Brother killed himself over BTC

don't really know where to post this but I feel like I need to vent.

Do not take this as criticism of Bitcoin, blockchain technology, or cryptocurrency users & developers, it's not.

There are probably other factors that led to my brother's suicide, but he had been beating himself up over Bitcoin for the past several years to the point where he seemed constantly depressed over it and gradually became a shadow of his former happy self.

He claimed to have owned 15,000 at one point, which may have been an exaggeration. But I know for a fact that at some point around October-November 2012 he did have at least 6,000 BTC which he showed me in his wallets. He was so enthusiastic about Bitcoin and how cryptocurrencies would revolutionize the financial world. For awhile he was annoying the fuck out of our relatives about how it would make them millionaires.

I'm not sure exactly what happened to his BTC. Sometime in 2013 he claimed to have lost most of them in a hack and sold the remainder too early. He very well may have sold them all too early, but who knows.

As the price took off in late 2013-early 2014 you could tell he was distraught over it and became increasingly withdrawn from family and friends. Whenever I did manage to contact him he would sometimes end up ranting about how badly he had fucked up and how he would never have a chance to be rich again.

As the price climbed up to 10k over the past several months it became even more difficult to make contact with him, he just wouldn't reply to me or my parents calls and texts. A couple weeks ago my parents flew out to see my brother and found him dead by suicide with no note. He was 29 with 50 years of life ahead of him.

Other than obvious grief I don't really know how to feel about this. If I had missed out on $50M I might have killed myself too. I can't imagine what my brother must have been feeling these past several years knowing he missed his best & easiest shot at a good life.

Other urls found in this thread:

steemit.com/bitcoin/@karlosodst/my-brother-killed-himself-because-of-btc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol what a fag

Nice copy pasta fag

steemit.com/bitcoin/@karlosodst/my-brother-killed-himself-because-of-btc

Nice LARP

Bro, I wish you best of luck and sorry for your loss.
=/

this copypasta is better.

stale copypasta

BAT being over $1 defeats the whole purpose of the token. If you knew anything about the project, you'd know this.

Use your brain people. Are you seriously going to fucking buy this over $1?

Suicide is a sin. Hope your brother likes getting raped up the ass in hell. Somebody should have loaned him a shotgun. I would have. Fuck him

kill yourself

If you have a stable life then you wont kill yourself over money. So he likely also had financial or relational problems.
And there have indeed been some hacks in the early days, most notably the Mt Gox one.

And yeah, I would never sell 100% of my coins. Maybe 80%.

Sorry for your loss. Missing out should never be a reason to end your life. Being rich is overated anyway. You get used to it within a month. Maybe you should get away from crypto for a while and find another nice hobby.

I mean I'm going to exit bag if this crypto meme doesn't make me a millionaire too, so I get it.

Provided this isn't a larp, that really sucks. Hacking and outright theft like MtGox probably caused a lot of people huge grief since their bitcoins would have been actual retirement money right now. I hope he finds peace wherever death takes him. Cheers.

If this is a larp than follow your story's lead and neck yourself.

reddit memes, you retards

I saw this on Reddit lol.

Old reddit meme.
>reddit spacing

gee this thread again

lol
he's the epitome of weak hands

also not another chance? what an idiot
ethereum was right around the corner

nothing to see here folks, just a copy pasta of weak ass hands getting shook

He killed himself for $100 millions, not just any money. No relationship could make up for that since no relationship lasts forever anyway whereas those millions would

Fucking weak hands.

>mfw it’s pasta

And this is why you don't sell LINK early.

>implying rich people are significantly happier

lul

your brother was a dumbass for killing himself over money. probably was good-for-nothing in the first place if he had no aspiration

No way that guy had 15000/6000 bitcoin and didn't leave some lying around somewhere. Nigga probably got million dollar slips of paper chilling under his bed and in his sock drawer.

I never understood this. I would pay millions of dollars to not die. Also, even if I hit rock bottom, I would live a life of complete degeneracy to the maximum and probably OD before killing myself.

Same 100%

This is so amazing

I don't get why people commit suicide honestly, unless they committed a huge crime with the potential of spending the rest of it in prison.
Once you get out of your early 20s "THE WORLD IS OUT TO GET ME" phase, you realize it's not so bad and there's plenty of opportunities to turn it around.

People live in different realities user. You see the world one way, others see the world another. There is always good and bad, but some people's default is to see mostly the good, and for others it's to see mostly the bad, and no matter the efforts they make, they kind of always revert to that. It's hard to understand one mindset when you're in the other, but when everything you perceive everything to be terrible all the time, at some point you grow tired of it.