ICO General

Let's get a general going about ICO's.
What is your method for weeding out the bad ones?
What ICO's are you currently looking at/investing in?

Other urls found in this thread:

ico.swissborg.com/#/register?sb=126088
tokensale(.)lalaworld(.)io/register/FaO8TqS4l7XCcn9
tokensale.lalaworld.io/register/FaO8TqS4l7XCcn9
fabrictoken.io
youtube.com/watch?v=zpfsWfBxbvI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Experty ICO

I'll start to get the thread going.
I usually try to rate the coins on 5 different criteria.
1. Team
2. Community/Hype
3. Working Prototype
4. Problem Solving
5. Entry/Timing

Currently I'm looking at HKN, low market cap coin that is advised by none other than your favorite shill McAfee

I just do my regular analysis.

First I see which ones are mentioned here. Then I google them and add "Veeky Forums" to see how many threads there have been about them, and how they're discussed.
Then I read the whitepaper, look into the team, etc., the usual stuff.

Then I sign up and complete the KYC.
I then sleep on the ICO a bit, usually as long as I think is possible, and see if there are any developments.

In December I signed up for both STKtoken and ShipChain, but unfortunately both sold out in the pre-sale. I am getting the airdrops though, even though they're probably worth a max of €15 each.

The last one I signed up for last month was Nucleus Vision. They cut the whitelisting short after 72 hours because of the insane attention, and the attention has only been increasing after that.

That's basically how I know it to be legit, going to invest 3-5 ETH into it, based on how I feel once the ICO goes live.

McAfee is a dirty bastard and you shouldn't trust anything he shills.

True this. He shilled me into Sether, I hope its not a scam. Anyway, it was only 150$

You are right about McAfee being a scumbag, but he fits the team very well. They needed someone that could market their product and that was informed about hacking in general.
Plus the same can be said about Nucleus and Ian Balina in my opinion.

I hope that you do not only search on Veeky Forums to see if the product is hyped up, I don't think that is viable anymore with the influx of people who have no clue at all.

I only go to reddit to count the number of subs, and see if it rises.
Reddit is such a shithole of an echo chamber that reading the posts is completely pointless.

Ian Balina invests in legit coins.
McAfee makes shit like Dogecoindark pump even though it has no intrinsic value.
I think there's a big difference there.

>he cares about the product instead of how much money he can make

I am not sure if I trust him, since the video he made about the Quanstamp ICO doesn't seem like a review but more of an ad. But I guess that is mostly due to the Proof of Care principle, which I dislike alot since it generates more hype for a product than there actually is.

For the McAfee part, as I said, I agree with you, he clearly is PnD'ing for his own sake, but I hope that he can add some value to the Hacken team.

I do not "care" about any coin in an emotional sense, but I like to do solid FA on any coin I invest in.
When I know my FA is on point and the market cap is lower than it should be, I never get weak hands during a dip.

renteum.org most lit ICO t. shill

Why? Sell me

cool prototype good wp cool dashboard nice token dist system

Anyone has an opinion on Swissborg? ICO closes in a few days...

All in on Magnalis MGXL, who is Witz me?

Just lurk in the team's slack for a few days and see how responsive they are to questions and try to assess their general competence. If they don't have a slack then that is a redflag in itself. Doing this is what lead me to commit heavily to the Request pre-sales and look where that got me now.

No one I hope, because it looks like a scam.

total noob here, why should i even invest in an ICO?

will i be better off investing even 500$ in ICO than successful 2 sat coin that is now worth lets say 50 sats?

what are tokens?

Thanks brother, I'll sell this ounce of terp sauce and invest

This, also curious

tokensale .lalaworld .io

is up

Nucleus vision, but the whitelist is already over. Also Dogezer, it's like bounty0x with legal contracts and employment tasks for stakes in a project.

monyx .io

Any one got some

WePower seems interesting. Renewable energy is ripe for decentralization, the current model of top down subsidies from the govt leading to wind and solar plants popping up like mushrooms with no efficient consumption because there's no such thing as a renewable grid is going to fail. Their only competitors in Europe afaik are Suncontract but WePower already have partnerships with physical plants on their roadmap.

scam
What function does the token have?

You'll get 25% bonus when you buy through coss.io

DELET I'M NOT FINISHED ACCUMULATING

Because it is high risk high reward.
Basically it is crowdfunding the project in return for tokens/coins.

I'm with you. Gonna put 1k in next week and stay comfy, I see this hitting $10 easy

>no americans

Look for ICOs that combine contemporary memes. Like the AI meme (DBC is doing well). Augmented reality will be the 2018 meme.

Apparently you can get rewards from it and also get to be first to participate in their index funds? But yeah, not really sure how useful that is. Then again, 90% of tokens are not really useful and get shilled to heaven.

>Americans
>Green project
Pick one.

Hold up, Quantstamp looks legit with Ycombinator and their team. What did you mean by this ?

Swissborg is legit, a solid team from Switzerland. Anything with the word swiss and wealth management will moon.
Registrer with my referal and you will get bonus : ico.swissborg.com/#/register?sb=126088

I saw them in concert once

Quanstamp is a very good project don't get me wrong. The Proof of Care method is a smart guerilla marketing technique but it encourages fake hype and people making the project look better than it is.

Riding the BAT wave now, should I get off on QSP or HODL ?

I think QSP is an excellent long term hold, but since their mainnet won't be released until August 2018 I don't think it will move a lot.

Hacken in Huobi's office

Nice, any idea when this picture was taken?

Magnalis is a scam

Cybersecurity partnership with Huobi

December

guy on the left looks like a tool

Excellent news, thanks for sharing, can you send me an invite?

I put in some Ethereum profits... realized what Id done a couple minutes later. Fuck me

What are some ICOs USA citizens can't participate?

Where do you find ICOs?

the only interesting one i found was based in bongland and wouldn't accept US investors

what coin?

Can't post the full link but: hacken_token_sale

Hacken (HKN)

what the fuck is this telegram bullshit`

You can also find the link on their website

Which one, mate?

registration is closed user

Just done some research on Renteum, looks like its going to be the real estate token which dominates the blockchain. IN

This is quite literally why I'll never buy ripple

HOQU

- Solid team, solid advisors
- Tackles a huge market (affiliate marketing)
- Going out for around 0.24 cents

you missed the real swiss ico: JNT

Shipchain and Experty are going to be huge

>Ian Balina invests in legit coins
Only for the last month or so.
For mlst of the year he held absolute shit

LALA gonna moon to al 5$ after joining exchanges. If you want to give it a try use my ref to get Bonus
tokensale(.)lalaworld(.)io/register/FaO8TqS4l7XCcn9

What does it do, why will it moon?

it helps eliminate the white race by supporting refugees

nice, just bought 100k

Basically its a biometric cryptowallets/ecosystem for migrants but really anyone could use it. Guys here missing it bc Veeky Forums is racist as fk but i just care about making money and believe me, LALA is the thing
tokensale.lalaworld.io/register/FaO8TqS4l7XCcn9

Rule 1:
ICO-s with caps of 15M usd and above are disregarded
Rule 2:
I don't like new ICO ideas, I prefer ICO-s that do the same as old ones but much better and at 10% the marketcap.
I made 20x on AdEx simply because of their low cap, I made a lot on MCO because they marketed better than TokenCard, and now I'm setting aside some money in fabrictoken.io who are at 1/8 at etherparty/blockcat market cap and have a much better proposition.
Most of you niggers only shill coins after the ICO and that's a huge mistake, if the ICO hits the hard cap soon enough you can dump for a quick x3 in just a few days.
Instead you wait for months for the ICO to end. x3 in a week is better than x10 in two months.

Most pajeet thing I've ever seen

B-b-but appa, squating makes for more complete bowel evacuation. Even sharktaml knows this.

So many idiots on biz.

Best ICO’s are the ones who already have a real business, have partnerships before ICO, or solve a new problem.

Therefore best ICO’s coming up are EZPOS, Medical Chain, & Wepower.

ICO’s I recently bought into, Ship chain, SingularityNET, Bloom token, Crypterium, & Jibrel Network. I’m looking forward to making half a million by summer time.

Typically just check out the ones that I see shilled here or pop up in crypto crush newsletter. Their reviews are typically in-depth enough to weed out scams and usually burgers can participate. If they indicate a project is both good for flipping and long term hold, I jump on it. Asian qt analysis is a plus.
youtube.com/watch?v=zpfsWfBxbvI

any recs for newsletters?

Normie here pls be nice

Are ICOs similar to IPOs ? But without any ownership of the tech ?

Are there any ICOs where you get ownership like stocks ?

Yes, and those are the first ones that would get hit by governments.
Focus on decent coins with modest caps for quick x3 flips and you're fine

Has the looks of Bullshitter Extraordinaire

I know tards like him I'm afraid.

Anyone got any good info on this? Looks alright to me.

Crush is the only newsletter I'm subscribed to, I'll check out icos I see here too though, skim results for "best ico january 2018" and pretty much anything that pops up on facebook.
More than anything, the more hype an ico has the better. Just be on the lookout for stuff like dragonchain which was mostly ignored.

how much do you invest per ICO ?

Lamden.

Thoughts on the upcoming Dadi release?

Parts of the whitepaper were stolen, don't

Mobius-McCaleb,Ycombinator. HO-LEE FUCK

>Literal team of pajeets

Why ICO now?
They hold your funds for like a month and I doubt the bubble will last that long..

"bubble"

la la world
pajeet team, altruistic intentions, ez celeb shill

The bubble will not pop anytime soon, half the exchanges and places to buy BTC online are locked due to there being too many requests.

Anyone here doing SelfKey next week? Considering it

I whitelisted but but didin't get any confirmation of my KYC yet

do they habe personal caps or is it a gas war/lottery?

how do I find asian ICOs? preferably jap or gook. those are the only nationalities I trust.

Yeah I'm in, SelfKey is going to be huge. It's a completely better project than Civic with partnerships already in place, with like a 22m hard cap? Civic has a 400m market cap, could easily get to a similar amount.

Personal caps

Why do you use those words then you stupid fuck?

Go back

Do ICOS usually have a minimum payment of 1 ETH or could I throw 100 bucks at one every month?

Go back to buying high and selling low pleb.

Go back to /pol/