Facts about BTC

No one cares if it is slow.
No one cares if it has "high fees"
No one mentions how you can choose to pay lower fees, albeit the transaction will take much longer. But sometimes that is just fine. Moving 5 or 6 digits worth of USD around with a couple dollars is not possible otherwise.
No one mentions how despite lacking all the bells and whistles of other tokens, that the other tokens have almost zero real life usage.
Bitcoin is a tangible real tested asset that many people who actually matter can agree has value.
Your random pajeet shitcoins no one has heard about is not respected outside of the smelly filth of your neet bubble.
Bitcoin will reach 20k, 50k, and 100k within 2 years and there is literally nothing you can do to stop it.
Bitcoin offers an asset that you can invest many thousands if not more worth of USD into with the conviction that it will be around in 2, 3, and 5 years from now.
Bitcoin offers conviction you will not experience with pajeet shitcoins.
You will never feel comfortable investing 100k into (another decentralize app platform with zero adoption).
You will absolutely feel comfortable buying Bitcoin at literally any arbitrary point in time, knowing it will absolutely go up on a long enough time horizon.
Bitcoin will exist after the world financial collapse that is planned to occur on or before 2020.
Bitcoin only dies if humanity dies.
Your shitcoins die once whales and their pajeet bottom feeders stop shilling them.

If you do not own BTC, LTC, ETH, or LINK you will not make it long term. Everything else These are the first movers in the 4 main axes of human communication:
1) store of value
2) commerce
3) utility
4) cross-compatibility

Now fuck off to your Chinese exchanges you access with your VPN, sell at a loss, and buy some real coins.

Hijacking

This thread is now about how we rename buttcoin to normiecoin.
>dat filename

There has been a massive influx of normie fags this past few months, few know big time traders measure there profits in BTC for a real fucking reason

>If you do not own BTC, LTC, ETH, or LINK you will not make it long term.
>BTC, LTC, ETH, or LINK
>LTC

please Pajeet, tell me which shitcoin I should invest in instead!

Everyone talks about how slow BTC is but I don't think they realize how much lightning network, channel factories, Schnorr signatures, will improve the transaction times/costs. There are lots of rich autists working on improving BTC scaling 24/7 and people really underestimate that.

this is why 98.7% of assets are holding bitcoin
the rest is fun money to ride the ups and downs

>implying it's acceptable to pay more and wait longer than needed to move money based on name recognition alone
>implying there are no viable alternatives to BTC for moving large sums of money quickly and cheaply
>implying BTC isn't going to collapse this year as more advanced platforms gain traction and its lack of scalability becomes a business-critical problem

also name one other coin that has a fucking satellite

first >
its not. this is why solutions are being worked on by very smart and wealthy people to resolve this.
second >
there are, but you must choose either fast and expensive (% relative to amount moved) or slow and not as expensive, where as with BTC you can choose slow and cheap (orders of magnitude less %).
third >
if youre business planning time horizon relies on BTC to function in some meaningful way in 2018 that is not readily available otherwise then you business was doomed to fail despite BTC (because the business owner is fucking retarded)

yes there are many cool tidbits about BTC I failed to mention like this. pretty badass desu.

>Pajeet
Close, but not quite...

>LINK

>If you do not own BTC, LTC, ETH, or LINK you will not make it long term.
>LINK
>L
>I
>N
>K

>you must choose either fast and expensive (% relative to amount moved) or slow and not as expensive
Or, you know, you could choose fast and cheap.

the only other things close to LINK are pie in the sky delusional projects like IOTA

so you tell me

>LINK

8/10 nice try

You’re delusional if you don’t think that REQ could replace LTC for commerce. And you’re also neglecting niche uses of coins and tokens like in the case of FUN, XMR, XLM, ENG, and many others.

>Bitcoin will 5x within 2 years
Uhhh.. Cool...
Let me just check my delta........
>Each coin has 5x in the last month
Oooh ahah hah ehehehe ehhehehee lololh ahahaha ahdfkfas

you can do that now with coins that are not accepted at most meaningful places of commerce, or with cash, or with digital cash like paypal.

you cannot do that currently with bitcoin.

in the future we can, and it wont be a choice, it will be the default experience. (meaningful segwit implementation, LN, etc)

Lightning network is vaporware. Thats why most of the old school bitcoiners are in BCH

Already happening. BTC is basically dead in ecommerce.

what are the absolute returns? did you put in any real amount of money for those 20x, 100x, 5000x shitcoin returns? or were they perhaps 100 dollar lottery tickets you forget you even had that will amount to a month's worth of living expenses at best? you missed the fact that you will not invest 1million into a random shitcoin with conviction, but would feel more at ease doing so with something like BTC or ETH.

What happens when the big blocks get full?

>big time traders measure there profits in BTC for a real fucking reason

And that reason is because most exchanges only have a BTC market.

What about when people en-masse start using decentralized exchanges built on Ethereum? Probably not so great for BTC at that point.

BCH doesnt reject layer 2 solutions. They just chose to not be an unusable shitcoin in the meantime. Ligning isnt coming before 2019 by the way.

t. actual coder who knows LN is an overly complex shitshow

>most exchanges only have a BTC market.

i wonder why

this is not true

old school bitcoiners are split and both sides have good points

yea im a fuckin millionaire bro thats why i spend all my time on Veeky Forums like you

I'd feel more at ease going all-in on a moon mission and waiting a couple weeks to 5x my money than waiting forever watching Bitcoin oscillate downwards.

then we fork to bitcoin cash part 2 the electric boogaloo duh

Because they are shady shit exchanges that dont want to deal with regulation on having fiat pairs for 200+ scamcoins.

1. People do care if its slow. I love moving 20Gs and its being dust in the wind for a day or two. This is the fucking forefront of technology were talking about here, the evolution of money. I can move
2. Who the fuck doesnt care about high fees. If there are 40 shitcoins from india that move my money faster for less you should be very fucking worried.
3. When is the last time you paid with something in BTC, who was the last major commerce hub that started accepting it.

SELL ME THIS FUCKING COIN. Seriously, besides it being the first...people are entering the crypto space so quickly right now and learning about everything else. Sell me this coin, what is it good at.

Hi Roger

I have $150k in a shitcoin that went 10x, but I can't cash back into BTC without crashing the whole thing.

Just use the real bitcoin, user.

The beauty of this space is nobody needs to sell you shit, BTC is going to remain king for the foreseeable future regardless of your ignorance/low quality bait

It is good at tricking people into believing it is good. also 260bn market cap so plenty of room for huge gains!!!111!!!1

Lightning is coming out this year, and they are already successfully running test transactions so it's clearly not vaporware. Any retard can be a coder(who even calls themselves "coders" lmfao) so those are meaningless credentials

its the only coin on the market that isn't controlled

nuff said

You must know newcoiner.

t. in since 2012

They haven't even solved routing on the Lightning "network".
You can send back and forth btc in a channel with the party you created the channel with but actually routing that transaction to a third party multiple hops removed from you is not solved.

grow up man

people get into bitcoin for different reasons

people like you and roger ver got into bitcoin to make fast cheap payments. and thats fine

other people got into bitcoin for decentralized money.

It sucks, I stopped owning ETH because I don't like ruskis but then I poured a lot into LINK and feel like a hypocrit. Maybe I will buy a small amount.

>Limited nuclear war breaks out in Southeast Asia
>EMP strikes knock out power and fry networks for hundreds if not thousands of miles from the target areas
>Exchanges go down as Internet is lost and hardware is cooked from extremely high amounts of microwave radiation that even a piss-ant sized bomb can deliver
>Billions of dollars in cryptos are lost, never to be recovered

THIS COIN IS EVERYTHING YOUR MOTHER WISHED YOU WERE

>nuclear war breaks out
>still worried about Crypto

So this is the power of Capitalism?

I'll take "Failure To Grasp Simple Abstract Concepts" for 1000, Alex

Here's my pitch: first mover advantage for a thing that appreciates greatly in value vs fiat compared to literally all other investment vehicles maybe besides criminal enterprise, and lottery.

What are people learning about? That 99% of tokens are app platform tokens, or sub tokens there of? That most developers are trying to get rich by developing the tool that other developers use to make useful things (which no one is). That 99% ERC20 tokens and their counterparts on other platforms are clearly get-rich scams, profiting the "inventors" most, and following a greater fool theory down into oblivion? That these projects all have beyond out of control scope that cannot be surmounted by mortal hands within any reasonable time frame?

They're learning nothing.

>the absolute state of corecucks
If Lightning ends up working perfectly - which is a big if - only banks and megacorps will be able to run proper nodes, brainlet.

Wanna run a major Lightning node that has channels with 1000 users that put in 0.5 BTC on average? That would be 500BTC please. Oh and comply with your countries KYC regulation please.

As usual no rebuttal from corecucks.

>mfw in 2 months when BTC hits 5k

dude bcash is only marginally better for payments than btc and it is way more centralized

it's one of the shittiest altcoins on the market

if you would open your eyes you could be getting in on these sick altcoin gains instead of shilling of shitty coin like bcash while roger cums on your face

sorry you forgot to add 5. XRB instant, free, scalable. Ppl won't pay for $30 transaction fees when they know XRB offers $0 fees

You are fucking retarded.
t.actual coder and consultant with a computer science PhD

You can’t call it vapourware when it’s an actual working product now.

liquid.io doesn't seem to have a problem hosting a gazillion fiat pairs.

As expected no rebuttal in this post. You cant claim decentralization as your talking point while supporting LN which nodes can only be run by banks in practice.
You repeated HURR CENTRALIZED which is of course not true since BCH can and will call on all the sha256 miners out there (all of Bcores miners). And centralization due to blocksize wont happen for years until which point actual, non banker, layer 2 solutions can and will be implemented while stying 100% functional until that point.

>it's one of the shittiest altcoins on the market
By saying this you directly rape your earlier post since bch is the same as bitcoin except with working transactions. BitcoinCore is the shittiest coin in the market.
Alts cant take its place yet as actual ecommerce needs a coin that is battle tested for 9 years. At some point an alt will take over but for now it will be actual bitcoin.

Dude Im not even trying to convince you I've been in this since 2012 and already a multi millionaire. Its just cringy seeing newbies cling to the fake segwit bitcoin for price alone.
Core literally can't win this, Im sorry you bought after the fork.

They haven't even solved routing on the Lightning "network".
You can send back and forth btc in a channel with the party you created the channel with but actually routing that transaction to a third party multiple hops removed from you is not solved.

Hi Roger

lol wtf are you talking about

bitcoin is literally the only decentralized coin on the market. that makes it the best in my book

i exited my free bcash at 0.2. if it goes higher than that i dont really care because i already made way more profit from other alts than i would have by holding bcash

Roger got in in 2011.

Pie in the the sky. So tell me.... Why would the United Nations and the world economic forum be interested in IOTA? Hmm stay poor faggerito

going to burn through 17k

>bitcoin is literally the only decentralized coin on the market
>Controlled entirely by one dev team under Blockstreams whip
>Core directly engaging in massive censorship on all big forums
>developing lighting "network" while ruling out 100% of all other scaling options
>LN nodes can only be run by banks and megacorps in practice
Whew, much decentralization

Phd in math here
Make 300k any job I want

hes sold all his bitcoin by now, thats why he's been pumping alts so badly and trying to cause so much trouble for bitcoin. he's never shown any proof of his bitcoin holdings for the past couple of years now.

>blockstream fud

debunked so many times lol zzzzz

So maybe I'll be able to mine btc on my 480. Sweet

if you think it'll go up forever then it'll never become a currency therefore ur original point is null u useless faggot

good, fast, cheap.

>pick 2.

>lowly cuckold thinks hes entitled to proof of based vers holdings

lmao nice arguments normie

You are right, Bitcoin is an asset. But please don't use the "it'll go up forever!" argument. There'll be a point in the future where the value of Bitcoin will plateau off. This is good however as it'll actually encourage spending Bitcoin rather than hoarding it.

RaiBlocks covers all three.

Of course it wont become currency. Corecucks fall for and pivoted to the store of value meme.

>calling people cuckolds
>literally ver's bitch online
i never asked for proof, he just doesn't own any bitcoin anymore. simple.

old school bit coiner here... BCASH is for

1. faggots

2. n00bn00bs

3. shills.

Why don't you show bitcoin as its grown in absolutes instead of the percentage against the entire crypto market? I don't think anyone is expecting BTC to be the entire crypto market... Kind of a strawman argument.

>RaiBlocks
cheap and quick, maybe

Fuck it hurts

> 98.7% of assets are holding bitcoin

Did you leave out a word?

lel. If he sold half his BTC he would have 100k BTC and 300k BCH now

u r retard I am post-doctoral data science and u r dumb
t. actual faggot shitposting on Veeky Forums

Bitcoin would easily still be 50%+ if it were to actually function. Blind BTC followers should imagine for a minute about where the price would be if bitcoin still had 1 cent 10 min transactions, if Core hadn't intentionally crippled it. Since all they care about is price

he's got the typical late-adopter mindset.

he already sold it all, and he got a lot more bcash than that for it.

but really, if youve been in bitcoin for as long as you claim (you haven't) then you wouldn't give a shit about bitcoin or bcash because you're already rich enough to not give a shit. the fact that you have spammed this thread with so much political/propaganda shit for bcash means you're desperately trying to make money pumping/dumping coins.

you\re not fooling any of us real early adopters with this amateur hour shit.

>Your shitcoins die once whales and their pajeet bottom feeders stop shilling them.
yes those will die, the good shitcoins will not

You the Market Maker now. Play God and run over weak hands

no dude you dont understand

hes a multimillionaire who trolls Veeky Forums and has dozens of roger ver and bcash propaganda memes on his computer just because he's trying to save his Veeky Forums bros from blockstream

always buy food and ammo before crypto

Whew still no arguments. Literally every time with corecucks.
Like pottery

I went against the grain 2012 by going into btc when people would laugh about it. Now normies are piling into failing slowcoin BTC and I have no qualms about backing the right horse again despite ill informed laggards opinions.

>muh rich people don't use the internet meme

t.University of Phoenix Grad

Happening

nobody "uses" crypto dumbass

i bounce around between alts for huge gains

but everyone will always come back to bitcoin in the end because it's the decentralized king

nobody feels safe with a coin controlled by roger ver and that mining chink

>miners need an incentive to actually uphold the authenticity of the network vs fucking off to mine some random pajeet shitcoins

wow what shocking viewpoint someone better get that madman in restraints

fast and cheap comes with the cost of your investment tanking 30%

my bad, its so obvious now!

arguments for what? you havent posted shit worth arguing about, just a bunch of memes and claims of being an early adopter (which no bcash shills can ever prove, surprise).

and if you were early into btc you should realize that bcash is under no circumstance ever going to take over bitcoin, they're both using 10 year old code bases, and only one is interested in moving forward with scalability, while the other is concerned only with capacity.

if there was ever an exodus from bitcoin, it would never be to a clone of bitcoin, no cash, no litecoin, no dash, none of that old shit. it's so blindingly obvious anyone who argues otherwise has to be trying to pump their own shit.

>I bought in Q4 2017, the post
Brainlet, we used to measure BTCs success in actual business adoption. Just a year ago you could pay for countless goods and services online and even IRL in some places and especially Japan.
All that is completely dead. Tere is no coin with real ecommerce adoption anymore due to BTC.

and yet there are more transactions now than ever before. regardless of how satoshi titled his whitepaper, bitcoin from the very beginning was simply not designed with mass transaction capacity in mind. it's obvious to anyone who has even looked trivially at it's architecture.

No one cares you make a lot less money if you hold BTC either lol

>quick maffs
Who makes more money?
Miner that mines a block with 1000 TPS and 50 cent fees per tx or miner that mines block with 11 TPS and 30$ fees per TX.

I would link the posts satoshi himself made on this but whew lad.

BTC was planned for global adoption from the getgo

fees are overshadowed by the block reward in most cases, and a decentralized network still carries more value that a much smaller centralized one. that's also ignoring the fact that bcash is in another universe from having 1k transactions/s and 50c fees. nobody is using it.