>2011 was six years ago

warosu.org/g/thread/S17905652

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KTf5j9LDObk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

but user it was 7 years ago...

do you think he sold low or was gox'd

god damn you fucking newcoiner learn to count

Nearly everyone who actively held coins back then sold most or all at some point. The only people who didn't are true believers and people who mined at some point and forgot about BTC until recently

>completely forget about my btc on coinbase
>hear bitcoin and alts are mooning
>discover in december that I'm an 8 fig millionaire
feels good man

There's no way you can hold something for 7 fuckin years user

try and stop me, faggot

>Brother had 3 BTC from mining stashed away on coinbase for five years
>Recently remembered he had them got them out
>Mfw when I recently got into crypto and have a long way ahead of me of making that sort of money

I bought into litecoins in 2013 and held them through a multiyear bear market. Although I kept them on an exchange and forgot about them until everything started mooning early last year.

Satoshi did...

>/g/
So, this board was created because there were too many bitcoin threads on /g/. Considering that, how many /g/fags are still here?

cause that nigga dead

I'm still here. Discovered bitcoins through a /g/ thread early 2012. Don't buy bitcoins they said. FOMO'd myself in during the 2013 bullrun.

No it wasn't. This board use to be about Business and Finance

those new faggots on biz, not much left from the old /g/ family. still holding 250 btc and 5k xmr. wish i could post proof but Veeky Forums thinks wallet auth is spam kek

I know an already wealthy doctor that was one of the most prestigious of his practice in SoCal that retired last year off BTC. He bought a large amount (dunno how much) in 2012, and managed to hold onto it until 10k+ without selling or losing a single coin.
>tfw when I knew about btc then but am a coinlet with .8 btc and never going to make it

the normies had us beat from the start

Fucking retards were fudding with this graph even back then
top fucking kek

Gox was two years away
He probably sold before that.

Holy shit.

HOLY SHIT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You are a scholar and a gentleman

wonder if that fudder anhero'd

I saged those threads lol

Cool larp.

I really really wonder what happened to those people that fudded bitcoin back then. Maybe they just went on with their normie lives and said, "meh, i wasnt gonna buy it anyways" .

You're a newfag if you think this. /g/ used to be spammed with crypto threads constantly which caused the genesis of Veeky Forums.

is op still alive

This video explain what happened to them.

youtube.com/watch?v=KTf5j9LDObk

He probably forgot he said it, I remember in 2015 jokingly telling people to buy bitcoin on Veeky Forums when they asked for investment advice

the people who claimed that bitcoin is a bubble are still not wrong tho

The typical Warren Buffet of Veeky Forums. Never listen to this kind of cuck.

tfw Crypto/biz/ use to be on /g/

I just made a big cummy in my pantsu

I was just going to post this, haha.

>pigs get slaughtered

HAHA.

Kinda. Veeky Forums was created to get the crypto threads off of /g/, and the libertarian market threads off of /pol/.

Yes, but their guesses of when it gonna burst was totally wrong.

The only way you can possibly know is seeing into the future.

>saw those threads often on catalog
>ignored them because not interested/sounded dumb
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

wait we need to find this guy, how the fuck did he know

could be worse, i saw ether when it was 7 dollars and wanted to buy it so bad.
i had 3k i was willing to throw at it. but i was too fucking stupid to figure out how to buy it back then and when i asked Veeky Forums they told me to go fuck myself

>2011
>not listening to animefags advice
>2018
>still not listening to animefags advice

This is how you lose money.

I actually was really super tempted to mine a bitcoin, but I feared my shitty laptop wouldn't handle it. It had a dedicated ATI card, so I could have done it.

Also, I did try to look for ways to buy bitcoins but most were excessively dubious corners of the internet. I mean, back in 2011, my plastic card couldn't even buy stuff on ebay lol.

I would have probably sold at 4K though, or lost everything on mt gox anyway.

More likely he was shitposting and accidentally he was right.

Same, I literally just had a college debt in my bank in 2011 and my PC was the best one of 2004.

Could be worse, I saw a thread about it on luelinks when it crashed and was under a cent with a tutorial about how to buy. Could have thrown $100 at it and been a multimillionaire now but instead I was a dumb college kid who was too lazy and spent that cash on booze and drugs.

Every day is regret.

I had a handful of ltc and btc on btc-e when they got raided. And I had about 140 btc on gox when that went down. I was so pissed off that I rage quit crypto. I've looked at the prices here and there over the last 4 years, but other than the occasional email from cuckbase, completely forgot about it unless someone from back in the day said something to me.

Back in december when ltc mooned, I got to thinking I had a pile of them somewhere in a wallet.dat file. I forgot the password and fuck if I wrote it down. Took me 4 days, but finally I remembered it and pulled out 850 ltc that I mined back in the day. I took out 35 and have been losing my ass on the exchanges, but it's kinda nice since the money isn't real to me. I have nothing invested other than time. I mined my shit back when you could go at it alone without a pool and cpu mine bitcoin and litecoin

I member back when me and my friend used to buy LSD for BTC instead of HODL,who cares,good times.

Nice, you just discovered that you had 200k all along.

No joke, some of the most qualified people I've met on this site have been from /a/. I did the secret santa and one of my giftees was an MIT grad working on some nuclear program. A fat beta, but still impressive. Anime is for intellectuals and forward thinkers.

I wanted to mine it but was too scared of my catholic parents beating me for wasting their electricity :(

Were you able to recover your stash on btc-e? They were able to restore 60% of the balance and the rest were in tokens on their new exchange. I literally transferred my ltc balance off that exchange 2 months before the takedown happened. I've already been gox'd before and fucking dodged a bullet there.

it's alright friend, we fucked up. but this is now our year to make up for it.
see you at the moon.

I haven't bothered since I'm USA. I can log in there, but have no balances

I remember heating my room in the winter in high school mining bitcoins. Man that was dog ass slow. For some reason I never bothered to understand how bitcoin worked, I thought it was supposed to be a payment system. I believed it would be a ponzi scheme I could maybe make a couple thousand off of. I laughed when people said it would maybe be $100-1000 if it literally replaced USD which I thought would never happen.

I sold all my bitcoins for like $9 each because I though it would crash at $10, it went up to $30 then crashed. I left a couple on gdax and forgot about them. I figure I'd check back in 10 years and either be a millionaire or not. Got JUSTED of course.

woops meant mt gox, not gdax...

They are usually old and experienced people.

That's where you're wrong kiddo.