Sup, Veeky Forums oldfag here...

Sup, Veeky Forums oldfag here. I was on this board in 2016 back when every thread here was shilling the latest pharma meme stock and bitcoin was a few hundred dollars. Back then there were only a handful of crypto threads at any one time and crypto traders were made fun of by the nocoiner majority. Well, you can see how that turned out.

I’m telling you, the way chainlink investors are viewed now is EXACTLY how bitcoiners were perceived circa mid 2016. This board is going to feel VERY disappointed when chainlink passes the $100 mark. Just like crypto took this board and the rest of the world by surprise last year, chainlink will do the same this year.

GET IN NOW or you will be regretting it for the rest of your life. Crypto is becoming saturated and there aren’t many 100x opportunities these days. This is one of the few left.

Other urls found in this thread:

fincen.gov/sites/default/files/shared/Appendix_D.pdf
delphi.systems/
youtube.com/watch?v=o1o5o2m6Stg
linkpool.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice, just bought 100k

ive been bagholding 15k link for 5 months when do I get to fucking profit

I assume you got in to etherium when it was under a dollar

Just keep larping, you’ll get there

bump

Wow you really gotta suck at crypto to have LINk bags at this point, its pretty much all profits for me.

What the fuck? How am I larping you stupid fuck.

larping with my wallet photo i see. that's a bad pajeet, bad.

>only 18k

did you buy the sibos ATH or what, retard

10/10 shill just dumped 5 paychecks worth into this

Not FUDing here, just interested.

Chainlink's value is based on anticipated profit from future transaction fees using their oracle network... market cap is 450M and only 35% of LINK are currently circulating. Let's round the numbers up and put total market cap when all are released at $1.1bn. How can LINK go 10, 50, or 100x its value based purely off future profits from transactions on other networks?

What percentage of transaction fees is LINK predicted to get? 5%? 10%? Let's say it's 10%, which is very generous, for the sake of convenience... If it goes 10x current market cap based off 10% fees from transactions that use its oracle network it would need to handle $110bn of transactions.

Not FUDing and I think it's great in theory, but is it really worth that much?

you're right. market sell all LINKs

Look at how much the total crypto market cap has increased in the past year alone. We are at the ground floor right now of crypto. The years before were at the basement. It is very possible a $100 billion market cap could be achieved.

Seriously though..... how long will it take for LINK to process hundreds of billions in profits off smart contracts? Are there no alternatives that could replace it? Seems cool but unsustainable longterm imo.

Would like to hear why I'm wrong though

>BTC/ETH value is determined by tx fees

Also, if SC.com sell their tokens we all have bigger problems fundamentally so looking at the fully diluted number is incorrect IMO. Lastly, do not ignore the tokens will be subtracted from the goat by nodes and SC creators. SC creators will horde tokens as a hedge against appreciation.

Lmao

Not 100bn marketcap, 100bn in transactions fees. How long will it take for LINK to generate a billion in transaction fees? Especially considering they will take a small cut. How many smart contracts are needed?

No FUD. Just can't see why this is priced so highly.

you're not wrong. market sell all LINKs. wasn't being sarcastic.

If you're just trying to understand the volume of electronic transactions generally to an order of magnitude, it's in the quadrillions of dollars per year. According to this document from the US Treasury, SWIFT handles about $5 trillion per day, or given about 250 business days per year, about $1.25 quadrillion dollars a year.

document link >fincen.gov/sites/default/files/shared/Appendix_D.pdf

there you have your cash volume :D

fincen.gov/sites/default/files/shared/Appendix_D.pdf
Look at page 63. "SWIFT messages
direct the transfer of nearly $5 trillion worldwide each day."

Now that is not to say that we're going to see LINK even be relevant in even 5% of these transaction, but imagine that it found an important niche within SWIFT's system. Now imagine it finds its way into the insurance industry, where Capgemini is already forecasting smart contracts savings will be worth tens, if not hundreds of billions of dollars annually. Imagine how SC can be used in global shipping, bonds and stocks, derivatives, currency exchange etc. Not to mention how many crpyto projects are already looking at it as a necessary part of building their own infrastructure. There is no notable competitor in this space that has the same level of experience, progress, foresight or support as CL. It's a one horse race.

>how long will it take for LINK to process hundreds of billions in profits off smart contracts

If LINK is responsible for even 1 billion dollars of smart contracts in 2018, it will be one of the top 5 most successful crypto projects in existence if not the top. Almost nothing in crypto actually does anything right now. The currencies and not transacted for anything besides other cryptos, nearly ever utility token is not implemented in any way. The most 'productive' projects are development platforms where all they provide the base to produce more unproductive projects.

How large is the bond market?
How many bonds are in existence?
How many bond coupon payments are made per year?
What was the SWIFT PoC about?
What do SWIFT value above all else?
Would they pay a premium in oracle fees to achieve this goal?

i bought at a dollar thirty

a dollar

thirty

ONE DOLLAR

AND THIRTY CENTS

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

See you next month fomoing in

Buy high sell low

I CANT BUY THE FUCKING DIP

IT’S DROPPING AND I CANT BUY THE GODDAMN DIP

IM A NOLINKER AND BINANCE WONT TAKE NEW REGISTRATIONS

Chill it looks to be a perfect cup handle

I'll cup ur moms handles

>old fag
>I was here in 2016
Youre not an old fag, you're just a dumb fuck trying to shill your bags
Kys op

Node operators receive 1/312th of the tx fee
Not even joking. One part of three hundred and twelve parts

Daily volume will be at a minimum a trillion dollars kek

Yeah whatever you tell yourself bruh

>citation needed

Sergey himself

>hurr durrr oldfag
>hur durrr early adopter
>muh Chainlink is the next Ethereum.

We don't need another Assblaster

Just did some math, @ 1 trillion dollars a day, 1/312th of that would be 32,051,280 dollars in fees a day. Split between 20,000 nodes evenly would be $1602.5 a node a day. Say we only ever get 250 billion a day way down the road. Still $400 a day split between 20k nodes... Getting hard.

Yeah, blockchain can benefit that field. But why Chainlink, rather than another oracle?

Even if they implement it, it all fundamentally comes down to:
-number of transactions
-cost of fees
-LINK's cut
-node operator's cut

Do you think the usage of smart contracts will outpace the rest of the blockchain tech in terms of growth?

>citation needed

delphi.systems/ solved the oracle problem

You can do it using this referral ID and become a linky
you can do it
>you can do it

The idea is that more dapps like REQ and ZepplinOS will be using link for their contracts as well.

Do some math at a realistic number... like $50 a day.. that's sergeys normal allowance for mcdonalds right

Nice, just bought 100k

nice larp faggot, 2016 doesn't make you an old fag. and by 2016 etherum was being shilled here and crypto was already common. go suck a dick you lying pajeet

You’re off by 2 orders of magnitude friendo

at least post a timeframe for your >$100 target
or
how about $5 mark?

>2k Linkies

Will I make it?

Noob here. How do I do that?

Anyone with >1k will make it

What does that even mean
Why you post this?

Binance man

>Do you think the usage of smart contracts will outpace the rest of the blockchain tech in terms of growth?

Considering that right now blockchain does fuck all useful right now, and that oracles can allow them to actually be useful in ways that are currently impossible. The answer in the next few years is obviously yes.

Lol $1T/312/20000 = $160256 per node per day

You can't even fud correctly

Thank you.

HOLY KEK!

Great movie BTW!

ayyy lmao

It’s 3.2 billion a day in fees not 32 million nigga what are you doing

whats name of the movie?

how many stinky links do i need to operate a node?

Ok, fair enough.

I just think the volume required for LINK to warrant a significant price increase, outside of speculation, is insane... even if that can be said for a lot of crypto projects. Too reliant on external factors for me.

Where is 312 coming from

LINK will need to be put into escrow to receive oracle contracts but the amount to be escrowed with be subject to the free market

Korean WWII film. Not really historically accurate but a great watch.

By the way, the tx fee isn't 1/312th of the total transaction like you seem to think it is
Its 1/312th of the tx fee goes to the node operator

fuck. i hope 1.2k is enough. thats all i could get when it was at 15 cents

External factors? Do you realize how fucking stupid that sounds when the use case you are dealing with is fucking chainlink?

I wanna buy some more but it seems so weird. 500 USD used to get me like 3k Link now I can only get like 400 :(

100% of the oracle fee goes to the node you mong

>Do you think the usage of smart contracts will outpace the rest of the blockchain tech in terms of growth?
what rest of the blockchain tech? smart contracts are literally the only way for blockchain to be useful in the future

>$18k
>15k Link

lol. bought at the recent ATH.

guise what should i buy for a few days gain to get more linkies in a few days?

full vid here
youtube.com/watch?v=o1o5o2m6Stg

linkpool.io/ If need be pooling will be an option.

the community around this coin was exactly the same as before ETH ascended into the heavens.
I didnt listen then, but i sure as fuck listened now.

deus vult!

>doesnt know how wallets work

nolinkers are truly a sad bunch

nice, just sold 200k

What's going on with it right now? Are we tanking boys? Still holding with iron hands but what the fuck senpai

Get to $85 a coin already FUCK

ETH is soaring, people pulling out to catch to gain train. This is how you accumulate, my friend. These are the periods to be buying in. Dumbfucks chasing a 15%, you buy and gold for a 15,000%. No big deal.

I bought 672 more LINK at $1.19, I accumulated. I am now 100% in at 8672 LINK.

what are y'alls thoughts on Stratis? looking to put my XRP gains somewhere to gain some more before buying more link.

FUCK FUCK FUCK i only have 120 linkies cuz im a poorfag, fuck i hate being poor

Same.You guys r fucked up but usually right.How long do we hold LINK? Forever?

Until you're in your coffin, and you hold it even after that.

I have mostly ETH and Chainlink and I can't fucking decide when to stock up on Chainlink... ETH will not stop going up fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Poorfag here. Managed to get 2k linkies after a shitcoin moon.

Will I make it?

Realistically ETH will not moon at the rate that ChainLink will. I'd go 60/40 LINK/ETH

I've got 140...

Are we going to be worth anything at all? What will we miss out on with this volume? Can anyone tell me?

So buy LINK now while it's dipping... I'm gonna do it. Thanks

That's what I'm doing -- may not find cheaper LINK ever again.

FUD in 2016, look at the date

ITT: People who have created a narrative based on a man with no track record of success save a video from one conference and who has maintained total radio silence for two months.
>Prepare for hurt feels.

if it goes to 100 dollars EOY you will be worth 14000. Use it to build your stack and buy more LINK

>Is barely in the top 100
>Priced highly

retard here. what do i have going on?

An open order. Playing the waiting game until your the price you asked is filled. It may go unfilled

damnit, how the fuck do i just buy it
and can i cancel without incurring a fee?