Brother killed himself over ETH

I don't really know where to post this but I feel like I need to vent.

Do not take this as criticism of ETH, blockchain technology, or cryptocurrency users & developers, it's not.

There are probably other factors that led to my brother's suicide, but he had been beating himself up over Eth for the past few years to the point where he seemed constantly depressed over it and gradually became a shadow of his former happy self.

He claimed to have owned 15,000 at one point, which may have been an exaggeration. But I know for a fact that at some point in 2015 he did have at least 6,000 ETH which he showed me in his wallets. He was so enthusiastic about ETH and how cryptocurrencies would revolutionize the financial world. For awhile he was annoying the fuck out of our relatives about how it would make them millionaires.

I'm not sure exactly what happened to his ETH. Sometime in 2017 he claimed to have lost most of them in a crypto kitties game and sold the remainder few too early. He very well may have sold them all too early, but who knows.

As the price took off in early 2018 you could tell he was distraught over it and became increasingly withdrawn from family and friends. Whenever I did manage to contact him he would sometimes end up ranting about how badly he had fucked up and how he would never have a chance to be rich again.

As the price climbed up to 1300 over the past few days it became even more difficult to make contact with him, he just wouldn't reply to me or my parents calls and texts. A couple days ago my parents flew out to see my brother and found him dead by suicide with no note. He was 29 with 50 years of life ahead of him.

Other than obvious grief I don't really know how to feel about this. If I had missed out on $7.8M I might have killed myself too. I can't imagine what my brother must have been feeling these past several years knowing he missed his best & easiest shot at a good life.

So... Not related to ETH, at all?

Nice copy pasta. Saw this with btc too.

pics or didn't happen

This nigga had bigger problems than crypto. I held 8k ETH at one point but I can deal with it.

rip
forget him, it will eat you up

Wow. I'm sorry user. That's horrible. People losing their lives over money, man... never worth it. My thoughts are with you.

endthefuckingthread

copy/paste a reddit post.

Even the replies are from the pasta

>Other than obvious grief I don't really know how to feel about this. If I had missed out on $7.8M I might have killed myself too. I can't imagine what my brother must have been feeling these past several years knowing he missed his best & easiest shot at a good life.

This is the mindset of your average materialistic driven burger whore.

No wonder your brother killed himself, you and your society value and measure themselves in regards to how much you own.

Your money ain't shit, nigger
Your fancy car ain't shit
Your fancy suit ain't shit
You and your faggot brother could be millionaires and famous and still kill yourselves.

You are all worthless trash and because of people like you the world has turned into the shit it is nowadays.

>There are probably other factors that led to my brother's suicide

/thread

He lost most of 6k ETH in crypto kitties? BS, he would have been a millionaire before it came out. What a weird thing to lie about

Money isn’t about buying fancy shit. It’s about affording yourself freedom from the wageslave system for the rest of your life

You know, I wanted to believe in VeChain. Yet, now I hear moon won't be until probably June? What happened to the rebranding? I thought we were suppose to go 20x like NEO did after its ANS conversion.

If we don't at least 15x by the time the rebranding to VET happens, I'm out. I like VEN and the idea behind it, but these whales are literally sabotaging any potential for profits

To be fair, you need to have a very high IQ to make money from crypto

Breddy gud pasta OP ::DDDD

i dont get this autistic logic at all.

if it was that easy to make a few million on ethereum, its still going to be plenty easy to get rich with some other shitcoin at least in the short term. sure you might not be as rich, or make it as quickly, but why bitch out when you could stay in the game and do the same thing again.

Vechain Thor is a completely retarded name, at least Neo sounds cool. Even just "Vechain" sounds better lmao.

Did he drop any good loot?

Wasnt this the reddit cuck

You know, I wanted to believe in VeChain. Yet, now I hear moon won't be until probably June? What happened to the rebranding? I thought we were suppose to go 20x like NEO did after its ANS conversion.

If we don't at least 15x by the time the rebranding to VET happens, I'm out. I like VEN and the idea behind it, You know, I wanted to believe in VeChYou know, I wanted to believe in VeChain. Yet, now I hear moon won't be until probably June? What happened to the rebranding? I thought we were suppose to go 20x like NEO did after its ANS conversion.

If we don't at least 15x by the time the rebranding to VET happens, I'm out. I like VEYou know, I wanted to believe in VeChain. Yet, now I hear moon won't be until probably June? What happened to the rebranding? I thought we were suppose to go 20x like NEO did after its ANS conversion.

If we don't at least 15x by the time the rebranding to VYou know, I wanted to believe in VeChain. Yet, now I hear moon won't be until probably June? What happened to the rebranding? I thought we were suppose to go 20x like NEO did after its ANS conversion.

If we don't at least 15x by the time the rebranding to VET happens, I'm out. I like VEN and the idea behind it, but these whales are literally sabotaging any potential for profitsET happens, I'm out. I like VEN and the idea behind it, but these whales are literally sabotaging any potential for profitsN and the idea behind it, but these whales are literally sabotaging any potential for profitsain. Yet, now I hear moon won't be until probably June? What happened to the rebranding? I thought we were suppose to go 20x like NEO did after its ANS conversion.

If we don't at least 15x by the time the rebranding to VET happens, I'm out. I like VEN and the idea behind it, but these whales are literally sabotaging any potential for profitsbut these whales are literally sabotaging any potential for profits

I'm sorry for your loss. (I truly mean it; screw Veeky Forums for ruining that honest phrase.) I hope you and your family find a way through this.

ETH being over $1000 defeats the whole purpose of the token. If you knew anything about the project, you'd know this.

Use your brain people. Are you seriously going to fucking buy this over $1000?

The way I look at it, if I had bought ETH at $10/Coin, there is no way I would have held to here, I would have probably sold at $100/coin (the math works at any price point to here, for me). So I look at it knowing where I would have gotten off the roller coaster. I am sorry for your loss man, I really am.

If we don't at least 15x by the time the rebranding to VET happens, I'm out. I like VEN and the idea behind it, but these whales are literally sabotaging any potential for profits