Mining Thread

Any of you anons making some good gains mining? I want to hear from successful miners and learn their strategies.

I don't care about any of you brainlets trying to mine with one 960 on your shitty prebuilt. I want to hear about at least $3500 investments in mining equipment.
My shit comes in late next week. Will be mining with 4 1080 TIs overclocked and full power 24/7 with free electricity. I plan on using NiceHash for the consistency and no down time switching to different alts. I want to up this to more GPUs but I am expecting $6000 - $13,000 total earnings in one year's time of running the rig depending on what the market does.
I would like to increase this operation to a level I can live off of over time.
Inb4 "mining is fucking stupid you will make way more money investing"
Inb4 "you people are the reason muh gaming costs so much now"

pic not my setup, also pics please- extra credit if you place random objects like dildos on top of the rig to prove its yours.

What u wanna know?

> free electricity

blatantly lives with parents

Isn't mining gonna be phased out for most crypto currencies by late 2018-2019?

What are you mining?
Hardware (antminer right?)
What is your average monthly profit (NOT counting power consumption)
Initial investment?

Thanks user

Actually, are those S9s? If so, how have you handled the following:

1. Power - I'm assuming this is a home build? Did you get extra 240 runs?

2. Cooling - It doesn't seem to have anything special. How do you handle the heat?

I wouldn't do that to my parents lol, I actually have a condo and the garage electricity is paid for by the HOA lol.

Switch between BTC &a Bcash
Profit monthly about 3-4K depending
Initial investment $10k.

I have 1 more S9 and a l3+ coming

We actually have an industrial warehouse so we had our electrician run a 220V outlet for us and we use 30a PDU to hook em up

Cooling we have large fans that pass over them and a fan in the ceiling to vent hot air.

Already almost at my wage slave salary, this is good shit.

One last question, how long do you expect you will be able to keep this up? One user said mining will be phased out, is that just a meme? I feel alts will always provide an opportunity to mine.

Rumors.

We are going to keep adding machines until it is no longer logistically feasible.

Target: 50 up and running miners.

Half a mill a year if I calculated that out right. Did I fuck up using GPUs?
Even one Ant was higher than my 4 GPUs and I don't have to worry about power as of now, that was my logic anyways.

You will do fine. I still run my R9 390 24/7 mining ETH.

The antminers are hard to come across and rather difficult to order.

go buy an obelisk asic miner for siacoin...
>you're welcome

Not OP. I have a question for you.

I want to build a rig to mine Grin when the mainnet comes online later this year. It uses cuckoo cycle for its PoW. Cuckoo is memory-bandwidth constrained, and therefore is supposed to be more energy efficient. I'm trying to figure out how large my rig would need to be and if it would be something that wouldn't be annoying to have in a smallish nyc apartment. I.e. I dont want it making much noise / drawing a ton of power / taking up a ton of space, etc.. any guess?

Interesting. Thank you.

I have 4 rigs of 5 RX 470 mining edition 4gb

No PoC just estimates on their website.

No thanks.

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with the pow concept and how it works... GPU miners and asic miners run hot. 60-70C generally. Gpu's are less noisy but aren't quiet. Asic miners sound like a fucking vacuum.

how the hell would that be possible? Most crypto works on proof of work? Even bitcoin will be mined for another 112 years

the asics from bitmain are hard to order, take forever to be delivered and are a gamble.. Yes they can make more money for a short period of time but there profitability usage is very limited. GPUs are a more solid, long-term "safe" investment.

I'm the guy with 4 asics and 2 on the way. All ordered nov through December. Arrived jan 2nd.

Not that long

I have a few asics coming from bitmain to the US. Orders are confirmed, but ship date for feb.. What do you mean "gamble" - Shouldn't ordering from bitmain actually be much safer than sites like ebay?

it's 800 GH/s for siacoin... what are you talking about? ROI in 40 something days