Google Authenticator Question

Hi!

I'm using Google Authentication to log into Binance, but I need to change my phone soon and i'm wondering how i can transfert my Google Authenticator information from my old phone to my new phone.

Can anyone help me please?

Other urls found in this thread:

support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/4430955?hl=en#ts=4430956
accounts.google.com/b/0/SmsAuthSettings
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You can't.

it will have a manual code when you made it -I hope you wrote it down

you need the backup code they give you when you first set up the 2fa on each website

You have to remove 2FA code then activate it again. Write down and save the key this time

Literally all crypto's promise is a product after 5 years, BZC is the only one of 20 coins that's actually finished.

Lying nigger

Disable authentication before changing phones and re-enable with a new phone?

disable in binance
enable on new phone

That Google Authenticator is tied to your current phone. You can get a new phone. Just make sure when you need to two factor you only use the current phone and everything else on your new phone. Keep both phones.

Holy shit did you not save the QR code file?

lol stfu user this is irrelevant

better yet dont use google auth but an app that has backup of setup.

Just keep 2 phones user it says this in Google’s T&C it’s that or lose all your cryptos

Normies are literally going out of their ways to buy this shit. Get rekt, BZC is the only one they'll buy for fun.

kys is the only way to do that

ok so can i just deactivate Google Auth on Binance, after: buy my new phone and install google auth on my new phone, and then re-enable google auth on Binance?

Just keep the old phone at your table. I'm planning to do the same

You did print the backup right user?

Once you reactivate activate it on both phones use your old phone as a backup in case your newnone dies. Make sure they have the same code and then check every week to see if your old phone is still working.

Go into every site and disable 2fa then reenable it and screenshot the barcode. Use your new phone to scan the barcode scanner on gauth.

This is what I do.

I don't remember any back up code, Did I do something wrong? I don't plan on losing my phone anytime soon anyway but it would suck if it broke or something.

fuck off with this copy pasta pajeet

yes. The site said to write it down. You will have to disable and then re-enable.

Authy can be backed up and it works even in cases like Binance where they say you need to use Google Auth specifically. I've been happy with it, but I haven't changed phones yet so can't confirm that the backup actually works.

Anyone around here had to actually use an Authy backup yet?

support.google.com/accounts/troubleshooter/4430955?hl=en#ts=4430956

i did print the backup key number, is that enough?

Disable multiple devices. Or enable it then add a second device as a backup and then disable multiple devices.

lol Google support is getting to be as retarded as Microsoft support now.

Do you Know one?

authy?
last pass has an auth app that has backup

Go here: accounts.google.com/b/0/SmsAuthSettings
click change phone and scan the QR code from the new phone.

You should also switch to Authy which syncs all the keys online so that you don't have to do this again.

>Authy
thanks user!

Can you get rooted? Then you can back the app up with Titanium backup and restore the data. I do it all the time and keep the backup on my Google drive.

Actually you can retrieve the original code. I did that once, you have to look in the app folder and read some .json file IIRC

Do this but screenshot it and write it down on paper in case you lose your electronics

Don't use authy.
The very point of GA is that it's on your phone and not on some system somewhere else.

YOLO it and disable all 2fa until you get your new phone

disable 2FA on binance
then reenable it and SAVE THE QR CODE / KEY
when you get your new phone use ther saved QR code/key

OP.
withdraw to your wallet.
Disable 2FA
Get Phone
Use Authy
Renable 2FA
transfer coins back to Binance

The odds of them hacking authy with out me knowing and changing my authy code and knowing my password is a number that can only be expressed in scientific notation.

You saved your fucking code, didn't you?