I had 40 Ethereum back in 2016...

I had 40 Ethereum back in 2016... I sold because the price was kind of going down and I thought it wouldn't go up anytime soon. Turns out I was right, it kept falling for more than 6 months, but then... BOOM. How do I get over that? I wouldn't be rich by any means, but... Nowadays I have almost no money. I keep imagining how amazing it would be if I had more than 40k dollars. I'm 22 years old and from a third world country.

iktf, lost 2.5 btc to cryptsy

I see all those "newfags" making gains while I bought my first Bitcoin in 2013 and I feel like shit. I doubt many people here are dumber than me.

I remember my first phone had like 30 btc left in a wallet when btc was only a few bucks. Phone was formatted and given to my bro

Seeing my trade history in Poloniex, Bittrex and Bitfinex is just too painful... What the fuck was I thinking? That I really would know how to trade? Well, at least I hope I learned a lesson for life: HODL. This is my fucking portfolio today... Around 700 dollars.

>had Anthsares when it was 4 dollars
>had OmiseGO when it was 2 dollars
>a friend of mine told me about Raiblocks when it was 1.74 dollars and I didn't buy

Now I'm just trying to follow whatever he tells me to do and hope I can at least get to 10k BRL or around 3k dollars.

I lost .123 bitcoins in 2014. I didn't bother buying more bitcoins because I thought it was already to late to make money off it.

I shilled Antshares to my mom like I never did before. She kept saying I was gonna get rich. Turns out she was right if only I had fucking followed my plan and had some patience. The amazing thing about all this is that one of the biggest reasons why I'm a fucking loser is exactly my lack of discipline. It's not just related to crypto gains.

I wanted to buy 50 btc at $60...didn't. Waited too long but did by hundreds of litecoins in 2013. Traded them for Vertcoins when the markets crashed and it went to 1 cent. Thought about buying 100k for $1000...didn't. Sold them ........38 cents when the market started coming back
Placed a buy order for Zclassic at ..18 cents that didn't get filled
I was all over this stupid shit in 2013 and I'm FUCKING EVEN
I wish they would all go to zero so I can stop kicking myself. I SUCK

I thought it was too late in November 2016 when I had like 200 dollars left (and missed 10x moon missions in so many coins). We never know when it's too late.

You think you feel bad now? Oh hohoho just you wait until eth hits 5k

You know what REALLY sucks? The fact that I don't honestly think we're dumb. I think we're just too emotional and you need to stay cool in this game. The fact that we knew about crypto (especially you at 60 dollars) before 99% of people today makes me think we're not as retarded as we may feel sometimes...

I just hope if ETH goes to 5k alts go 20x or something.

I'm just the worst trader...and I was trading during the internet craze. I made a lot of money but was left holding bags. I came back after the fall of Enron and made some real money. Maybe I should go back to that strategy

Another thing I really hate about trading (despite losing money) is the time you need to commit to it. A buy and hold strategy seems to be much better for your overall quality of life.

Hey, you have to understand that money is just meme. I don't really matter that much, but it's very hard when the whole world revolves around it. I don't really give a fuck. I do this just for fun. If I lose 50% of my portfolio it's not going to make me feel bad or worried because I'm not fucking attached to my money.

SHUTUP I HAD THIS GAME FIGURED OUT IN 2014 AND I DIDN'T PULL THE TRIGGER

Buy and hold....I can't fuck that up....well...

I thought is was too late in 2011. Two thousand fucking leven!

What could you buy for 40k in your shit country?

Some of u might be confused so i will explain my rationale. I thought "FBI will catch wind and seize Silk Road, and bitcoin and litecoin will be 0 dollars after that"

Newbies don't even remember when Bitcoin was gangsta

i could buy a house in a small town (srs)

also... if i had 40k dollars i'd probably still be in crypto trying to make it 400 lol

If u sold eth for btc u did good.

I still regret holding eth june-dec. Missed like 4x.

I cashed out back then...
2k BRL would have been 168k BRL today.
FUCKING MADNESS.

i mined like 8 btc in like a month in mid 2011. had a minecraft rig that ran under my coffee table with some fuckin python script to scrape the map blocks and make a 2d map viewable w/ google maps api every morning at 5am. things were different then

i bought a radeon 5830 for like $120 stuck it in the minecraft rig, mined for a month, and sold the bitcoins for about that amount. i just wanted a better video card for fallout 3 and it paid for itself. cool. also later sold it to a miner for more and got a better nvidia card, even though gpu mining had become unprofitable

i correctly predicted then that bitcoin would drop close to parity with avg mining electrical costs, and it did for about 2 full years, as i saw few miners had properly accounted for the difficulty increases and when the difficulty hikes hit it killed the majority of the enthusiasm for bitcoin. so i had no regrets. guess i still don't, i never would have held onto that shit for 5+ years

i do probably still have some fraction of that vintage btc in a wallet.dat, but im pretty sure i wiped that drive to put in a modded ps2. lol. maybe i'll look for a backup

i also thought the govt would shut it down. thats a lot of the reason i didnt buy early

Hindsight is 20/20 senpai. Can't beat yourself up over it just keep making gains

Damn...
You still got crypto though? Altcoins, Ethereum, Litecoin?

only got back into crypto like a week ago, other than using btc to buy things online a few times over the years. bought xlm, icx and a small amount of a few shitcoins.

Bought about 10 BTC at $14 a while back. Wanted to see what it was like to buy things online with a cryptocurrency. I remember having to use PayPal on a site where you buy Second Life Liden.

Seriously considered putting 10-15k at $80. Didn't do it. Mined LTC for a few months or more and made about 60 coins.

Started getting back into it this year and my portfolio is almost 100k but oh what could have been.

my 50 cent ark is my only hope now