Have you ever held a coin through a 20+% loss? did it eventually pay off in the end?

have you ever held a coin through a 20+% loss? did it eventually pay off in the end?

Yeah.
No.

Bitcoin dropped like 30% after china banned ICO's and shutdown exchanges during Sept 2017.

HODL is the name of the game, user

Yeah, Ethereum tanked last summer to 10 cents, then recovered to $217, which was $120 less than it was a few hours before. Now look at ETH.

WTC, Nuls, Link, pretty much every coin.

Yes and yes, SNT

xlm, 45 pourcent loss, idc anymore at this point.

I bought TRX at about $0.24 a couple of days ago, a couple of hours ago I was at about a 40% loss but now it's only 18% and I'm sure I'll even make some profit soon.

I did. I held POWR through like a 50% loss. It did pay.

Yeah and then sold it after holding for months only for it to fucking moon.

Zcoin. Sold at 11 dollars.100s

Vertcoin sold 1000s at .90 cents

Bcash

Verge

Poe

I just hold now and I'm finally up. Doing the trades had lost 15k and 200k in phantom gains

Fucking summerfag. I held through -80% during Gox

Signatum, 80%loss. Never paid off.

Also I heard in my group yesterday that someone was holding confido before it crashed. They sold their bags yesterday since it mooned.

buying trx near ath lol

Man I completely wiped that shit from my memory, you just brought all the memories rushing back.
What the fuck was wrong with me why did I buy that trash. I was down 80% on that shit

20%? Coins swing more than that daily. Is this your first day?

Link and yes it did pay off.

you will user. EOY will be at least $1 trust.

EBET I held through like an 80% loss and now it's up like 400% today so I'm :)

impressive. you really sold none? ur a chad lol

Bought bitcoin cash at ath (2.2k) during the Korean pump, their exchange crashed and it dropped to 1k, held for month+ and sold at 3k eventually

never sell for a loss

Yeah like every week. And half of the time it pays off

It didn’t tank it was an error in the structure of the order book on GDAXs part

Some of us have been around since 2013 and further...

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Systemic failure of exchanges upon which the entire crypto economy relied upon. I watched the market go illiquid, and people dragged off in hand-cuffs. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Buy REQ.

>have you ever held a coin through a 20+% loss?
Yes. Mazacoin, TenX, and Litecoin.

> did it eventually pay off in the end?
Only Litecoin did.

Bought $150 of DNT, became $1200, shrank to $200 sep-dec. Now it's $1400 and climbing. Never sell things you believe in.

20% is not a big swing for crypto. The answer is yes and yes. Several times.

yes. omg crashed last fall. shit sucked. it's currently at ath

Disgusting

Bought BTC at an average of 16.2k then it tanked to around 10k. Finally decided to get into alts a few days ago when BTC was at 14k because I was tired of waiting to recoup my money.

wow, racist much?

XRP, yes it paid off but I did sell way too many of them. I bought at .005 went to .4, back to .1, then as we all know.. I think the HODL meme is true but not short term. Fuck, I'd be over 500k if I had held.

LOL when I bought TRX at 29 sats just cause I had some left over sats.

>one of my coins kept bleeding
>kept bagholding over for 2 years, down 85%
>coin goes on to do 100x

fuck it feels good to have bought bitcoin before the 2013 bubble

I unironically purchased more. People thought I was legit retarded. I'm what they call a whale now.
You mad white boi?

Yes

This. Remember the early version of Gox? Remember satoshi shit posting on bitcointalk and subtly calling people who didn't understand the tech retards?

I was down about 70% on Link through November.
Never sold a single one and accumulated to 200K on the bottom and they way down.
Damn it feels good to be a Linksta

I remember. We are the few remaining veterans.

They will never understand us. How could they?

NICE larp

yes, yes
the latest one was RPX

Yeah emc2 and it never recovered. So I sold

Yes. I had absolute trust in Walton

I'm holding Salt. The dollar value has actually risen 10%, but it dropped 32% in terms of ETH. I bought low, and it keeps getting lower. It isn't that much money, and some people are manipulating Salt's price, so I keep it expecting it to rise at some point (or else why would they be so intent in accumulating so much) but I can't wait for it to surge to finally get rid of it. Any day now. Any day now...

try 40% and I was all in.

it would have but I cut my losses and made it back on another coin

When I started off, I bought 1838 IXT at $0.65 to $0.70 each—and then it kept on dropping in September and October, until it stayed at around $0.20 for what seemed like fucking decades. Of course, in sats, the loss was especially devastating.
In fiat, it has just recently begun to become worth it—but I would've made much more just by holding the funds in Bitcoin.
The bottom line is, I absolutely should have waited—or, sold close to the time that it started to plummet, and Bitcoin started to rise. Granted, I truly didn't expect it to drop as much as it did (for as long as it remained of lesser value), but that's beside the point.
Certainly glad that I have some now—but I could've had ten times as much. jUsT fUcK mY sHiT uP, sEnPaI

Pretty much this, unless u have a stop limit loss where u accept some tiny loss, but never sell these dips, u will get destroyed in the long run...

yep, really fucking scared when eth crashed late feb 16'

Hory shit my dude you're gonna be rich af
Congrats user

I held ChainLink from 16BTC to 2.8BTC.

Now I'm 5x my initial in fiat. Hands of fucking stone.

so many newfags in here. eth crashed from 400+ to 150 in like 2 weeks over summer.

If I followed that advice I'd still have nothing but Digibyte bags. Sometimes you have to cut losses. Better advice is never sell at a loss on a whim.

That’s why a coin like BBT is your best option, such a small market cap and great product that those type of swings are irrelevant.

you're not special you fucking faggot

>at least $1 trust
>trust

Nigger detected

Idk, I'm still holding onto STRAT and it's been tanking like a fuck. Lost around 30% so far with it, dunno, I'll keep on holding though. Next time i'll set up stop losses.

Yes, i held XLM through the 50% drop between PBC release and IBM partnership announcement.

I know there are a few marines on this board who endured with me

>bought LINK at .48 cents
>crashes to .17 cents
>knew the project was great so went all in

Held WTC during ATH at $2.5 right before the Sept China FUD. Held all the way down to $1 and bought the dip. Yes it paid off.

bought bitcoin cash at 4k

rip

>STRAT
>tanking
it hit ATH a few hours ago. are you drunk?

Yes and yes.

yeah, i bought rdd when it was 80 sats, then it plummeted to like 12 sats, and i lost most of my portfolio. now its at 180 sats or so. sometimes patience is rewarded

Bought it at 44c myself, watched it go all the way down to 13c at one point. Was my first investment into crypto as well, but it payed off. Iota and Raiblocks moons has netted me thousands in the meantime

I held LTC from $33 to $4 (-87%) for four years and
now we're here, ~$270/LTC

you do know that at one point, strat was like 500k right, earlier in the year? or are you new

this happens daily...wtf

LMAO /pol/ is literally soy central. They're masters of projection.

Pretty sure I'm fucked here

What are you smoking dude.

US fucking dollars. it's at ATH

Held a shit ton of Kuck Shares from 14k to 4k. Never sold at loss. Sold my last bit at 89k.

That shit isn't worth >100k, btw.

Just to name a few:
BAT
LTC
ETH
BTC
XMR
I held on and I'm profiting nicely.

ETH. Dip to 90 or 80.i don't remember

Yep had ENJ bags at -80% but couldn't be bothered to sell them for such little money.
Now I am up 500% ROI

This is my favourite timeline.

I've been holding my TRUMPs for over a year now. They're up bigly. Except I lost my 2FA for YoShit, and their fucking support won't respond to any emails or help desk tickets for going on three months now.

Hold me. =(

Yeah I dumped that shit finally

DGB arbitrarily moons every few months, you would have been fine. I think it's some P&D group's plaything

I don't care about usd nigger.

>Bought link at 44 cents
>It went down when I wasnt looking
>Noticed it at .17 cents
>Transferred all my ETH and bought LINK instead of holding ETH
I could have had a couple grand in ETH right now but I'm still waiting for LINK

I have 15k in link do i hope i make it and cash out next year

But you're measuring the ATH in USD brainlet.

Yeah I really need to get a hardware wallet now all my shit is mooning.

I have a few thousand on ED. Litterally don't care it got hacked because nigger the smart contracts are still smart contracts and it's making me rich(er)