BITCOIN CORRECTION OVER

Congrats to those that listened, seriously.

We're seeing BTC recover and rise. It may be rocky for a few days, but the insane altcoin market is now over with profits migrating to BTC.

>"BTC is trash and will continue to fall"
1st part yes, 2nd part no.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Unless this pump is caused by "free coins" or an ETF then alts will pump harder in the following days.

being this new

I feel sad for people who invest in this coin and miss out on massive gains in alts.

The opportunity cost of being in BTC is insane. Like even if you guys go back to 20k that's a fucking 25% gain, a quarter of a 2x. What's the point even?

>getting away without a correction
daytrading btfo

Look here: coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitcoin/#markets

The pump is caused only by people selling TRX to BTC. The volume is so high.

getting back into alts at a cheaper price?

Was about time, alt run has been ridiculous, so many overpriced shitcoins with a marketcap way above their potential.

be careful guys.

TRX is getting ready for breaking a new ATH. Check out what Henry tweeted. Good luck missing another x2 and afterwards blaming Veeky Forums again

nope, wrong again
t. had bitcoin since

You need to stop thinking people buying bitcoin do nothing but hold bitcoin.

If you're measuring your progress against the market as BTC in BTC pairs, holding alts for the past 24 hours would of netted you a loss of 25% on most large alts. This will continue. You maximise your position when (re)buying alts by preserving a larger BTC total.

how certain are you this isn't a head fake. seems low volume.

what's your month long price target

wow user thanks for the 9% i'm going to be rich

Yea this is bullshit to drag alts down so whales can buy them cheaper. This will go basically nowhere. BTC is ded

no wonder you think you're so smart, only retards holding whalecoin alts are losing money

>TRX/BTC
But TRX is pumping again a little too. How the fuck are they pumping at the same time? So people took profits in TRX therefore pumping BTC and all the other alt bots thought BTC was pumping for some other reason?

What the actual fuck. TRX killed my XLM and ETH.

I'm trying to mitigate you loosing 50% of your BTC value during the alt dip. If you don't care about this sit and watch coinmarketcap.com in nothing but USD values and feel comfy. If you'd like to see my fear in effect, put the value to BTC and see everything worthwhile in the red, some by a considerable amount.

80% honestly it could still dip back to 13k if someone really tried to keep it there, but it would make more sense now not to, especially after last week. I have no price targets, i don't think that can really be predicted. All i'm checking for is large scale shifts in the market to mitigate losses.

I'm currently up right now in 5 alts you flaming retard and none of them are whalecoins

Wish i was smart enough to hold shitcoins, user.

just admit BTC is dead and ETH and ripple will be competing for number 1

I just have to sum it up: You are fucking stupid if you don't sell your alts at their current peak because you are a greedy dimwit. Be smart and buy BTC right before the rally, selling all alts.

YOU CAN REBUY THEM AFTERWARDS FOR PROFIT. You WILL be BUTTFUCKED if you don't your alts will drop 5$ for every 2% rise in BTC.

Not taking this opportunity is just dumb.
>muh HODL!112
Missing out 25-50% gains for no reason and wasting lots of time until alts recover.

>The opportunity cost of being in BTC is insane. Like even if you guys go back to 20k that's a fucking 25% gain, a quarter of a 2x. What's the point even?

its not just about the gains, its about not getting your shit pushed in

Sure. But not today, user. Not this week.

Bitcoin will chop and change up to 20k alts should hold relatively stable until then, new buttcoin ATH is when we see the pink wojacks.

why do you bother to warn them
they dont listen
just let them learn the hard way

At this point 1k is only a small fluctuation. 2k surge will moderately disrupt alts. 3-4k will lead to a massive selloff of alts. If the resistances break, this will be massive if all that XRP money flows into BTC. I personally wouldn't want to miss this out getting holocausted on my alts. Seen it too many times now.

People who prefer ignoring this will learn it the hard way. If you ignore the trends you will be left behind in the dust.

kek, buttcoin maximalists are so dramatic.

nobody switching and timing the market in a non retarded way is a bitcoin maximalist. it is only a moron like you that doesn't know how and when to trade due to his lack of experience. altcoin maximalism is equally stupid. I do neither because I understand how the market works. it is not a matter of ideology but a matter of not being a retard

This. No product but billions in market cap. >"not a bubble"

this

not true at all. transactions for everything is picking up too quickly for shit to keep up, especially ETH right now.

new money is flowing into btc and then out of it into alts and this trend looks to continue to february where it looks like btc is forming a cup and handle pattern and well you know what happens next

This

Yes atleast this one called bitcoin

So even if at a loss exit alts and buy back later?
ETH gets pulled up with BTC too right?

ETH is always good and quite stable.

For the rest, especially those vaporware/hype alts I'd say yes. Rebuy them later at a bigger stack.

this

you are safe in eth neo and monero. i dont see btc taking off anytime soon. the fact its not going down below 13k should be the biggest relief for everyone

the ethereum bunker does its own thing because it's large and has its own fiat pair.

>not true at all. transactions for everything is picking up too quickly for shit to keep up, especially ETH right now.

those transaction aren't money flowing into eth.. it's cryptokitties et al. congesting the network

My £170k disagrees. Fuck what BTC does.

OP is reasonable and has followed the market for awhile.

no its not even about gas anymore. my withdrawal off binance hasnt processed after an hour, which hasnt happened to me since ive been using it. the volume into all alts is picking up. btc is not primed for liftoff this or next month

>muh I made some money in altcoin bullmarket where literally everything increased and everybody made shittons of money

Great, now the challenge is to secure the gains. Your 170k have a high probability to turn into 100k within 2 weeks for a period of 2 months until they recover if you ignore it. But this is your choice. Be a greedy fucker and get BTFO'd.

I've ridden many waves senpai.

Seriously though, thanks for your concern, but I'm not gonna start trying to time this market.

The choice is ok. Since eventually it will rise again anyway. Time passing always equals timing the market sooner or later.

You're not wrong. Transactions are up, market caps are up, ETH could keep rising. It's fiat pairings help this considerably.

But let's say i like NEM, i made some nice profits last few weeks and want to preserve all of it. Trading back into BTC and waiting a month is arguably a smarter, risk averse move right now. Most people on biz will probably be in a similar boat, in BTC pairing that are very susceptible to (and actually are) dropping their BTC value.

I've stated this previously in other posts, it's all about satoshi values and not everyone is measuring in that. This hinges on my expectation of BTC to outperform the dollar again in 2018 and rise anywhere above it's current position over the next week.

Thanks for the yous
I am still spooked about selling dipping alts for rising BTC. The red flag should be if BTC breaks like, what 17k this time? And then you ideally ride the slow wave up while most stuff dips I guess? I saw threads around the ATH but I am quaking about actually participating. The alt rebound in late December seemed pretty quick.

if there was an obvious answer, everybody would be rich already. you never know. selling right after the strong increases / in the middle of the btc bull run is probably less intelligent. I sold yesterday, accepting to miss out some gains, which were already covered in todays +1k spike. the trick is to always be 1 step ahead of the market and be patient and never greedy. I will patiently wait a few days sitting in BTC and some BCH waiting to see how it plays out. However, I didn't sell my ultra low volume alts like ODN.

I appreciate the explanation and will try to make it work for me then. Thanks.

>muh cryptokitties
every time

you know miners can just increase gas limits to fix it when it actually does hurt the network right? and they've done that multiple times and are still at 1MB blocks. really makes you think why the BTC devs can't do over a million txs a day with 1MB blocks, doesn't it.

How safe is ETH gonna be if BTC starts to really lift off? I'm getting the feeling that it can stand on it's own two feet at this stage.

Block size is not the only factor that has an impact on the amount of tx per second... Do you even know anything about blockchain tech?

Will probably correct short term 10-20% and recover mid term again if BTC really lifts off. Will probably drop steep like everything else for a while when BTC seriously crashes (which is unlikely at this point).

it can, and if it does dip significantly it presents a buying opportunity. we'll probably see 1k ETH in the next few days to weeks as an absolute min, and a couple months at the few worst if BTC goes autistic

I do I was just relating it to something BTC maximalists could understand, they aren't the smartest knives in the drawer. and it is pretty basic for dumb blockchains like BTC, with ETH it's more complicated but they already have alpha solutions for it like sharding and PoS. and before you say >muh lightning network, remember that your node has to be online to receive payments which means people will be forced to use centralized services (run by blockstream) instead of running their own full nodes.

All of this is so similar to May/June of last year it's eerie. Can we expect a drawn-out alt recession spanning a few months?

not likely, normies have discovered alts and bitcoin is no closer to solving its scaling problems

In my modest estimation, yes.
BTC still needs to rise a little more and remain stable at 16k+ to fully confirmed my suspicion though. It is still entirely possible to track down to 13k again. But most metrics i can see would indicate a altcoin pullback and bitcoin rising in dominance again.

Experience of that May / June is also informing my decision though. You;re right it is almost identical, beat for beat.

But the alts recover everytime, and then some.

Whales will harvests the newfags who are now euphoric on alts.
My only advice is to secure your initial gains in BTC, being 25% in it is a bare minimum imo.

who here #readyforblackfriday
gonna pick myself up some PRL and VEN

This..

These alts will all go back up soon after BTC even if it does go on a huge run here. Holding through this tired bullshit. I bet BTC doesn't break 17k anyways. Fuckin fossilcoin

Of course, but not everybody has the time to sit and watch charts and trade at all times of the day, and just have to hold alts through the storm.

> The opportunity cost of being in BTC is insane
The risk is the lowest though.

>20k drops to 10k

Damn. Nice risk management.

Why not just invest in stocks then dickhead.

You are the only person in this thread who gets it. No wonder why I'm making so much money because this whole market is full of fucking retards.

Agreed also. BTC controls this market. If BTC swings quickly in any direction the ALT market dumps. Accumulate more BTC against ALTs when BTC is sideways so when BTC goes up and all ALTs dip you can buy them cheaper on the BTC ratio.

Yes I can get 5x a coin but in the end I'm converting that to give me 4x times bitcoin, not USD.

Bitcoin has been around for a long time, it is not going anywhere. Bitcoin is king, always.

It's about not losing 50% or more if btc goes up for 2 weeks straight.
You're new I guess, alts can go down for months after a rush like this, it happened a few times even this year.

>muh marketcap

How many times do people have to tell you this market is trading IOUs, not bought wealth?

Already sold.

My portfolio went from 0% BTC to 65% (other 35% is ETH)

I fucking hate this coin, but I know it will be worth it when I dump my BTC back into my precious alts

If bitcoin breaks out of resistance next time and passes 16500 say goodbye to all your alt gains.

When BTC passed 15500 resistance earlier, that was your time to get back into BTC.

You guys are gonna cash out your 21 Bitcoin for 21 USD in a few years and remember all the people who told you sats didn't matter and feel like necking yourself.

>Yes I can get 5x a coin but in the end I'm converting that to give me 4x times bitcoin, not USD.

Yes, that's because you have low IQ. Intelligent people cash out to fiat.

Christ ETH really is pumping, that chart is amazing. I know you think that is going down, but you are stupidly using something that measures in sats. In USD (the only pairing that matters) that is going up immensly. And most importantly, the PERCENTAGE of ETH's pump is more than BTC.

>BTC has to gain ETH's entire price 10 fucking times just to 2X itself
>meanwhile even at it's ATH ETH has to go up just 1k to 2x.

TRX is not fucking pumping right now. It's been dipping for like 10 hours straight. I'm down 40% of what I put into it and I have no choice but to leave it in there until it goes back up now.

ETH has been doing its own thing more often lately. Exchange-issued cryptos like BNB/KCS tend to not move as much during BTC rises, KCS fell 10% last night but it was already in the middle of a downtrend during a consolidation phase, now it's sitting at about +2%. In contrast, the other alts in my portfolio (ELF and XRB) got raped.

why not go for USD and sats. It's not like this movement originates from an attempt to move away from fiat?

Lol you assume I don't cash out to USD regularly to enjoy my money? Of course I do. You think I'm holding BTC because I think it's the number one coin? No you fool, BTC is shit IMO with transaction fees etc but it's what you have to trade against to maximize your gains and minimize loss.

Thank you for yesterdays signal, user. Pulled my dick out of XRP, XLM and ADA just in time and switched back to BTC.
Currently enjoying all the Wojaks.
:)

tfw too scared to move alts into btc because the one time i did btc immediately started tanking and i lost like $20k

Boom. Enjoy your pink wojaks boys.

I'll be buying your ALTs back cheaper in a few hours.

You don't have to be an eggspert to tell there's no support for another 20% liftoff in either

>all those fake sell walls
we will definitely hit 20k soon

Same, glad I dodged that bullet.

how fucking dumb are altcoin hodlers?

just get btc and rebuy 5 times as many of those coins when they are down

do those people hate money or what's their problem?

is this a good time to buy BTC?

They falsely believe BTC is dead.

There's no way that holding btc through altcession is worth 50% capital gain tax for every trade, especially now that btc is at 200b marketcap. btc would have to go up by at least other 200b to justify eating the taxes.

this is exactly what i did.
300% gainz on my bitcoin this week.
cant wait to buy back into ALts later.

this is just a result of ethereum rising

remember normbase only have access to 4 coins

nice !

it won't be as bad, no. people lost a lot of confidence in BTC with its performance over the last month or so, the conflict/FUD with BCH, and more normies have been exposed to the altcoin market and understand there's a lot more out there besides just the big, namebrand Bitcoin.

I think we'll be lucky to see ~$18k BTC tops before it starts to retrace down. I don't think this will be an alt-apocalypse. Can still make money if you had sold certain alts and rebought them a bit cheaper (15-20% maybe?) but it won't be like May/June I'm almost sure of it.

they seriously hate money.

Is it too late to sell my alts for btc that have currently netted me a profit?

Holding my losing alts is the right play yeah?

No one would be stupid enough not to buy cheap alts now they've seen the alt megamoon december to january.

trying to time the market, when will you learn.

BTC will keep it's tremendous 10% gains!! and i'll be up 300% by the end of the year on alts.

Don't be a pleb, profit.

Exactly, making more BTC from pumping ALTs waiting for the dormant king to return is the way to do it.

When the dormant king awakes from his bed of gold he slaughters all altcoins to a bloody death. Then once the king decides to take a nap, the altcoins are bought back at a huge discount.

This is how you make $$$.

Doesnt even understand basic concept of price and marketcap

16,750 SOON

you are beyond retarded.

every single cycle it has been the same: btc rises, alts go down. after btc has risen for some time THEN alts go up. there's no need to time it since you have enough time to switch.

don't be a subhuman, use someone else's brain (since you don't have one)

Please answer this! I fell for a couple of memes