Are you happy with delta/blockfolio?

sup Veeky Forums
tell me if you want this (i feel like my time is spent better trading and researching altcoins but if there's demand for it i'll do it)

i have a functioning app that lets you track your portfolio with data from cmc
i'm thinking about adding api support for kucoin and binance to automatically track a portfolio

i feel like an ape typing everything into blockfolio and delta and now i'm back to excel

do you really enjoy blockfolio? i mean it's just stupid having to do it all manually

it's not fun putting hundreds of hours into something just to see 5 downloads so either leave a comment or ignore this if you're happy with blockfolio

I would be interested, but am 99% sure either Delta or Blockfolio will set up exchange api's soon.

good project to add to your porfolio but imo wouldn't have much legs to compete unless you can think of some more unique features

please

both delta and blockfolio such dick shit fuck

please

I just want something that's precise.
Delta lets me account for fees when recording transactions, but it rounds everything and also doesn't account for transfer between exchanges so it's still very imprecise and leaves me with odd pennies and coin fractions in my portfolio.
Can you please make it possible to track all the transactions of a coin precisely? I'm perfectly fine with doing it manually, I just wish I could do it.

I hate you OP... you make me feel incompetent. I know how to code but all ive been doing for the past few months is monitoring the next shitcoin pump to ride.

I feel sick and disgusted about my coding level. Fuck.

i sure don't like the current portfolio tracking apps but i'm in the same boat as you as far as time/motivation. you already have a working product though? sheeiiit. nodejs? the only thing you don't have rn is hitting an exchange with the user's api key to get their balances?

if you update prices as fast as possible and use sockets to push changes automatically in realtime to the ui your app will be unbeatable, i'll pay for that shit

I use blockfolio when on-the-go and I don't mind it. I have a custom-made google sheet that pulls api data to track my portfolio which is the main tool I use when i'm at home or if i want 100% accuracy.

I also don't overtrade like a spaz so I don't really mind having to populate blockfolio trades manually every now and then

But yeah OP. I dont care if this is a fucking premium app. Actually, make it premium so that the plebs cant buy in and we wont have any problems with the server being overloaded.

looking GOOD OP love you for putting in this time and effort for us coding brainlets, if you setup a donate I'm sure many people would be willing to donate you some crypto for your efforts

It's not even a shill thread but I approve of this shilling for an actual functioning app. Thank you for learning to code for us retarded apes, OP. Doing some good work here.

Fuck free apps. OP's app will literally get overloaded and be unusable like Blockfolio. Make this premium OP so that people who pay will be satisfied (no server overload) and you'll profit.

why wouldnt i use a 'folio app made by a woman instead op?

Do it and post address where we can donate you once you get the app to release.

the prices are always like 10% off. i cant trust what im looking at. make it accurate and i will use it

>// an int is a number without a decimal! ;D

FKIN LOL

I'm interested, user. Blockfolio fucking sucks, doesn't even update balances properly

you know what i would like to see OP, how much your holdings are worth based on the current buy orders (i.e. if you market dumped it right now, how much bitcoin you would get) since that is really how much your stuff is actually worth at any given point in time

and women wonder why there's a pay gap

>return 0;
>puts comment this line returns the value zero
Lmao, fucking women.

One feature that would put you way over the competition in my book is if you could set alerts for when specific coins change a certain percentage in a specified amount of time. So for example you could set an alert to go off if XLM dips 20% in one day.

Currently Blockfolio and Delta allow you to set alerts when a coin reaches a certain price, but that's not quite as useful imo

You mean like CoinStats?

BitUniverse does this

yes

if you make money trading crypto then don't feel bad

just native android (i'm cheap and had no money back then so everything is handled on the device)
cmc offers an easy rest api if you want to play around with its great
the codebase needs to be restructured which is a pain in the ass but if that's done adding more exchanges won't be a problem
and yes that's the only thing that's missing

that sounds like a killer feature i will look into that

i'm cheap so there would be no servers, everything would handled on you phone directly with the exchange

thanks, i just want to make something great so i won't advertise bs until it's done

that's like the hardest decision free or paid
but i'll decide when the app is done

omg there was an image with her showing what she's coding.. i mean she's encouraging others so no hate but it was just embarrassing come on

if the socket thing will work out i'll make sure to add that

>XRP

OP confirmed bag holder

this is encouraging thank you Veeky Forums

i'll continue and when it's done i'll make sure to let you know

fuck them, i listen to real users and i'll make mine better than that, the app Veeky Forums deserves

>for example you could set an alert to go off if XLM dips 20% in one day
oh so fucking EVERY DAY SINCE I BOUGHT IN 2 DAYS AGO FML GNA KMS

i don't think sockets will work unless you have your own backend, most exchange api's don't have sockets and limit you to max 10 requests a minute

if i were building this app i would have a backend server that collates all exchange data from every different exchange by sending requests once every 10 seconds. then the backend connects to the clients through sockets which push changes every time there is an update

a small vps server costs $5 a month, use that at first and charge $1.99 or something for the app, pretty soon you'll be able to upgrade to a better server if necessary

but this is my vision, you do you brah

:^)