So I have a finance degree, but no experiance, got my degree at 26 i turned 29 a few months ago

So I have a finance degree, but no experiance, got my degree at 26 i turned 29 a few months ago

I've been working in a deli for 3 years, totally miserable, hate all of it

I applied for a job at suntrust, full time bank teller

Filled out the online application, applied to about 6 different positions, took the online personality tests, proficiency tests

got a call about a week later, answered some questions, set up an in face interview

first interview with a male bank manager, he seemed to like me, said he got his degree late too, and for someone like me with my degree "the sky is the limit for you here"

Have a lot of customer service experience via my deli work, told them about how i suggestive sell, companion sell, ect, and they seemed to like that

about a week later got a phone interview with the district manager, seemed to go well said they would get back to me in a week (we were around christmas at this time)

Christmas came and went, near the end of the year, texted the recruiter asked if i should just wait for the new year to hear back, she said yes.

About a week into the new year i still didn't hear anything, so I started blowing up the recuriters phone every day, i left one message and proceeded to call her every other day always getting her voicemail

last Monday i just started calling her non stop, not leaving a message, but just trying to get though to her live and not get damn voicemail

she called me back around lunch that day, and scheduled what she said was my FINAL interview, with the district manager

In both in person interviews they both made a point to ask me that if i got the job but another bank offered me something would I blow them off, i said no, I want to work for suntrust.

Said they will get back to me in a week with a decision

how does this look? I just need this so bad, i'm desperate for a job, i feel like if i don't get this i'm going to kill myself...

You.

Couldn’t you work for another bank or another type of financial institution if this doesn’t pan out.

How the fuck do you get a finance degree and go work in a fucking deli in the first place?

Do you live in a small town?

After many year I’ve learnt that putting considero something your “all” is not good for your career, they’re not the only bank, there are plenty of options for you user, if they dot hire you try somewhere else, they gave you the interview for a reason if they did any other bank might as well, I’ve been desperate to get my career started too and was disappointed many times, funny thing is after a couple months when I was losing it all the jobs I applied to came at once, after I was turn down for one position and was ready to take a shitty position 3 other jobs I applied to offered me a final interview I had a secured job, so I considered long a hard turning them down as they were just you know possibilities nothing certain, but I decided fuck it, and proceeded with the best job option and I got it. After I was ready to settle for a shit job.
You lose when you give up, as long as you’re trying the game can change at any point, just play ur cards right.

Because no one will fucking hire me, i took a break from college and lied about having a degree and got a job as an AP clerk, i then had a server mental breakdown, lost it, and just landed in a deli and just kind of spun my wheels for a year or two dealing with the shit that happened to me, only about a year ago did i get serious, quit weed, and really start looking again

I've applied to several, Suntrust is the first one to reach out to me, when they asked if i would go to another bank, what was i supposed to say "No, you guys are the only ones stupid enough to give me a chance" yeah I have REALLY low self esteem

I live outside charlotte, one of the biggest banking cities in the country, sounds perfect, but it's brutally competitive and I kind of suck so I just can't compete with most of the 4.0 3 1/2 year degree all stars that come to this city

>finance degree
It's the new liberal arts

You can make that suntrust wage in a few hours with crypto trading lol. why are you not in crypto?

Trying to make in a “big city” is like pulling teeth if you’re not some financial wizard.

There’s always small town USA where you could probably thrive since you’re going to be competing against brain dead retards.

Can you move/relocate? I finally got a job making almost 6figs that I feel, still not very qualified for but I'm progressing and the company is paying for additional training and education. They're investing in me.
Had to move to Little Rock Arkansas though.

You shaddup, grownups are talking right now.

i have 600 dollars in my bank account,

Fuck off stupid normie. Go wage cuck your life away working for some cunts. Waste of fucking life!

OH your a lying cuck? No wonder you work at a deli. 2nd year finamce fag at a liblic college making 42k part time. Also you need to socialize with normies alot for finance, biz bros would hate it.

You got farther than most people would get so pat yourself on the back for that.
The fact you kept following up was a good move, shows tenacity.
All you can do now is wait and if they don't contact you follow up again.
If they turn you down immediately ask if they think you qualify for another position in the bank.
You never know they might be looking for.
While you wait keep looking for anything remotely finance related.
See if your grocery store (if a franchise) has finance jobs. Accounting, bookkeeper, whatever in the area.
Don't put all your eggs in one basket and wait.
>I've applied to several, Suntrust is the first one to reach out to me
You have to reach out. I know hiring managers who hate that but it's the only way to stand out.
Have you tried looking at neighboring cities for work?
Commuting will be a pain in the ass but you're expanding your options.

what exchange is this suntrust shit coin on ?
i like the name, will buy

DO YOU WORK IN THE DELI AT PUBLIX BECAUSE I DO TOO

YES OH MY GOD COMPANY IS SO EVIL!!

I swear man it feels like a prison there sometimes, all the managers are two faced and fake as fuck I'm about to get promoted though so we will see where that takes me breh. Good luck to you and I hope you leave the publix shithole

I mean I got my first job in finance at Fidelity because I shot the shit with a VP who I served while working at fucking McDonald's when I was 18. I'm 23 now and I don't even have a degree. All I told Mark was "if you hire me, I'll make you more than you pay me." his response was "and if you don't" to which I said "l'll learn how to."
2 weeks later I went from handling change wearing a stupid fucking hat to a suit.

My honest advice is to find out where the VPs hang out. I got shit lucky because it was a rainy day and he had a motorcycle. But you've got LinkedIn as well. You can find out where these guys work and play. Find out what they need that some dipshit who paid $150,000 for a hat and a piece of paper can't do for them and send them a message directly on LinkedIn proving you can make them some money.

You being 29 puts you in a hard fucking place. In all honesty you're probably fucked considering you seem like a pussy that's never made a play in his life.

Stop fucking relying on Sally Sluttsville and Betty Basketweaver in HR to get you a job. This shit isn't rocket science.

oh my god, brother...it's so awful, have you noticed all the higher ups are guys who were bag boys when they were 16 and just stayed, kept buying stock so now they make bank and think that publix is the greatest company on earth

such a fucking cult like atmosphere, i can't stand it

This so true man and they even worship higher management like a God. They would suck their dicks in heart beat if it meant they would get a raise or promotion

all you wagies need to kys you norman fucks. i bet you feel like some cool shit clicking a few things on a computer at a fucking bank. you think you're professional and shit. i hope your managers fuck with you