Need advise - did I spread myself too thin?

need advise - did I spread myself too thin?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/wbjPiYE-F4Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BZC's platform is finished, it's like one of the only 20 crypto's that has a finished platform.
Go buy your "We promise it'll be done by 2025" coin.

Way too thin user, the fuck is that? You don't moon by creating a market index Jesus Christ. Just put it all in XBY or NAV, hold either VRP or VEN for long term, and buy some fucking UTK or SNOV while you are at it

WTF are you talking about?

too fucking big. you shouldnt have to unfurl your blockfolio like this to show all your coins, lol

I originally started with the idea of doing $500 x 20 coins - it worked out ok for me in the last month. I'm sort of feeling I'm playing too safe - thanks user will look into those

jesus titty fuckin christ man....you don't have to buy every single coin that gets mentioned

> sell ur shitcoins and buy my shitcoins

You literally fell for every memecoin on biz.

>$12000 in ripple
absolutely fucking abhorrent and disgusting. you deserve to lose every dollar that you will lose from that centralized kikecoin.

Its a bit big, yea. I'd say consolidate down to 10 and that should be enough diversification to keep your overall risk low. I'd also consolidate btc/ltc/etc/eth down to 10% total, but all eth, so you can have enough liquidity to jump on some higher risk coins.

That should give you a consistent growth portfolio with some opportunity to jump on higher risk moon missions.

Or you could cut it way down and try to go to lamboland on shitcoins -- it just depends if you want to be able to sleep at night.

I hooked up with her, lol.

Refuse to doxx her tho

I'd like to correct you sir - /biz and reddit

That one guy investing $10 into 30 shitcoins and simply holding for a year is fine.

Nah I don't see FUN on there yet.

I have a similar strategy, that is not paying well when altcoins are dumping like last month.
But right now this is awesome, everytime something moon, I just grab my x10 (x100 with XRB), and spread this money onto the ones that are still low (to me).
And as say, I can sleep at night.

What's your initial investment, OP?

up that link about 10x and you're good

thanks user - great advise - I def have your advice noted and written in my notes

. I have another $10k coming in so I am thinking that will be my "moon" money. I wanted to first setup a baseline where I can sleep safe - I 3x'd my initial investment of $20k (I don't care if its 2x or 20x - I just want growth that beats the stock market), and my last $10k will be my "fuck it" money, all in on some shitcoin money. I am really late to the game (started in Dec), but im in thegame now so I want to be smart(er) about it

$20k, will be adding $10k soon - and that will be it

bump

If those are your goals then I'd consider starting to pull your money out mid-year then. Something like 10% of your total balance per quarter. If your coins all moon then thats pocket change and you can have fun with it, and if you aren't doing so hot then you'll lock in some gains while reducing your exposure.

One thing is certain. This train is going to crash hard one day. None of us know when, but its going to be a big fucking panic sell once enough norms get in and a correction hits. Don't wait forever to enjoy your gains.

You'd want maybe 3 or 4 coins with that kind of capital.

It took NASA three years to get to the moon. All you fuckers want to get there in three weeks. Some of us are willing to wait instead of playing a 4-shitcoin roulette.

once again really good solid advise - thanks. I was thinking of pulling out half now so I can cover my initial investment, but after taxes I feel I would be about where I started. I feel really good about the next month or two as potential growth months (only because I don't think the general population has really come aboard but the awakening is happening - and the fact that it takes so fucking long to get money into the crypto-space - coinbase limits, the weeks long verification's that are happening across the board). If I am lucky enough to hit 100k or 200k by the end of Feb I will probably pull out my initial investment and some profit to take the family on a nice vacation - then it will all be fuck it money from there

Any of those options work... just a matter of personal preference and risk tolerance. 100% up to you

I have a similar folio with around 15 coins. Am I fucked?

Depends on the coins I suppose.

I really do appreciate the great advise. I know in the end I will have to make a decision and own it 100%. It's just awesome to have other level-headed people give some insight

PS. I'd look into tax laws. Some places don't apply tax if you are withdrawing the capital you initially invested *hint hint*

post it

lol - man I wish I understood tax laws better. I almost want to form a "user crypto investing LLC" so I can pay less in taxes, but Im in the US, and all my friends and family are losers, I have no one to turn to for advise, and I am skeptical of everything I read on the internet.

For 20k worth I'd pay the 100 or 200 to talk to an accountant about it and your risk of getting audited.

I think I can re-state this - I am the hole in an idiot donut - I am surrounded by complete fucking dumbfuckery. I'm on an island and the only sane advise I can reach out for is Veeky Forums. I am fucked - but a few of you are fucking awesome

BAT, BNB, BNTY, COSS, DBC, DRGN,
ENG, FUN, ICX, IOTA, KCS,
LSK, MOD, PRL, XRB, SNOV,XLM, TRX, VEN, WABI, WTC

Ok, just checked it is more than fucking 15. BRB going to kill myself.

yeah meng, I am def talking to a CPA and I am not fucking with the IRS. It's easy gonna be $500 or $1k tho, but Im ok with that

I'd say borderline medium risk depending on allocation.

Keep an eye on KCS as they are reducing payouts soon... might be good to lock some gains in.

If you're in the US then you shouldn't pay tax on it if its just your initial capital... might have to claim it as income, not sure.

100% for sure save or print records of your initial deposit.

I dunno about BNB, FUN, TRX (I just dumped 19k TRX today, left 1k for "insurance"), I never looked into COSS, KCS, SNOV, WTC.

I personally like diversity - I would not feel bad at all with what you have

Should have gone all in DCN senpai

I should have gone all in on XRB when I bought in at $2, but that $500 bucks I put it fucked mooned!

noted, user. I have a meagre 20k portfolio. Poor pajeet who wants to make it big. What else should I drop to make it 5 figures?

I like holding and supporting projects I believe in but these are too many. Maybe drop BNB, KCS and COSS as I picked them being exchange coins and belived they will get big someday. Well, 2 of 3 touched ATH

Fuck, I missed XRB when it was like 50 cents.... FML

Made up for it later with PFR though.

Picked BNB as binance was doing good from last 3 months and it seemed a cheap coin at $4 then.

Thanks for advice.. wish lambosx5 for you by EOY.

Don’t forget about that 1 cent of ETH, or 0.3 cents of LTC now...

I don't give advice on what to buy or sell... thats on you since you gotta live with the results. I've gone 20x on coins and I've also had a coin drop 90% the day after I bought it. DYR and good luck.

Calling it a night now.

lemme ask your opinion on this - did we (or newcomers more specifically) miss the boat on cheap quality coins in 2017? Can in be that the next revolution is really sitting somewhere at $0.000005 and nobody noticed? lol

> you shouldn't have to pay tax on it if it's your initial capital
This. Is. NOT. How. It. Works.

You pay taxes on each coin (or fraction thereof) you sell.

Ie u buy 100BTC at $1k and sell 10BTC at $10k. You owe tax on the amount those particular BTC appreciated. Doesn't how much you put in. What does matter is the price you bought them at for calculating cost basis, but as a rule of thumb EVERY sell will cause you to pay taxes. Yes even if u just take out ur initial investment

Ok fine one more. There's still gains to be had, but its getting harder to find them... a lot more shitcoins and hype coins. That just means you need to do more research on each coin's market space.

good night user, may your investments moon while you sleep.

Perhaps you missed what was implied by the *hint hint*

This guy knows!
If you bought 1BTC at $100 and it hit $17k yesterday and you sold BTC worth of $100 today, it doesnt mean you dont pay any taxes. You pay to the ratio of what the increase has been

> Did we newcomers miss the boat on cheap quality coins in 2017?
It's 2018 so yes.

You phrased that better than I did

well that's the obvious answer but that's not at the heart of what I was asking.

IS EVERYTHING CHEAP A SHITCOIN NOW

you didn't miss the boat - some of the good stuff is just a little more expensive now

user did you just fucking order 1 of everything off the Veeky Forums shill board?

Veeky Forums and reddit - why? did i fuck up?

Op watch this video. It might make you a lot of money in the medium-long teerm
youtu.be/wbjPiYE-F4Y

hmmmmmm very interesting, thanks user. I will put this in my notes and chew on it for a few days

Dont worry user, I picked coins up from both places too. I am x2 right now since Dec last week but still I feel too diversified. No worries, let's cut the shit out of portfolios and ride it to the moon in our lambo-rockets!

Pick good coins? Do research to make money?

Are you kidding me?

In this time you just pick random coins and make a ton of money of idiots.

No need to focus. Or research. Or try not to invest in to to many coins.

i wonder if there are "good choices" versus "fucking great choices" left

This isn't Pokemon where you gotta catch them all

your right. If this was you, what would you do?

Any advice for me? Lost half my itc stack in the bulltrap :(

*bear trap

i dunno to be honest, but it looks ok to me

ok - so what I can gather from this thread is that there is the idea of risk vs safety

I have my portfolio as safe - which is ok

some think I should take more of a gamble on 3 or 4 coins - the "go all-in" approach. If there was a way of picking the sure bet going forward that would sound good, sure. I might up my game a bit but I will think about it.

Thanks everyone for your input, peace out

This is a blue board. No nudity, so please delete image.

dumb question then - how do i delete?

Select your post and click delete (file only). It's either in a hamburger menu, or you check your post and scroll to the bottom of page to delete depending on mobile/desktop/app/etc.