When to get off a train

I wanna make enough to not end up like pic related. I am 19 years old right now. Put 2.5k Euros into cryptos on Dec 08, so a month ago. I am sitting at around 11k but that's kinda meh.

I want retirement money. I am not talking about 100k, I want 500k euros at least.

I was thinking about jumping ship when my holdings reach a certain point (For example: REQ=5 dollars or more depending on dev) and switching to new upcoming projects.

How often would I need to do this? I am semi-early on 1 project where I have about 40% of the portfolio, then 40% in req which is already pretty advanced and I see a maximum of 10x in the upcoming 6 months which won't get me far and then I have 20% in lamden TAU which could turn out huge.

What's your gameplan to make it?
I think just holding is simply too lazy and will end in stagnation...

>500k
>retirement money

I mean, that would build me a home and I could chill for a couple of years investing in other shit...
of course over a million would be better...

I've been thinking about this, but the reality is we might be in for an anemic stock market, similar to Nikkei. The retirement gains might not pan out, I'm keeping money in crypto for now.

You’re too young to start thinking like this. Better build some skills and a trade or you’re gonna get fucked sideways. Also you need 5mil min to actually retire

>5mil min to actually retire

He's right, 5-10 mio (depending on where you live) and you'll never have to work a single day in your life

Build tangible skills until you're 30yo, then you will think about retirement

Yeah obviously he’ll have to work, but it’s way comfier to have a home/place to live and not have to worry about expenses for the next few years even if shit hits the fan. Being from eastern yuropoor my goal is to get an apartment from this and I’m set for life.

not being a burgerfag, I can retire with 500k€ easy, average monthly paycheck is 800€, I already have my own house and a car,ez

How much you guys think is retirement money? Seriously, there are extremely safe investments where I live that would make 20-40% a year of our crypto investments.

Out of €500k that's freaking €10000 a month, how much more do you fags need? Do you live in Tokyo or something?

Be patient dude. What you are asking for is 500% in a year. This, in normal markets, would be unheard of.

1) Lower your expectations. You aren't entitled to $500k, despite being in a good position to get it.

2) You have made more than 400% ROI in one month, and you are feeling average about it. This is ridiculous.

Be grateful for anything above 2x per year, but also be aware that your $500k goal is attainable. Day trade if you want, but you will likely lose money, so invest instead. Holding doesnt mean you have to hold it for a year, but don't make my mistake of jumping from one alt to another.

TL;DR: Chill out, do research and learn economics and you will be fine.

Worse, I live in Geneva (second most expensive city in the world, go check it out)

for that money I could buy 4 small apartments each giving me 500 a month in rent. 2000 a month is easy enough to never work again.

>500% in a year is unheard of

i'm up literally 500% on my link investment

thats exactly my point. to own a house would be the fucking dream right now

>d y
I think he means 5,000%

Good luck then user. You should check out some cheaper cities after you make it. Lots of great cheap places to live.

thanks for the advice! i am not thinking of achieving it in 1 year or so but it's goddamn exciting to think about the possibilities...

Where are you from?

>where the fuck do you live that you need 5 million to retire

lol where the fuck do YOU live that you can retire on 500k? Im europoor and for 500 grand you can maybe buy a house around here. also you fags never seem to factor in inflation. in 20 years those 500 grand will be worth half of what they are today.

>there are extremely safe investments where I live that would make 20-40% a year of our crypto investments.

maybe in kazakhstan or whatever shithole you live. in the first world you can forget about seeing returns like that. I wouldnt even think about retirement before I hit 5 million personally

that would make more sense. i think OP should hodl and keep investing into other nonshitcoins. im 23 and have made 10k in crypto since november while keeping my cozy office job.. OP should get into a trade and not be a lazy shit. its good to work and have crypto investments so when its time to actually own a house you can do so easily

NOW
go fiat now. Buy all the dips in 2-3 months.
Retirement money will come to you in next bubble cycle.

related:

Moving out is not that easy, all my family and friends live here and have nowhere else to go.

Also quality of life is so high here (safe environment, high quality food and services etc.)
I dont think I could be satisfied anywhere else now

yeah I believe if you plan it out correctly you could do it with 500k euros cash and nothing else
Buy a cheap but nice house somewhere really comfy, don't buy a car or something right away, live a very simple lifestyle and invest the rest (hopefully over 200k) into things you see safe returns on, maybe even start a business for fun but no big capital investment

think about something like eastern germany, cheap as fuck houses and apartments, actually pretty nice areas (for example the villages around dresden are unbelievably beautiful) and the same standarts as you already know and love when it comes to the rest

I don't speak German. Spent 7 years at school learning it, and hated every lesson of it desu
Geneva is in the French speaking part of Swiss, so maybe I could go and live in France

Thanks for the (You)

I could probably retire with 500k, i’d take around 200k to buy two apartments in the city centre. One for me and the second for airbnb renting to have a steady cash flow. The rest i’d put into safer investments. If after inflation I had 3.5% returns on the 300k left, that would still net me 7k euros per year, which is doable in my country + the income from the property. So I could live without working a day in my life.

He means on a normal investment you idiots. You’re lucky if you’re hitting low double digits with “normal” investment tools.