Authenticator

Recently on holidays my samsung phone was stolen, i had the authenticator app and used it to get onto all of my exchanges, i disabled the sim and got an Iphone today and downloaded the app again, but none of the codes are on the app. I dont know what to do to retrieve them. Anyone know how?

u write the keys on paper when setting up the 2FA so u can recover it.

So you're a fucking moron then?

kek

You call every single exchange and hope they'll remove your 2FA.

It tells you to back the code up literally every time you set up a 2FA because Jewgle doesn't keep backups.

Contact support of each exchange and beg for them to reset it, because you're just fucked. Next time use Authy.

>Not saving 2FA screenshots in encrypted VeraCrypt container

When you set up a 2fa for a website you get a back up code.

Please don't tell me you have written it down. You deserve it if you didn't.

*haven't

>screenshots
>not writing them down on paper

gotta save them 2fa seeds, son

Screenshot of QR code

How do you get the back up code after you've already signed up?

Disable and re-enable I presume

Had similar thing happen to me. Contact them and give them your ID, photo of self with ID and written note with date, exchange name, and remove 2FA and they typically do it within a week.

Serious question. If I have a friend using this nkw, how can I help them back it up?

Login to all the sites with 2fa, disable them and reenable them. Before reenabling, write down the code or screenshot the QR. Grab a couple of cheap us thumb drive, encrypt them with veracrypt and store them backup codes in there.

Where can I find a backup key for Kucoin?

In your Google account settings.

I dont remember Bittrex giving me a secret key backup, Coinbase did.

Think i have the 16 diget code. when im putting it into the app i have to enter account, does that mean my email address?

The QR code image is also the key

holy shit

haha yep i am retarded. got it sorted

Anyone successfully reset Kucoin oauth?
Trying to for 2 weeks now, sending emails and going to live support chats daily. Spamming kucoin telegram.

Reset on binance took 30 minutes.

Similar happened to me. My phone broke earlier in the week got my new one yesterday, but I'm now locked out of exchanges. It sucks. I've eamiled them all and opened support tickets, haven't heard back from any yet, I'm kind of expecting a nice lengthy delay since it's gotten so busy, but I'm really hoping they get back to me asap.
This is also forcing me into hodling for more than a couple days soi hope I make more gains than from trading. Doesn't look like it though, really. I'm paying opportunity cose for not backing up those codes despite it being on my to-do list for weeks lol. Lesson learned.

>Kucoin oauth
is
>Kucoin google auth

Thanks, I didnt know about vera crypt

Is it safe to put wallet files in a veracrypt container and put it on USB sticks? I'd rather do that than using ledger, what am I missing?