VEN thoughts

Help me understand the state of this coin.

Great team, active community, a product that I understood the purpose of within 90 seconds of reading, confirmed government contract, rebrand imminent, steady stream of news without any signs of PnD.

So why is it stuck? Do you buy that it's being surpressed by whale/Chinese gov. sell walls? It is just going to be a slow burn? What are your realistic predictions? Veeky Forums sentiments on this coin flipped rapidly.

I ask this, knowing that I will be answered only with chink/nigger/pajeet/scam/shitcoin.

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/Which-cryptocurrency-should-I-invest-in-in-2018-Why/answer/Jim-Breyer
forbes.com/profile/jim-breyer/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I really don't understand the massive sell walls on this coin for last month and a half, something goin on that people havent been able to understand

I'm not sure if it will moon really fast or if it will be a steady rise

either way I don't see how this wont doulbe or triple in the near future

I should also add, many confirmed partnerships, and a working product. Honestly, I just can't understand this coin.

This is by no means a shill thread if it seems like it. I honestly don't know or understand what's going on here and have no idea if it will flop or explode.

whens this thing gonna be on other exchanges

Current theory is that it's VeChain trying to disseminate Ven. They talked a lot about having many nodes to secure the network which requires Ven to be spread out. So they put up large walls to get as many people into it as possible. Or they are just trying to prevent its chart from looking like a PnD

The other and crazier (And I know the VeChain is doing it thing sounds crazy) theory is that It's the Chinese Government doing what they do best. Manipulating currency and getting a strangehold on the ETH of China which they have already decided to support.

Well it's on Binance and Kucoin, which should be plenty for the thing to rocket. I don't think exchanges are what's holding it down.

I agree. Something odd going on. I'd love to believe that those in the know have so much faith in it that they are in a mass scale accumulation, and that my little 5k investment will go for the ride once they pull the blocks. At this point, I have no clue.

Had some similar thoughts. In that case, it can't NOT erupt down the line, right? I just see no other plausible explanation for the absolute lack of movement. It's been locked TIGHT at $4.00 +/- $0.25 for awhile now.

it needs another high volume exchange to possibly cut down on some of the manipulation

This coin is obviously being paid to be shilled. Regardless if it’s legit or a scam, it’s highly annoying.

If the former is true then yeah it will erupt. It's got at least a 20B market cap in it. If the latter is true it's going to 100B+ cap.

It's basically a waiting game for a week or so though. Then the rebranding happens. Maybe no news until then.

That doesn't make sense to me. I could buy that if it had none of the things going for it that I had listed, but what you say doesn't add up. Can you explain further?

Seems like someone is paying to have it locked down, not pumped up.

Maybe. I'm more looking to understand why it's being manipulated, and if anyone has any indication of when it might cease. I guess the logical guess would be when everyone who wants a node has one.

It's a long term hold. It's upside might not be as high as some shitcoins, but you better be damn sure VEN is going to survive the inevitable bubble burst. After which point a consolidation will happen into the projects that show the most potential and have the most solid economic models.

gimme tldr what a node does pls lad

Or it’s just a shitcoin PnD

>rebrand
Why is this always a "big" news issue. Literally no value added.

who knows
like that one person said to spread nodes and coins evenly, someone trying to stagnant the price, chink government which i don’t necessarily believe

Ven is like an ark. When the flood comes, it will rise. The whales know this so they don't want the price to be unfeasible. It is a good way to ward off pump and dump groups. I think there was a group that was trying to pump and dump it a few days ago and got rekt by the whales.

It will at the latest end when the Mainnet launches and staking happens.

Realistically though it ends this month. Sunny has said January will BELOW our minds and there is a rebranding event and another strategic partnership event with DNV-GL.

Also from the mouth of Sunny himself pic related. The walls won't hold that down.

From what I gather, same relationship as ETH/GAS. You own a node, you generate THOR coin, which pays for the transactions on the blockchain.

There's no pump, and all indications point to the complete opposite of shitcoin. With how hard it's being shilled, it should have already PnD'd by now. Do you have any rationale?

So is there any indication whatsoever that this thing isn't just a slow play? I haven't seen anyone cite anything contrary to blatant market manipulation.

I guess the Veeky Forums flip on this coin is really just people thinking it would 20x overnight? I shouldn't be surprised.

It's a slow play because of market manipulation. It could at any point 20X though. So you have a situation where it could 10X over night or it could slowly grind at walls for two weeks. It's going to drive anyone impatient away.

Do you think anyone could project a timeframe? How long can the walls hold out?

Seems smart at this point to just HODL. On the other hand, seems like you can throw a dart at the bottom 50 marketcap and catch some shitcoin that will 50x in a day.

Maybe I'll go 50% VEN and 50% 2-3 PnD shitters.

>a product that I understood the purpose of within 90 seconds of reading
Fucking explain it to me, then.

At this point, I'm fairly sure this shit coin is a scam. Those impenetrable sell walls can only realistically be put by the vechain team themselves. They are literally syphoning your money away.

Shut up retard

the bizfags bitching about ven right now are the people here you absolutely dont want to listen to. theyre all newfag get rich quick pump chasers. buy and forget this coin and you will be happy as shit soon

Before the end of January is my guess. I would advise 10% of your stack in PnD shit tops.

When does mainnet launch for this shit ? Isnt it in q2 ? Shit man thats a long time away

2018 will be the year of the chinkcoin and this will be one of the premier chinkcoins. When 1,000,000,000 chinese normies catch onto crypto it's going to be apocalyptic.

It may be long but you 1000 ven in your portfolio will make you a happy man EYO

I'll humor you. Goods need to be tracked as they move from production, to transit, to retail, to consumer, etc. China faces a massive counterfeiting problem. Vechain proposes to have all RFID scans upload product info to a blockchain, making counterfeiting near impossible.

There's a bunch of ancillary uses that other companies are buying in for I guess, but that's the big one. They're also doing this big venture with Chinese gov. for some smart city.

If it's a scam, then they're pulling the wool over some very large companies - and the Chinese gov. would have to either be in on it, or a victim of it.

I am so fucking glad this is being held back

it is giving me time to day trade my way to a node. i only hope when it really takes off, i am awake and holding

The walls have been getting slowly demolished by steady buy pressure for a while, this mass market dump aside of course.

There are some pretty wide meme triangles on the 15 min chart though. I expect more wall killing by the morning. In half an hour it'd be a good time to jump in.

i cant wait til these chinks and japs start fomoing when they see ven in bitoceans crypto vending machines

We should really have a talk about timing the market and time in the market.

>Vechain proposes to have all RFID scans upload product info to a blockchain
Call it a ledger because it's a fucking ledger. Existing technology, even. The tokens are completely incidental. What PwC is interested in is in a ledger. What the chinese government is interested in is a ledger, shitcoins not necessary involved.

Ripple already fooled you once, how many more times? Will you retards really buy every fucking shitcoin released by whatever shit company is being subemployed by anothern larger corporation?

Christ.

We're all gonna make it bros

Jumping in while bitcoin is about to jump to $20k in tge next day or two.

how new are you? do some research before you act like some authority on shit here. there is a good reason for the coin and node structure

The walls are gone, yet the price remains stagnant as ever, when yesterday 100 btc walls were being demolished. Was it wash trading?

thats what we are dabating here dumb shit

why is it not allowed to pump if it is a pnd. there is always gigantic walls keeping this from going up or down too wildly. if it was a pnd, it would have already hit 5 bucks and dropped like a brick.

>quora.com/Which-cryptocurrency-should-I-invest-in-in-2018-Why/answer/Jim-Breyer
>forbes.com/profile/jim-breyer/
I'm sorry you were saying?

>he doesn't get it

While some of these partnerships are confirmed a lot of it is rumours, where exactly is the hard evidence about the Chinese government supporting venchain?
Just rumours from its user base, while I do believe a lot of big news are coming soon (and that a lot of these rumours will be confirmed in a timely manner) until they do its all rumours the only confirmed one being its partnership with healthcare co.
Until we go from rumours to news and official announcements it’s easy to suppress the price with sell walls, whether it’s whales accumulating while they can suppress the price or even bigger players it’s hard to know.
One thing is certain, we’ve seen vechain can deliver and they already have a couple big partnerships in place and more will follow, and when they’re announced not even the Chinese government will be able to stop the moon mission.

Agreed. Basically just a blockchain immutable ledger. The tokens are what make it immutable though, if I understand it correctly. The spread of tokens are what establishes a node, versus having to, say, set up servers at various locations to cross-check all the RFID info being uploaded.

You don't get how any of this works. Do some research.

I thought the smart city gov deal was confirmed?

Whales dumping their bags after the Binance contest and deceiving chink developer team making fake screenshots from WeChat

Sold my stack of this shitcoin and got into WABI

> 9x smaller marketcap
> working product which you can fucking see, it's not CGI in a video
> didn't blow their money on marketing and feeding 50 fucking employees like VEN
> anti-piracy sigil is already on products like baby formula
> they got integrated into WeChat

I'm also thinking about WaltonChain, but I don't have the cake for a full node :(((((((

Friendly reminder that the Wabi developer is a jealous hypocrite who shilled WeChat integration like it was a big deal when literally anyone can integrate using Mini-Apps and there are thousands upon thousands of them.

Every single time.

ALSO forgot to mention about wabi in my previous post:

>VEN
Circulating Supply
277,162,633 VEN
Total Supply
867,162,633 VEN

> WABI
Circulating Supply
45,248,033 WABI
Total Supply
99,218,023 WABI

Forgot the image.

Good bait

VEN WTC and AMB are the long term logistics projects.

WaBi is a shitcoin started by a couple recent college graduates without the business connections to make it happen

Got my WTC masternode.
Get fukt pajeets.

Waltonwabicucks right on schedule

WTC masternode checking in.

SELLWALLS ARE BACKKK

is it gonna boom????

once the paywall has been eaten i think so

boo yaka shaaaaaaaaaaaa

nothing to see here for a few days at least right?

and if credible tech investors aren't your thing don't forget that faggot Roger Ver also endorsed it

SELLWALL GONEEEEE

I'm sorry, I just find it hard to believe that billionaire VCs choose to invest on companies via ICOs.

It's like imagining Bill Gates investing on pennystocks.

It's almost like it's more about you perception than the actual situation. If Bill Gates invested in or shilled a penny stock it's for a damn good reason.

>It's almost like it's more about you perception than the actual situation

I'm saying that if Jim Breyer is putting his money where his mouth is, he probably is directly investing on the company, you know, like venture capitalists do. Not by buying tokens.

>Normies pick coins literally based on name and logo
>no value added

Try making it big with a company with a shit name, publicity is a big deal brainlet.

the sell walls are unironically gone, most were eaten and the rest were pulled. Once there is buying pressure again this shit is going to the moon. Accumulate now i would say.

By the way there product isnt working fully yet, some aspects are yes, but they upped their ambitions to be a full DApp platform with a focus on enterprise, rather than ONLY for supply chain management (still a major use case).

disclaimer I'm all in.

Yeah just look at Walton LUL

You don't take ICOs seriously. A token economy is becoming a more popular money raising method and plenty of VCs invest in them.

>You don't take ICOs seriously.
I really don't, you got me there.

You people are delusional. It's already gone 500% in 2 weeks. What more do you want?

You're nervously rubbing your palms together after 2 days without any movement now...

Did you think it was some kind of secret that it's going 20x? Like fucking Veeky Forums has some kind of insider info, and "whales" are the only think keeping it from going 5x more from here?

lmao. I know how everyone here works, they scour twitters, discords, and 4chans all day for "insider information"... guess what. That's what everybody does. By time you hear a rumor, the chart has reflected it for hours if not days.

Fucking snowflakes here thinking they're ahead of the game and needing an excuse why they're not millionaires...

he specifically said he doenst on a VeChain position. He probably just met them through business connections in China and understood the value of their use cases

Which honestly is a lot more telling. He is someone who spends time with the president of China. What circles is VeChain moving in that they come into contact with him.

Finally someone with brains.
Vechain is shit it ain’t going no where rn

You have shitty reading comprehension.

or u just got baited lol

MOON HAPPENING TOMORROW

The only one spewing unfounded negativity in this thread is you, and you've already confirmed yourself to be a WTC supporter, while presenting no argument whatsoever. Excuse me if I dismiss you as a FUDer. I'm all ears if you want to present actual information though.

I agree, I went all in specifically because of that post kek

>he specifically said he doenst on a VeChain position.

I'd ask for source, but I honestly don't care enough to continue.

I'll just hold this coin forever, it's certainly not dipping enough for me to go red. Just know it in your heads that if it goes really high in 6 months, then you can safely consider me a big fat butt, but with more money.

these are the people that will fight tooth and nail to protect and shill shitcoins with only whitepages, hell, some with out whitepages...

...yet when something like VeChain presents itself they dogpile it as
>scam
>pnd
>pajeet

baka

Just look at the way they shilled Dadi....

You wont read this because youre too dumb but here's the real answer:

value investing is the end. This has no value.

Luxury brands aren't scared of selling their shit in their stores. They supply it and know its legit.

Shady spots all sell fakes. They won't use this.

So who is buying this product nobody on earth wants?

this coin is going to make me so fucking rich and it feels so good

Counterfeit industry is literally worth $400bil, are you fucking retarded?

Of course I'll read it; I started the thread to ask for points and counterpoints about VEN.

From what I read, China has a huge counterfeiting issue. Seems like luxury brands DO have problems not getting ripped off. Is that not the case? I don't live in China.

Hell, I know even in the US, plenty of luxury goods face counterfeiting issues. Are you saying it isn't worth them investing in a technology to solve that problem? I wouldn't know in either case, just assume they would.

MAERSK and IBM have said that logistics blockchains can raise the world gdp by 5% and cut all logistics lossess by up to 15%
But yeah.. nobody will use this I guess

Yeah shit's cool on their own stores, but small online retailers are probably a huge issue, nerd.

You're a fucking retard, anyone who did a bit of research knows your fud is retarded as fuck

Counterfeiting is huge all over the world. These companies are literally losing billions in revenue every year due to counterfeit products and VeChain is attempting to stop that.

OP here - fuck, is there any credible drawback for VEN hodl? This is turning into a Vechain shill thread, when I was looking for possible downsides. So far, detractors have been blatant trolls.

nah bro

its only luxury and shady goods in this world

THERE IS NO INBETWEEN. WE LIVE IN AN EXTREMIST WORLD.

this is a pajeet shitcoin and yall are getting SCAMMED.

I'm trying to think about some negative sides, but there's a reason I have 50% of my portfolio in this. I really believe it will do nicely

ask yourself:

What is "chinese goods" synonymous with for the majority of the world?

answer: counterfeit, fake, knockoffs

do you think the chinese government likes this?

answer: no

it has competitors

Wtf are you even try to say???. Fucking polfags

Whales are purposely making sure the price doesn't moon.

There are 3 potential reasons why

1) They want the moon to align to news.

2) They want the price to stay low so more people have time to buy enough for nodes. (If this is the case then be extremely happy because it means this is a serious long term endeavor)

3) They're trying to have a slow and steady increase in value rather than a spike followed by a dump.(Be happy for the same reason as #2)