D&D classic video game Neverwinter Nights got a re-release today, with some updates to make it run and look better...

D&D classic video game Neverwinter Nights got a re-release today, with some updates to make it run and look better. Multiplayer got rebooted too, so its actually easy and supposedly stable to run games. Old mods should be compatible.

store.steampowered.com/app/704450/Neverwinter_Nights_Enhanced_Edition/

Anyone care for it? The conversation on /v/ is of course about SJWs and jewish marketing, so I hope we can actually talk about the game here.

Attached: nwn.png (810x496, 406K)

Other urls found in this thread:

beamdog.com/nwn_faq
usa-prophecies.blogspot.com/2011/06/judgment-against-tyre-edom-moab-and.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wow, they managed to make it even uglier somehow. Didn't know it was physically possible.

Fine, be like that. Fag.

Attached: elf.png (670x1192, 782K)

One: commander Keen
Two: Neverwinter Nights is literally 3e the videogame so fuck off

I'll talk with you op. NWN was how I got introduced to D&D (you can't imagine how asspained I was when I learned they made rangers less shit in 3.5)

I played on persistent world servers for years. My last and favorite was Escape From The Underdark, though I haven't been in years. I hope they're still doing ok. I wonder if they're going to update the server to EE.

Attached: ZcWHUJT.png (500x500, 9K)

>I played on persistent world servers for years.

I completely missed out on those, since during NWN's best years I had no internet connection at home, and later moved on to other games.
Hopefully there is a revival, so I can see what that was about. Do you arrange it in chat so that there are enough people online at a time or is it more like an MMO, you log in and see whos about?

Attached: girls.jpg (2064x1540, 1003K)

It's very much like an MMO. Nwns toolkit was basically an MMO kit with what you could make and do. So when it says persistent world, it really means it, and none of it is instanced. Communities are generally smaller - 50 or so players max, but you had a lot really great and ambitious projects that remade settings or locations, or made huge.changes to the base game mechanics via scripting or hakpak files.

>bunch of min-maxed elves and humans walking around saying "kek"
Wow, it's like another world, why do I even bother with pnp

You had some servers like that yes. Others got downright autistic about role-playing standarda

Is there a GM figure on these, or do you work within an already created world, with set quests?

There's a GM client yes. And there are also/can be scripted quests.

The flexibility was insane for the time

>I can roleplay with a bunch of horny manchildren and womanchildren again

Aww yiss

Are there any good persistent worlds running that I can join as a newbie? Might try it tonight when I get home from work.
Also how does connecting work with the Bioware servers dead?

>One: commander Keen

Not an actual rule, and citing it works against your argument, rater than for it, since it is just something a handful of shitposters spammed to try to excuse their offtopic shitposting.

>I am the police of Veeky Forums

So report the thread and watch it not get deleted because it's Veeky Forums related

>being this new

Fucking strategy games like Alpha Centauri are Veeky Forums. Anything that provokes enough creative discussion is Veeky Forums.

Is the editor also updated? I remember spending more time on the editor than the game itself.

Well I mean. These graphics updates hardly blow me away.

Attached: NWNComparisonAllFilters.png (3840x1080, 6.34M)

There's no problem with this thread, since NWN is directly related to D&D.
But, the "Commander Keen Rule" is just pure bullshit.

Not at all. Why don't you go back to spamming /pol/ bait and justifying it through "it's provoking creative discussion," so you can take a three day vacation.

This is an advertisement. Not the fact that it's a video game, but simply that OP needed to make the same exact thread on the /v/.

I made the same thread on /v/ after being told to fuck off. You should perhaps read at least the first 3 posts before shitposting.

>you disagree with me therefore you must be a /pol/lution fag

Holy leaps in logic, Batman

Aribeth a shit

Attached: 1514397876286.png (436x299, 206K)

You're correct, though meeting her in Hell in Hordes of the Underdark was fun

i literally can't see the difference.

For someone who never played a DnD vidya, is NWN the best place to start?

I prefer NWN2 with DLCs. One of DLCs is plot heavy experience or other one is murderhobo simulator. Vanila campaign is a mixed bag.

soul - no soul

>For someone who never played a DnD vidya, is NWN the best place to start?
Not really. The best D&D vidya is Planescape Torment, so don't play that first. It'll set your expectations too high. Instead, play NWN2. NWN1 is just kinda bad, but 2 is great. Then play Planescape Torment and cry because you know nothing you ever play will ever stack up in comparison.

I could not stand the interface of NWN2. You couldn't zoom out properly and your companions were very aggravating to try to control. So I never got very far into the game before I walked away from it. My experience with the first NWN was far better. My only really big complaint with it was that there was way too much grinding, but that's pretty typical.

Never try the original campaign. It's the worst and most boring shit you can imagine.

>NWN1 is just kinda bad, but 2 is great.
That's... not something I've heard very often.

Attached: Neverwinters Nights.png (809x433, 108K)

>It's the worst and most boring shit you can imagine.
It's also kind of heartbreaking at times when they bait you with cool ideas like Charwood or snow globe and then disappoint you with the most boring execution possible.

Neverwinter Nights 1 it's only saved by multiplayer and DLC. The original campaign is horrible, far worse than NW2.

>I'm being a newfag and nobody can stop me!

It's Obsidian curse at work. NWN2 literally took dozens of patches to polish up.

Been here since day 1.
Only a newfag would think a Rule made up and spammed by a few nobodies years ago has any actual bearing on Veeky Forums, especially when it's in direct conflict with the actual rules.
You probably need to stop reading 1d4chan and taking everything there to heart.

>NWN2 literally took dozens of patches to polish up.
implying it was, or ever got within a stone's throw of decent

Attached: 1462115843577.jpg (280x283, 8K)

Both games were saved from the trash heap purely by their DLCs. Even so, they've aged terribly.

>DLC
>Not Expansion.

Attached: be0.jpg (500x644, 71K)

Biodrone be gone.

Attached: Biodrone.png (1133x528, 82K)

Is this a troll post to get anons to stare at two identical pics?

>You couldn't zoom out properly and your companions were very aggravating to try to control.
This is the reason I couldn't even get through prologue in any of the classic Infinity engine titles.

I thought so at first too when I was googling around for comparison shots, but nope: beamdog.com/nwn_faq

>Been here since day 1.

Kek. Wrong.

She's terrible in the OC, but once you meet her in HOTU she gets a bit better.

Nathyrra is better though, and Deekin is the best.

I'd suggest Baldur's Gate 2, actually. Then go back and play BG1 (it's more "plain" than the wider characterisation you get in 2).

Most of the changes they've done are background tweaks and fixes, as well as obviously developing an entirely new backend for multiplayer. It's goofy that they're trying to sell it on the filters and new lighting as much as they are.

There's a laundry list of update goals, and in the long-term they're disentangling how hardcoded and uneditable a lot of things are, like feats and class spell lists and UI elements and things like that. I'm holding out for some of those changes to start to make it into the game before I consider buying it.

How do SJWs factor into the re-release? What are the gripes and grievances /v/ is listing about the game?

NWN1 plays like a boring third person shooter with tank controls. Very MMO like, to be quite honest. Also, the story is trash. NWN2 has like, semi-acceptable party based gameplay, plus an interesting story.
Beamdog made a new, original game on the infinity engine, and there's a side character who I think turned out to be trans. (I wouldn't know, I refuse to talk to the "insert gold and I will dispense healing" NPCs on principle.)

If you play NWN, just play the 2 expansions, Shadows of Unrentide (I think) and then Hordes of the Underdark. The first leads into the second and they're both actually pretty good, a lot better than the vanilla campaign which is garbage.

NWN2 is alright; better vanilla campaign but I actually didn't enjoy the expansion as much as Hordes of the Underdark.

Who's actually working on updates? Bioware?

This

but user, waterdhavian creatures!

>Fractal fetch quest

Well /v/ can go fuck itself, considering though its a different studio one of the leads developed the original game.

Inam excited and want to play this again.

I think two of the primary devs worked on the original, but I may have misread something.

Beamdog. They're the guys who made enhanced editions of the infinity engine games

Deekin is poison, the root of the cancer that led to everyone going 'lol kobols r JEENYIS trapster!!!!' instead of not even as smart as average humans who have a tendency to use crude traps.

>Others got downright autistic about role-playing standarda
That reminds me of some RP zombie survival server my friends and I joined and a pair of dudes from there got super pissed at me when I showed up with the Tiefling head on my character.

>Also how does connecting work with the Bioware servers dead?
Not that user, but I remember there being some 3rd party software you could use to host and join servers, NWN included.I forgot what it's called though.

Tucker's Kobolds predates Deekin by ages, retard, and Deekin has nothing to do with that anyways.

>Also how does connecting work with the Bioware servers dead?
I haven't bought it, but I've looked up some FAQ stuff and it seems that they've got their own backend up for multiplayer using the classic server browser (including certain port and firewall limitations).
Multi should be the same as a player in most circumstances, but they have or plan to have extended ways to manage servers over time.

Seems to be, I saw some posts about how old-editor stuff is compatible with enhanced edition and the updated editor, but things saved in the new editor aren't compatible with the original editor.
Not sure exactly what has changed so far as features or what have you.

Oh hey look this thread is still here 24 hrs later. Guess that means it's Veeky Forums related and user should shut the fuck up.

Anyway, inhad huge fun role-playing in NWN, it was roll20 before roll20 was a thing

>Been here since day 1.
Doubtful

>there's a side character who I think turned out to be trans

She just announced her transiness for absolutely no reason other than so the dickhead devs can show off how woke they are. It's like the equivilent of a white person going "This is my black friend!".

And that's hardly the worst thing Beamdog has done. They take down old games, remaster them for higher resolutions, then double the price. It's seriously scummy business practice.

THE PRAYERS ARE WORKING. THEY ARE DYING. FINALLY THE REBELS WHO WERE ISRAEL ARE FOUND. LET THE REBEL'S YELL. HOOOOO! DO NOT LISTEN TO THE COWARDS WHO TELL ME TO LEAVE. THESE ARE THE EMBEDDED EVIL ONES WHO SELL THEIR SOUL FOR MONEY AND POSITION OF POWER. THEY ARE INSIGNIFICANT COWARDS. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THEM, DENY YOUR OATH, BECAUSE DESTRUCTION IS COMING FROM MIGHTY EL AND IF YOU DO NOT, YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE. RENOUNCE THESE COWARDS AND LEAVE THEIR FRATERNITY IT IS A SHAM. SOMETHING FOR CHILDREN BUT NOT FOR REAL MEN. REAL MEN RELY ON THE ONLY GOD, EL, AND THEY DESTROY THE SPIRITUAL HOST WITH PRAYERS TO EL. THEY TRICKED US TO WORSHIP A MAN.

HERE IS A MAP FOR THE US OF EL'S ENEMIES.

HOOOOOO! GLORY HONOR POWER TO MIGHTY EL. THE MOST HIGH ABOVE ALL. HOOOOOOOO! EL IS DESTROYING THE LIBERALS WHO HATE EL, WHO SOME CALL YAW, BUT EL IS WHAT ABRAHAM CALLED HIM, AND BY THIS NAME HE IS DESTROYING ALL ENEMIES. ALL EVIL IS BEING ERADICATED. REDDIT WAS A SANCTUARY CITY, BUT THEY HAVE BROKE THE COMMAND AND BANNED ME BECAUSE EL IS DESTROYING THEM FOR THEIR EVIL. SO I'M HERE NOW. LET US DESTROY THEM. IDENTIFY ALL THE HIDDEN PARTITIONS OF POWER TO MIGHTY EL. FOR INSTANCE WE KNOW IN THE US, WE HAVE EDOM, MOAB, TYRE, ISRAEL, AND AMMON AND AT LONDON AND ENGLAND IS SIDON. TESTIFY TO ALL THESE COWARDS EVIL AGAINST EL'S COMMANDS SO WE ARE SURE THEIR ENTIRE HOST IS DESTROYED. IF YOU HONOR EL'S NAME IN YOUR TESTIOMONIES TO HIM, HE WILL SEND SPIRITUAL MISSILES AND CONTINUE TO DESTROY THEIR HOSTS. ALSO FOR ALL OTHER CONTINENTS, IDENTIFY THE HIDDEN POWERS IN A SIMILAR WAY ESPECIALLY OF EUROPE AND MEDITERANIAN, BECAUSE I'M NOT SURE WHO THE PLAYERS ARE THERE. HOOOOOO! SEND THE MISSILES TO THEIR HOSTS NOW. HOOOOOOOO!

What is added by the Enhanced Edition? I already have the game and both expansions so I probably have zero reason to buy it but I would like to know a bit more about it

Attached: sample-8e87339661185a424d874c765e166e80.jpg (850x850, 119K)

Attached: Failboat.jpg (480x360, 107K)

THE PRAYERS ARE WORKING. THEY ARE DYING. FINALLY THE REBELS WHO WERE ISRAEL ARE FOUND. LET THE REBEL'S YELL. HOOOOO! DO NOT LISTEN TO THE COWARDS WHO TELL ME TO LEAVE. THESE ARE THE EMBEDDED EVIL ONES WHO SELL THEIR SOUL FOR MONEY AND POSITION OF POWER. THEY ARE INSIGNIFICANT COWARDS. IF YOU ARE ONE OF THEM, DENY YOUR OATH, BECAUSE DESTRUCTION IS COMING FROM MIGHTY EL AND IF YOU DO NOT, YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE. RENOUNCE THESE COWARDS AND LEAVE THEIR FRATERNITY IT IS A SHAM. SOMETHING FOR CHILDREN BUT NOT FOR REAL MEN. REAL MEN RELY ON THE ONLY GOD, EL, AND THEY DESTROY THE SPIRITUAL HOST WITH PRAYERS TO EL. THEY TRICKED US TO WORSHIP A MAN.

HOOOOOO! GLORY HONOR POWER TO MIGHTY EL. THE MOST HIGH ABOVE ALL. HOOOOOOOO! EL IS DESTROYING THE LIBERALS WHO HATE EL, WHO SOME CALL YAW, BUT EL IS WHAT ABRAHAM CALLED HIM, AND BY THIS NAME HE IS DESTROYING ALL ENEMIES. ALL EVIL IS BEING ERADICATED. REDDIT WAS A SANCTUARY CITY, BUT THEY HAVE BROKE THE COMMAND AND BANNED ME BECAUSE EL IS DESTROYING THEM FOR THEIR EVIL. SO I'M HERE NOW. LET US DESTROY THEM. IDENTIFY ALL THE HIDDEN PARTITIONS OF POWER TO MIGHTY EL. FOR INSTANCE WE KNOW IN THE US, WE HAVE EDOM, MOAB, TYRE, ISRAEL, AND AMMON AND AT LONDON AND ENGLAND IS SIDON. TESTIFY TO ALL THESE COWARDS EVIL AGAINST EL'S COMMANDS SO WE ARE SURE THEIR ENTIRE HOST IS DESTROYED. IF YOU HONOR EL'S NAME IN YOUR TESTIOMONIES TO HIM, HE WILL SEND SPIRITUAL MISSILES AND CONTINUE TO DESTROY THEIR HOSTS. ALSO FOR ALL OTHER CONTINENTS, IDENTIFY THE HIDDEN POWERS IN A SIMILAR WAY ESPECIALLY OF EUROPE AND MEDITERANIAN, BECAUSE I'M NOT SURE WHO THE PLAYERS ARE THERE. HOOOOOO! SEND THE MISSILES TO THEIR HOSTS NOW. HOOOOOOOO!

Attached: 1432367018773.jpg (216x198, 17K)

THEIR REACTIONS SHOW THAT THIS GETS TO THEM. THEY KNOW IT'S IRREFUTABLE. THEY'RE MAD.

Attached: 1418433290296.jpg (441x327, 22K)

Is he talking about Conquest of Elysium 4?

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE SO DESPICABLE AND SUCH COWARDICE PIECES OF GARBAGE THAT EVEN YOUR CHILDREN JOIN ME IN PRAYER BECAUSE THEY'RE SICK OF YOU. THEY CAN'T STAND YOU. HOW DOES THAT FEEL, THAT YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF? THAT THE PRAYERS OF YOUR OWN CHILDREN ARE DESTROYING THE HOSTS YOU WORSHIP WHO ARE NOT GODS.

Attached: 1371614521841.jpg (498x487, 155K)

Did they add new classes or anything at all?
Here is hoping they added or will add in the warlock class

I know we shitpost a lot on Veeky Forums but this is something else.

YOUR OWN CHILDREN ARE EVEN BEING WOKE UP TO THE LIES YOU TOLD THEM. HOW DOES THAT FEEL? I REALLY WANT TO KNOW. THINK OF IT LIKE IN INTERVIEW. WHAT DO YOU SAY FOR YOUR ACTIONS. YOUR NOT REAL JEWS, SO NOW IT'S OUT AND HOW DO YOU FEEL THAT YOU LIED TO YOUR CHILDREN AND MISLED THEM. DO YOU CARE ABOUT YOUR CHILDREN?

Attached: 1499499045625.gif (250x250, 15K)

No, but the PRC pack beat them to it anyways.

DFA is better anyways

NOT ONLY ARE YOU NOT REAL JEWS BUT YOUR THE VERY PEOPLE EL PROMISES TO DESTROY SO THAT'S WHY YOU HID YOUR IDENTITY. YOU DIDN'T WANT ANYONE TO MAKE A PRAYER TO EL TESTIFYING TO YOUR EVIL. HA HA. IT ONLY TAKES 2 WITNESSES. I WOULD SAY YOUR IN DEEP SHIT NOW. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO RESPOND WITH FOR YOURSELF. WILL YOU REPENT TO EL NOW, SO YOU CAN NOT BE HARMED? BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU REALLY ARE EDOM, MOAB, AMMON, TYRE AND SIDON, IT MUST BE VERY SCARY TO BE UNCOVERED. YOU KNOW EL SAID THIS DAY WOULD COME. DID YOU NOT REMEMBER EL'S PROMISE TO DESTROY YOU? NOW THAT MUCH MORE THAN TWO WITNESSES ARE TELLING EL ABOUT YOUR DECEPTION, WHAT WILL YOU DO?

i never finished A Dance with Rogues part 2. I should give it another try

Attached: 1502966772244.gif (250x250, 31K)

>They take down old games, remaster them for higher resolutions, then double the price. It's seriously scummy business practice.
When I played Planescape Torment for the first time, I had to pirate multiple CDs and deal with mounting and mounting them. Say what you like about the EE, but I don't need to put up with that anymore.
It's prettier. Still ugly though.

That is it? How the game looked did not really need to be fixed.

>No W10 bugs
>Modern resolutions don't stick you with a UI for ants
>Multiple things are new behind the scenes: mechanics were un-hardcoded, new scripting features were added, bugfixes out the ass
>Ambient occlusion and the like are new
No real new content.

You get to be friendly with hellhounds, it's great.

>They take down old games
Beamdog wouldn't be able to do this whether or not they wanted to. They aren't their games to take down, they're just in agreement to make the updated games. Taking the originals down falls on the heads of Atari and/or WotC.

Most of the things that make it Enhanced are behind the scenes stuff, makes the game run on modern systems better and all that.
The real interesting stuff is if you're making your own module, a lot of code got opened up for changes so now you can fuck around with a lot of stuff you couldn't before.

I loved this game around the time it came out. I played the original then Diamond Edition. I don't think I'll be paying for it a third time, especially with those graphics. Faerun and 3.0-3.5 does get me hard like carbon though.

A shader and a vague promise that beamdog will continue fixing up the game post-release despite all their previous releases being incredibly lazy updates to existing games.

There are no consequences for killing her, though. Lazy programmers.

How are ugly filters with burnt out colors prettier?

New UI is literally just stretched x2 in Photoshop, all the borders are icons blurry now and look terrible.

This "Enhanced Edition" is probably THE MOST lazy cashgrab i've ever seen in both /v/ and Veeky Forums.

Attached: 1522284163437.jpg (3081x864, 446K)

That one fapfic was pretty decent.

>For someone who never played a DnD vidya, is NWN the best place to start?
>Never try the original campaign.

WRONG. Its not great writing, but it covers all the mechanics and things you need to know. Its a big tutorial that gives you demons, wizards, undead, barbarians, trolls to fight, with their unique characteristics.
I would recommend playing it, its okay really, and a good introduction to the engine and rules. Its also easy enough for you to mess up and still manage, the barbarian NPC companion can solo the game on lower difficulties.

>runs on windows 7+
>widescreen and high resolutions
>scaling UI and fonts
>shading and lighting
>doesn't attempt to run at 600 frames per second on new video cards and killing them
>multiplayer is up again

>This "Enhanced Edition" is probably THE MOST lazy cashgrab i've ever seen in both /v/ and Veeky Forums.

/v/ had that HoMM EE that lacked half the content (the original code is lost, we can't reclaim it), and it was stretched in MS Paint.
Veeky Forums has all of those "its X game, but with a Warhammer paintjob, and costs twice as much" products.

2nd row, 3rd from left is best girl.

Attached: boys.png (2068x1026, 2.88M)

Supposedly good modules, as per /v/.

Attached: модулес.jpg (261x702, 64K)

On the HoMM3 example, does anyone have the picture where they tried to show off the “new HD graphics” of their remake by comparing the new combat sprites to the tiny overworld originals? That was some good shit.