Alright Veeky Forums

Alright Veeky Forums

Talk to me straight, I went all in on this at around 17.5k sats trying to buy the dip and its further dipped to around 15.5k sats now, my USD loss is fine but the btc loss isnt good, and ill need a 20% increase in the price ratio between them before i can even break even BTCwise, is this gonna happen or should I bite the bullet?

My own views - no fucking way HODL til kingdom come, but fuck it I'm still fairly new (4 months) and advice is always okay.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2018/01/04/technology/bitcoin-ripple.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hold it you pussy bitch. Ripple will have several big announcements in the near future which will send xrp to new ATH's

If you bought into XRP, XLM, REQ, LINK, or TRX looking to make a quick buck, you fucked up to begin with. These are long term holds, 2-3 years.

Household names coming apparently. And never, ever sell at a loss. Every single shitcoin I've ever bought has recovered from a dip post ATH.

yeah I thought this, when is that news expected?

I get this, have been trading into and out of ripple since i started. wouldn't mind not being in the red though.

Look man, we all go through red times. The only thing that guarantees green is investing in high potential tech for the long term and holding through the dips. Everything else is a big risk. Almost everyone on this board is a wannabe daytrader, and that is how they end up burning themselves. They buy good tech, but trade it for a shitcoin and when the good tech pumps and doesn't come back down they end up salty.

Play it smart, play it safe, play it long. Invest in high potential use cases backed by reputable teams and partnerships. This is literally the best advice you'll ever read on Veeky Forums. Good luck out there.

Something big is coming in 4 days
Hodl

One other thing, if you want to know what the future holds for XRP wait until the JBC pilot ends on January 31st, and if they decide to adopt, hodl. If they bail, you'll probably want to get out until another large pilot begins.

>wouldn't mind not being in the red though.
Then gtfo out of crypto. If you can’t handle a few days of red, you are a get rich quick newfag.
Leave and kys

When did you buy? I bought yesterday and yeah I'm down. But no way am I even contemplating selling yet. Especially with bitcoin booming for absoletly no reason by christmas fags finally getting their coinbase accounts verified and paying with credit cards/bank accounts and having to wait 9 days before they clear!

it goes back to 2000 sats. sorry.

buy a scam coin, get scammed. sorry bud, you're fucked

More on this.

If i couldn't handle it I'd have sold by now, post something useful.

ripple is just a hedged bet against btc, you never go all-in on anything.

SEL IT RIGHT NOW.

NO BANKS ARE USING RIPPLE

NO BANKS HAVE ANY PLANS TO USE RIPPLE

SOURCE: THE NEW YORK TIMES

Robinhood just had an article pumping xrp to be the next bitcoin. Hold for the sake of sog. Normies millions incoming.

HODL. XRP is a long term hold.

RIP SHIT IS GOING BACK TO .00005 BTC

Yesterday during dip, was up about 20% whilst asleep (FUCK)

fake news

WHAT?

ITS ON THE WEBSITE.

IT SAYS OUTRIGHT RIPPLE IS A SCAM.

NY TIMES WOULD NOT PRINT THAT IF IT WEREN’T TRUE.

>believing a NYT reporter who has repeatedly been called out for blatant lies and bogus anonymous sources for the last 3 fucking years
Enjoy staying poor. I'll call you from my private jet in 2021.

ITT

Yes, from the New York Times, it’s fake news

BRO NO BANKS ARE USING XRP THAT’S A FACT. NOT AN OPINION.

THE RIPPLE PEOPLE SRE RUNNING A HUGE SCAM.

Stop, this is nocoiner propaganda

Yea this article is sure to make the normies run for the hills.....

ITS ON THE FUCKING WEBSITE BRO. ITS NOT FAKE.

READ IT FOR YOURSELF.

NO BANKS ARE USING XRP.

We'll see how the JBC pilot ends on January 31st, until then, you can blow your FUD out of your ass. That reporter is about as reliable as a loose fart when you've got the flu.

NAME A BANK USING XRP.

THE REPORTER COULD NOT FIND ONE.

None are and thats common fucking knowledge you fucking child. It is being piloted. Holy shit youre fucking retarded.

BOOM HEADSHOT
just the headline alone probably made turned normie cock into diamonds fueled by FOMO

NTY says a lot of shit and is also wrong about a lot of shit

HOLY SHIT ARE YOU DUMB?

THEY’RE PILOTING RIPPLE TECHNOLOGY NOT XRP TOKENS.

XRP TOKENS IS WHAT YOU BUY WHEN YOU “BUY” RIPPLE.

READ THE DAMN ARTICLE

JESUS

Yelling user means $XRP.
Ripple themselves say it on their Twitter. The banks are using ripple, but they aren't using $xrp.

No... you don’t understand, NYT is bad journalism. Fake news

Ripple has already stated that XRP is used on their network pilots and will be required for their customers. Banks that choose to adopt will buy large amounts of XRP to facilitate the transfers. Each transfer burns a fractional amount of XRP during the process, this adds value to XRP. The more FIs using Ripple, the less there will be in circulation.

I'm not going to explain any more fundamentals to you, you're obviously a fucking idiot who has done 0 research.

just hold, ripple will be colossal, this dip is nothing compared to what it will be in the future

you can't beat the jews, u should know that by now, so u might as well get rich with them

No they haven’t. See

There’s no hope for you. You’ll hold all the way to 0. I’m trying to warn you, it’s a scam.

Wrong. Ripple needs XRP. XRP doesn't need Ripple. You've got it backwards.

Youre right theyre not, and Im rich because of it. So what?

When i transferred Ripple today, it was there in 4 seconds.

With all the fucking traffic in transffered

IN 4 FUCKING SECONDS.

And you are talking about banks and (((((NYT)))))?

Clearly this is a good product and has it's value

But you can’t transfer all of your ripple.

Thats weird because I transferred 120k XRP to my physical wallet with 0 issues.

>10XRP
what the fuck i keep atleast 50 n gatehu just fucking cause, fuck this poor normie nig

XRP will never work for its intended purpose. It is funamentally flawed as the currency is deflationary. People are not buying it to use to purchase items but instead because irrational exuberance. Who would use a currency that is constantly increases in value to facilitate a purchase when it doesn't save you its expected future value in transfer cost? XRP offers no advantage to the consumer and that is what you actually need for liquidity. How else does this liquidity pool exist? USD is currently the reserve currency because the US forces everyone else to buy oil in it. Therefore everyone wants USD. If XRP/Ripple technology is adopted it will be re-implemented by the fed as fiat 2.0. Not adopted by banks to transfer money. That is expressely against their interest as they apparently can't print more XRP.

Listen to me or don't I have no horse in this race.

It's a bull market but eventually it will stabilize with a few major players.

XRP's intended purpose isn't consumer-level, user. Although that could be a potentiality years in the future, the intended market is internal bank transfer and wire service. It's not very attractive to small banks that don't do much internal transfers, but large banks can save a metric fuckton of overhead by implementing Ripple as their primary internal transfer system. If they do adopt, they contract into buying a large amount of XRP to facilitate the transfers and are restricted from recirculating the currency in public exchange. This alone gives the currency value, and the banks could care less if the price goes up or down after their initial contract, because they already calculated the overhead savings and cannot publicly trade it anyways.

Once you use it there's no going back. XRP is real man's money.

Not even FUDing. Quit Ripple while you still can

is this fun for you

I take no joy in seeing others suffer and lose money. They could be using that to make gains and feed their family.

>XRP's intended purpose isn't consumer-level, user
I know. In order to accomplish it's intended purpose it would need to have someone to eventually trade the XRP for fiat on the other end. Although I suppose there is no reason XRP can't be used at a consumer level if merchants begin accepting it for goods/services there is no advantage to the consumer. In fact, for the consumer it is worse than VISA.

Especially if the banks aren't allowed to sell their XRP to consumers. . .There will be two seperate pools of XRP? One used by the banks for intercurrency transfers and then the consumer one? Seems even MORE like a scam.

Ripple 10k in a few years.

Enjoy all other cryptos getting banned by then.

Let us be very clear here.

New York Times says that banks are adopting Ripple tech. Compare that to your shit coin and tell me again that XRP will fail before yours!

What cryptocurrency will the US military use when it needs to maintain an international presence, move men and materials, and project power?

XRP

Remember we are still in early stages of development. There is no need to assume there won't be QoL improvements made down the road to improve consumer-level experience. If your bank offers consumer XRP transfers, they will also offer XRP to USD exchange.

>There will be two seperate pools of XRP?
Not necessarily, the banks just won't be able to dump XRP on exchanges. They could still use it to exchange internally from XRP to USD, basing it on market value, which adds even more incentive for the bank if XRP value increases over time.

I know it sounds like I'm shilling hard, but there really are good use cases for XRP now and in the future.

Ripple tech =/ XRP

Just have some patience. Wait until bitcoin crashes back to 13k again at the very least!

So, in summary, XRP is heading north, can we expect another ATH within a week, a month?

Just HODL, unless something about the coin itself surfaces like its easily hacked or something. Otherwise if a shitcoin like BTC can still go up in value it means literally nothing matters.

Ripple went up an insane amount last year in spite of countless times when Bitcoin mooned and crushed its gains. But at the end of the year it simply crushed Bitcoin anyway in pure gains.

It still is more than Chainlink or all your other shit coin alts have going for them.

No it’s going to .00005 BTC

>HURRR DURRRR DUURR HUYRRR
You’re implying they won’t use xrp
SEE

Look, you Goddamn autist. There's a string of banks using Ripple and XRP.

Geddit?

The news article was just trash.

BTC value is not a good indicator since BTC isn't worth holding.

True, Bitcoin is going to 0.5 XRP!

My final point will be that almost all fiat exist today as information on a chip. I can absolutely see ripple technology being used to facilitate the transfer of debt-backed currency but in order for XRP to actually save banks money it would need to be at least as liquid as USD (preferably moreso) otherwise the money saved transacting in XRP would be lost in arbitration.

The dev's put the cart before the horse by targetting banks and the fed won't stand for it. You think they will transfer to a non-inflationary currency they can't control the supple of?

They will use xrp for the low fees and quick transaction rates. Using xrp will save them trillions of dollars

Ripple threads have been ruined by the anti Ripple pajeets.

It’s neckbeard crypto ideologists, actually

Who gives a shit if banks are using it. Its still the fastest and most efficient major alt coin coin and it had the largest gains last year as well.

If you are going to transfer your funds Ripple is super fast and cheap.

This for the most part, although some anons do have valid arguments, like this guy The one thing emerging technology has always shown us throughout history though is that the idealists are always left by the wayside.

>Not necessarily, the banks just won't be able to dump XRP on exchanges.

Why can't they do whatever the fuck they want with their XRP?

Because it’s a pipe dream they conjured in their heads.

No banks use XRP.