What's the point of all this?

Why do I need a cryptocurrency Veeky Forums? I don't buy drugs, I'm not a terrorist, I'm not a pedophile, I don't need to hide anything from my bank.

I'm just trying to understand why cryptos are so expensive. Transactions and exchanges are costly too, so I don't see a good reason to start using say, Ethereum, instead of my good old Visa card.

Thanks!

You don't want money?

You can own cryptocurrency and store it as you see fit, cryptocurrency is digital form of physical money. VISA/Number in database isn't.

stay poor

obvious bait

The point is to buy a coin at a low price and then watch it grow, then sell and make profit. Is this a troll?

>OP in pic

Yes, that's why I want so save money using credit cards.

But they are so volatile, look at Bitcoin for instance: two weeks ago one Bitcoin was like 20 thousand dollars, and now is 14 thousand.

What do you mean?

OP, should free speech exist if you have nothing to say?

>But they are so volatile, look at Bitcoin for instance: two weeks ago one Bitcoin was like 20 thousand dollars, and now is 14 thousand.
So what? It's a currency. It's only volatile if you compare it to USD, but then you could say USD is unstable as well. Volatile and unregulated markets are why most people here are for the gains and not actually seeing the big picture.

Either learn what a crypto currency is or fuck off and buy Ripple like the rest of the retards.

That sounds like a pyramid scheme, back in the 90s they were pretty common and a lot of people lost a loooooooot of money.

"Forsooth and verily dearest sirrah, whither should one depart for this virgin land you call America? There isn't even a house within which to powder my nose!"

Hope this analogy helps
--
Cryptogranny

Gold is a pyramid scheme too by this logic, boomer tard.

Venezuela's currency lost 81% of its value in a year, and that's with a backup of over 48M people labor.

When Bitcoin reaches those numbers of adoption volatility won't be noticeable.

Why do I need an iPhone Veeky Forums? My blackberry keyboard is so much easier to use. I honestly don't think I could ever get used to the touch screen. I don't go on the internet on my phone so there's no reason to have such a large screen for displaying webpages. It honestly just seems like a toy and I only use my phone for work.

Why do I need a Facebook Veeky Forums? I don't want to expose myself to everyone online. Some things should just be private. If I need to communicate with my friends I just call or email them.

Why do I need Google Chrome Veeky Forums? Internet Explorer works just fine.

Just because something is easier to keep using today doesn't mean its the best way to possibly do it. If a better solution exists it is bound to dominate the worse solution. In 20 years Visa is going to be the post office.

>It's only volatile if you compare it to USD, but then you could say USD is unstable as well.
That's fucking retarded you brainlet.

>he doesn't use discover

LOL
O
L

No it isn't.

Currency is only valued at what people think it's valued at. If the American economy crashes expect the dollar to crash.

The reason we have high volatility in crypto is because we're seriously still in the early stages. Those BTC crashes have been getting shorter and less volatile as time passed by because there are more people using it. We're still less than 1trillion marketcap. We're still peanuts. That's why we have high volatility.

Actually I also have Discover, and get 5% discount on Amazon. Great card!