Tell us about your training

What did you do to prepare for the greatest and most autistic transfer of wealth to E V E R take place?

I know a lot of us were Runescape merchants. Tell us how you honed this esoteric craft, user.

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I traded 5 anti dragon fire shields for a mith kite in classic. SCAMMED BITCH LMFAO

Farm them grimy ranarr.

Played Runescape but didnt become a merchant. Good times anyway, childhood memories

I merched in maplestory. Usually flipping 30% scrolls till I got big enough to go big with items and attempt to scroll themself. was a fun game in middle school. Btw 30% scrolls, if failed, had a 50% chance to destroy the item, and each item has 7 slots for upgrades, and of which a failure would count as one slot taken, so perfectly scrolled items obviously were worth a lot

Buy charcoal 15m, 20 footsteps away : selling charcoal 1m.
> trimming armor for free
> doubling money
> luring to the wildy
> dice game scamming
> a shitload of other scams.
But I started as a legit normie buying low selling high red:wave2.

Some things I did for money in that wonderful game:
>manual labour, including woodcutting, mining, fishing, and even fucking picking cotton (flax)
>"specialized" skills like fletching and runecrafting
>doing barrows runs for the armour and selling it
and then the BEST OF ALL
>buying low selling high and stacking my gp like a goddamn dragon

Bought every single enchanting recipe and set it at my price on vanilla wow.

I merched in world 2. Mostly flipping whips and dh axes

I always hated trading in runescape because I had no clue what idems were actually worth and the only web markets I knew were forum based and you couldn't just look every item up

I voted for grand exchange in OSRS

This is excellent bait

Also mfw years ago when I thought bitcoin was going nowhere I spent about 70 btc on rs gp just to fuck around with

WoW auction house

Maplestory for 6 years

I was in almost absolute control of the third age market in osrs. When the exchange came out I was making 100m flips, my best flip was a third age long for 350m profit, flip took seconds.

Post your osrs name if you play oldschool rs, : For Claws.

i've watched close to 300 anime, read maybe 400 mangas and countless doujins

Gingbino

It is and I'm falling for it.
Fuck you the grand exchange is absolute shit and the days of spamming "selling 2k raw lobs 200ea" in the chat taught me how to type and gave the game its social component. Grand exchange was shit rot in hell.

I was mostly a flipper, would always sell my gold out to buy cigarettes before I could play with the big boys haha

I only play rs3 :( tfw almost finished 200m all afk skills and then I'll have no reason to play anymore because I don't want to put any more effort and time in than my current 900+ days over 15 years

sandler425

Poker. Prepared me to handle swings, manage risk, and operate under conditions of uncertainty. Also choosing to live with parents and saving a marginal 20k on rent that has multiplied a few times over. It all led up to this opp right here. I’m gonna fucking make it.

Grand exchange is as fun as trading at banks to be honest. So predictable too, it's like every week the market is melting down till an update comes out.

EGAS has a 13 mil max coin supply and the price is sub 10cents right now. Even if it turns out to be a scamcoin it will definitely get pumped to $1 before then and that will only put it at 13m market cap.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

mining guild > coal certs.

this is like 03/04

had santa hat, easter egg, scythe, party hat and other drops i dont recall

I used to lure people with the Giant Mole

I started ''trading'' by pumping and dumping high tier craft mats in vanilla WoW with some friends

Same here, few other poker bros around. Cryptobeak is pokerbro too I believe.

I traded dota 2 items, once met a dubai rich dude traded lina arcana (35$) for me shitty ass juggernaut rare mask (not even 0.5$)

And alot more, good fun times kek

I farmed giant bones with my friends early in the morning when there were only bots and Norwegians on our favorite bone-harvesting server.

What happened with the "regulation" of trade in RS is a great example of what's going to happen to crypto that functions as currency, btw.

Haha shit, I forgot about certing shit, I remember I had to do like 10k silver to buy an r2h... I only got the scythe drop, I was like 12 when the easter egg and santa hats happened and my parents wouldn't let me on the computer FUK OFF MUM

GE killed the bartering aspect and eventually the game that and the other hand holding rules they put in place

Used to give away rune and addy armour coz I was grinding my mining and smithing

Gladstone

2baller5me

I remember getting rune ore/bars and trading them to whitemagem, the only person at the time in classic with 99 smithing that could make r2h, they literally just sat there and people traded them resources so they could get their xp lel

>What happened with the "regulation" of trade in RS is a great example of what's going to happen to crypto that functions as currency, btw.

Anyone else here /serious osrs merchants/ ? Here's some advice, check out ge-tracker it's a website that has good graphs/tracking. 2 days free premium but you don't even really need the premium...

I hit absolute max cash after the ge came out, started bleeding it into btc giving away gold, drop parties. I was making more a day trading in rs then I could at my professional work, had just 3bil left when I got banned for market manipulation. But walked out of that retarded Skinnerbox with almost 30k and a shit load of reputation on sythe if I ever return.

RS boomer spotted

>dey turker merch jerbs

>20
was like the social network of the time, such a good game

lol no fucking way, you're gonna make it if you haven't already

what happened? no real issues pre 04, except the party hat duplication hack haha

He's upset he can't overcharge for raw lobsters and actually needs to think about prices.

I'm pretty fucking comfy, I used about 5k right away for a new computer and cloths and shit, the rest I put away. I just got into the crypto space back in September. Lucky me I only let myself have 1k of btc value to trade with else I'd have lost a lot. Once I thought it was crazy how much I made now off rs I sold my btc, all of it. Weeks later the fucker crashes. There is absolutely nothing that can destroy my comfort in life.

>runescape
normalfag central
where my real helbreath/t4c niggas at?

VPN botfarm on osrs from 2013-2016
made 5k$
kek

Why did you stop?

I'm a longterm NEET Wizard simply incapable of re-integrating back into society, I'd love to have someone mentor me in how to get into it. Even $100 a week or something would be a massive improvement to my situation and I could put much of it into crypto and eventually climb out of my situation.

Would you train me? If I find a way to give you something back I will.

You're not wrong, by the way. I miss actually having to know the prices of things and the going rates for goods like lobsters instead of everyone relying on the shitty exchange.

I miss bank sales.

too much effort and the bot detection has massively improved over the last two years, hard to suicide effectively or create long lasting accounts

Would you give me some pointers besides the ge-tracker website, user? I'm GE flipping but it's taken me three months to go from 1 RS gold to almost 10M.

This is pretty slow, isn't it?

Reminded me of using "official" price check threads on shit like tip.it forums for item prices lel

Yeah I mined coal certs for months around that time to get full rune gear

Starting is the worst spot user, I'd suggest looking for high margin trades on items that have good volume, look at clue rewards and think about what items people would overpay for, orn kits, 3rd age, etc, use your ge limits and use them quickly, don't hold sharks all day in a ge slot for 20gp return on each shark, pay attention to updates buy the hype sell the day before release. Place low ball offers on botted items when you goto sleep might wake up to some ez gains.

Dude the official ge prices are trash items can only move 10% either direction I think that's your problem with the ge there, grand seed pod is worth like 100k on the official ge price list for instance but it's only really worth like 1k. Scam items created by jagex trying to prevent scamming.

I lost 30 k during the /v/ rage comics era. Margin stock account. Missed out on crypto, read a lot of bitcoin fud

flipping with little gp is always slow af, will speed up with more cash but def not worth for rwt money unless you have bils already and use alts

Tbh 200m and you can pull American minimum wage, so like 7-10$ an hour. You just gotta be slick with that much capital. So long as you can find and maintain 100k flips you can make decent real world money.

Maplestory Markets
trades my way from nothing to billions. refused to pay real money

Oh ok, thanks anyway user.

Thanks very much.

That type of income would literally reform my life. It would be incredibly hard for me to get a job in the real world so if I can get to anything like that level it would be amazing.

true but thats very active trading IMO not my favorite type, I just do a few daily items and some merches when updates are announced and its very low effort.

You should just keep at it, follow the trends read updates and know enough about the playerbase and game and you'll make it. Its much genitaler then crypto because of the scope of the market your working with. If you made it to 10m, 20m is the next big stretch and improvement on returns, then 60m then 120m so on and so on.

With the way jagex updates the game GP and items only bleed out over time I found, unless you got cyclical picks that go up weekly normally and would rocket if updated like pvm items then idk what your doing.

>played runescape for a few months
>friend decides to quit, give me some of his rune stuff
>sell them for the highest price I could get for them
>buy full rune as cheap as possible
>sell it as expensive as possible
>repeat all day everyday until I move on to more expensive items
>completely stop actually playing the game, just flipping items for profit
>become insanely rich
>get bored
>give away account to a friend
>years later I realized that I could have gotten real money for that shit

that is literally nothing.

I watched over 400 anime in 2 years.

Stop trying to be a attention seeking weeb.