How likely is it that this will reach at least $5000 this year?

How likely is it that this will reach at least $5000 this year?

Excluding the x3 increase in a day from the bubble bursting. I mean i know people are saying the bubble might burst but if the bubble bursts wont it make the price of trading pair coins like BTC and ETH skyrocket 3x in a day since you cant cash out other alts but you can cashout BTC and ETH.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

100%

Lurk the ETH threads here. This will be Ethereum's year
>platform for most of the altcoin market
>increase transaction volume all the time
>Casper will open up POS which might make the price skyrocket
Bullish as fuck on ETH this year

what the fuck is this post
as for your question though
>How likely is it that this will reach at least $5000 this year?
very high, I think it's conservative prediction considering ETH is going PoS soon and how it keeps gaining market dominance over BTC
this could mirror buttcoin's run last year

Interesting digits.

>what the fuck is this post

What weirded you out user? The x3 in a day because of the bubble burst in the future? Think about it. Everyone will be selling their alts for BTC and ETH. Then selling BTC and ETH to fiat. Skyrocketing them temporarily.

God damnit I've been using ETH these past few weeks buying other coins and shit but it's steadily climbing...

Thinking of dropping in some cash for 1 ETH and just holding it.

Good heaven, $5000? It will reach $5000 end February at this rate.

I-it w-will dip again, r-right guys?

I couldn't believe it when it reached $800...

99.5%

>cuckbase

at least 5000, maybe even 10000

Honestly, I think at this point, Ether has a greater chance of going 10x than BTC.

We're going to see a 2x within 48 hours. Japan opening a JPY/ETH pair today.

For certain. I would not be the least bit surprised to see $10,000-20,000 ETH in 12 months

tuwip?

Yeah. I do see pump potential for BTC if LN ever gets implemented, but overall, it's a dinosaur shitcoin. I'm just using it as an instrument to increase my fiat holdings. Ether on the other hand could have valuable, real world use. I feel bad about trading it for BTC and being a BTC maximalist for the past several months. Oh well, Iron hands.

All the estimates in this thread are too conservative. ETH will be 5k by summer, and it will be 20k in December.

Go ahead and cap it.

Is it too late to jump in tho I mean it cost a fuckload already

You still gain the same percentages...

My thoughts currently :
> Eth will surpass Bitcoin
> This will happen sooner than we think
> The fomo will be extreme and eth will go to 500b
> Should I invest in Eth and OMG right now?
Am I deluded?

You're making me horny user. This shit is gonna moon so hard

i have exactly 1 ETH
am i gonna make it bros?

>Am I deluded?
Not at all

Yes. Hodl steady for 10x return by end year

You're not. Normies don't want to fomo again like with bitcoin.

When ETH will change to PoS anyone with more than 5 ETH will make it.

>not dumping all your ether and investing in doge

>network crushed to death by some retarded kitten game

gg no re

How do you figure?

No. I was thinking this as well. Although I don't tell anyone because I sound crazy.

Very high if the current trend relative to BTC holds long term. The decoupling was a huge game changer. ETH will continue to soak up BTC's market share.

Fuck, trips tell no lies...

I mean, most alts on ETH will see a jump as well. they already have.

By the end of this year the concept of market cap will cease to apply to Ethereum, it will have completely transcended it. What is the market cap of the internet? You can't calculate that. It's completely priceless.

I really wish I was holding more than 0.2 ETH right now.

What's the cost to move money on the ETH network?

Should we invest in :
>0x
>OMG
>ETC
>ETH
Right now guys?

Current safe gas cost is $1.03 for a 27 minute confirmation

LTC used to be the cheaper and faster currency for that purpose. I haven't moved between exchanges in a while so not sure if that's still the case.

The most it will go is 1250

BCH best coin

$0.00000000021 When the network is empty and if you know how to set custom fees
$1 atm because blocks are full

0x, OMG, ETH

are your winners for this year. GET IN NOW

Fuck it I can only afford about 0.5eth is it still worth

Just OMG and ETH

Honestly, what could go wrong with this coin? It seems like a clear winner, but I don't want to overexpose myself to it...

0x is also going to +$10, it's the backbone of decentralized currency backed by coinbase.

yes

Will it dip again? Or buy now

I'd say now, won't be dipping for a while by the looks of it

buy now. it broke $1000 two days ago and it would've dipped by now

It had a brief dip down to 960 or so yesterday. Recovered and get going within about 6 hours.

p-pls no bulê

*kept going

im 100 percent in ETH and nothing else so lets pump this shit to 10k so I can get out of the crypto game

my nigga

probably riding it a bit longer than 10k though

Ugh, don't remind me. I sold almost my entire stake at $1000. Surely it was going to correct itself at that point and I could buy more during the dip, right? Fml

75% in here. i'm fucking ready

>only 25%
I didn't sell stuff back for ETH before the pumping. The other stuff is doing well, but doesn't feel as safe as ETH.

Only got 40, thinking of selling alts for more ether....

Made more HODLing ETH than finding PnD's in the last week.

>Based ETH

Vitalik getting killed would be a major blow. People downplay his importance by arguing less educated people oversell his importance, but he is essentially in the (ideal) CEO chair: a large picture researcher while others implement his vision.

Other than that, it'd take a competitor coming out of nowhere with a better product on EVERY aspect. Every current competitor fails at that, level of decentralization is the most common sacrifice because it's the easier to argue away as irrelevant to non-technical people.

ETH, NEO and OMG are all going to be easy moons in 2018. Notice how they're not all shitcoin pnd scams?

that's shit and 27min is way too slow, other options ones can do almost 2.7 seconds and fractions of a penny

The discord pump group that is unstoppable.,

discord dot gg/JWWn6Qr

user, what is 0x? is that dnt?

Take the skeleton out.

Ok fuck you guys Amma buy what's the best mobile eth wallet

I mentally flipped to Eth over BTC this week.

Kept waiting for the king to wake up angry, then realized the market cap + catalysts are all stacked towards Eth. Only LN and scarcity could trigger a bitcoin rally, but the market cap is so high that it’s hard to imagine even 2x’ing your stack. A climb back to 20k would be a 33% gain, my ZRX stack farts that out twice a week.

Not saying Eth will never be dethroned (and it’s complexity adds one major risk: Eth getting hacked), but I think Eth will be in the driver’s seat for 2018.

The Flippening will anticlimactically happen later in the year, by the time it does nobody will be surprised.

0x = ZRX
DNT=District0x

>The Flippening will anticlimactically happen later in the year, by the time it does nobody will be surprised.

Agreed.

I literally hold all of these. But be aware you’re going all in in Eth with leverage. I’d by cheap bags of any potential Eth-killers too just as insurance. 10% of your stack in Monero is super comfy as well.

MONEY SKELLY WILL MAKE OUR DREAMS COME TRUE

when the fucking shit is staking coming i want that juicy passive cryptoincome

otherwise i figure i'll go more into NEO, aka Chinese etherum which will likely beat ETH's ROI *and* already has staking.

>no XLM
be well aware that stellar is by far the fastest and cheapest transaction platform and that fairx could literally completely turn the market upside down by allowing normies direct access to alts

it could easily kill coinbase (coinbase is fucking SHIT) and eliminate pairing to BTC/ETH since you can directly buy them

also consider that basically all exchanges are shut down so normos can't even get in currently

>NEO
The chinese dont even fucking care about NEO its all westerners hyping the fuck out of it. If anything will kill ETH its EOS.

Oh fuck and I just realized:

The first wave of bandwagon-jumping normies will get JUST’d by BTC and swear off crypto, delaying the bubble pop.

The second wave will FOMO pump ETH like crazy making us all rich.

Fuck, my hype levels just went way up

chinese will always pick a chink alternative to a western coin

normies will flood into PoS coins too since they give passive income. just like they flooded into dividend stocks

thanks.

If you have more than 50 ETH- seriously congratulations on this

You will be a millionaire within 12 months.

Should I drop my chain linkies for ETH?
I'm a poorfag who needs fast money btw

ETH at $20,000 EOY 2018?

How sure are you? I have 1 ETH but willing to invest more fiat. If I do invest fiat, put it all into ETH or trade alts?

Did it a week ago at $950 and pleasantly surprised.

>chinese will always pick a chink alternative to a western coin
Based on metrics the chinks care more about QTUM than NEO. This has been proven so many times lmao.

you should never have invested in the stinky linkies desu

$1000 yes, $5000 not sure

remember it has 4 times as many coins as bitcoin

metrics like what

I literally came to the same conclusion, based user kun.

It's going to fly to 2000+ before end of month. Look at the chart, there are NO REAL SELLERS. These minflash dips are concerted attempts to force weak hands to dump. Why did Ethereum not sell off like BC/Ripple? Because institutional investors are accumulating for Proof of Stake. They want to corner the market and control it going forward.

20.000 seems unlikely, but I don't think that is far fetched at all post-sharding (next scaling step after PoS)

mid-late 2019 would be my guess, but I've always been too pessimistic so far in my guesses, so who knows

c a s p e r + s h a r d i n g

98% certain. Plus once your ETH hits $1mil and you Stake it you can just kick back collect $80k a year. People have no idea how brilliant the Proof of Stake concept is.

Money skelly is an ok programmer but he is a goddamn super genius when it comes to cryptoeconomics and game theory.

when tho

For my own peace of mind, can I just invest heavily into ETH and stop trading shitcoins and alts?

Soon™

If your other coins trade at roughly the same amount of ETH or greater, it doesn't really matter. If they're tanking then I guess that is another issue, but if I'm not just hodling ETH I'm daytrading altcoins so I don't usually lose any value.

Yes, thats what is going to happen anyway when the market smartens up. Everyone is going to dump their vaporware shitcoins for eth when Casper is released.

that's not soon enough

My dick can only get so hard.

Basically, people trade these shitcoins to funnel profits into BTC/ETH right? If I have fiat to invest, I'll just throw it all into ETH.