Should I preorder one of these

Should I preorder one of these

Other urls found in this thread:

np.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/7obot7/all_my_cryptocurrency_stolen/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you have over like $10,000 yeah

Ya im only at about 2k.

is it simple to use if you trade a lot?
or is there a long and inconvenient time to transfer coins to and from the exchange?

I keep my hodl coins on mine, pretty simple concept.

is it worth it if you are spread out thin between too many alt coins?

what do you mean preorder? you can just order it... it is already on the market.

where to order these niggas

>enter pin
>open app
>confirm transfer
Super glad I bought mine it saved me from the ED DNS phising, kek

i'm considering one. my holdings are about 11k.

right now my system is moving and HODL coins to an offline wallet, and saving either the wallet.dat or private key to a USB drive, which is locked in my fireproof gun safe.

i can't imagine one of these actually being more secure than that, but they sure do look fucking cool, and i like having new gadgets.

Yes, but in ebay

google.com

ledger nano s

order from official website. use scamadvisor to check traffic and whois data to confirm official site

not on ebay
buy from vendor

if they are mostly erc20 it's okay. but i'm spread thin in both erc20 and non erc20 tokens, the ledger has little to no memory to install more then three/four apps. example: you can store eth, btc, ripple but then it's full. you can still add erc20 tokens like link, rlc,... but you cannot download the neo wallet; you will need to delete another wallet first. that said: deleting the wallet does not delete the coins, but just the interface. you can store ripple, delete the ripple app, install the neo app and store neo. if you need to access the ripple you can delete the neo app and reinstall the ripple one.

their site has them on preorder

The ones on the market are expensive as fuck

If you have a virus your wallet.dat is compromised, kek

Also confirming the transaction is cool so you're guaranteed to not send to wrong address if you check even if virus

Got 50k USD. I should probably buy one soon.

>not buying it on ebay
They make it even easier to use by setting your Ledger up for you in advance

Are there any transaction fees/time when sending coins to the ledger?

nigger, I bought one at 2k

kys when you loose 50k. LEDGER IS A GUARANTEE

I have one and also a Trezor. Shit suxs if you chase pump and dumps due to transfer times/fees. However, being too lazy to get my Ledger out of my safe has saved me a few times. I think it's worth it if you have 5 figures of crypto. I sleep a lot better after storing my long term holds on my hardware wallets.

thats a very good point actually.

>what's an antivirus?

kek, how can anyone fall for that

yes, from ebay.

It sends it over the blockchain to a wallet on the blockchain

the ledger holds the private key in the device itself

np.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/7obot7/all_my_cryptocurrency_stolen/

>I have not used my Ledger in a week, today I decide to check the value of my XRP, Litecoin and Dash only to discover that all of them showed up as zero and had been transferred somewhere else yesterday all around the same time at 7:30pm. I am not sure how this is possible as I have not access my Ledger in a week. I do not know what do to as the total value is over £25000, has by currency been stolen or is it something else? I am at a lost here and right now feel so physical sick. Some please help.

you can however reset the ledger and create a new 24 seed kek.

>antivirus
Is this a joke? I could get past antiviruses when I was thirteen with obfuscators that make the file look different when it opens.

FUD

FULLY UNDETECTABLE

TWELVE YEAR OLDS SELL THESE PROGRAMS ON HACKING FORUMS RETARD

correct me if i'm wrong, but i know there's a backup function. what's to stop them from backing up the wallet, sending it to you, and restoring it on their end in 6 months after you put your coins in and taking everything?

Be real niggas and keep your shit on few different exchanges. Ledger is a meme

Debating getting one as well after the crazy Dec run-up. Just finally moved my REQ off of Binance, but I should be doing more to protect myself.

>when i was thirteen

antiviruses have come a long way in the last 2 years

If you fully wipe/reset your Ledger, a new key will be generated

Generate a new seed, only the ledger company could compromise the security. It's likely there's a finate number of seeds on the ledger itself which could be bruteforced and compromised to obtain every private key in 10-20 years

if you are buying storing tokens, get one. Comfiest and most secure way to store your shit.
Got one with my first 3k and it was perfect to use when catching ICOs.

Whatever retard, loose your 11k due to incompetence

Antiviruses are a placebo and only catch known malware which takes about a month to get put into the system

pussy ass niggas
Aint no one gonna hack your binance account
I keep all my coins there for quick access and trades

prove wrong

they are expensive as fuck on ebay right now though

i still use a regular qt wallet ever since 2013

Binance responds to emails in chinese

think about that for a second

> nobody has ever hacked an exchange before

Nigga you retarded. Besides, I trust myself before I trust some Chink company.

I got it for $70 on blackfriday with shipping, kek

Should of bought more

I'm actually increasingly nervous about letting my coins there, I have quite a bit of money now that alts mooned hard. But I want to wait until tuesday to see if they update their withdrawal fees.

I remember i payed a hundred bucks or so for the ones I own. It was the profit I got for a couple of quick sell/buy orders, with the use they already payed themselves by several orders of magnitude and believe me it's the perfect middle ground between convenience, security and peace of mind.

yes! order asap cause the shipping will be by buying order

DO NOT buy from ebay/amazon unless you want to have your coins stolen

>np.reddit.com/r/ledgerwallet/comments/7obot7/all_my_cryptocurrency_stolen/

KEK.
Fucking retards

My dad just got cucked out of $1500 because Norton, McAfee and Winblows Defender didn't detect a virus he had. AVs are the original tech scam.

Boot into Tails if you want to fuck with your wallets.

Literally a gimmick for normies too dumb to figure out how to store their private keys.

Literally can do the same thing with a USB stick with a linux distro and VeraCrypt

To the fools thinking leaving your coins on an exchange is safe, have a read up about MtGox and Cryptsy. Yes at the time we thought those were safe.

Google exchanges like Mt Gox and Cryptsy. Both were hacked or the owner ran away with all coins.

China has no obligation to help you when binance/kucoin runs away with your coins. Or if it gets hacked. There are no laws protecting you.

Even if you don't believe in a hardware wallet, at least keep your own software wallets.

lmao look at this nerd

>actually work in IT for the last decade
>child on a egyptian basket weaving board who has never rolled out AVs for a huge company telling me my wallet.dats in a locked safe are gonna catch a virus

do your parents know you're on the computer?

One keylogger on your host OS and your whole system falls appart.

nigga stop lying i could create an undectable remote access tool in one afternoon

you are a fucking nigger. The best you can do is to keep the shit you plan to hold long term on an offline wallet/ledger/trezor and keep some on one or more exchanges to do your day trade/pumps. As a rule of thumb I don't keep more than 30% of my whole stash on exchanges.
If shit hits the fan I won't be left whinning on some laotian cum puppet show forum on how I lost all my money like the stupid ass nigger that deludes himself thinking exchanges are air tight safe

i - i can trust the chinks right?

I can't be fucked to find 8 different wallets for my coins? feel me

you know my gunsafe doesn't have an internet connection

Just pre-ordered my ledger. The next batch ships in March. Been on the fence about it, but I figure $115 could potentially save me thousands in the future.

why should i use this over an airgapped laptop running debian + luks + wallets in multiple layers of encrypted zips

lol i'm the most careless person, i leave it on exchange. I leave my self logged on always

And when i'm on my phone out i have wifi out and open up binance to trade sometimes

you'd have to use an offline airgapped pc with a clean OS and a clean wallet to generate a seed and store on a usb.

You're still going to have to expose your private key to send anything

i might pick one up for 160, saving 50 bucks by waiting two months doesn't seem worth it to me

not true, you can sign transactions on the airgapped pc and move the transaction w/o private key to the hot pc

people did it with BTC and electrum

nice i didn't know that

I can see how now

also user if you are doing it right you make 100 bucks in 15 minutes. Consider it an investment and you will be more than happy about it when you use it for ICOs.

>6053531 (niga)
I bet you do, I hope you do. For some of us to make money we need retards doing stupid shit elsewhere. We salute you

so then where do you create your myetherwallet?

Ledger vs Trezor?

nice roast but
is completely right. AV's don't do shit. The best AV you can have is common sense. So many ways to bypass and now that crypto is a thing, hackers aren't exactly going to encrypt their viruses half-ass.

i got it right away when i put 2500 euro in it, now sitting on 11k... really comfy with my shit in there

>I never used a hardware wallet or know what the fuck it does, the post

I do not understand how some of you can even do complex tasks like taking a shit without eating it afterwards

both are fine, read recently that trezor is not as secure but it would not be a walk in the park to actally get the keys from it

>implying a keylogger can make sense of my AES-256 encrypted keystrokes
LMAO

yup, ordered mine after my portfolio pushed over 20k

There is zero downside to owning one, 160 bucks to guarantee I dont go to zero. I just wont buy some stupid shit in the next month like beers for a few weekends

You will need one after making lambo money here

discord (dot) gg (slash) Q4AgGVy

With the Meltdown and Spectre vulnerabilities out there you'd have to be a complete retard not to shell out $80 for one. Also a HW protected you against the EtherDelta DNS phishing.

>Veeky Forums cannot into airgapped laptops
sad

>new batch of ledger nano not available until March

What THE FUCK

How long does a ledger last? Is it rechargable?

FUGGGGGGG

How can I put TRX and XVG on my Ledger? Mine just arrived.

great way to view it!

and since i started this thread my folio has jumped up the price of one ledger on amazon. I think its fate

No battery, non-volatile, runs off of USB.

oh interesting. I thought it was something that would expire after a couple years and requires a new one to be purchased. This is a no brainer really

> I think its fate

That's a wierd way to call Google Analytics.

mfw I got the last non-preorder one from the official site and it will be here in a week

No point in it if you daytrade with all your funds and it's lower than 5 digits

Not to mention catching forks. There was a recent fork named Ethereum Fog and if you have your Ether on Conbase you'll be at their mercy to release them to you.

Have 17k, buying one today for my hodl coins

buy on ebay dude no need to preorder

I dont day trade

If you wanna be a moonmissionmissoutfag order it, biatch! :-/

They'll only start shipping the 20. March

MEW gotta do until then.

BAD IDEA

Ledger on eBay= all your coins stolen. Eat a fuck, nigger.

I own one (purchased directly from the vendor) and it gives me constant problems. Bitcoin wallet stuck in constant sync, not opening at all for the first few tries etc.

Judging from the Reddit, a huge number of people end up having similar problems.

I've concluded that I'm far more likely to lose coins by continually transferring them from hardware wallet to exchange (and vice versa) than just keeping them on the exchanges themselves.

Obviously if you plan to hold coins for years though then it's best to get one. Just make sure you keep your 24-word phrase safe because I can't see these things lasting that long.

What would you recommend instead of the Ledger then

do NOT use ebay
you WILL get scammed

No. Just wait until March when the price drops again. $130 is too much. Use a software wallet in the meantime.

kek this
Plus real niggas day trade and increase their stack, can't do that constantly transferring out of shitwallet