Warcraft Lore and RPG Discussion

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Communing With the Elements Edition

Discuss the lore and story of the Warcraft franchise and its application in and around traditional games.

Document compendium: Contains official (ex-canon) DnD 3.x variants and a fan made DnD 5e version! Also contains the official Warcraft Chronicles volumes 1 and 2.
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B52pEESRLwfBM3V0Sm5NTlBITlk

Previous thread
veekyforums.com/thread/58779165/games

Attached: 1514731064081.jpg (75 KB, 607x900)

Other urls found in this thread:

wow.gamepedia.com/Crusader_(Warcraft_III)
youtube.com/watch?v=nx1qG03Av3s
wowhead.com/item=121410/crumbling-ceremonial-vestments
veekyforums.com/thread/58803262/games

JunkTop
JunkTop

lore wise dosen't the quest in BfA slaughtering villagers make the horde pc's evil by default ?

whereismyname
whereismyname

I seriously hate this writing, why the fuck would Saurfang run to the Alliance just because he has trouble with Sylvanas?
Wouldn't it be more in his character to take a heap of like-minded Orc/Tauren/Troll veterans and make a spilnter Horde in Northrend somewhere?
Nothing said Saurfang throws in with the Alliance. He just kinda fucks off and does his own thing.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

So, where is he?

Attached: Mal'Ganis.jpg (154 KB, 1024x1434)

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

a dev joked that the Only forsaken left are the PCs and the dark Rangers

Shoot me, forsaken were based

Techpill
Techpill

Refining the process by which to transform Jaina into a dreadlady.

SniperGod
SniperGod

My Forsaken has essentially become a Gondola. Wandering freely, observing events, and reflecting with a sense of warm melancholy, perhaps with a touch of sentiment.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Mal'Ganis is one of the many demons summoned by Gul'dan in front of the Tomb of Sargeras to attack the forces of Azeroth in the climactic, disastrous battle at the Broken Shore.
After that

'Joked' is the keyword there.

Booteefool
Booteefool

Still, why would he choose to remain in Stormwind Stockades?
Surely he would prefer freedom and then the chance to do his own thing rather than sitting in an Alliance prison?

happy_sad
happy_sad

Presumably trying to put together some splinter faction of demons so Blizz can keep using those models as future enemies, and Demon Hunter and Warlock abilities won't be COMPLETELY useless in future expansions.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Mal'Ganis was summoned and yet we never see anything of him in Legion, which is strange considering he is one of the most important Demons in lore.

takes2long
takes2long

joked
Yeah, in hyperbole since the race doesnt even have a homeland in the lore anymore.

likme
likme

No one said he's staying in the Stockades, either.

lostmypassword
lostmypassword

He doesn't sit in prison, he demands the guards take him to see the king, and they listen because he's Varok fucking Saurfang.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

so Anyone else reading Chronicles and feels they are saving Kel'Thuzad for a big expansion just like they did for Illidan in BfA?

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Screencap this post, he'll be back in Battle for Azeroth, and we'll have a raid set entirely within the Shadowlands.

Booteefool
Booteefool

What really did it for me was blizzard writting him like hes actually the one running the Scourge and not the Lich King. They even mentioned he named it and is the one who created the armies.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

You know what makes me mad?
Jaina: Khadgar, the Horde is committing genocie! How can you stand
Khadgar: Well see um, both sides had their share of atrocities and not many people actually died-
Jaina: Khadgar, the Horde is slaughtering innocents in Kul'Tiras! How can you stand by as they attempt to extinguish the lives of civilians!?
Khadgar: Well you did invade Lordaeron earlier and-
Saurfang: SYLVANAS IS A FUCKING BITCH, I QUIT
This means Mr. Mage thinks he knows more about the nature of the Horde than Saurfang. If the most trusted member of the Horde says the current Horde leadership is evil, I think his word has more weight than the observations of a group of mages who technically made and broke alliances with both the Horde and the Alliance in the span of a couple years for realpolitik reasons.

iluvmen
iluvmen

Plot twist: Kel'Thuzad isn't a boss, but a quest giver.

Inmate
Inmate

considering what happened to the other dreadlords in Legion he was right to fuck off

revived Burning Legion led by Mal'ganis and the empowered Skull of Thal'kiel when

Firespawn
Firespawn

You know, I would have counseled the 'High King' or Andy Boy to have immediately recognized Saurfang as the ranking Horde statesman on an ambassadorial tour and hosted him as an honored guest with full diplomatic gravitas.

TechHater
TechHater

Khadgar is clearly trying to stay out of the war and maintain a "bigger picture" viewpoint, since he's the Guardian of Tirisfal and all.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

To be fair, Saurfang can break with Sylvanas's Horde with minimal long-term diplomatic fallout. He is a hero of the Horde, commander of the Might of Kalimdor, and all that. Khadgar is in a much more awkward position, given Dalaran's history as a former Alliance city, not to mention the whole "purge" business.

Now, obviously, characters make the choices that they do because Blizzard needs X to happen and can't write a consistent narrative to save their wallets, but Khadgar's stance can be pretty easily understood if you assume that he wants to leave the door open for the future.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Genn would have thrown a fit.

whereismyname
whereismyname

Treating the #2 of your faction's mortal enemy like an honored guest
The citizenry would never stand for it.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

You mean they weren't already since at least Cata?

5mileys
5mileys

For the same basic reason that 20-somethings from California can claim that America is the worst thing ever and protest in the streets with "Down With America" signs without getting added to the no-fly list, but god help you if you're from a Muslim country and you disagree with American statecraft.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

Varok Saurfang
He isn't just the #2 of the Horde, he was also the Supreme Commander of one of the only unified Alliance-Horde armies in recent history. If there's anyone from the Horde that the warriors of the Alliance would be willing to dine with, it's Saurfang.

SniperGod
SniperGod

I don't really see the big deal about Saurfang working for the Alliance? If you watched Star Trek they had a character kinda like Saurfang in it who was one of the leaders of Cardassia but his entire race forms an Alliance with an Alien race he finds dishonorableand instead works with the federation to defeat Cardasia because he sees Cardasias values changing.

Attached: dukat.jpg (21 KB, 705x388)

RavySnake
RavySnake

Khadgar has been watching the player characters in action for the last two expansions. He just watched us beat up Archimonde, Kil'jaeden, and two friggin Titans. He refuses to do anything that would make him a target to any of them, on either side, and can you really blame him?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

There's also difference between someone fucking off on their own and taking the whole city with them.

massdebater
massdebater

Did you, uh, ever finish DS9? Because you're...missing a few important details there, especially at the end.

Techpill
Techpill

tfw the warrior class order was Odyn's Fan Club instead of a reinstated Might of Kalimdor
I will never not be mad

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Is anyone else going to miss the class orders in BfA? Not being the leader of them, that was retarded, but being part of a class-based organization that was more concerned with class goals and constructive developments provided a nice counterpoint to Genn and Sylvanas screeching in my ear about warden towers.

farquit
farquit

I'll miss having Alonsus Faol and Calia around.

Techpill
Techpill

He was the allied commander during Silithus and honorably dueled with the Alliance Warrior PC, and was the only Horde leader to give more to Ally PCs than "I have nothing to say to you, <race>." He's the second orc after Thrall humanity can trust, more so if he shares their suspicions with the current "warchief".

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

What happened to them anyway? Did Golden Boy turn to Calia and say "lol here's Lordaeron back."

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

tfw you will never get to spend time with Thisalee again
tfw in future expansions she will be a regular quest giver and forget about our escapades in the Broken Isles

Booteefool
Booteefool

I honestly really enjoyed every part of the Warrior class order hall, I suppose the quest for the mount was okay at best but I really enjoyed the Hall itself and the followers we got.

Attached: wow-vrykul.jpg (360 KB, 2400x960)

SniperGod
SniperGod

I have a lot of criticism for the class order system, but I do love the idea of them. I mean, that's always been a big part of the appeal of paladins for me. If I make a human or a dwarf, I'm a Knight of the Silver Hand. If I make a blood elf, I'm a Blood Knight. Ditto for shaman and druids.

So even if I dislike a lot of their implementation, I basically approve of the class orders. Hell, as underwhelming as the campaign was, I really like the Unseen Path's concept and am happy to have my hunter be a part of it.

The Conclave is bullshit though.

DeathDog
DeathDog

tfw no longer king of my own demon planet

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

I think he might mean Damar.

Nojokur
Nojokur

He didn't want a Valhalla filled with the greatest warriors in history hanging out and having friendly throwdowns with each other, including Lothar and Doomhammer

Booteefool
Booteefool

tfw I can't be the Demon Hunters replacement Illidan anymore and get my dick sucked by blood elves with 1,000 succubi worth of skill.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

No, that's fucking gay. More like carve out a piece of neutral territory and form a city by warriors for warriors

Methnerd
Methnerd

I really like the Unseen Path's concept and am happy to have my hunter be a part of it
See, that one felt like bullshit to me. I'm a gnome with a mechanical dog and the best gun that I can engineer, peering at the world through goggles with MORE GUNS on them. The closest I ever get to nature is accidentally irradiating it.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

I'm pretty sure you still retain your title with that order and the accomplishments that came with it. The PC shaman will continue to be the Farseer of prophecy who did the impossible and united the Elemental Lords under a single cause.

SniperGod
SniperGod

would have been cool to see him in WoW to be honest.

Attached: 7b0388dc87bdf01b2eb28479b8f26f22--word-of-warcraft-warcraft-film.jpg (110 KB, 600x1050)

SniperWish
SniperWish

The filename is literally dukat.jpg, though

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

You wanted to create not-Sparta and beat the shit out of kids for being weak fuccbois?

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

I know, but he's basically describing Damar and not Dukat.

FastChef
FastChef

You're right. As we move forward, we can't let our nostalgia blind us. We have to remember that there are positives to this change, like the one you posted.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

What's gonna happen to the Fel Hammer, anyway? Alliance gets to keep the Vindicaar.

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Really? I actually really liked the Conclave specifically because it felt much more like a new organization being founded, rather than resurrecting Ancient Forgotten Secret Club #20. Could have been really interesting to see it develop over time, as priests from different religious discussed various matters and tried to arrive at some kind of universal truth.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Together with the VX-001 Anti-Personnel Assault Cannon, the Fel Hammer and Acherus form a new V-07-TR-0N

cum2soon
cum2soon

The Fel hammer is mostly inoperable floating over Marduum so it's going to stay neutral like Archerus until the Demon Hunters need to assemble again.
If you mean "Can the horde have it" the answer is no. Demon Hunters are a Night Elf class that Blood elves wiggled their way into because of Kael'thas.

Skullbone
Skullbone

This except its in Alterac.

TechHater
TechHater

Attached: 5a8a0c12a4479f95b5e26ab6bf6a03b0c842af356b5506ffc59138be4872361b.jpg (50 KB, 500x313)

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

It bothers me that people don't appreciate that the Warrior class hall being Valhalla, and the Warrior storyline being you styling on and proving yourself stronger than Titanic Watchers like Thorim and Hodir, was crucially important in establishing Warriors as not being the "oh yeah and those nerds are helping too" class of Legion.

If the Warrior Class Hall had been something mundane like Fray Island or the Brawler's Guild Basement you would have had the very legitimate point that the most useful thing that the Battlelord could have done was off himself and have the Deathlord raise him into an objectively more useful class.

Valhalla and working for the Titans very neatly steps around the issue of the Warrior being compared to the "Warrior but with undead powers" and "Warrior but with fel energy and a double jump".

Nojokur
Nojokur

Alliance gets to keep the Vindicaar
At least until the next time the draenei attempt to move it, anyway. Their track record with space ships has more crashes than a Eurobeat thread on /wsg/

Supergrass
Supergrass

I was actually thinking a BG to fight for control of it would be rad.

Lunatick
Lunatick

"Warrior but with fel energy and a double jump"
Demon hunters always felt more rogue to me than warrior

farquit
farquit

What did the Horde even get from Highmountain anyways? They got a couple adventures from the tribe not the whole tribe dedicating themselves to the horde. Seems like a bad trade.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Except it does nothing to acknowledge the lineage and ethos of every breed of warrior out there, namely those from different races. A dwarf warrior works differently from an undead warrior.

Methshot
Methshot

Literally nothing.
If you're lucky there will be a line that even acknowledges that it still exists with the Illidari hanging around on it doing whatever the Illidari are concerned about now that the Legion is dead.
What is more likely is that it won't be mentioned at all, anywhere, nor will anything else related to the class orders in BfA.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

that the most useful thing that the Battlelord could have done was off himself and have the Deathlord raise him into an objectively more useful class
Don't give those zombie-plate fuckers any ideas now.

Emberburn
Emberburn

What actually made people from the Arathi blood line such excellent warriors? Where they a direct blood line to the Titan Tyr?

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

probably training

DeathDog
DeathDog

How is she in bed?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080)

eGremlin
eGremlin

Their concentrated testicular mass. They channel shear ballsiness into their weapons.

FastChef
FastChef

Nah, they're powered by Pain and Vengeance. They're really hard hitting frontliners as opposed to sneaky backstabbers. Just like a fel mage is a warlock.
Fel does need a rogue though.

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

dead fish

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

That's rather the point, isn't it?
You couldn't possibly display EVERY type of Warrior in the setting, so you choose a neutral one.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Malfurion been married to that for over 10,000 years and still loyal.
Dat would have to be some mighty fine pussy.

Attached: 1469391507008.jpg (81 KB, 600x652)

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Baine got a wife. Maybe.

Spamalot
Spamalot

People complained that the warrior order campaign "does nothing that speaks to me as a warrior." It's just Titan shit.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

Attached: 1517160698998.jpg (897 KB, 1050x1400)

happy_sad
happy_sad

no, these villagers likely worshipped the Old Gods and were secretly members of some cult, like most humans. Look at the Church of Holy Light, the Duskwatch and the Scarlet Crusade

iluvmen
iluvmen

Andy Boy? Do you mean Manduin?

idontknow
idontknow

Probably awful, other Elves such as Liadrin or Thalyssra seem like the good crazy in bed.

Attached: Thalyssra.jpg (163 KB, 767x1080)

Methshot
Methshot

Well, to be fair, guns and robo-pets didn't exist when the Unseen Path was founded. That said, my Horde hunter's a goblin with the same setup as you and I feel there's a place for the modern, technologically oriented hunter in the Unseen Path's mandate.

TreeEater
TreeEater

He's been asleep for nearly all of that time. Clearly she's nothing but a dead fucking fish. They don't even have a single kid together

SniperGod
SniperGod

Or he has a mighty fine dick because she stayed faithful while Malfunction had a lil snooze.

TalkBomber
TalkBomber

Kaibaboy.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

And it's funny because he literally started as a random meme NPC in Orgrimmar.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

I'm not sure it really counts if he was asleep in his man cave for 9,9986 of those years.

Sure, SHE'S loyal as all get-out, but he hasn't exactly been around.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Deadfish
The woman who literally tells you that when she was stressed out she'd go into her husband's literal mancave and ride her brains out on his dick wheile he was sleeping.
Tyrande's got thousands of years knowing how to work her hips based on slight twitches of your face.

Liadrin and Thalyssra are the most asexual type of "Noble" elves I've ever seen though. I wouldn't be surprised if nightborne had sex via arcane staring contests.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Don't they know him? Numerous Alliance soldiers served under him in Silithus per Chronicle 3, so they are likely to respect him more

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Lore friends, what other possible classes can possibly be added? I know there's several that some want but might be too close to others (Dark Ranger, Warden) but the only other option I see is Tinker.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

Attached: 1458152549464.jpg (239 KB, 738x1083)

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Well, the Highmountain are mighty warriors, possibly stronger than their Kalimdor cousins.

And when combined with Suramar, means that the entire Broken Isles are pretty much Horde territory.

Nojokur
Nojokur

When does this happen?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

Citation needed

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

I guess I just don't understand how that leap is any greater than the one required for the Conclave.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

I thought Khadgar explicitly didn't want to be the Guardian and is just a radical centrist

Booteefool
Booteefool

I wouldn't be surprised if nightborne had sex via arcane staring contests.
Or silly mind-linking helmets like Demolition Man.
I wonder if they wipe their asses with three seashells.

girlDog
girlDog

It's as Warrior as anything in the setting.
You die and go to fucking Valhalla where you become an immortal champion of the actual gods of the setting.

"People" are just fucking upset about it because they wanted the class which is uniquely impossible to claim has any kind of theme should have catered to whatever their inane, arbitrary interpretation of said imaginary theme is in their head.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

He didn't, but had to embrace it to fight off the Legion.

Playboyize
Playboyize

modern Blizzard is built on memes. Just look at Hillsbrad

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

It's during Val'sharah. He's exaggerating a bit but she does say that when she was stressed she'd go down to his cave while he slept, and when she reemerged she'd "have the conviction to lead her people."
Plus she's the closest to a Troll, she's barely shed the accent after all, clearly she has some crazy savage mating habits.

Methshot
Methshot

That feel when when will never have a Humanity Fuck Yea Bolvar who uses the Scourges army to destroy Kalimdor and secure Azeroth for The Alliance.

Attached: 200px-Bolvar,-Fireblood.jpg (16 KB, 200x267)

Evilember
Evilember

Yeah, but Saurfang managed to rise above that and actually become a good character.

Firespawn
Firespawn

Attached: 1495481278860.jpg (191 KB, 290x568)

WebTool
WebTool

Tinker really is the only fully unique class I can think of to add, since other concepts would be extra specs/reworks of current specs, like Void Paladins, Earthwarden Shamans, Chronomancer Mages, Bard Monks, etc.

Ideally have them wear mail, Races are Goblin/Gnome
Dwarf/Troll
Human/Undead
Belf/Draenei
Nightborne/Velf
Dark Iron/Mag'har
Ethereals if they ever get added.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

He's too busy reminding the Death Knights that their freedom is an illusion and they are forever his bitches.

TechHater
TechHater

Attached: 1487559878801.jpg (295 KB, 857x1200)

eGremlin
eGremlin

Was I the only one who got more of a "Horde" dominant feeling from the Warrior class order hall?
On my Mage I definitely got a more "Alliance" dominant feeling from the Hall of the Guardian.

Stormforged allied race for Horde

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

There are innumerous classes that could be created within the setting; Monk was created and it was as flimsily supported by the lore as the entirety of MoP.
Necromancer, Necrolyte, Runemaster, Tinker, Bloodmage, Blademaster, etc.
With DK and DH implemented there aren't really any that strike me as being 'glaringly' missing, or anywhere near in such demand.

Illusionz
Illusionz

ywn tear down Orgrimmar
ywn enslave Silvermoon
ywn subdue Khaz Modan
ywn conquer Zandalar
ywn eradicate all of the lesser beast races
being a human is suffering

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

HoTS women are a blessing

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

Most alliance races are titanforged. Warrior hall felt much more fitted for Alliance.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Crusader Class from Warcraft 3 would be good.

wow.gamepedia.com/Crusader_(Warcraft_III)

Garbage Can Lid
Garbage Can Lid

Attached: 1454472875050.jpg (369 KB, 1991x1850)

Spamalot
Spamalot

How would you differentiate them from Ret Paladins?

Soft_member
Soft_member

The Conclave feels a lot like the Paladin order to me in that it makes the priest class very same-y from race to race in the lore.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

The only thing I could think of would be fighting Saurfang (and acknowledging him as the greatest Axeman alive) and maybe the vaguely similar personality between the Valkyr and Orcs.

hairygrape
hairygrape

I'm going to have to have my Alliance character go her respects to her old CO.

Playboyize
Playboyize

It also doesn't help that the paladins almost hijack the priest campaign.

Methnerd
Methnerd

I legitimately don't understand the thought process of people who think the Class Orders are going to suddenly become aligned with either faction.

Firespawn
Firespawn

And you can forged about ever getting it, because Blizzard decided to make Engineering an profession back in vanilla.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Classes such as Runemaster, Blademaster, Crusader and Bloodmage seem more like a fourth spec for existing classes rather than another entire class, mark my words when the subs drop again Blizzard will make a fourth spec for all/most classes.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

Out of morbid curiosity, what will Blizz do when subs drop and continue to drop despite their best efforts?

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

words marked as bullshit that never happens

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

I don't think that makes tinkers impossible. Blizzard is well-practiced in the art of making professions irrelevant.

Lunatick
Lunatick

That would be the greatest thing ever. Kel'Thuzad giving out quests at the behest of his master, the Lich King Bolvar

Booteefool
Booteefool

It sucks that nu-Blizzard writing is so slaved to gameplay considerations, because I think the coolest direction that the Death Knight story could go is that they (including the PC) are secretly evil.
Still working with the Alliance and Horde and their Guild and all that, but at the end of dungeons they're secretly raising dead bosses, or they're sabotaging things.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

They are a shield DPS/banner class with lances. They go into battle with active runes and buffs and can summon mounts for longer during battle. They can throw Holy Lightning Bolts to judge their enemies with the Holy Light.

viagrandad
viagrandad

Sounds like a paladin to me.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Fourth spec is absolutely never going to happen.
That's 12 new specs, literally as much work as creating four new classes.

Methshot
Methshot

it would be a paladin 4th spec just like warriors had gladiator

Methnerd
Methnerd

Tinkers spec ideas:
- Some shit to do with a mech like Mekkatorque
- Some shit to do with automated turrets/mechanical weaponry (Second ranged physical dps class)
- Some shit associated with the Titan constellation technology and creating constructs from it

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Well you just spent an expansion raising the 9.1 raid bosses, so good job death knights

TechHater
TechHater

Only if you take a close look at the burning of Teldrassil and other currenty released alpha content including , the Tauren are conspicuously absent as combatants. I don't think they're in the Horde for Sylvy's benefit.

JunkTop
JunkTop

use some alternate timeline shit to cancel WoW and rebrand it as Age of Warcraft, a thrilling competitive E-Sport

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

A Tinker class that wears mail would not only fix the armor imbalance (currently 3 cloth, 4 leather, 2 mail, 3 plate) but would also help prop up Gelbin and Gallywix as characters.

Hell, take away Trolls, Draenei, Nightborne, and Velves as options. Then you're left with:
Goblins/Gnomes
Dwarves/Belves
Humans/Undead
Dark Iron/Mag'har
And then again Ethereals if they ever become playable.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

If it's a sword-and-board DPS spec for paladins and Warriors get their sword-and-board DPS back, I'm all fucking for it.

Supergrass
Supergrass

Demon Hunters are a Night Elf class that Blood elves wiggled their way into because of Kael'thas.
Not so with the Chronicle, Illidan was the initiator of the demon hunter program and allowed any elf to join, so long as their hatred for demons was strong enough. Kael'thas wasn't even aware of it for some time.

Altruis get out and stay out

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

HFY
Literally the only thing more cancerous than WoW lore already is.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

All Alliance races get Gnome technology, all Horde races get Goblin technology.
Dark Iron get their own technology motif.
Mag'Har get Iron Horde technology motif.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

Well, after half the Demon Hunter kit was looted from Demonology Warlock's corpse, Blizz has set the precedent that that wouldn't be a problem.

Playboyize
Playboyize

Surrounded by the uncorrupted ideal form of humans
Horde dominant

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

It wasn't available to high/blood elves until Kael'thas joined up though. Until then Demon Hunters were as night elf as the Wardens.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

Vrykul couldn't care less about the faction war, see Northrend and Stormheim.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

That's what I was figuring.

I'd potentially even give Gnomes and Goblins a slight benefit for playing them for the class just to help the gnomes.

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

I didn't say they did, but it's a bit weird to say that something feels Horde dominant when you're surrounded by the human form

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

Speaking of the Iron Horde, is Sylvanas going to revive them and have them pour out the Dark Portal as an additional warfront? Orcs seem to be A-OK with genocide now that Saurfang and Thrall are out of the picture.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

They are more like mercenaries to repay Iron Horde debt back to the Horde. The Iron horde isn't all in with the Horde.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Yes, more or less. Eitrigg goes to recruit them, either Sylvanas or Nathanos straight up says at the start of the recruitment quest that they're expendable cannonfodder.

WebTool
WebTool

After Tinker, which is now the most requested since DH finally came to us, i'd imagine fourth specs and eventually race specific classes that have an identical counterpart on the other faction. The example I saw was Dark Ranger and Shadow Hunter could be similar with a Priestess of Elune and Rengari on the opposing sides.

MPmaster
MPmaster

I fucking hope so, unpopular opinion here but I seriously loved the Iron Horde. ESPECIALLY their motif.
It's unlikely we will ever see them again but really hope we do.

Attached: Blackhand-WoD.png (674 KB, 762x1049)

Playboyize
Playboyize

But in all seriousness, any new class would need to have a new order hall designed, and new artifacts for each spec, and quests to go with all those, in order for them to be able to level through Legion content. Even if they start at 110 or 120, they'd need to be able to go back and do those quests if they wanted to. We're probably never going to see another new class.

Flameblow
Flameblow

Blizzard will go the easy way and make it a Hero class, and probably make it start at level 120.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Good news: They're a confirmed Allied Race
Better news: Skin/tattoo options for all the clans, including Blackrock
Bad news: Their heritage armour set and mount are Warsong themed. You can still get the Blackrock armour from the Warmill on a plate-wearer, at least.

LuckyDusty
LuckyDusty

Getting the Draenor Mag'Har as an allied race instead of the Outland Mag'Har is so fucking stupid.
It's just a neverending stream of time travel related bullshit that should have stayed in WoD.

The only reason it's them instead is for all the different WoD-era Orc skins, but you could have just put that on Outland Mag'har anyway.
So fucking stupid.

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Same thing with new specs.

whereismyname
whereismyname

They still had to add Death Knight, Monk, and Demon Hunter class callouts to Nefarian in BWL. They'd need to add a class hall and artifacts for Tinker or whatever, and there's no way they'd do that work.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Nah.

Inmate
Inmate

WoD introduced some interesting things on Draenor. While the time travel plot was stupid, now that the milk has been spilled, I'm glad they're at least not ignoring the new elements that it added.

Shadows gather

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

I mean, they wouldn't.
They could literally just not give them any of that.
Nobody would actually care.

cum2soon
cum2soon

Why? New classes don't get new tier gear for outdated raid tiers. Why would they add quests for outdated content when those quests are not necessary for the leveling process?

Just stick a neutral scouting board in Dalaran that lets you pick up the zone quests, and you're good.

RavySnake
RavySnake

But in all seriousness, any new class would need to have a new order hall designed, and new artifacts for each spec, and quests to go with all those, in order for them to be able to level through Legion content. Even if they start at 110 or 120, they'd need to be able to go back and do those quests if they wanted to. We're probably never going to see another new class.
New artifacts are easy, like three weapons a new class and one a new spec plus colors.
Order halls are harder, but it's easy to just put up a mission table and some generic "followers" in the corner of Legion Dalaran.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

this. Don't think to hard about it, make it soulless, uninspired shit like the warrior class hall that orientates itself on the current expansion and call it a day

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

New artifacts are easy, like three weapons a new class and one a new spec plus colors.
Don't forget that you won't even need the talent tree stuff, since traits are getting disabled as soon as BfA launches.

Order halls are harder
I mean, every class introduced after Vanilla literally came with an order hall before order halls were a thing, so...not really.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

Do they ever even bother explaining how more Horde and Alliance forces keep showing up in WoD after you blow up the Dark Portal 10 minutes into the expansion?

Keeping Draenor as a relevant part of the current WoW story is utterly absurd; it introduces story considerations that are IMPOSSIBLE to work around.

Factions now either have two copies of several different lore characters or the equally absurd question as to why they don't when they both exist
Why isn't Durotar the Warchief of the Horde
The Draenor factions joining the Horde and Alliance represent populations that would literally double the size of each faction
Draenor itself is so considerably spacious that the Horde and Alliance would have even less reason to be at war with each other

and just uncountable other stupid fucking questions that couldn't possibly be answered in the game's lifetime.

Playboyize
Playboyize

As a draenei priest, I'd be really interested in seeing the Conclave do the sort of thing he was saying, with the comparative theology and whatnot.

Need more arguments between Velen and Tyrande as to what Elune is.

Techpill
Techpill

I mean, every class introduced after Vanilla literally came with an order hall before order halls were a thing, so...not really.
Fuck that is true and makes it easier.
"He's the Tinkerer HQ, the Mechadome. During Legion content it's your Order Hall."

Methnerd
Methnerd

I agree that the time travel plot was ridiculous, I wish WoD was the Cata of BC instead. Like said, all of this added flavor to Draenor is a good thing even if the overall story was shit.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

Yes, its fucking awful. Blizzard seem to enjoy destroying their game. Its reddit shit after reddit shit.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

The Conclave felt very Paladin-y to me too, since they basically just copypasted 80% of it from the Paladin campaign and only occasionally changed "Highlord" to "High Priest" in the dialogues.

WebTool
WebTool

Do they ever even bother explaining how more Horde and Alliance forces keep showing up in WoD after you blow up the Dark Portal 10 minutes into the expansion?
Arguably, yes, given that constructing the Lunarfall garrison involves opening a portal to Stormwind to bring the construction crew through.

It's not like portals entirely stopped being a thing just because we destroyed one of them.

BlogWobbles
BlogWobbles

While the tauren Seers just hang out in the corner and ask passers-by if they've thanked the sun yet for lighting another day.

whereismyname
whereismyname

I don't know how it worked during WoD, but going back to get the Mag'har in BfA they do explain that the portal is closed, and we'll need to get help from the Bronze Dragonflight to make contact again, so it's not a simple matter of just hopping back and forth.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Why are you so buttblasted about the existence of WoD? Did it eat your dog or something?

Stark_Naked
Stark_Naked

it ruined the game, ruined every ounce of internal logic the setting had and rewrote swaths of lore to fit some meme aesthetic

Booteefool
Booteefool

The Draenor factions joining the Horde and Alliance represent populations that would literally double the size of each faction
Both of them kind of need it, to be honest.

You know what would be cool, but I know will never happen? If they did a Cata-like expansion that revamped old zones, and there was a whole event around the destabilization of the timeline separation between AU Draenor and Outland, resulting in a merge that kept the bizarre alienness of Outland and the savagery of Draenor. All the duplicated NPCs could have felt drawn to be on Outland for some reason, so they collapse into single entities after the merge. The two different Fel Hordes could come together to be the major threat to that world, perhaps with some warlock trying to muscle into the Fel in a big way now that Sargeras is out of the picture.

Just imagine Fahralon/Netherstorm, floating above an ocean that flows upwards and around the land in places. Shadowmoon Valley has to deal with the eruption of the Hand of Gul'dan in the middle of draenei territory, while the Temple of Karabor and the Black Temple end up doing the whole Light/Shadow balance thing. Arak now in a war between the Awakened and the cultists of Skettis. Auchindoun in a whole, preserved state, but with the spirits tainted by the actions of the Outland Shadow Council. Blade's Edge/Gorgrond with the Botani using a black dragon corpse to make a PLANT DRAGON SHIT FUCK. Nagrand exactly the same shit as always.

Methnerd
Methnerd

dude lmfao time travel woooo!
dude lmfao interdimensional time travel woo
dude lmfao low standards, woo
dude lmfao why couldn't we just use the Maghar already in fucking outland
Not him but give me a fucking break, its capeshit tier reddit trash. No I'm not shitposting, its fucking awful. You have be a complete normalfaggot with no standards to excuse this.

Firespawn
Firespawn

Within the purposes of the Veeky Forums thread it's because WoD is a gaping, festering wound on the lore in which nothing has been or could possibly ever be adequately resolved in a way that doesn't completely fuck up the entire balance of the setting.
At least with them just ignoring everything about it in Legion it was starting to scab over.

But now they're digging back at it, and for what?
A recolored Orc skin that is already in the Horde.

Flameblow
Flameblow

ruined every ounce of internal logic the setting had
After Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King, Cataclysm, and Pandaria, there honestly wasn't a whole lot left there.

rewrote swaths of lore
You are aware that AU Draenor is explicitly noted, in-game and by the devs, as being an alternate world in which some things had happened differently, rather than just the past of the same Draenor our green orcs are from...right?

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

I'm not cool enough for the Alpha can someone elaborate on this? Like is there a WQ where you run around dunking on random Kul Tiran civilians or something?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

You suddenly find yourself among not-vikings only to "die" and go to fucking not-valhalla and fuck around for a literal "who?" titan construct that took his toys and ran off when the others wouldn't play by his rules.

It really wasn't that interesting.

Attached: What-no.gif (1.2 MB, 400x225)

TreeEater
TreeEater

Shitting the bed once doesn't mean you crawl back in to it and do it all over again.

Attached: med-1483324304-image[1].jpg (25 KB, 640x360)

RavySnake
RavySnake

yes

StonedTime
StonedTime

Yeah, I'll be honest, I wouldn't mind Skyhold anywhere near as much if they hadn't made Odyn such a cunt. I don't think any other class order organizer is on the same level of dickishness except maybe Bolvar, and he at least doesn't pretend to have the moral high ground when he sends you out to violate graves.

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

with Chronicles, most of those changes are now true in the main timeline, and while some of them are good - like the Arakkoa and the Gorian Empire - most of them are shit, like edgelord Gul'dan

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

It does, however, mean that you may have a bowel control problem, and that means that, in addition to washing the sheets, you maybe go see a specialist.

If you just ignore the fact that it happened, you wind up sleeping in fetid shit.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

based

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Yes, but not any more so than the PC on each faction is already an abjectly, utterly dissolute genocidal war criminal working for one of two unimaginably evil nations whose sole purpose of existence is to exterminate the opposite faction from the face of the planet, when viewed outside the cartoon logic of the setting.

viagrandad
viagrandad

You have be a complete normalfaggot with no standards to excuse this.
I don't think anyone likes WoD as a whole. I know people who like individual parts like the Araokka but that's it.

hairygrape
hairygrape

Ah, but Chronicles has already been retconned by the release of Legion, so it doesn't matter!

No, I'm not him

I do feel like the blame there can be laid at the feet of Chronicles, which has already fucked up in other places. After all, Kairoz specifically said that it wasn't a perfect mirror image, so the intent was there. Chronicles mashing it together is Chronicles.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Heh but you see.
No, Blizzard shouldn't repeatedly fumble and fuck up the storyline, one mistake is fine but when you do it over, over and OVER again its not defensible.

Attached: 8bf[2].jpg (93 KB, 313x382)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

You know what would be cool...
I think they should've done this as well. Give it some instability that leads to more Allied Races joining either side as refugees after the fact.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

That guy always amuses me because the things he's upset about are pointless, even in context for warcraft lore.

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Val'sharah had a novel?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

would be nice to go back to A'dal and ask him why he wanted Illidan killed when his boss saw him as jesus

whereismyname
whereismyname

I like savage Draenor, arakkoa, seeing the draenei at their height, and was kind of amused that Garrosh's "Times change" ended up falling into "But...the future refused to change" with Gul'dan and KILROOOOOOOOOG

Honestly, pretty much everything except the overall plot and the content drought. And I'm still a little bothered by the fact that the saberon come out of nowhere without any references to them ever previously. Also fuck why the hell wasn't there an Infinite Dragonflight raid.

Soft_member
Soft_member

release BC
fumble and fuck up the storyline
release WotLK
release Cata
release Pandaria
fumble and fuck up the Horde
release WoD
You know, I'm not necessarily saying that you're wrong, but you're VERY late.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

That other post wasn't me. But yes. The arakkoa are interesting, my biggest gripe is how drastically the landscape changed. Or them retconning stuff, the early books were good enough.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (32 KB, 1280x720)

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

A'dal would probably say that Xe'ra was a crazy bitch of a space wind chime. And he'd be right.

Firespawn
Firespawn

Why didn't the captain just look down.

eGremlin
eGremlin

Saberon for Worgen allied race

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Give it some instability that leads to more Allied Races joining either side as refugees after the fact
Fuck, I just remembered that not all outcast arakkoa are on board with the Order of the Awakened.

You could give Horde the old Skeksis-style arakkoa outcasts and Alliance high arakkoa from the Awakened and get both models as playable without running into the silhouette problem that pandas introduced. It'd even fit with the Horde's tendency to be outcasts and the Alliance's growing THING about balancing Light and Shadow.

whereismyname
whereismyname

TBC an Wrath weren't handled so well but compared to Cata and every after that they at least revisited some interesting lore. I liked Pandaria as an expac because they didn't retcon fucktons of lore and the Zandalari were interesting. Its been downhill though, I would have blizzard wouldn't be dumb enough to revisit WoD. Its an abortion.

Attached: ecZcShFv[1].jpg (32 KB, 400x400)

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

You forgot

release WC3

Apparently humans were just never able to build boats and realize there were entire other continents and island chains around them.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

would have hoped*

MPmaster
MPmaster

how drastically the landscape changed
That ship had already sailed with BC moving temples, strongholds, and cities around willy-nilly.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

None of the class orders are interesting, but Warrior is the only one that gets flak because people cannot parse the idea that Warrior doesn't have a cohesive theme and that what they personally envision in their minds as being the ideal Warrior class hall wouldn't have fit every Warrior.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Pandaria didn't really affect the wider lore too badly, but a lot of the lore it introduced was pretty retarded. About the only thing out of it worthwhile was big nigga Lei Shen.

Bidwell
Bidwell

No, it literally happened in game. She told you this while riding to go save the Temple of Elune/Put Down corrupted Ysera.

Gigastrength
Gigastrength

Not liking the Mantid

Shit taste

Techpill
Techpill

Whether or not it's an abortion, it's there, and every new player is still going to level from 90 to 100 in Draenor.

Snarelure
Snarelure

None of the class orders are interesting

Opinion.

but Warrior is the only one that gets flak

Not true at all. Rogue class hall?

Flameblow
Flameblow

The Mantid were fucking retarded.
We have hundreds if not thousands of warriors able to fly
Even our siege beasts can fly
Let's waste time and resources building a fucking bridge

SniperGod
SniperGod

Yeah, and now you can level to 100 off of one zone and get out of there as fast as possible.

JunkTop
JunkTop

None of the class orders are interesting
You know how I can tell that you don't play a shaman?

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

Unfortunately, yes.

whereismyname
whereismyname

The notion that any of those expansions fucked up the storyline within two orders of magnitude of how badly the time-traveling, cosmology ruining, demon death retconning, DUDE ORCS LMAO expansion is. fucking. nonsense.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Do you have any idea of the relative caloric expenditure of flying versus walking for something that size?

askme
askme

demon death retconning
I am nearly certain that I remembered the demons-don't-die-unless-killed-in-the-nether thing from before WoD. I quit during Cataclysm and came back this past November, and that was a part of the setting that I was already fully aware of.

Emberfire
Emberfire

While I do agree with you, I daresay Cata came pretty close.

Talking to me about logistics in World of fucking Warcraft

It was only the Dreadlords who could pull that shit originally.

RumChicken
RumChicken

You know, it's funny to think that Garrosh was introduced in the very first expansion the game had, and we only just now finished cleaning up the final consequence of his existence.

whereismyname
whereismyname

Didn't they expand the zones to be basically worth thirty levels if you just wanted to stay there though? Like as level 60<->70 Outland is now 59<->80 thanks to scaling?

cum2soon
cum2soon

Maelstrom should've answered this, but then Daelin arrived without issue and fucked it all up.

RavySnake
RavySnake

There is pre-Cata quest text about killing Balnazzard in Stratholme talking about how he demons come back from the dead, which at this point is true for Dreadlords.

But the deaths of major demons in the series were NEVER portrayed as being temporary.
Archimonde and Mannaroth were DEAD, the fact that they were DEAD was utterly fundamental to the post-WC3 storylines of the Orcs and Night Elves.

Bringing them back commits the most serious fucking offense WoW can commit; it fucks up the story of Warcraft 3.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

90-100 is still the same, it just means you can stay in a WoD zones for a lot longer than you normally would rather than suffer the whole thing.

Supergrass
Supergrass

...shit.
BC
Garrosh is introduced, neat little flavor nod, Thrall gets to do more bonding with his home world

WotLK
Garrosh is given a military position, proceeds to be a complete jackass, people already a bit tired of his warmongering

Cata
Garrosh is made Warchief, people attempt to vote for write-in candidate Basic Campfire in protest, proceeds to royally fuck up diplomacy whenever possible--except in exactly one instance in Stonetalon Mountains

MoP
After alienating the rest of the Horde, Garrosh rips the heart of an old god out of Pandaria and drinks that sweet, sweet void to get a torso even more improbably larger than his head, but at least we finally get to kill him as a raid boss

WoD
Nope, nope, we don't, he goes back in time because he has daddy issues, guess we gotta clean this one up

Legion
Because Garrosh went back in time because of daddy issues, AU Gul'dan exists and comes to Azeroth to usher in the Legion invasion that Sargeras has been edging over for millennia

BfA
Because Garrosh's daddy issues led to AU Gul'dan jumpstarting the invasion, we brought the war to Argus, so Sargeras stabbed a big old wound in Azeroth and now we're fighting over her blood cells

It's all Garrosh. It's not World of Warcraft, it's World of Garroshcraft.

King_Martha
King_Martha

(Going to repost this shit)

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

how will Garrosh's legacy influence BfA?

Emberburn
Emberburn

Do you got a specific quest name? I kind of want to see that dialogue in a video.

It sounds so lewd.

WebTool
WebTool

Why couldn't the writers just have gone "Garrosh needs some time to go out into the world, adventure, make friends, and figure himself out without any pressure"?

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

which at this point is true for Dreadlords
Was it ever specifically restricted to them, though? I'm trying to find the quest text in question, so I might end up finding this one myself, but I figured I might as well ask.

But the deaths of major demons in the series were NEVER portrayed as being temporary
To be fair, it's entirely possible that the orcs and night elves simply didn't know that the deaths were temporary at the time. Their stories can still make sense.

Fried_Sushi
Fried_Sushi

So, in Chronicles, Ner'zhul is not dead, since Arthas merely found a way to subdue him into a wailing by plunging him into despair by reminding him that he was responsible for the corruption of the orcs. Any chance that he could return or been set free after Arthas died?

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

then how did killing Mannoroth sever the blood curse, if Mannoroth is still out there and not dead at all?

girlDog
girlDog

Valhalla my ass. Its marvel Valhalla but not really mythological Valhalla. Its Valhalla for people who dont know wtf Valhalla is.

happy_sad
happy_sad

Let's see if I can type this time with out falling out of my chair, the draenor we see in TBC doesn't in any way affect the past. Its a blown up planet with entirely new stuff it didn't contradict what we had in the books. It is dramatic in some places but WoD altered a lot of lore, the same shit might not have happened then but the layout of WoD's draenor and some of the other changes (which I feel are disgustingly bad) are cannon. Changes to clans, maps, Durotan's brother being in the Thunderlords etc. So much "alternate" universe lore which suddenly became cannon.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (102 KB, 1920x1080)

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Saurfang already watched this happen once (with Garrosh), so he's not going to put up with Sylvanas's shit. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the in-universe drawing of comparisons is what gets her to come to her senses before she gets raidbossed.

askme
askme

To be fair it's pretty consistent with the theme that the Warsong Orcs are retarded.

iluvmen
iluvmen

he did that in the Twilight Highlands, where he met up with Zaela and convinced the Dragonmaw to join the Horde

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

Literally, WoD, Legion and BfA (to an extent) all could've been avoided if Garrosh died at Orgrimmar. But nooooooooo, Taran Zhu wanted his trial in Pandaria, giving Garrosh the opportunity to escape into the alternate timestream.

IT'S ALL TARAN ZHU'S FAULT.

Attached: 1447368808560.png (187 KB, 400x750)

PurpleCharger
PurpleCharger

Presumably he's still in the Helm of Domination and may or may not be the spooky force that is turning Bolvar evil.

Whenever the subs start dipping too much and they break the emergency glass on the WotLK nostalgia expac I'm sure they'll bring back Ner'zhul since that is the most utterly boring goddamn thing possible, and therefore 100% guaranteed to be the direction they go in.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

If Ner'zhul wanted to assert himself, he would've kicked Bolvar's ass when he first put on the Helm of Domination.

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

I've honestly never been fully clear on how killing Mannoroth would have ended the blood curse in the first place, anyway. Destroying his physical form and banishing him back to another plane of existence, where he would have to wait to form his body anew, seems like it would achieve whatever physical process led to the curse being lifted.

w8t4u
w8t4u

I figured the implication was that each successive wearer of the Lich King helmet was 'absorbed' into its magic.

So the Arthas Lich King was roughly half Ner'zhul half Arthas.
And the current Lich King is composed of Bolvar, Arthas, and Ner'zhul, though whether they're all equal is unknown.

Bidwell
Bidwell

he has the gall to say "The outsiders... THEY did this... we should never have let them in..." hours before making a decision that ends with the world being literally impaled on a sword

massdebater
massdebater

who knows he didn't do that? Would explain some of the more questionable actions of the DKs

TreeEater
TreeEater

Taran Zhu acted like the Pandaren were the worst affected by Garrosh's actions, when they obviously fucking weren't. Not to mention the Celestials were going to let him live anyway.
At least War Crimes was a decent read.

Firespawn
Firespawn

If Ner'zhul's still floating around, he's probably decided that subtlety is the wisest course of action. Big, flashy plans have not worked out so well for him at this point.

Flameblow
Flameblow

not really, the only maghar left in main universe are all warsong iirc, so that limits things a lot

DeathDog
DeathDog

the shitty golden novel about Arthas ended with him killing Ner'zhul in his subconsciousness
It seems that Chronicle has retconned this and some of him is still there

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

Literally everything caused by RvB fighting could of been solved by letting Illidan crash Outland into Argus with no survivors like he was going to do since Thrall would of never met Garrosh in the first place.

New_Cliche
New_Cliche

I honestly feel like "there must always be a Lich King" would have been a lot better if, rather than needing to wear the hat to control the zombies, it was that the Lich King had become an entity in its own right, neither Arthas nor Ner'zhul, and that the last remnants of Arthas had been holding it back. Without Arthas wearing the hat, the Lich King would have been able to go all out, so we needed to stick it on another paladin to keep him in check.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

worked out so well
He escaped his Legion masters and devastated the northern kingdoms.

Nojokur
Nojokur

I thought that's what they're saving Kel'Thuzad for, since he's a major and beloved lore character who is currently unaccounted for- we have no idea where his phylactery is.

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

I guess, in hindsight, we really WEREN'T prepared.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

Nope, the Mag'har of Nagrand are from all different clans; they're only in the same place because Garadar was a quarantine area that all the clans sent those afflicted with the chicken pox.

MPmaster
MPmaster

Except Illidan is an autismo and never actually told anyone before Maiev, Akama, and a bunch of Alliance and Horde champions beat his ass so hard, he astral projected for the better part of a decade.

King_Martha
King_Martha

Is that what happens when the flight plan overpowers the master plan?

farquit
farquit

Taran Zhu acted like the Pandaren were the worst affected by Garrosh's actions

This makes me crazy. When he says that shit in SoO it's just unbelievable.

viagrandad
viagrandad

not because his plans were flashy. His plan to escape was to send Arthas to Kalimdor and let him tell Illidan how awesome the Skull of Gul'dan was so that Illidans autism kicks in and he does the work for him

hairygrape
hairygrape

perhaps they use both. Kel'Thuzad first communicated with Ner'zhul, so they could reasonably work together

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Well to be fair the Pandaren of Pandaria were completely removed from the fighting. Horde and Alliance civilians were still Horde and Alliance.

PackManBrainlure
PackManBrainlure

I was going to say "well maybe he's never been to Kalimdor," but then I remembered where he was when he said that.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Sure buy on the other hand: Why did we care? It was Outland and Illidan already let the night elves know he wasn't going to invade Azeroth with it.
Hindsight's a bitch.

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

I doubt he had much sense of scale, since he spendt all his life in a land were conflict was practically ritualized

eGremlin
eGremlin

Taran Zhu acted like the Pandaren were the worst affected by Garrosh's actions, when they obviously fucking weren't.
They weren't, but they also had nothing to do with the fight between the Alliance and the Horde until they forced it onto them. It's the difference between a fight going a step too far and just attacking some random bub minding their own business.

Stupidasole
Stupidasole

He doesn't say "We suffered an unreasonable amount given that we weren't part of your war," which could be true.

He says "We have all suffered from his atrocities. My people, more than any other."

Illusionz
Illusionz

Honestly, this is more or less what I think happened. Like, why would killing Arthas end the Lich King? Ner'zhul didn't need a body to exert his will from within the Helm of Domination. The Helm doesn't need someone wearing it to be a threat.

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

tfw established characters I cared about are forever ruined by nuLore and a supposedly non-cannon expansion made cannon changes that were never needed.
I hate blizzard.

Attached: images[1].png (8 KB, 251x201)

Sir_Gallonhead
Sir_Gallonhead

Technically the Pandaren had their entire continent and a lot of their way of life torn a new one by RvBing without context.
Like, at least the night elves of Kalimdor knew this could happen. The pandaren got torn a new one for someone else's war.

likme
likme

It's a decent headcanon, but doesn't line up with how they present it. If it IS true, they should present it more directly, because it involves a hell of a lot fewer mental gymnastics.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

The ice block held Ner'zhul's spirit in-tact.

MPmaster
MPmaster

At least War Crimes was a decent read.
What are you talking about? Anduin became jesus with powers to rival to Velen because he's christie's favourite. Tyrande became a 21st century lawyer with 21st century vernacular and forgot she was a night elf and plenty of others shit I don't want to dredge up.

Attached: DThCQvcU8AEv191[1].jpg (28 KB, 420x282)

Evilember
Evilember

Baine must serve as defense attorney for the orc who killed his dad
A vision from Cairne tells him not to worry about it and to serve with honor

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

Why didn't Baine break Sylvanas in half with his bear hands? He had the opportunity to do so.

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

My english may be bad but I read that. Stop it. Stop reminding me!

Attached: 9f3[1].png (375 KB, 676x458)

MPmaster
MPmaster

Because she hadn't totally fucked everything yet, and he can't just manhandle the Warchief without exceptionally good cause.

girlDog
girlDog

Because he's Christie's favourite

Is he really? Genuine question.

Methshot
Methshot

Is Christie a fujoshi.

Evilember
Evilember

I was told he was Christie's golden child. That was a while ago though when he used to be a mincing apologist for everyone that murdered his people.

Attached: Love-877244-6186361[1].jpg (33 KB, 392x269)

Flameblow
Flameblow

1. He didn't have to yet.
2. He got a girlfriend he wants to protect from unnecessary harm, such as killing one's warchief for no reason.

TurtleCat
TurtleCat

Wouldn't be surprising.
Has several 1-to-1 conversations with Garrosh
Casually talks Vereesa out of poisoning Garrosh (her excuse was "I have a family")
Heals a mortal wound Jaina suffered that no one else could fix somehow

Illusionz
Illusionz

Don't any of these people know that nurturing a tiger courts disaster?

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

Because he forgot he was Baine "You dwarves are going home in a wooden box" Bloodhoof

iluvmen
iluvmen

Baine "The Breaker" Bloodhoof

VisualMaster
VisualMaster

Hm.

Attached: c1a[1].png (131 KB, 300x902)

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Jaraxxus and a handful of other big names showed up but never did anything. Probably to be later used again. Mal'Ganis still wants revenge more than he wants to destroy the universe anyways, and Big Papa J is probably just looking for trifling gnomes to kill.

MPmaster
MPmaster

It was only the Dreadlords who could pull that shit originally.
Until TBC. There was a quest that explicitly said you can only truly kill a Demon in the Twisting Nether. However, that rule also faced a retcon by just using Argus's world soul to bring anyone who died back. Don't know why they didn't just rez Archimonde again considering that.

Carnalpleasure
Carnalpleasure

Don't know why they didn't just rez Archimonde again considering that.

Presumably the process takes time. Same reason all the demon bosses in Antorus don't just respawn instantly when you kill them.

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

Has Maiev REALLY ever done anything wrong?

Attached: Maiev-STILL-waifu-for-laifu.png (3.11 MB, 777x1396)

Spazyfool
Spazyfool

On a similar subject, is Doom Lord Kazzak really dead or can he be brought back for a fourth time?

Lunatick
Lunatick

Argus being the source of demon regeneration was a really good plot point that was introduced (or more likely, thought of) too late.
The entirety of Legion had that weird, dissonant "the Legion wasn't really trying the last few times" plot point and it would have been better if in 7.0 you had just been straight up told "aww shit, Argus finally woke up and they're bringing back all the demons now".

Booteefool
Booteefool

Post your best Maiev art and then I can decide

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

she trained the Watchers to be too independent
they should've obeyed Tyrande and free Illidan from the get-go because they were ordered to by the de-facto leader of night elf civilization

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

Deal.

Attached: smuggest-waifu.png (295 KB, 582x549)

askme
askme

Does it count as being wrong that they retconned the Watcher headquarters into being on the island that she was surprised to discover in Warcraft 3?

hairygrape
hairygrape

YAS TEERANDUH
WE WILL FREE NIGHT ELF HITLER

TreeEater
TreeEater

another user can't comprehend the true scope of 10,000 years
baka desu famalam

Attached: 1510512682387.webm (1008 KB, 1280x720)

Evilember
Evilember

Poor girl's getting old. Can't even remember where she put that damn island.

BunnyJinx
BunnyJinx

mfw Illidan was literally canonically vilified as the worst criminal in night elf history for 10,000 years
"WOAH, GIRLS, RELEASE HIM. NO EXPLANATION NEEDED. ONLY THE GODDESS MAY DENY ME. JUST RELEASE NIGHT ELF BOOGEYMAN. TRUST ME, I'M NOT A DREADLORD OR ANYTHING."

girlDog
girlDog

dumb furionfag

Attached: war3-2016-09-22-15-41-56-10.jpg (211 KB, 1280x960)

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Okay, Hordefags...

How many Nightelf girls did you rape?

MPmaster
MPmaster

As many as we could find while running through Ashenvale.

Crazy_Nice
Crazy_Nice

Why bother when we have superior Goblin and Nightborne pussy to smash?

idontknow
idontknow

Furion is the most disappointingly misused character in WoW.
He should be one of the most important characters in the setting but he just sort of hangs out in bad expansions and jobs to the lamest C-lister villains imaginable.

Also his name change was lame, why did they even do that.

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

Also his name change was lame, why did they even do that.
No idea, they even did it during TFT.

viagrandad
viagrandad

I'm kind of excited to see demon still linger around but instead of a organized fighting for us it's a bunch of demonic Warlords scheming and going on rampages and generally stabbing each other in the back.

I feel like there's potential to have the player character end up involved in a multi-sided demonic conflict, being used against their rivals and ultimately we end up fucking them over in the long run.

Evilember
Evilember

Or we summon their bosses who are now jobless neets with no purpose in life

Attached: 1522208285474m.jpg (96 KB, 1024x576)

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

I always assumed he woke up after a ten thousand years of sleep and realised he was old enough he didn't want to be called the equivalent of Bobby anymore, and preferred Robert.

TreeEater
TreeEater

yfw when it turns into demons + azeroth vs. void memes
5 expansions later it turns into redeemed void lords + azeroth vs. the being who have existed inside our very subatomic particles all along and have conducted the evil existing in the hearts of everyone

Attached: (can't-wake-up).jpg (9 KB, 480x360)

farquit
farquit

The entirety of Legion had that weird, dissonant "the Legion wasn't really trying the last few times"
No, they were definitely trying, they just didn't have large, stable portals. That was what was a big deal about the Broken Shore: Gul'dan opening the Tomb of Sargeras and getting the Felstorm going.

Every other time, they had to act through proxies and try to get them to secure enough resources to summon in the big guns. This time, they started with big guns on the ground.

w8t4u
w8t4u

the final boss of wow turns out to be the creators, you duke it out against Metzen himself.

Evil_kitten
Evil_kitten

The devs bring on huge nerfs to every class making every player almost useless.
Buff their own characters while they slaughter everyone hanging out in the major cities even the lore characters.
A last coalition between every available player and lore characters charge the final raid on dev island

happy_sad
happy_sad

Even pushing his smug face in wouldn't be worth slogging through all the bullshit to get to that point.

iluvmen
iluvmen

What namechange?

Fuzzy_Logic
Fuzzy_Logic

I think it would be neat for some of them to get the Orc treatment and just revert back to their... base race.

I wish Felguard weren't nonsensically made the same race as the Mo'arg, because I feel like Felguard would be a radical Allied race.

Need_TLC
Need_TLC

I looked at some wow lore and cinematics from the game what the fuck has happened to it? FLying space rocks and stuff like that. Who writes this kind of stuff?

MPmaster
MPmaster

Writers who have lost all sense of scale.

SomethingNew
SomethingNew

sleeping
Sounds like an excuse

Firespawn
Firespawn

A Fistful of Demons

CodeBuns
CodeBuns

For a Few Demons More

Lord_Tryzalot
Lord_Tryzalot

youtube.com/watch?v=nx1qG03Av3s
This was the dialogue. It's not lewd at all, but with how Tyrande and Malfurion talk about each other it's really hard to imagine that she did nothing with a dick she has 100% free access and permission to use at all times.

Poker_Star
Poker_Star

god the voice makes me think of female diablo 3 witch doctor

Dreamworx
Dreamworx

Well she IS closer to trolls than most night elves and is the high priestess of the moon loa, so it's to be expected.

haveahappyday
haveahappyday

the high priestess of the moon loa
Elune's not even a real Loa.

Attached: unknown.png (4.87 MB, 2560x1440)

5mileys
5mileys

expectations were established in WC3

Evilember
Evilember

Doubting the power of Eh'lune, the great moon loa
That's some bad voodoo user. I'd advise you tread carefully in the night.

AwesomeTucker
AwesomeTucker

They still regenerate naturally in the Twisting Nether, it's just that on their own, it takes an unknown amount of time to happen due to how time flows depending on where in the universe you are. Antorus with Argus' world soul was like a giant beacon in the Nether, pulling the slain souls to it and hastening the process tremendously. That's why it was so crucial to the Legion.

Nude_Bikergirl
Nude_Bikergirl

They call her "Lun", if Troll naming conventions are anything to go by.

Emberfire
Emberfire

Malfurion wakes up to get ready to fight for the first time
His robes are completely stained
He simply goes to the spare clothes pile
They're also all stained from lovemaking

Nojokur
Nojokur

Malfurion wake up
immediately gags from the stench of a thousand years of sex smell in a musty cave

CouchChiller
CouchChiller

Would she clean his dick afterwards?
Or would he be circumcised?

MPmaster
MPmaster

All natural people
Circumcised

Deadlyinx
Deadlyinx

God only knows what kind of genitalia he even has at this point. Guy's got fucking wings on his arms, antlers, and bear legs, maybe Cenarius hooked him up with a horse dick too while he was at it.

Attached: 300px-Malfurion-Molten-Front.jpg (18 KB, 300x496)

Nojokur
Nojokur

tfw Cenarius gave Malfurion a tiny rabbit dick
but granted him lightning speed

Harmless_Venom
Harmless_Venom

Are Elune and the various other gods above the Titans on the power chart?
The Titans aren't literal Gods, they're just nonsensically powerful cosmic entities made up of pure arcane energy.

iluvmen
iluvmen

Cenarius probably bestowed upon Malfurion a moose dick.

That's why Illidan wanted the demonic power. Makes his cock fel enhanced and comparable.

Raving_Cute
Raving_Cute

Elune is an extreme unknown who granted powers to an elf to persevere over agents of Sargeras.

Sharpcharm
Sharpcharm

I hope we never find out what Elune is, there's too much fucking explaining already.

Burnblaze
Burnblaze

I'm pretty sure the wings and feet are ceremonial attire and not actually part of his physiology. Even in WCIII he had a cape of feathers and drape-y, wing-shaped arm pieces.

BinaryMan
BinaryMan

Are Elune and the various other gods above the Titans on the power chart?

There are no "various other gods". There are the Titans, the Naaru, the Old Gods, and the wild gods/loa/ancients. Of those the Titans are the most powerful and godlike by a huge margin. Elune is the only god that doesn't fit into one of those (as far as we know).

GoogleCat
GoogleCat

wowhead.com/item=121410/crumbling-ceremonial-vestments

Ignoramus
Ignoramus

considering Blizzard has claimed mail armor was a mistake, I seriously doubt we'll see another class using it.

Boy_vs_Girl
Boy_vs_Girl

He's got wood. Tree of life form is a thing, after all.

kizzmybutt
kizzmybutt

tfw this genuinely upsets me
a-at least I won't need to play my druid anymore

Inmate
Inmate

new thread

SniperWish
SniperWish

Furion to Malfurion.

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit