Ethereum ETH

What are your ethereum price predictions throughout the year?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/vitalikbuterin/status/760185856057638913?lang=en
youtu.be/KTf5j9LDObk
discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

2000 EOY

2000 in february
then little dip maybe to 1750 range
3000-5000 EOTY unless the entire market crashes and I think it's highly unlikely before that point

I predicted 300 EOY 2017 and was out by a factor of 3 so I'm going to say 6000 for 2018

realistically I think network congestion will slow it's price growth in 2018

I still think it's the best long term hold though - if they can churn out the first iteration of sharding in a reasonable time frame (think I heard an estimate of a year), then ETH has won crypto for the foreseeable future

more like 20000

Ultra-conservatively: $1,500
Conservatively: $2,500
Liberally: $4,000
Wishful thinking: $5,000

Really? I was thinking 2000 end of Q1, 5000 EOY

2000 FEB
4500 EOY

eth is actually used for real things, so if it gets congested it will go back down

>realistically I think network congestion will slow it's price growth in 2018
you realize Casper is right around the corner, right? read up unless you are trying to FUD

>ultra conservative: 1500
Kek its at 1100 right now surely youre not THAT conservative

also this, if they can actually fix the congestion issue then its GG

I hold 60 ETH (90% of my portfolio)

Casper !== scalability

Casper paves the way for sharding, which is what we need to solve congestion

>3000-5000 EOTY
Agree with this

3k EOY

OVEEEEEER NINEEEEEEEEEEEE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANDDDDDDDDDD

Casper still gives Ethereum a 4-5x boost in TPS.

6k easily

I've mostly been trading shitcoins for gains, but reading up on casper made me FOMO in for 1 ETH

I hope that's true - never heard that anywhere though

Sharding in its current state is good enough to support thousands of transactions per second. Strap in faggots we're going to the moon

Once scaling solutions are in place and Proof of Stake go live the sky is the limit.

I honestly see $10,000 or higher in one year

+1k every month

It's gonna be a repeat of BTC in 2017

The block time target for Casper is 2-7s vs the current 15s. The gas limit will be unchanged on a 2s block time meaning the TPS will drastically increase.

twitter.com/vitalikbuterin/status/760185856057638913?lang=en

This is an old mention of it. Vitalik estimates 50-100 TPS.

Thats what I was thinking
youtu.be/KTf5j9LDObk

Should I just put 3.5k into ethereum and cash out at EoY day trading and biz surfing is starting to control my life

Lets look at the fundamentals.

Out of any project in the entire crypto space, Ethereum has the most potential, its not even close. Ethereum is not even close to being fully operational and is #3 currently.

Investing in ethereum is like getting a chance to invest in Windows. Every smart contract is potentially going to run on the ethereum network. These smart contracts are going to be one of the most disruptive technologies of all time.

In terms of overall development, again not a single other crypto comes close. EEA is absolutely huge. More partnerships than you can count. They all see the potential for Eth. They know its coming.

All cryptos have issues, and scaling is a pretty big obstacle. Do you really think bitcoin is going to be the ones to solve that, or some other shitcoin? Ethereum has been hiring the best and the brightest devs, just like facebook and apple.

Ethereum is a FUCKING FORCE OF NATURE.

If you think that it cannot hit 10K this year you are wrong. Bitcoin was first, and you have to give respect for that, but at the fore front of the technological evolution, its already generations behind. Too much money and too many people are coming in too fast, and they will learn. We might see a few more months of high supply pumpage but that too will calm down.

Ethereum is THE #1 Crypto in terms of current development and future potential. Bitcoin and ripple are simply one application to move money around. Ethereum is the network of the future.

that is fucking sexy

thanks for the info

I FOMO bought 1 ETH today because I felt the same way. I wanted a safe coin to go along with my relatively safe alt picks. I go back to my final semester of college with a heavy course load and I don't want to fuck that up by sitting in the back shitposting on Veeky Forums and constantly checking binance

There are several really great long term hold projects out there. I mean Eth is a safe bet absolutely, but you can probably squeeze out more by diversifying and taking on some higher risk investments. It's a massive bull market, so it would be very hard to lose out if you follow projects with good teams, lots of backing and actual use cases (like Vechain and Icon for example) .

I was toying with alts for few motnhs, only made like 20k with 4,5k investment,
Yesterday bought 60 ETH with good portion of my fiat savings at 1k kicking myself that I didn't do it one week earlier
I'm certain we are going to the moon

2000 by end of feb. too many erc-20 tokens floating around lately. btc is a shitcoin anyways.

You just made me okay with my 1090USD buy user. Its a good deal of money for me, but I'm in this one without touching it for the whole year.

>there are still people on Veeky Forums fudding ETH this hard

We need VB to push out those scaling upgrades or all might be lost

Questions like this are better to be asked in the discord group...
discord gg/Z8P8VJp

Active development, active community. Its just beginning.

Q4 2017—Contribution Period v1.0
Q4 2017—Excess Token Burn
2017 through Q1 2018—Heavy Development
Q1 2018—Alpha release
Q2 2018—Beta release
Q3 2018—Full Desktop version release
Q4 2018—Open-source community contributions, potential for Android/iOS application feasibility

Strap in lads! Rocket boosters are Upfiring.

pajeet

मैं एक पू त्वचा नहीं हूँ

kek

you are all fucking retarded, eth is hitting 15k eoy

This. There's really no point in even trying to FUD ETH. ETH is king now, its basically damn near decoupled from BTC and this year will eventually completely dethrone BTC to take the #1 spot.

UFR will be the next ETH so why not grab some now before its too late.

One of my greatest mistakes in life was selling my eth, I bought back in but Ill regret that trade for the rest of my life

I've bought an oz of weed for about a BTC when BTC was ~$180. I'm sober now and that decision haunts me late at night

Q2: 3000
Q3: 10000
Q4: 250

>250
Lol

Normies getting TETHER'd + Vitalik quitting to join an ashram in Nepal.

Zero. EOS will cannabalize the entire market except ChainLink and BTC

youtu.be/KTf5j9LDObk

what price did you sell at?

Hodling since $10 here.

If you check ETH's trend since it's inception in 2015 and you extend its trendlines into 2018/2019 you can see ETH can easily go 5000-10000 and even up to 20000.

If you ask me 5000 is just a matter of time, as long updates keep coming out and Coinbase keeps backing ETH like they have so far.

10000 is easy if even only 1 or 2 apps go mainstream. Apps like Augur, OmiseGo, Ethfinex, Funfair, you name it.

Vitalik is on course to solve scaling in crypto, and if they succeed 20k or even 30k will be a breeze. The Ethereum network will be opened up to worldwide full mainstream work and the world will be better for it.

tl;dr: Don't feel bad for messing up your trade, you still belong to the 0.001%. Sure you won't become a multimillionaire, but 1 or 2 million fiat is still very possible if you own 50-100 ETH.

Just be patient and hodl. Luckily ETH is the easiest to hodl since its roadmap, dev team and ecosystem instill so much confidence.

I think bitcoin will remain on top but ethereum is going to be huge.

Scam

h-how much do u have master of anons?

mooning baby

Why the fuck would Bitcoin remain on top in a future world where normies understand alts?

>normies
>understand alts
kek

I'll make you an offer you cant refuse. check out ufr / upfiring quick.

Also do you guys think BTC is in a bulltrap right now?
Also how will this affect ETH because I sure as hell don't want RPX to make it big when the senile king falls of his throne

Poorfag with 5 ETH

Selling my ETH to buy ENG and LINK. Either the best or worse decision I'll ever make

Worst choice. Buy more ETH instead.

At least 5x leverage user

Absolute worst, I wouldn't give up my 3 ETH if I even had a gun to my head, i'd kill to keep that shit

>Buys more ETH with ETH
Riiiiiight...

$25,000

$3,000 in April - screen cap this

$4k to $10k

Dont fail us Money skelly

please don't fail us.. Put a slug into the back of grandpas head please, I'm tired of him fondling the ALTs

Would like a dip back to 1k to buy more.

Don't know if this will happen Q1, or ever...

The flippening is back on.

It will drop to $100 because Money Skelly will create more ETH because he's a commie.

holy shit this thread has me super hipped up..

Yeah honestly my biggest holding is ETH right now but Vitalik is kind of a faggot and I do fear he will wake up one day and do something completely pants on head retarded and the coin will go to 0. I guess there are ups and downs.

How was dat weed tho?

So even buying ETH at current spot price is a fantastic investment if we missed out earlier?

dude yes wtf. We're just getting started.

In all seriousness, my biggest holding is in ETH also, but I diversified a bit into XMR and BTC after reading a through Vitalik's interviews. I'd assume pressure from the exchanges would stop him from making any retarded decisions regarding ETH's price, but peace of mind is priceless.