Diversify, anons

This is the most important piece of advice I will ever provide:

DIVERSIFY YOUR CRYPTO.

Even if you only have a few hundred bucks, diversify it.

This is to protect you against your own weak hands. You may not make as much compared to going all-in on one token that moons, but it will stop you panic selling and making trading decisions out of fear which is far more likely to lose you money in the long run.

There is no greater feeling than having a diversified portfolio where even big, voltatile swings of certain cryptos barely make an impact on how much you have. It greatly reduces the panic, fear and paranoia to help you make better trading decisions long-term.

And when certain coins moon, you can skim a little from each one to re-invest elsewhere instead of worrying about pulling out completely and missing future moon missions.

You also have far better odds when it comes to hitting a x10 or x100 moon mission, even if it's for less.

Ignore the fuckheads that say go all-in and pray. With a diversified portfolio, you can make mistakes and get away with it. If you go all-in, one mistake and you're done.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zhUnEg0he4A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Plays 6 tables in online poker
>Bets 10$ each on K2, Q3, 43, A2, J5, AA instead of 100$ on the AA's

Yeah you'll surely /makeit/ that way

This, op is retarded

>playing anything below KK
Kek

Is this a joke?

>>What is hedging?
>>Not even pretending crypto trading is anything but gambling

I diversified 2k dollars after litecoin spiked 3x to a bunch of alt coins, now I have 10k dollars on the alts. 5x gains in 1 or 2 months

I want to take some 2K just for day trading now.. hoping I catch moons. Not sure where to remove that money from though

only numales diversify. u dont need fucking 20 shitcoins to make it in crypto... if u HODL one good coin u will make it... sigh

The difference is crypto is in a bull market so the average marketcap is already increasing. If you just split your money amongst ten solid random coins you’ll 3-10x your money stress free. Vs being completely enslaved to the spasticated behaviour of one coin, constantly refreshing Blockfolio.

Analogies between crypto and gambling are weak because in crypto the odds are in your favour:

>needing a feeling of artificial safety to not trade based on emotions
Diversifying isn't bad but that is a bad reason to do it. If you don't have the stomach to stick with your choices then maybe you deserve to be poor.

>research a coin that has potential and a lowish market cap
>go all in
>leave crypto for a year
>millionaire in 2019

>Even if you only have a few hundred bucks

But that's wrong, you idiot

If you're diversifying a $300 portfolio you might as well keep it in your bank account.

diversify your bonds, nigga

You better pray you've chose the right coin out of thousands then.

You better also pray that a 30% drop in your net worth in one day doesn't make you panic sell, as many, many people do.

Choose more good quality coins, and they could all moon. That will give you the same returns as going all-in on one.

If one or two coins crash or fail, no worries, you've made solid profit with the rest.

With more coins, you have a better chance of hitting a moon mission. Put $100 in 10 coins, and each one could moon x100. Put $1000 in 1 coin, and you have to hodl and pray while you're likely to see other coins mooning around you.

It works, anons. You'll feel x100 better.

Unfortunately some people don't have the stomach for it. They have to face reality and accept their own emotional limitations. Some people could make good money doing this if they can keep their emotions in check by diversifying. Without that, many are likely to lose in the long run and feel extremely stressed every hour of every day with a rollercoaster of emotions.

This is one of the exact reasons why the market is so volatile. There are way too many "all in" people where their heart falls through their ass if their only token drops by 30%.

this user gets it. i started with 1k 2 months ago and have like 50 coins. well i still did a 10x because %90 of my coins did a 10x.

Exactly.

And if you'd went all-in on one of the 10% that didn't x10, you could be at a loss now or with only tiny profit.

10 coins going x10 gives the same return as one coin going x10. People just have to pick 10 good coins. And if they don't think they can do that, why the fuck do they think they can do the much more difficult task of choosing the one coin that does moon?

Astronomical returns require taking astronomical risks.

youtube.com/watch?v=zhUnEg0he4A

Not really.

Let's say you have a number of coins that have good prospects. With all-in, you have to choose one coin and sacrifice the rest. By diversifying, you can be in all of them.

Now let's say you have 10 coins to choose from. You have a 1/10 chance of hitting the x10. One mistake and you've just missed loads of profit and are potentially at a loss.

If you invest in all 10, then 9 going x10 gives you a x9 return if the other one doesn't move in price.

If 8 moon, you have x8

If 7 moon, you have x7

If 6 moon, you have x6

If 5 moon, you have x5.

So you have much more opportunity for profit, and far fewer risks, AND the possibility of all 10 or at least 9 of them giving you the x9 or x10 return you'd get by going all-in on one coin.

You also open yourself up to better odds of landing on a coin that goes way past expectations and does a x100.

And all the while, there's no stress, worry or panic selling.

Astronomic returns come from diversifying. It actually makes it easier.

The probability of catching moon missions increases with diversifying but if you're extremely lucky you can earn more by going all in.

Sure.

You need extreme luck though, and for every person who gets that luck, there will be 10 others that don't and come crying on this board.

Alternatively, they will go all-in and see the value drop by 30% overnight, make an irrational decision, maybe panic sell, and then the coin moons afterwards. Happens all the time.

People can trade however they like, but I guarantee there are some people on here, probably a lot, where they will end up with more money in 6 months by diversifying than if they'd went all-in on one coin.

It's risk/reward, man. The ratio is important and plays a huge role in future returns. Some will win, some WILL lose.

Might I also add that diversification gets more effective as your net worth grows. Be a little patient and gradually build $1k to $10k, and then you can have $1k in 10 potential x100 moon missions.

Hit one of those correctly, and you can go into 10 potential x100 moon missions with $10k each. Hit one of those right and voila, you're a millionaire.

>only numales diversify. u dont need fucking 20 shitcoins to make it in crypto... if u HODL one good coin u will make it... sigh

i made it pretty good in eth, when it hit like 200 i went into 7 or 8 various shitcoins that are all in the top 30 now with half my stack.

I am down. All my shitcoins are up, but the total is still down what it would have been staying in eth.

so, yes. take one of the top coins and fucking stay in it. chasing shitcoins is pure gambling.

Started with 2.5k three weeks ago, spread that around into 6 different coins. Caught 2 moon missions out of 6 coins, the rest 2-4x'd since then, the others went 8x and 12x. Portfolio at 12k now. There were dips along the way, my portfolio would drop by 20% in a day. Just held on for dear life and didn't sell. Now I actually have enough $ to do something. I'd echo OP's advice.

Yeah diversify....but you should still build a stack that you can liquidate quickly if you find a good and easy 2x or more.

I don't post here often - I hate how this place turned out to be. But this is the first topic in a while that genuinely aims to help others, so I'll give you guys some pointers (I'm not rich, but I turned $100 into 10000 in 6 months).

>DIVERSIFY YOUR CRYPTO
OP is right, this will shield you from major value swings and boost your chances of benefiting from a moon mission.

>INVEST IN ALTCOINS - IGNORE SHITCOINS AND Veeky Forums
If you invest in proper coins that have a detailed market use and an active dev team, you're set. Even if these coins tank in value (see DGB, RDD, Sia), they'll eventually rise back up - because they're serious projects. Don't waste your time with stuff like mooncoin, it isn't worth it.

Do your own research, and don't trust Veeky Forums. It is filled with pajeets trying to drop their bags on you.

>SELL ANYTIME THE VALUE GOES UP BY AT LEAST 20%
Holding is stupid. As soon as you see that shitcoin of yours go up in value, SELL IT. Sure, it could to the moon, but you're way better off playing it safe. Sell it, and keep a close eye on it to buy when it goes down again (protip - they will ALWAYS go down).

>DON'T FALL FOR THE HODL MEME
Way before the DGB fiasco, I bought it at 800 sats. It went up as high as 2400 sats, but I didn't sell - as I believed in the hodl meme. I could have tripled my money, but instead ended up holding massive bags for over 6 months.

>NEVER SELL AT A LOSS
Holding is a meme, UNLESS if you're at a loss. As long as you've invested in a serious coin, it WILL go up in value again. DGB just tanked from 2400 to 300 sats? If you were desperate, you wouldn't be able to recover from DGB's recent moon mission (which took over 6 months to happen).

Follow these simple steps and YOU WILL make money from crypto. And here's a pic of a shit shirt I'm selling on Amazon.