This counts as rape

Spamalot
Spamalot

This counts as rape.

Attached: love-potion.jpg (124 KB, 2000x1333)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25762915/

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Of course it does. Next statement?

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Only if you slip it to someone secretly.

5mileys
5mileys

How else would you use it? If someone is willing to quaff it, you don't actually need it.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

what if you're part of an arranged marriage but your betrothed finds you detestable. She's perfectly willing to go through with the marriage but knows that it will be an unhappy and unfulfilling relationship. In order to ease the experience (and prevent possible bastards and infidelity) you offer her the potion and she willingly takes it as a marital aid.

WebTool
WebTool

you and your girlfriend are starting to drift apart. The spark in your relationship is fading and you find you don't share each others' interests anymore
but neither of you really wants to break up
so you try some love potion to get that spark back

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Fuck you my heart is dead and I need as much pure, concentrated juice as possible to get it going again.
So gimme the love potion.
And that terror potion.
And that boner potion, if it is a different potion than the love potion.
And you know what, give me some of that childhood whimsy too if you got it.

Nojokur
Nojokur

Agreed, I actually X-carded this on my last session. As a progressive, and taking away female NPCs agency disgusts me

Attached: VcMyBpv57yc.jpg (24 KB, 400x462)

Illusionz
Illusionz

You think people wouldn't be up for willingly overriding their tastes to fall in love with a partner who's a perfect choice but that they just aren't into? It would be extremely common if it were an option. You can settle and be happy.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

what if you're part of an arranged marriage but your betrothed finds you detestable. She's perfectly willing to go through with the marriage but knows that it will be an unhappy and unfulfilling relationship. In order to ease the experience (and prevent possible bastards and infidelity) you offer her the potion and she willingly takes it as a marital aid.
Somebody on Veeky Forums a year or two ago floated the suggestion for a political marriage where both parties voluntarily drank love potions.

farquit
farquit

It's not violence if there's love

Thus, not rape

Attached: i-run-this-shit.jpg (178 KB, 492x500)

Skullbone
Skullbone

all these unhappy political marriages
Meanwhile, in the only political marriage I've ever played through, it was quite happy, with both participants seeming pretty willing.

massdebater
massdebater

Rape is about lack of consent or ability to consent. It is a form of violence but does not require force. Love or not, bucko.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Somebody on Veeky Forums a year or two ago floated the suggestion for a political marriage where both parties voluntarily drank love potions.

And then someone tries to destabilize the realm by slipping an antidote to one or both.

eGremlin
eGremlin

But does this?

Attached: potion.jpg (7 KB, 251x249)

JunkTop
JunkTop

If your partner loves you, they're much more likely to consent. So it could be rape but it probably isn't.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Love
Terror
Boner
Childhood whimsy
Hello puberty my old friend

Methshot
Methshot

If your partner is in a stupor they are also much more likely to consent. The point is that forcing someone to drink it is tantamount to date rape.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

one or both people are really shy but want it to work
decide to use a love potion to get over than initial bump

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

A love potion is way worse than rape actually, because it changes the victim's mind and very soul. Rape is just unapproved borrowing of their genitals, that's almost like a childish prank in comparison to the everlasting damage of the potion. You basically murder the person if you slip them a love potion, you erase their very consciousness.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

ywn be chained to the wall in the yandere princess's chambers while she forces love potion down your throat

Attached: 1521799294117.gif (123 KB, 346x339)

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Sounds like a really slippery slope, to me. I don't like that kind of drift in moral dilemmas. Either it is rape or it isn't.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

he thinks love is eternal
I wish I saved more images of laughing assholes for instances like this.

Bidwell
Bidwell

Oh my...

Attached: 1521983070597.jpg (67 KB, 1280x720)

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

If you consider date rape to be rape than forcing or tricking someone to drink a love potion is rape.

TechHater
TechHater

I have a few to loan you.

Attached: laughingwhores2.gif (1.79 MB, 500x281)

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Attached: laughingwhores.gif (994 KB, 500x281)

iluvmen
iluvmen

What if you trick them into drinking it then never actually do anything with them, leaving them longing for you with unrequited love?

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

They both drank it willingly in the first place. They'll just do it again.
The fact that they did it in the first place means that they're semicompetent leaders who realize that a warring ruling family isn't going to be good for anyone.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Rape of the psyche and/or soul is still rape.

eGremlin
eGremlin

I am actually almost certain it is in fact a different crime, as rape refers to a specific activity.
Like how murder, manslaughter, and criminal negligence are all very different crimes with similar results and very different punishment schemes.

Supergrass
Supergrass

It's not. What I don't tell my customers is that I mix every bottle of Love Potion with half of this. They just need to believe it's working to finally work up the courage to reveal their true feelings.

Attached: 1522259608784.jpg (229 KB, 2000x1333)

cum2soon
cum2soon

This counts as rape.

Attached: index.jpg (4 KB, 275x183)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Love and hate are already like 95% the same thing, user.
All you're doing is making it more effective.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Realm explodes with revenge fucks/hate sex

RavySnake
RavySnake

What does this count as?

Attached: 9095d920784d829228a90ce4fdbfeeb9.jpg (866 KB, 1680x1260)

Supergrass
Supergrass

Wow, you go all out. I just give my customers some water with food coloring in it and tell them it's slow acting and needs to be reinforced with efforts to impress their hearts desire to have a lasting effect.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

not entirely condensed yet.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Raping the poor imp scylla loli story never

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

That's super fucking depressing.

Attached: 1462495854733.png (40 KB, 374x159)

Emberburn
Emberburn

Not really. Love fades, people wear.
A love potion would be a magnificent fix to the broken hormonal love cycle that humans got going on.
Well, assuming you want to stay with monogamous societies. Humanity just doesn't work well with those, un-doped.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

There is one scenario i can think of where it doesn't
society where arranged marriages are common and accepted
of course this leads to a lot of unhappy marriages
becomes commonplace that both people in the arrange marriage consent to taking love potions on their wedding day out of respect to their cultural traditions
This can lead to quests about a group of anti-arranged marriage activists trying to destroy the supply of love potions or something

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Tsundere potion.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Rape
an act or instance of robbing or despoiling or carrying away a person by force
an outrageous violation
Either could be used to define rape of the soul or psyche. Mind control of any kind regardless of how the victim is used would be rape and if a love potion is permanent then that would make it worse.

WebTool
WebTool

user, no using classical greek definitions.
We're in the modern day and we're talking about the importance of correctly identifying and punishing similar but distinct crimes.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Most people these days use the medical or legal definition these days, but those are valid (though slightly dated) definitions so you are technically correct.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

100% right op 100%

hairygrape
hairygrape

You're describing infatuation not love. Love is rare but infatuation is everywhere.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Correct, but it's not really a big deal.

Evilember
Evilember

he's a romantic
laughing_anime_bitches.jpg

girlDog
girlDog

Assuming we're talking fantasy setting its apt for the "time period".

likme
likme

No. Literally he's describing almost verbatim what infatuation is.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

An affront to all that is sacred

DeathDog
DeathDog

I didn't realize we were supposed to be discussing this in character using period language.

ZeroReborn
ZeroReborn

The only difference between the two is whether you stick around out of obligation and friendship. Any actual love juice you got going on there is dead before long.

eGremlin
eGremlin

I actually X-carded

Drink bleach you retard

whereismyname
whereismyname

I remember something similar in the legend of Tristan

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

he cannot identify the false men posted for cackles on the peruvian mirror complex
Lool

MPmaster
MPmaster

I mean, most love potions in fiction are straight up about infatuation rather than any deep commitment.

the potion gets less effective over time
you both end up quaffing a dose of the stuff every time you get back from work

Soft_member
Soft_member

Go back to /pol/

w8t4u
w8t4u

A love potion? Sure, right here. It's a steal at $10.
But just so you know: our perfectly undetectable poison is $1,000. Just sayin.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

laughing at romantics now gets you sent to /pol/
that's a new one.

Methshot
Methshot

I was merely pretending to be retarded!

RumChicken
RumChicken

no, HE was pretending to be retarded.
That's what I'm telling you here.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

I'm pretty sure you weren't pretending.

JunkTop
JunkTop

user, by definition if it goes away it was infatuation not love. Love sticks which is why it's rare.

Nojokur
Nojokur

Great! I'll buy 10 love potions!

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

They used to pass that shit around like it was candy at Hogwarts

5mileys
5mileys

Is that not how this whole deal works? What use would there be holding and comparing a non-modern setting to our modern time?

hairygrape
hairygrape

the friendship sticks, sure, but what you are describing as love is literally just infatuation into friendship.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Depends on the kind of love potion it is. If it's the one you give to the person then yes, but if it's the kind you drink yourself and it makes them fall for you then no.

TreeEater
TreeEater

Yes, they always do shit like that.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

This is new levels of autism

DeathDog
DeathDog

If that's it it would probably fall under a lesser rape charge. Probably 3rd degree or one of the rarer 4th or 5th degrees.
It would have to depend if sneaking it into their food or drink counts as "forcible" as that can cover everything from basic non-physical coercion to actual physical force.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Yeah, all the monogamous human societies are really shitholes, huh? An man, on the non monogamous ones turned into really great civilizations where everyone wants to live.

Wait...

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

oh, I wasn't saying that it was a bad society to live in, just that humans have trouble actually making it happen.

Any time you reduce the rules enforcing marriages be permanent throughout history, breakups and divorces skyrocket.

It's just naturally quite difficult for people to pair bond like that without extreme outside influence pressuring them to. Humanity just doesn't seem to work well with them.

Emberfire
Emberfire

See

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

No, it only counts as rape if they actively attempt to stop you from giving it to them. Once they drink it, they consent, thus making it not rape.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

user we now know what parts of the brain light up when "love" happens compared to what could be described as "infatuation" we just need a better map of it all to prove using proper data points and a little more time for the long term study to be considered valid as the corroborating studies aren't entirely finished yet.
Different areas of the brain light up for both though "love" initially also contains all the areas "infatuation" uses as well though eventually it drops those but not the chemical dumps.
I know it bursts your /r9k/ style world view but it's true.

Booteefool
Booteefool

Using non-modern meanings in these conversations is a bitch because the meaning of various words have had almost many connotations as there has been periods and cultural regions. If we don't use modern language how are people supposed to keep on the same page unless we explicitly name a period and place? Even then not every one would be familiar with the particular nuances of that established reference point. Trying to use period language is even more pointless because people wouldn't even be having the same discussion half the time.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

coolio

MPmaster
MPmaster

Yea I'm certain that one dudes random Comment on the internet proves that anyone who thinks romance is gay is a nazi

farquit
farquit

Is this a song?

Are you a disney villain?!

Attached: forbidden-lust.jpg (117 KB, 573x853)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Wait, hang on, how do you know that if you give someone a love potion, that it is you that they would fall in love with? What if they fall in love with someone else?

Also, just out of curiosity, there wouldn't happen to be a love potion powerful enough to turn a girl into a yandere, would there?

Attached: tenor.gif (2.3 MB, 498x278)

Skullbone
Skullbone

I'd moida someone for that.

Attached: 1498745044702.png (77 KB, 771x686)

TechHater
TechHater

The user is an idiot, but for different reasons. Humans are monogamous creatures who have irrecoverabily assigned love with being the sole requirement for marriage. Blame poets in the 19th century.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

user, your entire brain is chemical dumps.
When the infatuation is gone, the good juice is gone. All you have left is the friendship.
Which perfectly fits with the model you have presented.
You have effectively agreed with the point I was making this entire time but did not notice because you were too busy insisting I was someone unreasonable from another board.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Those are years of your life you can't get back.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

I just cut the difference by using our older laws and definitions as I did earlier.
an outrageous violation
an act or instance of robbing or despoiling or carrying away a person by force
Are fairly old and not to far departed compared to our more recent highly specialized but vague enough definitions of it.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Divorce statistics are high due to two things: dumb, uneducated people, and those who have already divorced once and acquired a taste. Like man-eaters, only... Not so literal.

The rate of divorce among first-time college educated couples is around 15-20%.

Techpill
Techpill

I don't see how that really changes the point any?

Methshot
Methshot

Surprising, why do you think it's the case?

Firespawn
Firespawn

So the guy speaking up in favor of monogamy as being a bedrock of civilization with vague /pol/ flavoring is proof that the people shitting on the idea of love altogether are also /pol/?

Who the hell isnt /pol/ then?

SniperWish
SniperWish

You have very different chemical dumps in the social presence of friends when compared to those you are sexually attracted to or those you have an "infatuation" or those you "love". Just like you have different chemical dumps for stress or sadness or anger.
Assuming they're all the same just because these happen is retarded as hell.

WebTool
WebTool

Why don't we see more love potions for the other kinds of love?

Attached: fourloves.png (7 KB, 579x330)

RumChicken
RumChicken

oh, because they went through extensive social conditioning.
Hence the more educated they are, and further from "base human" levels, the less likely they are to divorce.

Supergrass
Supergrass

I am 100% certain you can produce absolutely no articles on the brain chemicals you get from long term relationships with fuckbuddies vs "actual love".
Which means that I have to kill you before you can publish the paper and publish my own.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

/pol/acks don't believe in love and dislike women but still want a loveless, controled marriage to make children because muh civilization.

w8t4u
w8t4u

No, it is not a song.
No, but it is sort of my childhood dream to be one, some day.

iluvmen
iluvmen

Yes and to be fair I did say you were technically right, but you have to whip out and explain the older definition you were using after some one started disagreeing with you because you didn't state that you were using the older, less common definition to start with.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

I'd have to find it again but there's a better correlation between the increasing numbers of previous sexual partners of the female and increased divorce rates than the same for males or for numbers of previous divorce rates for either.

Techpill
Techpill

Alright.
"First, the 'stimulant'... and then the 'chaser'."

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

I don't believe in love, quite like women, and would like to have a passionate relationship with one that alternates between vigorous fucking, stable family time, betrayal, rebuilding, climactic battle, and vigorous fucking.

Evilember
Evilember

Eros is still one most normal people most often to produce even when they have the others.

King_Martha
King_Martha

You're 100% false.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/25762915/

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

"Mr. user Shackelforth. Age: youthful twenties. Occupation: being in love. Not just in love, but madly, passionately, illogically, miserably, all-consumingly in love - with a young woman named FemAnon, who has a vague recollection of his face and even less than a passing interest. In a moment, you'll see a switch, because Mr. user Shackelforth, the young gentleman so much in love, will take a short but very meaningful journey into The Twilight Zone."

massdebater
massdebater

Cool oh I should have probably asked this earlier, can these thing interfere with each other? See I plan to use two potion apiece on three people, myself and these two girls, to get a stable reciprocating threeway love triangle.

Skullbone
Skullbone

True enough. I may have jumped the gun but as said earlier it really doesn't work comparing a non-modern setting/time to a modern setting/time on laws, morals, and ideology. There's a large dissonance on a lot of subjects if done that way and this is apparently one of them.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Bloodthirster of Khorne

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

While a technically legitimate use of 'false' a more conventional phasing would have used 'wrong'.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

This counts as bait

Spamalot
Spamalot

So you take away your players agency.

iluvmen
iluvmen

not true or correct
incorrect
Same difference.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

True, but games rarely deal with the realities of the periods they emulate. The feel and scenery of it are typically the important parts. Injecting more modern concepts and standards is not uncommon, as long as they aren't so glaringly out of place they break willing suspension of disbelief. I many more "realistic" situations if people decried love potions as rape they general in universe response could very well be "who cares?"

w8t4u
w8t4u

/pol/acks don't believe in love and dislike women
the absolute state of anti-/pol/
next thing they'll eat babies too and rape women casually

Techpill
Techpill

More or less than 1 vial will do nothing, and it won't work on yourself. Nothing mystical, just the stress and anticipation when consciously drinking it nullifies how it works. The drinker must be in a clear and calm mental state to work.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Abilities cancel out
Don't both function
Great job you created a dysfunctional love/hate relationship.

takes2long
takes2long

Why the fuck do retards get so defensive when people mentions that long term monogamous relationships rarely last?

massdebater
massdebater

So just a normal a relation?
I'll show myself out.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Damn it. Well I guess I can just use these to fuck with some peoples live atleast. I was going to do that with the other 4 any way.

King_Martha
King_Martha

unless, once cured, they actually realize they are far bitter than they expected to be

wait, I married this fat fucking sow who only had 2 kids and spends HOW MUCH ON FUCKING CLOTHES???

Snarelure
Snarelure

Any long-lasting enchantment spell is worse than rape and [evil], whether Charm Person, Dominate or the infamous Mind Rape. Something like Command is OK because its highly limited in scope.

Free will and agency need to be respected.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Pft, your just one of those sore losers who couldn't master the art of the Thrallherd aren't you?

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Attached: 1503807046619.png (82 KB, 390x273)

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

thats like skipping a step in the DENNIS system

Emberfire
Emberfire

Mind control is practically violence and permanent mind warping is practically murder, but I'm not sure I'm convinced those are worse to do to bad guys than actual violence and murder.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

But this spell is [Good] right? Right?!
Sanctify the Wicked
Necromancy [Good]
Level: Sanctified 9
Components: V, S, F, Sacrifice
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One evil creature
Duration: See text
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes
This spell tears the foul, corrupted soul
from the body of an evil creature and
traps it in a diamond receptacle (the
spell’s focus). The creature’s soulless
body instantly withers or molders into
dust.
Trapped in the gem, the evil soul
undergoes a gradual transformation. The
soul reflects on past evils and slowly
finds within itself a spark of goodness.
Over time, this spark grows into a burn-
ing fire. After one year, the trapped crea-
ture’s soul adopts the alignment of the
spell’s caster (lawful good, chaotic good,
or neutral good). Once the soul’s peni-
tence is complete, shattering the dia-
mond reforms the creature’s original
body, returns the creature’s soul to it, and
transforms the whole into a sanctified
creature (see Chapter 8: Monsters).
If the diamond is shattered before
the soul has found penitence, the evil
creature’s body and soul are fully re-
stored; the creature’s state is just as it was
before the spell was cast. The creature
retains the memory of having been
trapped in the gem, and it regards the
spell’s caster as a hated enemy who must
be destroyed at all costs.
The diamond receptacle has a hard-
ness of 20 and 1 hit point.
Focus: A flawless diamond worth no
less than 10,000 gp.
Sacrifice: 1 character level.

whereismyname
whereismyname

Who is saying its worse? Violence of any kind is evil when not in self-defense. And yes, violently disbanding a goblin settlement that has been raiding the nearby village is self-defense.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Rape isn't real.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Evil people don't count, fuck 'em. Throw them all to rot in prison or save their souls by force, being soft on evil is [evil]

Firespawn
Firespawn

75% of first-time marriages last till death

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

You do so.
Suddenly, 2 people (or more, if you messed up) are calling at all hours. "user! Can you come over? I need to see you." "user! You're not going over to HER's, are you? I thought we agreed it would be OUR day!"
Months go by.
You can't go out in public without at least one of them bolted to your arm. Your single friends stop hanging out - they're all sick of the girl's endless "lovey-dovey" actions. Your married friends stop hanging out - they don't actually say it, you you can see it in their eyes, "Couldn't be satisfied with just one, huh?"
They insist on moving in, but each want you to themselves - refuse to live with any of those skanks who SURELY don't feel the same.
Your parents are getting concerned.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Wearing a breastplate in a medieval battle reduces your chances of dying horribly.

Attached: breastplate.png (1.69 MB, 1399x1800)

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

What if the target is clinically depressed and has a wizard give them the magic equivalent of a permanent anti-depressant?

iluvmen
iluvmen

The post I was responding to seemed to imply that brain-blasting the goblins into not being able to want to raid the village instead of doing something more constructive anymore is more [evil] than just killing them.

Snarelure
Snarelure

The statistics that say 50% of all marriages fail are heavily watered down by assholes who have 4 divorces and 6 marriages over the course of their life. If you fuck it up once, maybe try talking about guns less and listening to your spouse.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

I actually X-carded this
I X-card your existence a person. Please solve this problem by removing yourself from life.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Hi

Attached: latest.png (221 KB, 400x436)

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

Just killing is also [evil] unless they attack first. If a peaceful solution can be reached, it has to be attempted.

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Pft, I never said I was going to be the one administering the potions. Or be any where around when they were used.

SniperWish
SniperWish

I can't remember the name of the poem, but didn't they call it "glove cleaner" in there?

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Okay, explain this in layman's terms please.
From what I get, there's brain chemicals for platonic friends, general fucking, and long term romantic attraction.
Is that basically what it's saying?

JunkTop
JunkTop

They did indeed.
I figured that, being on the internet, people might not get the reference, and opted for the more obvious statement.
It was "The Chaser" by John Collier, later adapted to a Twilight Zone episode of the same name.

Inmate
Inmate

So, you're spending $60 of your own money to confuse the hell out of some people.
...Why?

For an ass-pull:
You bought it, it's attuned to you.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Attached: sorry-it-was-just-b8.gif (742 KB, 300x169)

Flameblow
Flameblow

Laying the bait a bit thick there, user.

iluvmen
iluvmen

this isn't about long term fuckbuddies vs true romantics at all. You entirely missed the field of research I suggested.
Good.
I still have to kill you though.

Methnerd
Methnerd

And like clockwork, the user proved wrong will never return

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

"Why?" is the question of the weak. Of these with 'morals'. I ask the greater question, "Why not?"

And that ass-pull is fine. That doesn't mean they will know who I am or how to find me unless they stumble across me in person.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

A. I was not proven wrong, he posted an unrelated study to the field I was suggesting
B. I just showed up you shit

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

He doesn't down a love potion and look in the mirror to make going through the day easier.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

It's not rape if we're both screaming.

cum2soon
cum2soon

He provided a study showing that there indeed is a reaction for "love"
You're claiming it's the same as "long term fuckbuddies"
We're waiting for YOUR evidence

Firespawn
Firespawn

your married friends stop hanging out because they got jealous
You'd be surprised how rare that is. Most functional types are just happy you found someone/s to be happy with just like they have. What kills social relationships in married individuals is either kids or one or both refuse to do things without the other.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

we're waiting for your evidence
While I want to believe you, I cannot take that risk. You might scalp my research before I publish.
So I have to kill you.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Yes but each chemical dump is distinctly different from the other and there's others like minor to extreme infatuation AND different areas of the brain light up for each one to though naturally certain areas get used on a lot like the visual cortex or short term memory.
Basically judging by what areas light up and what chemicals and combination of chemicals flood the brain we can determine what state you're in be it platonic friendship or full blown love.

TreeEater
TreeEater

I guess people could argue based on pointless specifics and definitions, but I do consider it a severe form of violation nonetheless.

That being said holy fuck I don't think I'd be able to resist abusing some.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

unrelated
Did you not read the actual paper and subsequent supporting papers or just the header?
It goes in depth in all social areas of emotion be it love or platonic friendship or infatuation or basic lust and all can be distinctly identified even with the variability of individuals.

Snarelure
Snarelure

Attached: rape.jpg (123 KB, 622x790)

Firespawn
Firespawn

only if you get caught
drinks can be spiked. wonder if t can be used in areosol form or can be absorbed through the skin?

Attached: 1897f527105dccacbe7660f03ab791d2.jpg (96 KB, 564x899)

DeathDog
DeathDog

love is a promise and its dedication, it's not butterflies in your stomach. kill the idea modern fiction of love

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

a really dangerous buttplug?

Illusionz
Illusionz

It's an asshole thing to do, but metaphorical rape isn't rape.

farquit
farquit

So theoretically a fuckbuddy is a short dump of minor-extreme infatuation and sexual arousal, but sex with a lover is like infatuation, arousal, and love chemicals?

This raises another question though? How long does one just be a fuckbuddy before they start inducing the "love" chemicals in their partner's brain instead?

likme
likme

Unless we have the credentials, colleagues, test subjects, all consent forms, and all credits due on hand as well which you'd also have to post we wouldn't be able to scalp it.
Go on now, post it.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

I was just pretending to be retarded !
tumblr image
still need to add the reddit spacing there bucko

DeathDog
DeathDog

You'd be able to scalp it by getting those things before I do. That's how it WORKS.
And I will post it, as soon as possible. Just gotta find some romantic couples and fuck buddies, several thousand of each, and run them through the brain scanner regularly for decades.
And fuck if I'm going to let you publish on a shoddier testing plan than that.

viagrandad
viagrandad

It's not that the friends would be jealous, but their having a fawning, obsessing woman on each arm would get really old really fast. Plus the social thing: "Oh, you're not monogamous, huh? Hmm... Well, as long as YOU'RE happy, we GUESS it's fine."

Factoring in the ass-pull, I just don't see the point of dropping $60 on what amounts to nothing.
I'm gonna get a bunch of love potions and distribute them randomly! Then, I'll run away so they'll never find me!
...Why?
Because SCIENCE, that's why! Now shut up, Steve, and help me with this barrel!

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

Gentlemen, a time of great progress has come to Veeky Forums yes thank you hail the science.

Attached: science.jpg (42 KB, 500x333)

SniperWish
SniperWish

Now take, for example, the Morgana, a race from Agone. They have several emotional manipulation powers, but their primary ability, and the one they are most well known for, is the ability to force others to fall in love with them (of course this also forces the Morgana to fall in love with their target). This isnt a spell, its just a contested CHArisma vs WILlpower test (Morgana have stupid high CHA bonuses, and the highest racial bonus to WIL is only a quarter of the Morgana's CHA bonus. Also a contested attribute roll in the system is Attribute x2 + 1D10 highest wins. Morgana CHA ranges from 10-17, wilpower ranges from 1 - 14).
Morgana are the race of uncomfortable things...

There is, however, one kind of love potion in Agone, in the form of a liquid that must be shared between the lips of a wedding kiss, and the reason people use it is not just because it causes the two to fall inextricably and permanently in love, but because its the only way to inoculate one's self from the powers of a Morgana.

Attached: Murmure-the-Morgana.jpg (327 KB, 730x950)

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

It's not metaphorical though. It yields a distinct physical state change in the subject that is done forcibly.
For the first bit yes and no. I'd have to have every single scan photo and related chemical analysis but let's say love has a distinctly different brain state compared to just sexual attraction but both yield similar chemical dumps and areas stimulated at least during initial exposure or during times of sexual arousal.
Chemicals dumped in certain areas can have very different effects as well and it's more complicated than the previous example as both the areas stimulated by the chemical dumps and the dumps themselves can trigger each other and there's naturally some overlay in them due to related brain states like love having a sexual component and so to could infatuation or basic lust but all 3 could have unique states exclusive to themselves.
As for the second bit every person is variable. They might go from basic lust to infatuation after a very short period of time then over a long course to full love, skip right to love after long stints of basic lust, go from basic lust very quickly to love, just make the climb to infatuation, go from lust to disgust, or not make the transition at all in either direction. It depends entirely on the individual though using the maps being developed you could feasibly, after much testing, guess the likelihood of these scenarios.

Methnerd
Methnerd

Factoring in the ass-pull, I just don't see the point of dropping $60 on what amounts to nothing.
It's like gluing a quarter to the ground.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

has come
/sci/ has never left you. We hold the guard from days of old and keep close the secrets of anal circumference over time against muscle fiber and collagen, giantess bone densities and variable energy requirements, drow vaginal canal capacities and volumes for live spiders in a given area, and the formulae for the material sciences related. We just have extended the period between vigils.
I'd have to get your exact individual everything otherwise my datapoints wouldn't mesh up and I'd have to be able to replicate it if needed which I would need to if you called me out for plagiarism to defend myself and my work.

RumChicken
RumChicken

Again, most people don't care about it all. It's not a "at least YOU'RE happy" its "I'm glad you're happy" with genuine feeling.
Most married couples and most people in general have gruff against such things and couples in general aren't really against other couples being loveydovey some couples are just that way just like some are quiet and conserved what matters is that in ever instance the individuals are happy together just like you and yours are.
It's like a sort of shared camaraderie and brother-in-arms feeling as you can now relate to a better degree what their life is like and vice versa.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

You don't have to get my data points, you can just set up your own brain scanning institute and publish before I do.

StonedTime
StonedTime

I could do that now without your research and having your research wouldn't help or even accelerate it because we'd have entirely different datapoints do to different test subjects, assistants, machines even, and possibly method fine points so I'd have to throw it all out.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Are beyond-mortal charisma scores that will let someone convince normal people of any given belief similarly suspect? Your will is hardly meaningful if someone can throw a 70 at you with negotiate by taking 10. Youre just as much of a puppet even without literal magic ever touching you.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

X-carded
what does this mean?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Given the hard mechanics of the system and the given intent and forethought required I'd say that's a yes.

TechHater
TechHater

It's a PC(Politically Correct) meme.
Instead of being an adult and stating you don't like something happening ingame either a subject, action, word, etc., something that "triggers" you, and talking it out with the other players and DM you just raise this card you have with an X to non-verbally halt what is happening.

Emberfire
Emberfire

dislike women
nah, they just realize women are inferior and don't give them undue respect. and they believe in love - a parent loves a child and an owner loves his dog and friends love each other. But a woman can't love a man in the way people often assume.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Thanks user. Googling "X-carded" didn't get anything but after googling "X-card" i found it

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

As one of rewards for slaying the dragon witch gifted Isolde with a love potion that would make her marriage with king Mark a loving one.
Unfortunately potion gets into the wine that Tristan and Isolde were drinking together and they fall in love, so drama ensures.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

You say it's a meme, but it sounds like something those "people" do

likme
likme

Turns out the alchemist has been giving you water the entire time
Just plain water laced with plain old LSD

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

it worked, didn't it

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

It's a small minority that's not very vocal. They want to make it mandatory at coins and the like but there's no way to enforce it and all it takes is for the dm or party members to say no for it not to be a thing at their table. Its essentially the tabletop equivalent of the Fair Play Alliance for videogames.

likme
likme

If you repeatedly dose someone does the effect stack to the point of them becoming irrationally obsessed or unhinged?

Attached: huh.png (10 KB, 225x225)

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

You say it's a meme, but it sounds like something those "people" do
I think the number of shitposters on Veeky Forums who talk about X-Cards is much higher than the number of people who've ever considered using them.

farquit
farquit

IMC setting any kind of mind influence or magical charm cast upon a person without their express permission is considered a misdemeanor equivalent to assault at the very least, or may be punished as robbery or rape/kidnap depending on what you forced the person to do. It's only permissible as self-defense and then if you do it inside a town or settlement you better hope you have multiple witnesses to corroborate your version of events.

Nojokur
Nojokur

you're fucking retarded, read the paper.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

It's much worse than rape, its a rape of the soul, by mentally forcing someone to enjoy you it may fracture their very inner being, as their subconscious desires force them to act, their ego may be forced on to the sidelines to observe in horror, as their body and mind acts against it's own wishes. I can see only insanity resulting from this potion being used on someone. It makes rohypnol look humane by comparison.
This is why a universe with magic would make me a paranoid mess, as you may never know when you are under a spell made by someone else. In a way the modern propoganda/advertisement systems are like mind control magic. You may not notice the subliminal messages but they affect you and control you.

This is why I don't leave my house much.

Attached: 1495227908956.jpg (119 KB, 537x736)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

It's much worse than rape, its a rape of the soul, by mentally forcing someone to enjoy you it may fracture their very inner being, as their subconscious desires force them to act, their ego may be forced on to the sidelines to observe in horror, as their body and mind acts against it's own wishes.
user please, i can only get so erect

Attached: 1500063565134.jpg (182 KB, 651x708)

JunkTop
JunkTop

Surely if love potions exist there would be counteragents to purchase.
D&D-esque solution: Build or purchase a pedestal that activates Dispel Magic when you step on it, pop on it once a week just to see.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

Attached: 06700E84-B503-4E8E-99B9-9017F7C009AC.jpg (32 KB, 600x338)

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

I don't need no potion to love myself. It happens all on it's own.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

I thought that after being together long enough means you no longer need to continue to woo or put work into the relationship!

I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

Lunatick
Lunatick

Anna.
Shit, now I want to know how a love potion would interact with the faulty brain chemistries of people with different mental illnesses.

Attached: BBEG-Origins.jpg (184 KB, 1052x1134)

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

My fetish

Illusionz
Illusionz

only once a week
I'd hop on that shit every day when I woke up, when I left the house, on my lunch break, when I got home, and before I go to sleep. Every. Day.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Found the philosophical zombie

likme
likme

If its anything like actual love it just makes them worse though you won't notice it at first as they try their damnedest to just act normal and hide their faults so you don't hate them for as long as possible and maybe you'll form a connection strong enough to overcome it before they find out. Then, once they do find out they double down on the crazy to try and keep you someway somehow if only they could just figure it out maybe more sex or never letting them out of your sight or isolating them from others so their entire time awake is with you or to break into their home so you can sneak into bed with them when they're asleep so you could be together forever or even going so far as to drive away literally everybody in their life so only they remain and it's all they have left so maybe they'll just cling to you.
Maybe.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Eros
Regular love potion.
Storge
A potion that gives you friends would sell even better on Veeky Forums than a love potion.
Philios
Stop being a disappointment to your parents and they might start loving you.
Agape
Just an empty bottle that's shoved up your ass.

farquit
farquit

what is an arranged marriage

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

stop describing my gf please

Methnerd
Methnerd

humans are monogamous creatures...
Tell that to the Mormons, the Muslims, etc.
Polygamy/polyandry have both been valid relationship structures throughout history, just not considered "acceptable" in societies based on the Western European model.

Methshot
Methshot

It doesn't
erase their very consciousness.
but it does bump it in a direction they may or may not approve of, and on a larger scale then meds for treating Manic and Manic-Depressive.

I have two friends, one is Manic and the other is Manic-Depressive and afterr knowing them both for years, I've seen them at their best and worst and just their meds can do to them.
I just can't help but wonder how the victim would be changed by it and what the side-effects are.

If Love Potions existed in real life, they would likely fall under similar laws as mood altering medication because that's basically what it is.

5mileys
5mileys

There are a lot of mental illnesses out there, user, each of them with their own unique chemical imbalances. Stop thinking about applying this potion to one person so you can have sex with them, and instead think about administering it en masse to a selection of people with documented mental illnesses and just looking at how the new chemical work around the atypical structure of the diseased mind. If love potions depend on relatively ordinary brain chemistries to function then a chemical imbalance could throw the entire thing out of whack. It could have the intended effect, it could have no effect. It could alleviate the mental illness, it could make it worse. It could even cause an emotional response completely outside the scope of what a love potion is intended to do, like damaging memory or altering religious beliefs. We just don't know all that could happen, but still we want to know more.

Attached: and-knowing-is-half-the-battle.jpg (1.59 MB, 1500x2000)

takes2long
takes2long

Demon Semen Serum

Playboyize
Playboyize

I'm describing the experience of multiple unstable women under the effects of love.
My standing theory is they know they have something broken inside and they react to it by doubling down on the "this is my only chance" harder than your average /r9k/er so when you find out that they take pills to stay stable something just kind of snaps and they truly do feel the need to go full scorched earth or nothing because this is it all or nothing.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Full warning it sounds nice as a fetish until you're living it just don't own pets or have any social life or job or car or home/apartment or personal possessions you have any positive attachment to it's all forfeit once you go down that rabbit hole.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

I wasn't memeing user, my gf is actually like that

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

Run AND get a strict restraining order. Just like a woman with daddy issues and attention issues will always be that way no matter what you do so to will basically any other serious mental illness.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

I'm surprised you don't think of it happening otherwise, with the villain basically roofie'ing female heroines to turn them into absolutely loyal servants.

Just like my Korean NTR mangas! (No, seriously - Read The Legend of Maian. The villain literally does this, and it works.)

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Can anyone tell me reasons to take off a ring?
let me explain
there is this plot that involves a woman who got a magic ring and was told "don't fucking take it off or you will get cursed" and I can't think of a reason for her to do so
Doesn't matter if it involves the woman being a dumbfuck, any idea?

Attached: prutin.png (413 KB, 1000x750)

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

I can't believe some retards fell for this. I don't even think it's bait, just being sarcastic.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

If she's stupid make her cook and tell her food will get caught under the ring making it stink and the ring tarnish so she should take it off prior to the activity.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

that's a good one

Skullbone
Skullbone

I'm not sure I want to know what happens next.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

They have a daughter, and she tries to kill the protagonist several times. She eventually snaps out of it, but the villain's plan - to summon aliens - succeeds.

Everyone dies, and their child is carved up for analysis by the aliens. I'm not joking, this IS the ending.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

It used to wear off after awhile though and was even reversible. It's more a childish prank to spark a relationship. Its a childrens book afterall. The worst that could have happened was some poor soul snogged someone they didn't want to. No more determental Than alcohol in that regard really.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

If she's stupid
the setting is mythological Greece
every myth protagonist is fucking dumb, so this can work

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

I don't know what I expected.

girlDog
girlDog

So rocks/radioactive orbital bombardment falls everyone dies?

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

Not wanting to down a love potion with your girlfriend and have hot, kinky, madly in love sex

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

Maybe you're worried that you're actually incapable of feeling real love, so you chug it as an experiment to work out if you've previously felt whatever feeling it produces or not.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Twist: if the subject is currently experiencing True Love, taking a love potion will turn it into an overpowering feeling of hate.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Hatefucks are best fucks.

takes2long
takes2long

The current obsession with consent is a uniquely 21st century social pathology.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

t. rapist

Supergrass
Supergrass

Good target practice at 100 yards?
filthy demon scum

Techpill
Techpill

Why are you retards so easily baited?

Flameblow
Flameblow

It's a good thing you're a coward and probably have a face like a used catchers mitt so we don't have to worry about you raping a bunch of women

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

The Adam Koebels of the world indeed do these things

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

implying it would be forced
implying she would need one
implying she has trouble getting my romantic attention at all
At this point I don't care if she's a tad crazy. I crave affection and romance, and if she gives that then I'm good.

viagrandad
viagrandad

also fetus deletus

iluvmen
iluvmen

Fuck I love this villian

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

The first response to that post.

TreeEater
TreeEater

perfectly undetectable poison
once the merchant gives it to you, you lose it and it cannot be found no matter what
Surprise, you were buying from a genie.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Love and friendship are explicitly different chemical reactions in the game. You are doing a poor job justifying your beliefs.

StonedTime
StonedTime

Violence of any kind is evil when not in self-defense
Merely a spook.

whereismyname
whereismyname

I don't know if you're a cuck or a reasonable person.
Who the fuck is talking about guns you omega cuck

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

never underestimate just how dumb people are

TechHater
TechHater

Mormons
Muslims
People
Pick one

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

What, is it magic? Establish in a prior session that you have magic ring limit and then give her two new better rings.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Can I get a new bottle of love potion? I broke mine on 34th and Vine.

Snarelure
Snarelure

What if the party who is being given the potion actually wants to love the person giving it, but due to "reason" they are incapable of doing so.

Is it rape then?

5mileys
5mileys

Does it count as rape if I drink it myself so I can finally know what it feels like to love someone?

Attached: 1514840521053.jpg (42 KB, 500x405)

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Only if it says "rape" in "Contents"

Evilember
Evilember

I fail to see the problem.

likme
likme

The kids here nowadays think that anything they don't like that gets posted on this Siamese Finger Trap e-bulletin is bait or posted by an actual retard

Firespawn
Firespawn

It depends on the love potion's effect
Inbibing the potion makes the person fall in love with the first person they see
That's arguably worse than rape.
Inbibing the potion makes the person temporarily fall in love with whoever they see for a few hours, when the effect wears off, the person feels disgust
Pretty much equal to rape if the person who uses the potion makes use of the state of the victim
Inbibing significantly increases affection, sensitivity and sex drive
Depends on how it is used, really
Applying potion to your skin boosts your attractiveness significantly
Completely OK.

Also, mind that the majority of love potion users are evil witches.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

m'lady

Inmate
Inmate

Attached: love-potion.jpg (39 KB, 200x494)

StrangeWizard
StrangeWizard

That's not Black Velvet.

Bidwell
Bidwell

It has alcohol in it, thus it's a love potion.

Methshot
Methshot

That sounds it could be very unethical and lead to people getting quite hurt due to drug sideeffects. I like it.

Also.
Shoe me the dawn, papa.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Almost like the classic Civ bug with Ghandhi, the love counter overflows and turns to zero or even negative.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Because everything is rape and everything is offensive go fuck yourself OP.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

love is just chemicals

You actually trust the chemicals in your brain when they tell you that?

Methshot
Methshot

Dude, why so butthurt? I am as anti-SJW as can be, and even I consider OP's bait question actually worth biting discussing.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

That'd be something like this:
Eros potion
Greatly increases sex drive and somewhat boosts physical attractiveness
Storge potion
Is sold in pairs of bottles. When two people drink the potion together, if they love each other, they end up cuddling for about an hour and feeling happier for about a week; if they don't, they lose sex drive for a day and act more reserved for about a week.
Philios potion
Makes you more willing to behave nice, while also boosting your charisma.
Agape potion
Makes you way more submissive when interacting with your family, loved ones, and authorities you are supposed to obey, while also greatly strengthening your will and bravery while acting in defense of these people.