Is it possible to retire off of 1 million dollars...

Is it possible to retire off of 1 million dollars? I don't aspire for great and big things like mansions or vacations in Italy and France. What's stopping me from dropping 1 million into a vanguard index fund and living off the interest?

yes.
google search "mr money moustache"

Sure it is. Though you'd probably be better off getting a cozy part time job like working in the local book store on top of that.

If you already have a house and don't want kids then its perfectly doable.

i dont have time to read that faggots entire website

can u give me the tldr on mmm

Yes. Especially so if you move to a part of the country with cheap cost of living.

For me it is since my mortage is only 100k and all other expenses to lock up forever would be like 200k. I would reinvest the other 450k into crypto and the 401k I'm still in (kinda considering of getting out though) or turn it into a roth IRA. All I need is free housing and all expenses paid and I'm good with like 4k a month. If I could get more, great, but that's all I need to be happy senpai.

Then no you can't live off a million.

What's the cheapest (but safest) area/state to live in the USA?

I brought this up in another thread but I got no responses. I'm trying to brain storm the ideal living location for a crypto investor. Assuming of course you aren't living at home.

as someone with $1m, no. i need $2m to be comfy

After or before taxes?

Seriously why so much money? Are you very social and want to travel refugee Europe? Or maybe rape and pillages islands. Maybe some strange spider will kill you in New Zealand?

The states with the least amount of blacks.

>What's stopping me from dropping 1 million into a vanguard index fund and living off the interest?
Absolutely nothing. If you live frugally most people could live comfy for the rest of their lives on 1 mil, even without moving to some Asian country. There are plenty of places in the US with low cost of living.

Hell, I'm old enough I wouldn't even have to consider interest. $1MM is 25 years of $40k/yr. 33 years at $30k/yr. That's without even figuring in interest, that's just burning principal.

The problem is, like most lottery winners, most people go full turbonigger when you give them wealth. Gold, cars, bitches, and big houses. Lambos are a nigger meme, for people joking about how they're going to make it big and fail even bigger.

I think it's possible if you already own a house/apartment. Personally, I'm aiming for 1.5-3 mil, just to be safe.

after taxes. i've been wage cucking for the last 15 years at a very large public company. i know what i like to spend per month for my lifestyle, so $2m is the goal. i COULD live on $1m, but i wouldn't be happy.

>Invest $1m in index funds
>SWR 4%/yr
>Move to low COLA area
>Make money off of hobbies

Your are comparing your future to your past. The last 15yrs are not the next one.

I have this desk

you don't think i've taken that into consideration? talking to me when you've got $1m faggot

Oh, okay. Have a good life user!

How much are you spending per month total? What's your current budget like as well?

You should really be asking how old is his wife and kids.

i spend about $3000 per month, but that doesn't include health insurance which i'll need to pay for myself when i leave my corp job. so i figure i'll need $4000/month, and i want to be able to buy shit like cars or whatever, so that's why my goal is what it is.

BRO IF YOU'RE EVER AT 1 MIL THAT'S JUST 1 MORE 2X TO HIT 2 MIL AND THEN YOU'RE DOUBLY SET FOR 2 LIFES COME ON JUST HOLD 1 MORE MONTH

nailed it
or you know, fuck it, you can probably work a decent job and not feel bad waking up every day knowing you can walk out the door whenever you want