So let me get this straight...

So let me get this straight, the total marketcap for all Cryptocurrency combined is sitting at $760 000 000 000 which is roughly 42 times what it was at the start of the year and we've had the highest amount of growth ever this year. In theory there's a finite amount of money in the world right? So, how long can the market grow for before there's no money left to pump into the market anymore?

Other urls found in this thread:

money.cnn.com/2000/11/09/technology/overview/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

never.
new paradigm.

Jesus fucking Christ you're retarded.

Man you are retarded

brainlet here, does he not have a point? fine crypto can go into the trillions but surely it has to stop somewhere

There are single companies bigger than the entire market cap of crypto. The market cap of all equities is trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions and trillions.

repeat after me: not a zero sum game

We have barely scratched the surface my friend

zero sum game

No.

The DotCom bubble was $5T big and that was ONLY in California. Crypto is an international market and will definitely get bigger than $10T.

if you make money in crypto, someone loses that money. it's not created out of thin air

The amount of dumb money in crypto is actually a joke, you see the normies jizzing over XVG and TRX, fucking kill me.

Not how it works

money.cnn.com/2000/11/09/technology/overview/

Dot com bubble was in the trillions. Its crash only cost it about half of its value too. Over the next 10 years after the crash, we had the stock market become taken over by Google, Apple, FB, amazon, etc... Even when it crashes, the crash will just flush out the crap

But the bubble is just heating up

The price people are willing to pay for 1 coin is infinite if everyone assumes there is infinite growth, so yeah.
The opposite holds true if people panic

It IS a zero sum game you retarded faggot, but the market cap is not relfective of any actual amount of money in the system.

The fact is that most coins are held in cold storage and not actively traded, at all. Only a very small amount of most coins are actively traded, so the market cap flies.

Bubble won't burst before end of the year.

2019 the whole thing (and the real economy) comes crashing down and from the wreckage who knows what will survive

>my friend
PAJEET GET OUT

>US has 1.5 trillion banknotes (e.g. dollars) in circulation
>The market cap for gold worldwide is 7 trillion
>The market cap of the NYSE is 21 trillion

We are nowhere near the top. Around 3 trillion I'm going to stop, reassess and potentially pull out some fiat. Until then it's a long shaky road up.

Is there really infinite growth though? What happens when all the land whales get bored and decide to collectively cash out?

.com bubble had coked up jew money on FOMO, crypto has billions of pajeets, i don't know if that means we go bigger or smaller

we're approching 1 trillion very fast. and it hasnt taken very long. its growing at an astronomical rate, and absurd amounts of money are being thrown in every minute. the growth is unparalleled . its scary. i honestly think we have less than a year before the whole thing implodes.

Why will it burst in 2019 specifically? Why not 2018?

>another 20-50x in the next 5 yrs
>absolute minimum you should 10x you investment
>some will 500-10000x

OP's projection is only true if you consider each cryptocurrency in a bubble; meaning, that cryptocurrency is the only cryptocurrency in the world, and is traded against all fiat currency.

That's not the case.

Cryptos are traded for USD and EU, but are also traded for BTC, ETH, LTC, and other cryptocurrencies. When we're talking about crypto -> crypto trades, the market cap is functionally limitless, as each cryptocurrency's market cap is fueled by the amount of another cryptocurrency against which the first is traded.

Once you stop thinking of your cryptocurrency as a function of dollars and cents (or euros and... idk what fractions of euros are called, who cares), then you will understand why constraints such as "market cap" are meaningless, because they are expressed in those currencies.

The tech market during the dotcom boom was 2.5 trillion usd. Crypto is 700 bn usd. Given that there is so much more usd floating around today as a consequence of the zero interest rate policies around the world, it can still grow to a 5 trillion market cap easily.

Trump still needs to win the midterms.

What is the federal reserve for $800 Alex. Does mommy know you're up this late on a school night?

>Everyone becomes a crypto NEET
>Economy collapses because no one is doing 'actual work'

Just how long?

It's all psychology. If people continually believe exponential growth can continue forever, the price will behave in such a way. I'm not saying this speculation will pop any time soon, but it will eventually stop. And when people realize it's stopping, a panic happens.
Whales have nothing to do with it.

There will always be the fucking normest of the normies willing to do that work for us, user.

when I go to work on the train, walk down the sidewalk, and get to my wagecuck office job every day, I encounter hundreds of fuckwits who will never own a penny of crypto in time for them to realize they missed the boat entirely. they will be begging me for a single satoshi soon enough

>Once you stop thinking of your cryptocurrency as a function of dollars and cents
I'm sorry but this is moronic. Until there's a universally accepted coin with a rock solid value, everyone will keep thinking in fiat.

I don't care if you pay rent and buy dishsoap in BTC, the vendor is still setting prices as a factor of fiat.

Market cap matters b/c it shows how much fiat COULD eventually enter crypto. E.g. if all peer-to-peer loans switch to cypto, it would add $10 billion to the market cap (just making this up).

say it with me:
>you don't need to pay a trillion dollars to make a coin's market cap go to a trillion dollars

Too many normal fags for that to even be a concern atm. Normies go on wage slaving, meanwhile be the jew and profit, once you are rich leave a small stake in the game so profit continues, but you still have the majority of your wealth if it does one day implode.

Considering the bulk of cryptocurrency trading outside of BTC, LTC and ETH is crypto-> crypto, I think you are missing the point.