I certifiably own the copyright to this image

I certifiably own the copyright to this image.

I would like to sell the rights to it to the highest bidder. Post your offers- I will have my lawyer draft a legally binding transfer of copyright contract within the week.

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/the-maker-of-the-trollface-meme-is-counting-his-money-1696228810
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

And no, I'm not going to ask anyone to make the transfer today, post wallets, or anything. Just looking for potential buyers. Literally no risk in it for you guys since I will privately verify my identity and credibility to interested parties.

Hi Whynne
You don't own shit

Copyright catalog and the last 10 years of contracts I've signed beg to differ, retard.

>not even a rare pepe

Here's some recent correspondence. Notice anything familiar?

fuck your gay shit, I own this image and am willing to sell it to the highest bidder.

I own muh dik, 5 ballers takes him

hmm, interesting

Hmm,

There might be money in memes.

I'll give you half a bitcoin;
[email protected]

Throwaway email if you're interested.

$7,900 USD

Guess we got our first bidder. Off to a good start. I've definitely made more on it over its run, but I guess if I had to cash out, I could settle for that.

One million doges

TWO (2) Millino Doges

I don't know if I can accept dogecoin. How's liquidity?

.75 BTC

4000 XRP;
Will need actual photo of documentation...
[email protected]

Like the OP says, I will provide all the relevant details to interested parties. Photo ID, passport, whatever you need.

Fuck you OP

What in God's green earth is this faggotry? OP, you have hit new levels.

Thank you for the bump, my friend.

You're welcome?

15 ETH

Nice.

How did you come up with this? true Veeky Forumsnessman I suppose

Come up with the idea to sell the image, or come up with the image itself?

My fucking son is younger than this meme, fuck off OP. Sage

Yeah, people are dumb enough to pay you taxes on something and they are all western (do you even own international rights?). Meanwhile in the major manufacturing hubs of the world they give zero shits. Plus it’s not 2010 anymore. It is not worth any amount of money to deal with the kind of wankers who would pay you money for the use of an outdated meme. Liberals gonna lib.

15.5 Ether

Seeing as I created the image, I have international rights. It's not a tax, either, it's a licensing fee. I've dealt with international parties before. I've had companies from brazil, china, and the UK come forward seeking licensing agreements.

I'm not selling it to someone as an investment, really. If that's your prerogative, you can definitely get a lot more out of the image with a proper legal counsel and some time, but mostly it's just fun to own because I can shake down startups whenever they overstep. I can also take down virtually any site with a DMCA notice if they use it, so that's cool too. I've exercised this power a number of times. I even got Nintendo to spill some sales details for a certain game.

>buying the rights for old memes

Fuck you dude, I want that meme.

15 ETH and ,1 BTC

Fuck off retard OP, nice shitty vector imagetrace of the original drawing.

Do you think I keep a copy of the original 2008 ms paint drawing on every hard drive or something?

Lel please tell Nintendo story

If you remember Meme Run for the Wii U, I was the one that had it pulled. Nintendo game me all the sales data on Meme Run in exchange for no-culpability in the infringement, but I think according to the agreement I wasn't allowed to disclose how much Meme Run made.

The creator claimed he made nothing and hoped I wouldn't dig into it, I guess all I can say is that he definitely did make something, and he's a little bitch.

I would like to sell the rights to it to the highest bidder. Post your offers- I will have my lawyer draft a legally binding transfer of copyright contract within the week.

Where do you see crypto in a year or two, Whynne?

5doge, final offer

kotaku.com/the-maker-of-the-trollface-meme-is-counting-his-money-1696228810

I like to think that crypto right now is analogous to the early internet. They're laying a bunch of cable for a technology that just isn't really usable for the average consumer, but it's a good long-term investment. Things are changing so rapidly that it's hard to know which currencies are going to be around in 10 years, but if you get in early and trade prudently, I think it's better than investing in filthy fiat money and banks.

sell the rights to 9gag

From my experience, cold-calling people and trying to sell this to them never worked. I actually approached hot-topic first, I would have given them exclusive rights. Head of marketing at the time didn't think it would work, and so I ended up getting a larger distributor that sold through hot-topic instead and it ended up selling pretty well. Point is, companies make it their job to know what's popular and try to acquire/license it, so if 9gag or reddit or whatever hasn't tried to license the image officially, it's because they don't see a need. Places with user-generated content generally don't need to worry about copyright infringement since they have legal protections and systems in place to remove offending posts per my request. I have no impetus to go tell reddit/9gag to remove millions of random posts that don't generate any kind of profit off of the image, so I don't.

imagine the bidding war if Matt Furie were to sell the copyright of pepe

Furie would probably donate it to SPLC or some other kosher establishment like a cuck.

Feel free to pay me royalties on mine Veeky Forums

k, how much you want