How much money do you consider "life changing"?

I'm not talking necessarily about how much you consider is enough to stop working forever, though that may be your definition of "life changing".

So tell me fellow user Veeky Forumsnessmen:

>How much is a "life changing" amount of money to you?
>How much do you feel you need to stop working?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rJjKP8vYjpQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1 million

Life changing would be enough to pay off my mortgage and student loans. Already make 6 figs, so if I could just bank all of that I would be comfy as fuck. I don't see myself not working unless I net >5M.

I made £1.2 million after tax with my indie game.

Didn't change my life at all, apart from now I own a nice house. You get used to nice houses VERY quickly. Like within 1 week.

So for me £1.2m was not life changing.

I imagine at the £10m mark things get interesting.

300k would pay off my student loans and my mom's mortgage.

$10M

It is the minimum amount of money that you can live comfty without sucking tits of the nanny state forever.

10 million
use 5 million to buy 5 houses (I live in sydney), fix em all up with 1-3 million
rent them all out to rent cucks
Live comfortably from the rent income, more time to pursue things i'd like to do
buy myself a house and furnish it with the remaining 2 million

That's what i'd do if I couldn't figure out how to turn the 10 million in to a 100 million which is what i'd really like.

> making 6figs
> not being able to pay of loans or mortgage
Are you addicted to cocaine and expensive champagne hookers?

Personally I think anything over 100k is life changing, and anything over 1M is potentially enough to never work again - though more realistically 5M or more

I'd say once you pass 1mil you can buy a house and not have degrade and humiliate yourself by wagecucking day in day out just to pay the rent.

5-600k and I quit my job.

100,000 to buy me a house, another 10k or so to pay utilities, property tax, etc on it. 10-20k for all brand new furniture. 30k for a new car and I pay off my insurance premium for the year. Another 100k back into crypto, another 100 into stocks. There's my safety net for the rest of my life. After that's all said and done I have 200k in savings which will cover any other bills I haven't paid already and I'll have more than enough cash to spend at my leisure.

People say 1mil a lot but that's way more money than I'd know what to do with. Nobody needs a fancy house that costs more than 100k, and you really don't need a lambo. Once I hit 500k I'm set for life.

I could live off of that for a longggg time

If I got 10 million I'd move the fuck out of Australia.

You realize good houses are like 100k in other nations. Don't chain yourself to that sinking chink colony mate.

You are such a fucking idiot you don't even deserve to have the dream of having money.
>Wants to spend 8mil to buy houses in one of the most overvalued property markets in human history
>even if you could get $1000 per week per house, you would get gross income of $260,000, or ROI of just over 3%
>Doesn't even take into account the property management costs, depreciation, property repairs, etc.
You would unironically make more in returns from a term deposit, with literally no additional work.

About 100k USD.
I got caught up in the housing crisis bought @260k value dropped to 103k. Wife got laidoff. Foreclosure and bankruptcy as a result.
Currently raising 4 kids in a rental house that has mice in the walls.
This is my only shot at a decent home for my kids. Trying to be smart. Started with $200 now @ 1k.
Trying to sift through the garbage shills is tough though.

100k dolla
i dont need lambos and shit, i just want to build a house for my wifu and stack of little white kidos.

I want to do this exact same plan.

Agreed. I think 100k for a house is pushing your luck a bit though isn't it? Where are you from? I know little about the housing market but in the UK average house is like 300k, and that's in GBP

Probably 1 million MINIMUM. Sounds like so much but honestly you could only probably live off it for 30-35 years if you were taking a measly 30K salary a year from it. Truly life changing money is about 3+ Million.

I hope you make it user. No one deserves to be brought up in a situation like that.

1 DOGE

lots of morons itt

The purpose of your investment capital is to generate more capital until it is big enough that you can stop working forever. If you consider any amount less than that to be life changing, then you're doing it wrong.

That's helpful...why?

35000€.
For starting a business.
I will start my life once i have that much, until then it's crypto, video games and masturbation.

I never worked a day in my life i must add.
>inb4 improving yourself/making money without being a wagecuck is work
lolno

a nice 100k

I would stop working if I had 5 mil, it's enough for me to live comfortably without busting my ass 5 days a week.

lol no. if you don't live in a 3rd world country, 100k is literally nothing, let me tell you that.

You need to make 500-1000k in cryptos before you cash out to have a meaningful amount.

First you have to, depending on where you cash out, pay taxes. roughly 30%. A proper flat, and I mean not even a "good" flat costs you about 150-200k€ in a remote area of a small citiy. buy 2-3 of those and rent them to people for steady income to have your money secured in assets. you don't need to take out anything of your cryptomoney before a decent amount in order to do this. You can throw the rent money into crypto again, but if everything goes to shit you don't mind because you are already set. have 50k-100k on your bank account to pay normal expenses over the course of some years without needing to flip pennies and depriving yourself of nice food and a decent care + repairs.

LEAVE THE REST IN CRYPTO, since there is a very good chance it will multiply again, so you're not btfod when it does because you cashed out everything like a moron.

so all in all, I'd say 1million + some brains to handle it properly will make you "make it" on a basic level where you never need to work again + secured against financial crisis etc. just don't waste your money on shit you don't need (luxury, new cars etc) and liabilities (wife, children etc). do not disclose your wealth to anybody.

be happy.

Depends on the current lifestyle. For someone in a poor country, a person with a sick relative with no health insurance or a student struggling to pay off his debt, 100k is definitely life-changing, because it changes the a large part of what the persons life has been about.

As for me, I cashed out 200k recently and it wasn't life-changing at all. I was already a millionaire before crypto and now I'll just increase my basic income from stock dividends by around 10k a year. Maybe I'll finally get rid of my crappy car and buy a decent used BMW, but that's about it. Life-changing would be around 10mil+.

4k currently

People who are in crypto just to cash out are not going to make it

I would never cash out completely

3 million

However much I need for passive income so I won't ever have to wagecuck in my life.And also help my parents.

Anything that frees you of your debt. The. You can live a neet lifestyle and do something you'd truly enjoy. That's my plan, cash out, pay off myortgage and take a low stress job

>implying all sums are after tax
at 200k ill quit my job temporarily (about 2 years) for travelling, having a real life etc
at 1m € ill start thinking about quitting my job forever (maybe doing something light for a few hours/month)
at 2m € ill most probably will quit my job forever
3m ill quit tomorrow and will never work in a usual slavery job again

£150k to buy a house or a flat. If I can escape paying rent or a mortgage my life suddenly becomes very easy.

Everyone here is delusional with the 100k targets.

Once you reach that, you think, this ain't shit. But then you start getting RED days where you're down 10% and you think it's going to keep going down and you got your finger on the sell button cuz you NEED this money and holy shit WHAT IF THIS IS ALL FAKE INTERNET BULLSHIT WHY AM I *TING* suddenly a green day happens again and you think you're holding the future again in your hands.

Let me tell you, the more you get the harder it gets. 100K ain't shit but it becomes way harder on you every day with every swing.

this is how i know you are poor

>invest the mill into 5% dividend paying bank stocks
>earn $50,000 every year for doing nothing
>historically bank stocks always go up so you make money from appreciation and thus more than 50k each year

1mill is an easy retired life for zero work

$1 million is life changing.
To stop working I would need ~$15 million.
To “make it” I would need $50 million

>Let me tell you, the more you get the harder it gets. 100K ain't shit but it becomes way harder on you every day with every swing.

I hear you brother. The swings get bigger as you get higher and it's terrifying thinking "nonono this is my new level please don't go back to what it was before"

>>lol no. if you don't live in a 3rd world country, 100k is literally nothing, let me tell you that.

I know, I never said otherwise. I was telling the aussie that if he made 10MM. Don't spend it in Australia, a country where 1MM is fucking nothing.

Australia is an overpriced shithole. Get out and go to any other country and the value of your money increases. I just said a decent house int he USA could be 100k, but even if it was 300k it's nothing considering SHIT HOUSES IN BAD PARTS OF SYDNEY ARE 1MM AVERAGE. Having 100k in Australia is basically poorfag territory.

You'd be mad to spend your gains in Australia, especially fucking Sydney or the other big cities. Get out and go overseas.

you bought a house with the money instead of with a loan and investing the money in dividend stocks

you could be retired right now with the house and making 60k pounds a year for no work

>AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
pic related, it's you

My life in a nutshell. Inb4 larp

It always depends upon your current life.
For a person who lives on the street it might be a place to sleep.
For someone who comes from a middle class family it might be not having to work anymore.
For someone who comes for a millionaire family, fuck do I know.

> To stop working I would need ~$15 million.

What kind of luxo-normie lifestyle do you lead that would require this much to even stop being a wagecuck.

Or he's secured himself regardless of how shitty of an investor he might be. He can lose it all now and still have a roof over his head. and a nice one.

You retards think that the numbers on a screen will help you when you need them the most.

Well, I live in middle Europe and wouldn't advise people to come here. Maybe Austria and eastern Europe countries like Hungary, Czech republik, Slovakia, Slovenia, Poland, if you are ready to learn the language. You'd live like a King there with that amount of money with a proper society with some values that keeps them togheter.

Just don't come to our Arab and Cuck-infested degenerate shithole western Europe countries and buy something that goes to shit in the next years. Literally meaning Germany, France, Sweden, etc. Buy property in Prague, Budapest and watch it rise in value dramatically over the next years.

Chose any other location than Germany & co.

5 million
should be enough to buy a decent house, support a family of 4 or less for 40 years or so

>buying stocks on the top

I just want the security to be able to stop working whenever and still live comfortably with nobody telling me what to do.
I would probably still work 100% but just to revel at the thought
Also
youtube.com/watch?v=rJjKP8vYjpQ

My swings went from a few hunfred bucks 3 weeks ago to wipe or add more than my monthly salary within hours.

Scary as shit, even though all of this is profit now and i could lose it all and not be out of my initial investment

2.5 million sterling

>>>/reddit/

If there's anyone who deserves to become a cryptomillionaire, it's you user. Godspeed.

Up to 30k a year is piss poor, 30-60k is livable but still poor. 60-100k is middle class, 100-250k is upper middle class. 250k-1mil, your business(es) are just getting good and if your success continues you will be rich in life. Not super rich, but rich. 1-10million a year is everyday run of the mill rich, anything past that I am unfamiliar with.
If you have a house paid off, all your toys paid for, etc. 2-5million is coastable for a long time.

hohohohoooo. so excited about this.
im still new, so swings of 1k bucks are something i have to check back on 2 mins later.

Just enough to pay off my debt and screw the bankers out of bleeding more interest $ from me.

One where I spend a shit ton of money on coke and hookers

I had no plans on moving to Germany or Europe anyways. I like France, but I know better than to buy there. I'd just holiday there.

USA is the place to buy. I'm aussie and I don't want to spend a cent of my gains in this shithole. I'd unironically rather move to an actual 3rd world SEA nation and live like a god over there.

I don't have much wants. After my divorce finalises, I'd be free of the financial drain that is marriage. My monthly cost is around $1,000. I've been piss poor before, and I know how to survive on less than $500. Once I cross $600k, I'll be set for life. Throw $500k into some dividend paying index funds that grows and pays me 2.5% per year, I can pretty much work any job that I fancy.

I don't plan on stopping work, but I pretty much say fuck you to work that I can't stand.

I will cash out only when i have 1.5 million, not before.

I have around 500K now

The countries I mentioned are actually decent. What about new zealand? I heard many aussies going there, also because not everything is overpriced as fuck and not everything literally wants to kill you.

Is the wife/ex wife aware of your crypto?

Separate but maybe related, is she seeking child support or alimony?

This shud be ever bizfags exit plan oncd they make enough, use your leverage to get mortgages on good multi senpai units

Thanks for the support.

New Zealand is slightly better than Australia if you want to cash out because better tax laws. But as an Aussie I couldn't do it, I don't think I could stand to be around NZers for that long.

I think if you are going to make the effort to move out of Aus, go all the way and move to the USA, not just over the pond to NZ which still has close ties with Aus and a lot of shared culture and bullshit laws. Also same problems as Australia with chinks buying shit up.

I'd buy property in the USA, and maybe seek permanent residency, and keep my wealth located there. But ideally get citizenship in one of those little tax haven islands. But where I'd live would be in asia, moving between Hong Kong, Thailand and Singapore for the fun life.

put it all in wanchain lad

i have 6000 wans from ICO will i make it

1.25 MM USD net of tax

Hit me in the feels. Thanks

i've got 60,000 wan so i hope so

with 3M usd i'm moving to Thailand, not working a single more day in my life

i'm 22 rn, i think i'll reach it in 2 years, less depending on the market and if my father gives me money to invest

You guys aware when WAN hits exchanges?

buddy, it's literally not possible to purchase a house here in my area for 100k. Houses are 400k minimum, 600k for a nice pad. 1 million is barely enough after you cash out and pay tax you're left with say 800k. So you have 200k left, nothing really.

Literally: DYOR, not memeing. Get convinced by solid tech fundamentals and actual usecase / low competition (probably like LINK). They will prevail. Avoid overhyped Asian shillcoins like Raiblocks if you are not an early adopter. Also talk some risks, 1k is pocket money and you can easily RE-earn this by working 40-50h/week.

70k is life changing for me. Not cashing out in full even then, will be taking -10% profits even before then since I hit 1 bitcoin.
Getting a mediocre house with a decent amount of land would cost 35k, pay off debt, have a small investment in pm, and get a decent computer + nintendo switch for 10k and I'd probably pay the other 25k in taxes.

Money is my only chance for actual freedom at this point. I'm tired of living at home, and I need a place to call my own.

for me, its 50 thousand

got house on seaside, just need some cash to renovate and im set for easy earnings from tourism

Damn user. That is harsh. Keep grinding.

100 million. Anything less and nothing would change.

you are poor

My portfolio hitting a million would be life changing for me. I’d literally be able to buy a house (Australian here and our houses are fucking expensive) but I’d probably rent to start off with. So yeah, a million and then I’d work on turning it into even more.

fuark man hope you make it.

No, she isn't aware of my crypto, not planning to cash out until divorce finalises.

No kids, giving her the house, probably nego a deal or something so that I don't have to pay alimony.

500,000 dollars.

>million dollar houses
I know that feel sir.

Which game?

100k dollars would definitely be life changing for me. It would allow me to buy some suits, buy a house (with a mortgage), and a small car.

3 million dollars and I wouldn't have to work again (although I would focus all my time on my own business).

portfolio hits 1.5 MM
cash out half
trade the other 750k balance forever, taking 1% profit to fiat every month for eternity if possible
other 750k I cash out is taxed, so 600k left after CG tax. pay off 400k mortgage, buy 100k vehicle, bank 100k for vacation and annual float and quit job

please god

at the seoul meetup jack mentioned the beta will run for a month so that puts the mainnet release around the 18th. that coincides with the btc miami conference so i guess it will get listed then.
the fomo is going to be unreal.

never tell her, she can sue for her "share" of the money because you "hid" it from her

the laws fucking suck for divorce

My own family doesnt know about my crypto.

>buy 100k vehicle

I guess you won't make it due to your fundamental lack of understanding of assets maintaining your money and liabilities to burn your money.

This guy gets it

>35k for decent amount of land

what country, user?

you right user, I never deserve to purchase my dream car even after hitting all my long term financial goals
and you're right again, i'm pretty dumb with finances, that's why I'm a financial advisor

FUCKING STOP IT ALREADY BTC
>tfw not ready for the KING

when I'm broke, $5 is life changing.

Anything less than 2 million and I'm still living the same life with different trappings.

5-10MM is fuck-you money if you move to low cost of living country (se asia, eastern europe)
30-50MM is fuck-you money in western nations

25k that would pay off all my high interest debt