I just bet against a no cryto believer friend

I just bet against a no cryto believer friend.

He doesnt believe BTC will go any higher than todays price.

He will give me 0.05BTC on 7th January 2019. (no matter the conversion rate) if bitcoin price will be any higher than $16,963.20USD (right now price)
I will give him $5000USD if the price will be any lower than $16,963.20USD

Am I fucked?

Should have setup a smart contract with link

>He actually bet on BTC instead of literally any better coin.

yes might as well kill yourself

Hope your friend has a spare $50k around

well memed, friend

too risky I had to go with BTC

Honestly, bitcoin may see some sort of crazy resurrection sometime later this year. A resurrection great enough to make alt-believers keep a decent percentage of their portfolio in bitcoin again (just like the old times). I think you'll be ok user. Stupid gains are awaiting you this year though, so $5000 won't be much to you at that point.

heh

You'll be fine. Even after the next pump later this year BTC will regress to a higher floor. It always does.

Whoever took themselves all out of BTC will be sorry a few months from now. It always happens. Every 3-6 months BTC has a good pump and then regresses a bit, then does it all over again.

gonna ruin your friendship arguing over semantics.
Current BTC chain will be dead. All sites will have BCH listed as BTC and worth $500,000.

Are bcash booster posts now just random sentences clipped together by a chatbot or what?

Wouldn't you agree that this is the first time in which a bunch of people don't believe in the actual tech/project anymore, though?

>He will give me 0.05BTC
so you need it to be 100k to equal what you wagered
pretty bad bet desu
you will win but you'll only get like 2.5k off him imo

i know i made it so he could accept the bet.

I think youll be fine OP

So if it ever goes above todays price you win or are you waiting to see the price in a year? because if the former your friend might have brain damage.

dont rub it in his face too hard when the bitcoin ETF launches on the NYSE and bitcoin goes to 50k+ later this year

price in 1 year

Dude it's $5000 more in KRW right now he's absolutely fucked.

You should be all right imo. You just need to ensure he is going to pay you. And soon before he realizes he fucked up.

also OP i hope you
1. specified an exchange
2. specified a time of day
3. got it all in writing and notarized

Really the only real threat to bringing BTC down and keeping it down right now is XRP. If Ripplenet gets widespread adoption by the financial institutions, BTC will be ground into the dirt. If this happens, it doesn't happen this year, so you should be safe. Right now money tansfer services and banks are somewhat wary of crypto because regulations have not yet caught up with the tech (as is always the case with emerging technology).

faggot larp

Did you factor in inflation? $16,963.20 today is worth more than $16,963.20 in one year.

OP listen to this guy.

Pick a primary exchange. Pick a backup exchange in case your primary is out of business by 2019. Alternatively, pick the CMC price (but still have a backup).

Pick a specific time of day. Make sure you indicate timezone.