Tell me how to find my public key on MEW and I will give you 100 dollars

I understand that my ETH address is a hash of my public key. But where the fuck do I get the public key? Tell me fast and I'll give you 0.1 eth

Other urls found in this thread:

ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/13778/get-public-key-of-any-ethereum-account/13892
etherscan.io/verifySig
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nobody wants 100 bucks?

>BRAAAAAP

You click receive and it gives you your address.

Post your private key and I will find your public key for you

WHERE?

walk me through it like a brainlet and I'll give you 200 bucks. I have a lot riding on this right now

MEW -> Chose Private Key under View Wallet Info -> Enter your private key -> It brings you to your wallet which has your public address.

no one this retarded has $100 to spare.

Click view wallet info
open your file
enter your pass world
Theres your address and private key. Your address is your public key.

You can use the QR code on MEW, or your public address is on the View Wallet Information tab. Your address will start with a 0x.

0x89be660c4f9Ef474A6b3CF1A9E5B12CB7BBe64d5

The public key is not the address, brainlet.

Post your private key here and voila, a public key.

address =/= public key

>Your address is your public key.
Wrong. It's the last 40 characters of the hashed public key.

Public key != Address brainlets

YES. and where do I fucking find it. 200 dollars right now

I am not sure if MEW gives out the public key

Does ETH even have public keys? Isn't that something you do on your own by signing a message with your private key? Why the fuck would MEW provide that service...

You can derive it from the private key, but that's hard. You can also derive it from a transaction with your address as input.
ethereum.stackexchange.com/questions/13778/get-public-key-of-any-ethereum-account/13892

Says the brainlet

THIS is what I am trying to accomplish. Don't ask why. It's part of a bet. If I can sign this message the guy will pay me 5k.

Yeah, thats what I am thinking, they give you the hashed version and your private key. I don't think you can get your public key unless you somehow manage to crack the algorithm somehow.

Wow, this thread proves Veeky Forums is filled with crypto newcomers.

ok you know what you're talking about. Please see0.2 eth if you can tell me what to do. inb4 send me yoru private key. Not that much of a brainlet sorry

Post the address

I figured it out. This guy is just trolling me saying I've been doing it wrong.

How?

Reminder to kill yourself retard

Eh, just sign a message using MEW and let him check it on etherscan.io/verifySig

that's what I was doing. This guy is being retarded hence I was second guessing myself and made this thread.

Just download MetaMask