If you didn't have any crypto

If you didn't have any crypto

would you buy any now?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jpCWCm4KbiM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Not at these prices, nope.

There might be another 100% before the correction, but is it worth trying to time it? You'd be better off at a roulette table.

ABC user, Always Be Buying

Nope

No, especially when registration has been shut down on the major exchanges.

What? You're doing the fucken opposite of what you should be doing. As soon as reg re-opens these shitcoins are going to soar. I'm stocked up on all the cheap bullshit on binance for it, they were ALL skyrocketing before they closed reg.

Not in my country

This is what i told myself when btc was 3000$

Of course. We're still at the beginning of this thing, there are fortunes to be made here. Putting in more tomorrow.
I'll put this question to you, OP, and everyone who said no: if you don't think an investment today will yield a return, then why haven't you cashed out?

Anyone who gets in within the next 1-3 years is going to be a millionaire unless they're completely retarded. If you want to be safe you can literally just sit in ETH for 5 years. You will make a lot of money but you'll miss out on huge gains from playing with alts.

You couldnt even do that right

Can you elaborate on how you play with alts nowadays?

I was a miner in 2013-14 and what I did was look at new releases on bitcoin talk, and mine any shitcoin and dump it as soon as it hits an exchange

This led me to having 2.5 btc from dogecoins,fedora tips, 42coin, and a few other crap coins.

I have no market game.

don't try to swing trade or shit like that you'll be crushed by whales. DO hold alts

Yes if I just discovered Link in all honesty

So basically pick a few alts and hold them as they rise?

Do you ever switch around?

Pretty much all you can do is either sniff out pump groups and get in early and get out quick, or alternatively find a legitimately good coin with a low mcap that HAS NOT had a good pump in a long while, and hold it until you get a profit.

Anything else is gambling.

I didn’t have crypto, bought 2 weeks a go.

I bought ethereum when it was 16 dollars and sold at 600 and never looked back.
Kept that money in my savings, keep browsing and I was like fuck I’m retarded for missing out on this shit, the bubble has plenty of time left. And jumped back in, used the money I got from ETH to buy other shitcoins.

How do you "sniff out pump groups"?

Don't. The vast, VAST majority are scams. Just buy a coin and fucking hold it

I was thinking of holding ripple, ethereum, litecoins, and then trying to find 1-2 more alts that I like

does this sound good or retarded?
SPECIFICALLY to buy it all now at current prices

this guy gets it.

Let me just add, if you don't feel confident, spread your enters! Buy some now, some more next week and so on for a month.

Ripple might have another moon mission in it, but I wouldn't buy it at this price. I wouldn't buy it at all, personally, as I think it's antithetical to the revolutionary nature of cryptocurrency and will ultimately whither away once normie money stops flowing into it.
Litecoin has a future as either a transactional vehicle or a store of value, and is a solid buy, though I wouldn't be surprised if it gets slid out of the top 10 this year.
Eth is going to be around forever and is going keep going up, too much of the crypto ecosystem depends on it for it to fail without taking the whole market down with it. If a flippening ever does happen it will probably be ethereum that does it, and it could happen faster than any of us expect.
I urge you to consider some smaller altcoins, too. You probably will gain modestly in ETH and LTC, but there are a ton of projects that have come around in the last 6 months that will be giants in the cryptoeconomy, and that's where the real money will be made. There are even more shitcoins that will implode in a few months or years as the market grows up, so be diligent and DYOR.

Why do you think ripple is antithetical to crypto?

Can you explain how all of crypto depends on ethereum as a coin?

Also, as someone who only mined coins in 2013-14 and made profits from that, I still struggle to understand the existence of non mineable coins, how are they not pure scams? Who decides the amount that exists?

You could just sign up at kucoin instead with my referral code

Fuck no.
The hassle of leaving and re-entering the market. I'm long-term holding. I could probably make more by predicting the tops and bottoms, but I don't pay enough attention to crypto to daytrade. I don't know when, but I know there'll be a major correction, and that'll be the time to buy more.

>ripple is antithetical to crypto
youtube.com/watch?v=jpCWCm4KbiM

theres still time to get in user, get in on kucoin with my referral
1uhdb

Ripple is a centralized coin controlled by the financial industry that blockchain technology was created to disrupt. It's practically fiat in a crypto costume, and the coin itself isn't even structural to the function of the ripple network. Don't take my word for it, though. Do some reading before you invest.
Ethereum accounts for an enormous percentage of the transactions in the cryptoeconomy. It's got the most liquidity of any coin in the market, as it transacts quickly and can be converted to fiat for most traders. Then you have the insane proliferation of ERC-20 tokens that are built on the ethereum network. Even some projects creating their own blockchains are starting as tokens to fund their development. It's the most successful actual product that has come out of the crypto boom. And that doesn't even get into the smart contract aspect of it.
As for mining, that's a more complicated question. The short answer is that proof of stake, the next most dominant method for block generation, is a viable alternative that may be more conducive to decentralization than proof of work (mining). There's room for both, and both have their benefits and drawbacks. There's a lot to know on the subject, though, and google will tell you most of it.

Get this through your skull OP. 1 Ripple share costs only 2-3$ right now. All the news outlets are reporting it will take over Bitcoin. Bitcoin is $16,000 right now so I'll let you do the math. Stay poor pajeet

Thanks for all that info mate
Who is actually controlling ripple and how is it decided how many coins exist?

>(((the news media))) said something
>therefore it's true
Also, ripple's price would need to go to $7 without bitcoin's price changing for that to happen. Good fucking luck.

hell to the motherfuckin no, nigga you crazy?