.
Wait until you assault the battle sister base for some true bullshit. Made me turn that game off.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Yeah, I was just saying IMO they "should" be under Kabal because thats who hires them and thats who they work for, Not really seen anything in the lore about them doing work for Covens or Wyches. Scourges are just modified DE kabalites and Incubi should share whatever "obsessions" their employers demand

Whatever comes out i'm cool with though, can't wait for preorder the special edition codex WEW!

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

but chinaman sells it separately for like $3-5

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

blasters and disintegrators should shred those, and once they drop down to kill your screens you should be able to outrange and whittle them down

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Couldn't give a fuck where it is, sexualised images of children are wrong anywhere.

It doesn't fit in with 40k either, not in the slightest.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Rulebook FAQ says
Infantry units that are entirely on or within a ruin receive the benefit of cover. Other units that are entirely on or within a ruin only receive the benefit of cover if at least 50% of every model is obscured from the point of view of the shooting model."

So I guess just being behind a building, even when touching it, wont cut to give a tank cover, would it?

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Please stop giving him more (you)s

5mileys
5mileys

No, you have to be on the terrain base as well. My group just house rules it as only requiring 50% obscurity though.

cum2soon
cum2soon

why are you so into sexualising pictures here

massdebater
massdebater

Not unless the bounds of the ruin stick out to under where your tank is.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

So I'm not big into primaris, what regular units work well with the raven guard infiltrate thingy? Devastators?

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

So I see Veeky Forums is not really anonymous and also likes to facilitate pedophiles...

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

You mean yourself? This projecting is not healthy. You should get help.

DeathDog
DeathDog

I would like to have that house rule being an official rule.

I see, so its enough if just a part of my tank is on the "base" of the cover?

JunkTop
JunkTop

Vets or Centurions maybe?

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Failed every single dice throw man.

Booteefool
Booteefool

Also he succeeded his saves throw.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Assult cents maybe?

King_Martha
King_Martha

From memory in one of the early 8e FAQs they changed area terrain to require you to be 'wholly within' the terrain to claim the bonus. For tanks, you have to be wholly within the terrain, AND obscured by 50% to claim the bonus.

Spamalot
Spamalot

Also fuck you sanguinary guards have 4++.

farquit
farquit

Tanks and other heavy vehicles just don’t do cover this edition. You basically need an entire apartment block to get that +1, and that really limits your options for shooting.

That said, some psykers and the Tau Sept can do it by granting a +1 save.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

That's just a statistical outlier. You can't reverse bad luck with a better list. You play more, and your stats will even out. Either that, or burn your possessed dice.

5mileys
5mileys

Do we have updated 8th edition rules for Corsairs, and how do they look now?

askme
askme

It did even out with my Ynnari list. Got pure luck by doing 9 mortal wound on 3 psy power.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Incubi and Scourges are also, Scourges are more of "Mafia of the sky" that you can pay for secrets and assassinations, and Incubi are payed evil samurais lol

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Are dark angels still just worse marines than regular space marines in 8th?

SniperWish
SniperWish

total beginner 1k list here. simple yet effective?

tempestor prime
tempestor prime

10 scions w/ 4 plasma guns

vulture w/ gatling
vulture w/ gatling

994 points

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

They absolutely don't.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

I lose entire squads of 3++ terminators to disintegrators. My Stealth Suits and Commanders die horrifically to blasters and dark lances. Volume of fire and target priority is your answer. Don't shoot at vehicles with your high AP high damage weapons if there are more immediate infantry threats. By all means, use your splinter fire first, but don't shoot at vehicles until you've wiped out the infantry threats.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Tacticals with a heavy weapon and Devestators with 3 heavy weapons supported by Captains and Luitenants. You should take Heavy bolters for infantry and Lascannons for tanks. That’ll have you hitting wounding 60% of the time regardless of target. Plus this setup gives you 3 battalions easy.

But tacticals suck!
Yea, if they’re unsupported and in the open. But give you each MSU squad a heavy weapon, Park his ass next to rerolls and in cover, and give him a -1 to hit, andsuddenly you got 100-odd T4 Sv2+ -1 BS soldiers!

That’s a bunch of 13 Point infantry that need AT weapons to kill effectively hitting across the board with 36” range.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

you fags always post your minis, but how many of you have nice tables to show off?

Nojokur
Nojokur

Bring in a command squad with melta and youre gold.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Harder to fap to
Good.

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

I found this:
Q: When determining whether a model benefits from cover, does the model’s entire unit need to be fully on or within terrain, or just the model making a particular saving throw?
A: All of the models in a unit need to be at least partially on or within terrain if any of the models are to receive the +1 bonus to their saving throw.

Wouldnt that mean, that the tank, which is his own unit, doenst need to be fully in cover but only a bit, as long as he is 50% obscured?
sorry, if I`m too dumb to get this straight.

Spamalot
Spamalot

will do. thanks user

viagrandad
viagrandad

Looks good to me but this guy is right too

cum2soon
cum2soon

Did you find that in the main rulebook or in the Chapter Approved/FAQs? You need to check the updates.

w8t4u
w8t4u

Haven't played with/against them, but they sound alright. A bit one note, but plasma spam is a pretty good note.

Attached: 1520174818939.jpg (170 KB, 900x1200)

askme
askme

afaik, if you want a leman russ or whatever to get a cover save, it has to be entirely within a ruins or other type of terrain feature, AS WELL as being 50% obscured or whatever % it is

Inmate
Inmate

Youre right.
The other guy mixxed up infantry and tanks.
A unit of infanry must have all models touch the ruin in order to claim the bous. Thus the unit has to be wholly within. One guy of 30 standing outside and you get no bobus.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Melta guns are a trap, after accounting for the extra shots on a 6 in the under 12' range bracket a plasma gun will do more damage to a tank than a melta, for less points.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Well maybe I don't recall correctly but I remember then to have an invulnerable save.

Also I know how to play my list. But my LFGS forbids the use of more than 2 of the same unit in campaign. So I don't get trueborn spam or scourge spam as much as I'd like. Also usually when I bring my ravager, it ends quickly by exploding or simply getting destroyed. I usually fail my shots with it.

Do any of you actually play DE or you just theory craft in your basement waiting for the codex?

Methshot
Methshot

You take saves one at a time so that man standing outside dies first then the rest get the bonus.

Flameblow
Flameblow

I ordered the Moon Base and a bunch of cheap terrain like the metal boxes the other night, hopefully they'll look nice on my kitchen bench.

Attached: 99220199067-MoonBaseKlaisus01.jpg (78 KB, 920x950)

RavySnake
RavySnake

With a risk of killing yourself.
But orders fix that.
Then you need a vox or not deepstrike(which is kind of the point of command squads). Making the unit 3 plasma v 4 melta.

StonedTime
StonedTime

So you're happy that animu Lilly is easier to fap to?

Attached: 1503192292419.jpg (110 KB, 1167x900)

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

But my LFGS forbids the use of more than 2 of the same unit in campaign
What fucking point level is that, 400?

You will literally have no choices in any realistic game if you are forced to take 1 of each unit. All armies will look exactly the same aa soon as our reach a certain point limit by enforcing this kind of shit.

A lot of armies will also be unable to field more than 3 troop choices at most.

This is so mindnimbingly retarded I cannot express it properly in words.

TechHater
TechHater

that would be in the designers commentary FAQ from november 2017.

whc-cdn.games-workshop.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/warhammer_40000_designers_commentary_en-1.pdf

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Forgot to say troops are exception to the rule. But yeah it's pretty damn stupid.

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

For a start, the commander can deep strike as well. But also, just take the fucking losses, those 4 T3 guys were dying next turn in anyway, if they wipe themselves you get a buffing character shooting a pistol at your squads instead of a frag grenade at the command squad.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

The solution is simple, don't play stupid LGS houserules that are clearly designed to cripple certain armies. Play the game as it was intended, there is nothing we can suggest to you that will alleviate dumb bullshit like this.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

That at least makes it *somewhat* reasonable. But holy shit man.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Orks are restricted to 30 boyz and 30 grotz
Oh.. oh no.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

sounds like you're bad and you're just making up excuses dude, from WOW I ROLL BAD DICE to UHH ACTUALLY IT'S MY FLGS FAULT cmon, why are you just insulting everyone as well when they're giving you advice or at least trying to help
god you're such a fucking cunt. please stop playing DE, you're gonna make the rest of them think that we're all as spergy as you

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

I think most of us play DE without retarded restrictions.

Every other player keeps telling you what they do to deal with the situation and you keep either making up excuses or blaming the dice, stop asking already

MPmaster
MPmaster

I know this is bullshit. Imagine trying to field 1250 or 1500 points of harlequins.

5mileys
5mileys

I'm not asking advices anymore. I know if I could just spam dark lances scourges or trueborn I'll be fine. But whatever man.

Methshot
Methshot

So I play Tau and I don't want to spam FWs. I have a Farsight army.

My idea was taking a Battalion with 3 Squads of 10 Fire warriors with markerlights, a Fireblade, a Commander of some kind, and then 3 crisis suits.

Add a few drones, ensure to have drone controller in each unit, and equip them all with... Something.

This is where I hit a dead end. I used to have 1 squad with Burst Cannons, 1 with Plasma, and 2 squads of solo suits with melta, but that is no longer possible. I feel a squad of 3 with melta is insanely overkill, and mixing weapons rarely work well for me.

What do I pick now? How do I not fuck up my gear load out?
Inb4 FWs are better
I know, but I am trying to make the most of my suits here.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Then why ask in the first place? You never gave any indication of there being restrictions, how was anybody supposed to help you? You're acting like a pathological liar who can't stop making up excuses for their own failings.

Firespawn
Firespawn

Alright lads, put togther a 2k mephit list using the new necron dex:

Necrons 2klist , mephrit 1995
[Batallion]
10 warriors 120
20 warriors 240
10 blasters immortals 170

Overlord, res orb, warsythe 130
Cryptek, chonometer, Staff of light 95
Destroyer lord, warsythe, phylatracy [Voidreaper] 131

4 destroyers 200
5 wraiths 275

[Heavy support detachment]
Cryptek, cloak, staff of light [voltaic staff] 85
3 Heavy destroyers 171
Anahilation barge, gauss cannon 153
C'tan shard 225

Idea would be everything fast sticks together to get 4+ RP, and to deliver the D.lord and the shard into CC, whilst the warriors deal with DS and back feild objectives. Immortals are in there for any TEQ stuff

Any feedback?

WebTool
WebTool

Firstly, what points level are you playing at and what models do you own? Give me a list and I'll see what I can cook up.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

less than 100 warriors

StonedTime
StonedTime

I play at Warhammer World and only know of 1 other pure Dark Eldar player than myself. To be fair though I rarely see any kind of Eldar, Just Marines, Guard and Chaos. From what I can tell, there are a few lurker Dark Eldar players here, we don't have a great deal to moan about that's relevant so we aren't really the centre of attention.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

What is this, Index 'o clock?

TechHater
TechHater

I'm not asking advices anymore
Good, your passive aggressiveness has gotten old

JunkTop
JunkTop

I'm not. I'm not asking advices now. Last time I did explain this restriction and everyone here laughed at me. So I figured I'd just change for Ynnari which is easier to win with. If you take My first post here I was just pointing that I was probably the only one truly playing DE here index vs codex because no one is discussing their battles with DE.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Index o'clock didn't have the ignore morale warlord, the 5++ cryptek and the reroll reanimation for all squads stood near a boat.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Also you're truly just a bunch of theory crafter that do not play DE on table because you know you'd lose without codex. That's fine but don't act surprised when one actual DE player get serially rekt by WAAC BA player.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

So this may be a dumb question, but what happens if a model has an attacks value but no weapon? For example, a Vexilla with a Storm Shield but no Misercordia. Do they get their listed number of attacks or do they get none?

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Have you tried reading the rules?

viagrandad
viagrandad

All models are considered to have a generic melee weapon that hits at their S with no AP, its in one of the FAQs I think.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Firstly, my enclaves homie...

For crisis, I usually run the following (with fairly decent results)
3 suits with 2 flamers and ATS each (or 3 flamers depending on opponent)
2 suits with 2 CIB and ATS each
1 suit with 2 fusion and drone control

Drop them in close with homing beacons, use the drop zone clear Strat. You should be pleased with the results.

takes2long
takes2long

Nope. Easier to ask you.

See?

massdebater
massdebater

Ha! Pure gold

iluvmen
iluvmen

BBC did a video about Games Workshop
bbc.com/news/av/uk-england-london-43518477/games-workshop-the-empire-that-began-in-a-west-london-flat

Inmate
Inmate

This is answered in the free core rules.
Hint: in the close combat section.

likme
likme

Next you'll be telling us that [your thing] is better than Skub!

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

putting a backdrop on the table edges
this looks cool as hell. has anyone tried it, and is it cumbersome for playing?

Attached: Screen-Shot-2018-03-28-at-21.32.09.png (1.51 MB, 1437x715)

Methshot
Methshot

why are you responding to your own fucking post to continue just insulting people for no reason?
how autistic are you really? you lose with the index and you're going to lose with the codex, not because you're not playing Ynnari, but because you're a fucking baddie.
you realise how autistic it is to say "no one plays x" right?

Snarelure
Snarelure

Did they Make Priestly black in this one?

Emberburn
Emberburn

That tree is stupid.

Emberfire
Emberfire

I assume this is 2 units?

I thought flamers were subpar after losing the template. Might have to try that. Wait, ATS? As in, advanced targeting systems? On a flamer?

Evilember
Evilember

i've only ever seen it on the tabletop tactics youtube, but it's pretty cool lookin. never done it myself so can't comment on if it's cumbersome. I imagine if you have ample room around the table, it's not that bad.

RavySnake
RavySnake

Okay. So you explained a restriction once, in another thread at another time and expected everyone to just know that you were the same DE player who posted earlier that they never saw. Then you make an attention whore effort saying that you're the only 'true DE player' here because you're playing them. But then you say that all your problems were fixed by switching to Ynnari, which means you're not even a DE player at that point. Then you say that it's not actually anything wrong with you, it's your dice rolls, which nobody can help with. Then you mention that there's retarded unit restriction in place at your LGS which apparently you can't do anything about either.
So you've just decided to come in here and give incomplete information while asking you advice, shooting down any advice you are given, and then whinging about being called out on it. You've wasted everyone's time on something you know damn well how to fix, which is by not playing with retarded restrictions.

DeathDog
DeathDog

takedown notice after he put up a patreon on the website. full retard

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

ATS? As in, advanced targeting systems? On a flamer?
Not sniping the cracks in their armour with your superior precision flame throwers
T'au master race coming through.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

the sad thing is you're going to keep losing even with a Codex

Attached: imagesc.jpg (17 KB, 237x213)

whereismyname
whereismyname

that put a smile on my face. thanks for sharing.

Illusionz
Illusionz

Why are you so whiny? As a pure deldar player you're embarrassing me, especially at this time of jubilation and conviviality.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

It looks annoying as hell to navigate around.
Though I guess it would be helpful to stop dice rolling off the edges and would look nice in a battle report.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Looks nice, but I can't think of many times it'd be practical for your average game. Its really more of a set piece thing.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

He's been posting about this for a couple of weeks now, each time he either ignores advice and questions or adds a new reason why it wont work (m-muh dice)

He's either retarded or just baiting, possible both

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Is it me or are these threads quite busy these days? I started at the launch of 8th edition and it felt busy then, even more so now.

farquit
farquit

remember hes a yanari player and not of the dark kin

happy_sad
happy_sad

It did have 5++ teks. I just really really like waiths and destroyers , what can i say

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

1 enclaves crisis deathstar unit dude. Remember everything can spilt fire now (gotta make full use of homing beacons, enclaves reroll 1s to wound within 6").

Flamers are kind of meh, but 6D6 auto hits at -1AP is nothing to dismiss. Two reasons I use this:
1- mitigates BS 4+
2- makes charging them slightly scarier (SLIGHTLY)

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

You can only use one stratagem of the same kind once per phase, so for the Dropzone Clear strat you want as big a unit as possible to benefit from the +1 to hit. I'd drop the flamers from that unit though because they don't roll to hit, and so are wasting the +1 to hit bonus. If you're going to use flamers bring a separate unit of them and only bring weapons that roll to hit in the large squad. CIBs are the most optimal weapon choice for crisis teams right now.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Exactly.
laughs in precision flamers

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

I feel like we've gotten a lot stuff happening lately with the Codexes, Forgebane, Adepticon, etc, maybe thats it

Skullbone
Skullbone

You can only use one stratagem of the same kind once per phase
This reminded me, I was meaning to ask. What about stratagems when you're not in a phase (eg deployment)? Can you use stratagems freely? For example, the new DE cloudstrike one.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

yep

RumChicken
RumChicken

Power Klaw or Kill Saw?

Attached: f73576be2d62fd3fc170ed9a4b92cb17.png (1.71 MB, 1280x1659)

eGremlin
eGremlin

Rate my list lads. Tau Sept for +1 to wound strat giving mortal wounds from the railguns, and ridiculous amounts of overwatch fire. Also so I can use Darkstrider, because he is the MVP for that delicious fall back and shoot he gives the Fire Warriors.

Attached: Tau-2kpts-Codex.png (43 KB, 561x872)

Nojokur
Nojokur

Woops, the Patherfinders should be 48pts each. It is accounted for in the total points value, though.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

I'm a Killsaw man, but D3 damage irritates me.

Supergrass
Supergrass

do you really play vostroyan? show me pics of your army(penis)

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

That seems like a contradictory statement, killsaws are flat 2 damage.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Kill saw: the reliable damage and the extra attack are far better than a poncy twinshoota

Methnerd
Methnerd

No, thats why I choose Killsaws over Klaws; I'm biased against Klaws

Firespawn
Firespawn

If you drybrush dark elder just kill yourself. Learn to edge highlight, it looks like trash

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

I want to run my power armour boys with a kombi skorcha and either saw or kale, not sure which is best?

Nice gatekeeping, prick.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

post your boys

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

think they look great.

Illusionz
Illusionz

If you [verb] [your dudes] just kys. It looks like [adjective] [pejorative]

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Gatekeeping
Go back to r*ddit safespace

Lunatick
Lunatick

post your minis

Soft_member
Soft_member

Look at this fag.

girlDog
girlDog

You cant have a saw and a ranged wepon: its either two saws OR a klaw+gun. Skorchs arent great due to short range, on an already overpriced frame, but tihs is orks so lol w/e

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

He complains about gatekeeping
off with you reddit fag

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Whoah, I am literally about to do the same thing, let me know how it goes.

massdebater
massdebater

Not even the same person. Nice try faggot.

likme
likme

Bet you buy prepainted minis fag

hairygrape
hairygrape

Will do user; when it all arrives I might take some pictures with it all set up and an army or two on it

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

For t'''''''''''au, -1s to hit make their markerlights almost never hit, with drones and pathfinder getting at best 5+ to hit, and often times getting 6+ to hit because the horror is the most underrated power in the 'dex, once that's done, just snipe out any markerlights and either outgunline him with superior Kronos hive guard and exocrine shooting, or bum rush him with superior kraken genestealer melee combat

For eldar, fuck with him with some kronos rippers and spore mines so you can get that sweet sweet 1 die psychic power strategem, and use flyrants to kill off his powerhouse units like dark reapers because fuck you I wound on twos

Methshot
Methshot

You're still a bio 'o fag for defending it

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Oh that's annoying, guess I'll go for klaw then

Skullbone
Skullbone

still waiting on those minis user

WebTool
WebTool

Why did you feel the need to reply to a comment twice?

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Attached: fuck-off-to-reddit.jpg (16 KB, 412x97)

TechHater
TechHater

I'm at work, so no pics for you. also
you need to be miceal angelo to recognize shit
get out with that dumbass view

my god, more than one person finds me obnoixus?! this cant be, everyone loves me, he must be double posting!

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

replied 40 seconds later

Attached: really-makes-you-think4.png (26 KB, 160x160)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Fuck off same fag.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

I mix and match. 3 klaws, 2 saws, give a good melee punch whislt retaining some ranged ablity

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

I'm at work, so no pics for you.

haha, okay user, whatever you say

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

You are the cancer killing /40kg/

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Getting baited this hard.
Arent you people supposed to be in school?

Soft_member
Soft_member

I guess if your table is against the wall you could put some backdrop there, otherwise it looks like a pain to move around

girlDog
girlDog

Truly, you are pathetic

Cant handle criticism can you. pretty funny

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

I think we're all just killing time until the new thread now

happy_sad
happy_sad

I was just pretending to be retard

askme
askme

Cant handle criticism can you.
Who's criticizing me? I'm just a passerby who wants to see how your models hold up in comparison

idontknow
idontknow

Welp, like i said, cant post pics at work

likme
likme

I'm workin on a kill team table set in an ad mech train depot. Hopefully it'll be done by the time kill team is released.

hairygrape
hairygrape

I wish.

Attached: really-makes-you-think15.jpg (10 KB, 600x600)

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Is this by hand, or is there an army builder somewhere providing this output? The online one I use hasn't incorporated the codex yet.

Methnerd
Methnerd

That many hammerheads and no Longstrike
Are you even trying?

Emberfire
Emberfire

be me
500 point game with little brother
me Tau, let him borrow some Alpha Legion
shooting army
bs 5+
Literally the most annoying thing fucking ever. Fuck

Flameblow
Flameblow

Longstrike is lock to T'''''''''''''''''''''''''ow sept

SniperWish
SniperWish

LOL, people calling others fags for painting in the way they like, only a real fag does that "you cant play with your toys that way fag".. hmm ok

SO funny, keep it up XD

RumChicken
RumChicken

No worries, I'm sure the next thread will be up by the time you finish, you can post some then

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

The ye old if you don't like what I said you can't handle criticism meme

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Your Pathfinder teams should be bringing Pulse Accelerator Drones, with that level of Pulse Dakka on the table.

Illusionz
Illusionz

is either baiting or retarded
End of thread shitposting is weakest shitposting

Supergrass
Supergrass

Microsoft Word, like a caveman

Longstrike is a 200pt fire magnet with no defense. Every time I field him he's blown off the board in one turn. Markerlights can give his +1 to hit to the other two Hammerheads, while the Coldstar can put out more damage and take some of the fire that's chucked at it with shield drones manta-striking after he moves.

Soft_member
Soft_member

y-you used the word g-gatekeep you cant s-say that here
g-go away to plebbit

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Ah, so deathstar drop. Hmm, not bad, but a bit risky if I can't clean out the area around the unit.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Ha i...i got you! i was only pretendng to be retarded!
I thought it was a borka-borka list becuase they all have been so far

idontknow
idontknow

Hit on 5+
Not having 4-5 Fireblades with BS2+
What kind of Tau players are you playing against? Oh wait. You don't play, do you?

hairygrape
hairygrape

That would be cool, I'm feeling obligated to provide terrain after rekindling the plastic crack addiction in my two old gaming buddies.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

new

Methshot
Methshot

He's running T'''''oe Sept (see Darkstrider)

True, but +2 to hit for Longstrike AND ML is nice. Remember that Longstrike also gets +1 to wound vs tanks and monsters, so you get +1 for him, +1 for Strat giving you mortal wounds on 4+ vs tanks and monsters (3+ if you make him warlord and give the hunter trait, not that I ever would).

TreeEater
TreeEater

PAD drones are easy first blood and extra kill points in certain missions. They're easy to target so my opponents always shoot them first. I have other ways of extending the range of my Fire Warrior fuckery.

Deploy with Coldstar within 6" of every FW unit
Declare Mont'ka
Advance most Fire Warrior units to within 15" on turn one
blow the fuck out of front line infantry
?????
profit

Attached: 1492637922899.gif (14 KB, 120x120)

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

leave the bait here

Firespawn
Firespawn

That's what the flamers are for desu

DeathDog
DeathDog

Fair enough...

I was only pretending to correct you, so we're all good

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

wins

TreeEater
TreeEater

Have you tried protecting him with a Crisis Bodyguard unit? I'm pretty unclear on whether or not they can still take Stimulant Injectors as a Support System, using the Index rules, but I believe they can, for the same reason SM Dreads can still take double autocannons. I'm also very unclear on whether or not you can keep moving the hit if you have shield drones nearby, but assuming you can, that could make for some seriously durable bubble wrap.

TechHater
TechHater

That's also a hell of a lot of points to put into protecting one unit. You're looking at 150 without weapons.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Are you the guy with the kabal of the dark heart army?

takes2long
takes2long

DUDE, I was at that tournament! I got paired with him Round 5, and I was monumentally pissed! You should have seen his "Elysians", he just chopped off the ends of cadian lasguns, and airbrushed some OSL on the tip for the "Plasma". Fuck that guy.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

warhammer-community.com/2018/03/28/codex-drukhari-preview-haemonculus-covensgw-homepage-post-3/

massdebater
massdebater

What a fag

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit