SKYCOIN

WE HAVE A LIFT OFF

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yRIGi4XOOps
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

LOL tell me why you didn't buy the dip again?

comfy bag desu

but i did ;)
literally kept telling biz to buy too
retards

skychan is mai waifu

holding 60. enough for lambo in 6 - 12 months?

Yes

You nerds seen this?
youtube.com/watch?v=yRIGi4XOOps

this is either a scam or an absolute game changer.

About fucking time!

Shill me on Skycoin. Whats its business model and is it an ether token?

already got my orange pis ready, are there any official guides on how to build a node?

They're building a decentralized internet, it's a 6 year old project, developed by the early btc devs. Originally created as an effort to fix everything that was wrong with btc at the time.

>web of trust algo that got rid of the miners and pos hoarding from network operation
>fixed double spending
>fixed signature malleability
>51% attack impossible
>secure deterministic wallets
>coinjoin protocol for privacy
>created their own networking protocols for consensus verification
>uses a lot less resources than bitcoin nodes
>soft coded blockchain size parameter for ez scaling
>provably hundreds of txs per second
>no tx fees
>timelocked distribution over a 14 year timeline
>massive ecosystem being built around it

Coin itself is used for operating skywire, a new decentralized internet built from the ground up, designed to be in every way better than tcp/ip
>designed to be ran on their own open source hardware infrastructure
>uses public keys instead of ip addresses
>all traffic encrypted by default
>man in the middle attacks impossible
>nodes forwarding traffic can only see the previous and next hop, not origin or destination
>latency superior to ipv4 because ISPs use hot potato routing and skywire doesnt
>speed superior because bandwidth aggregation is possible, using the unused bandwidth of your neighbours
>immune to all of ISP fuckery such as throttling, censorship, outages etc
>works as an overlay over the current internet as of now, but will be completely independant as soon as the network backhaul is in place
>incentivized for the first 14 years, you get paid for running a node and transferring packets for the network
>it will be faster and pretty much free, no way current ISPs can compete

It's fucking mindblowing how nobody knows about it

Wow so cool, now look at Digibyte's liftoff :)

Going for 900+ tonight @ DGB

good shit, this is a good project.

>no transaction fees

Then what is its profit model?

too bad digibytes useless and people are and bagholders are retards

get in this t-minus less than 4 hours till liftoff

discord(dot)gg(slash)BvZysKq

thank me later

If you're talking about skycoin itself, here's a dev quote.
>"It cost $5 per year or something like that to run on a consensus node or a block minting node. Generally, only the most trusted nodes in the consensus network should be involved in minting at all.

>They do not really need to be paid to do this. They do need to be trusted and need to be not stupid (be able to run command line, reinstall software, keep ethernet cable plugged in, etc)

>I think we could give them a tip or something of a few thousand dollars a year, but the function is mostly automatic. Its something they will be doing anyways. They do not need to be paid out of block rewards or transaction fees because its just an overhead cost.

>We want the interests of the consensus network and minters (block creators) to be aligned with the interests of the skycoin community. Where as in Bitcoin/Ethereum the miners hold the userbase hostage and basicly extort transaction fees from them (even intentionally causing congestion to get more fees)."

If you're talking about skywire, people will pay coinhours to get priority of network resources above others, but the base service should be free for everyone, forever.

How the fuck didn't I notice earlier?

Thats literal communism. Anyone running a node must be paid. Im all for low transaction fees but there must be a profit model. Even if you forget the cost of electricity, bandwidth is a cost. I could run Substratum and get paid, or I could run Skycoin. Which do you think im running?

Nah, communism doenst work and I dont see a future here.

This stuff, like many other crypto projects, are bound to fail, for simply being way too ahead of it's time.

I don't understand you people. Do you just spam this in every thread? If you're just trying to amass people for your pump channel, wouldn't telegram be better suited for that?

Just make sure you report them.

Because paying extra fees to have your BTC sent is so much better right :)

You're confusing skywire and skycoin, 2 different things.The skywire nodes are incentivized for the first 14 years, people running it will get paid. Skycoin distribution is timelocked, 5% per year, and those coins are going to skywire providers to kickstart the network, build the wireless infrastruture needed, etc. After the first 14 years the freemarket rules kick in, operators will get paid according to the demand of the network.

>are people are and

kys pajeet

Yes. Because that ensures that whoever is running the nodes is going to keep running the nodes for perpetuity.

Free may make you feel comfy in your blanket but it doesn't make the world run. Its a damn shame because everything else about this coin sounds great but they forgot the fundamental problem, how to fund it. Dead end.

>open source projects don't exist

nobody gets paid but people develop them
really makes you think huh

Your comparing a few people that make a video player to a blockchain thats supposed to replace the internet. You think you are going to run the internet on 150 people that run a sky node?

You know why Tor is so slow? Because its all voluntary. Your only payment is being a node which gives you plausible deniability. I dont even see that much for Sky. The internet doesnt run on high ideals, and neither will this.

This may get some traction in the short term but its going to reach a limit quickly because it will never attract big money or a steady following.

bought 100k btw

You are confusing skycoin and skywire nodes again. Skycoin block minting nodes don't get paid, they take literally 0 resources, you could have a block minting node running on $5 raspberry pi. There's no reason to pay them, there's thousands of them anyways, while only a small amount of trusted nodes is needed. Skywire nodes, on the other hand, are both incentivized - you get paid for running a node no matter what, and people pay you if they want a priority over your network resources. It's not fucking communism lmao. Read my post here

Good comment desu

go eat four doughnuts fag how is this communism if you get paid for having a node by running bandwidth through it to the network?

Consult the skywug forum or the telegram

I only have 17. will I make it to nissanland?