Are there people here who actually believe this will replace bitcoin at the #1 spot?

are there people here who actually believe this will replace bitcoin at the #1 spot?

Other urls found in this thread:

eprint.iacr.org/2016/1159.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no it won't lol, but it will stay top 10 cause it's the one of the only real privacy coin

Orange ID confirms it.

You're better off buying Sumokoin if you want a privacy coin. It's a Monero fork with better security, lower market cap (only $16 million), and is miner friendly.

It's actually disgusting watching everyone disregard Chainlink and chase empty pumps instead. This is the most innovative piece of technology that financial and insurance sectors have all been waiting for and it will actually revolutionize the world and strengthen every industry it touches.

Look at Vitalik, Roger, Justin, and Charlie constantly focusing on publicity stunts, shilling and talking about the pricing of their coins. Sergey is actually the most reliable leader in the cryptosphere focusing only on his technology and development, no bullshitting with publicity stunts. Only honest answers to honest questions when he gets the chance.

I feel like I'm taking fucking crazy pills watching all of this play out. Etherscan shows that soon 95% of all available circulating LINK will be consolidated into less than 15,000 wallets and that continues to shrink as more people try to chase pumps they're being shaken into stronger hands. As soon as Sergey's saved up LINK is finally handed over to institutions we'll see the price jump by increments of dollars and it'll be way too for most people by then. This is so fucking ridiculous and scary in showing how stupid most of Veeky Forums actually is.

>hand rolled crypto
lel

People won't just go crazy about it suddenly. But when the crypto bubble bursts and all the shitcoins are revealed for what they are, monero will be among the top 5 cause it has an actual unmatched use case.

Copypasta

ya but its logo has a ballsack

this

but also sadly this: Oh and Monero doesnt scale. AT ALL
the ring signatures are YUGE

Ikr

are mineable coins the safest bet? im new to the game but have decent enough memory to know that the unmineable or premined coins werent a thing until just recently.

only usable privacy coin today, probably won't be in the future, but for now it's the only one being used by people who want to protect their privacy for txs.

not an investment, its a utility.

This

Monero doesn't need to be the top coin, but eventually people will start to realize that having the pizza guy know your entire transactional history and network is probably a bad thing.

You know, because murder/robbery.

I see that as a good thing

Yeah, the brand lacks aesthetics unfortunately. Also wallets are pretty fucking weak rn and not normalfag friendly.

can they somehow scale any of it? the bagholders here seem so sure that its THE coin. but also seems like a case of holding on to outdated technology like btc holders. not FUD btw

Ripple has been around since 2014 and I think so has Dash. Dash was premined (allegedly) and Ripple was literally made up Chuck E Cheese tokens that retards actually bought with their bitcoin.

>history and network
Net-worth*

yes, mineable coin is good. it stop one guy having majority of coin

I'm holding 2000 of these guys and desu I agree with you on the branding, Sumokoin is a pretty bad name. When steam picks up with the coin though i'm sure they'll consider a rebrand.

If you're after a coin that's good to mine, Sumokoin is the easiest to mine privacy coin out there right now

>4 ringct's are bloating the transaction size and we need solutions to fix it
>lets make a fork with 12 default

Monero has adjustable ring mixin's anyway. What a redundant fuckin alt.

I think that this will eventually become a non-issue. By next year end most crypto payments will be done through some abstraction layer, you will pay using services like OMG, Req etc and your pizza guy will just get fiat with no way to trace it back to your address.

no shit

>Default larger ringct to improve security
>Redundant

Sick logic right there. Also, who gives a fuck if Monero has adjustable ring mixins, that's just one small feature of SUMO. This is valued at 500x lower than Monero, so the only way is up, especially if the main flaw you can find is the higher ringct size.

in the end-days probably

ripple is still a joke regardless of marketcap

What will happen once ZK Snarks are implemented on other coins? Seems like it will be obsolete once that happens

Still poses a threat to everything we're doing here imo.

what stoping other people making other monero fork, since sumo is 12, we is better 24
it is redundant

What makes Monero special and gives it value is that it's one of the coin that is actually used in DMNs. If it starts fluctuating and bloating, it will become too volatile to be used as a currency, and it will start to encounter the same delays and fees issues as Bitcoin. That would cause it to stop being used, and would take away what made it stand out compared to newer, more technically advanced privacy coins. That's why I have trouble bringing myself to put money in it as an investment. If I'm wrong about any of this, I'd be glad if some user could explain me why since I do like Monero, I just have a hard time seeing how it could jump in value while staying useful.

That's true. I hate other people mining it because I have a shit computer and when the difficulty level rises too much I can't compete, but it's easy and worthwhile to mine.

XMR should be in the top 5 easily.

Pic related will be the privacy currency of the future. I’m trying to accumulate as much and mine as much as I can for node

looks like windows defender....

Don't shill in other people's threads.

Fuck you faggot! That took >9000 hours in ms paint!

Monero has a dynamic blocksize. The fees reduce as more people use it. Monero bulletproofs will be here in March which will reduce transaction times and fees by 80%. The Monero Research Lab is also looking to switch to DAGs in the future which will make the transactions almost instant and almost fee-less (codename SPECTRE).

This is the going to be the world currency we all dreamt of.

Aren't all DAGs centralized in some manner?

No, but it's undervalued compared to all the trash out there. Also, super low inflation, so fuck Sumokoin.

That would be good. I knew there is still active development on it, so it's great if they can fix those things. Whenever I have made enough on other alts, I want to set aside a small part to buy some Monero whether it rises or not, it's a great coin.

Fucking bagholder, every single thread

> This is the going to be the world currency we all dreamt of.

Keep dreaming

$12m marketcap lol.
Easy money. thanks for this!!

Monero will be here after the bubble bursts. Your sumoskam and other shit coins won't

>The fees reduce as more people use it

Keep in mind though, thats just transaction volume. If people are just pumping up the price on exchanges and not actually transacting with it, fees will go up.

If the price starts multiplying, remember to check how the fees are looking before any dumbass FOMO.

Wait until next week, right now Cryptopia is UBER FUCKED UP and you might lose your money

Check their twitter and the people tweeting at them... it's carnage

Once Ethereum implements zkSNARKs it's going to render Monero obsolete.

Feel free to day trade it until then but it will eventually be completely obsolete.

Looks like something from Minecraft.

Need moar supply
15M coins were first gen. It aint usable to count 6-7 decimals

Monero is a super safe bet

but they already did in the last softfork...?

This is exactly what is happening. Price is going up and usage not following because of high fees.

Not really, optional privacy is no privacy. The pool of people using it in ZCash is like 1% of the total transactions making it easier to link transactions.

More of the other way around really, usage growing at its own pace and not doing enough to keep down the fees.

Whitepaper on SPECTRE

eprint.iacr.org/2016/1159.pdf