New to mining

Ive been in the crypto game for a few months now and want to Star mining a coin (I'm leaning torwards monero or ltc) other than having red a few out of date reddits I haven't found much information and decided to come here.

I have a 1500 dollar budget, 2000 if I can have some proof of profitability. Electricity isn't a problem since I'll be setting the rig up at work (running 24 hrs a day)

What do I need? Where do I start? I was looking at these graphics cards just because they where the next step up from the Reddit I red

Other urls found in this thread:

z-pool.com
mining.help
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Buy GPUs with atleast 4GB of memory. Then just go to a pool and read the instructions on how to set up the mining software.

If you'll be using multiple GPUs you might need some extra hardware such as PCIe risers to enable your motherboard to fit more than 1-2 GPUS.

I recommend mining Votecoin at z-pool.com .

How many gpus is an adequate amount? And this may be a stupid question but I would need to purchase a computer capable of running X ammount of gpus right?

Do gpus allow me to mine any coins I want?

You can mine with just one card, but that'll give you only about 100USD worth of coins per month. It's more cost effective to max out your motherboard with GPUs, maybe 4 or 6.

You can only have as many GPUs as your motherboard's got PCI-e slots. For every PCI-e 16x you can have one GPU and you can also have one GPU per PCI-e 1x-slot if you use a riser. You also will need a pretty powerful power supply unit for the computer, 1500W is recommended for more than 4 cards.

You can say that you can mine any coin, but not directly. For example, mining bitcoin or litecoin wouldn't be feasible without ASIC miners. With GPUs it's better to mine whatever coin is most profitable at the moment, right now probably Votecoin or Zclassic, and then sell it for BTC/LTC on an exchange. You can also use NiceHash to mine BTC directly and basically you mine a GPU coin like ZCL and then NiceHash sells it and pays you in BTC.

been lurking. have any useful links?

Good luck finding cards. With the most recent influx of new people, all decent cards have nearly doubled in price.

Bare minimum you need 1070 or the AMD equivalent. 1080 would be ideal. Don't waste time and money with less powerful cards.

You buy a motherboard made for mining. It will have many PCI slots for multiple cards. You also need a big power supply. 4GB ram is plenty. Crappy Celeron processor is plenty. Crappy small hard drive is plenty.

I just got my superclocked 1070. 35 mh/s. Earns 0.5 VTC per day. Not bad desu senpai

mining.help

These would all be things I can get on Amazon right? Bassically I am building a mining computer? I got confused because while looking at pictures of mining set ups I always saw fotos of over 20 gpus with one computer

You are a tard but yes. Some people have dedicated mining rigs that just run like a Linux distro for mining but others will use their gaming PC or whatever

Isnt eth mining going to end and everything with it to hell

Yes, probably, but GPUs can be quite hard to come by these days. A lot of miners out there.

You are building a standard PC, but with an abnormally big number of GPUs. I'm not sure that there are any motherboards that can handle 20 GPUs, but 6 is pretty standard for a mining computer.

A mining rig could consist of many computers built together into one case so it might look like one computer, while it is in fact more than one.

They will switch to PoS eventually, but until then ETH mining will most likely be profitable. After then, and even now, there are options to ETH for GPU-mining. BTG, Zcash and forks like Votecoin, Monero just to name a few.

Bro if you can’t find the answers to these kind of questions yourself actually building and troubleshooting a rig will be a nightmare for you.

That said I have two rigs pulling in $70 a day worth of shitcoins. Check whattomine for current profitability

How much did you put into those rigs

No one is going to help you diminish their own profits.

1070 (not 1070ti) is more power efficient and a better future proofed card. OP, you're lieterally better off just buying ETH. I'm serious.
lets say your ETH target price is $5000

Rig with 1 1070 = 2k
with 1070 ~ 0.1 ETH/mo (not including increasing difficulty and increasing competition)
ETH you can buy right now with 2k = 1.6 ETH
it will take you 16 months to get that 2k eth - that's your opportunity cost.

Will eth be 5k before the end of the year? maybe. will it be that before 2020, probably. you don't have enough time to justify that purchase. at least go with a 6 card rig or an antminer or something.

Which coins are you mining atm?

Spent 2k last March for the first and then pulled 4K out of my earnings in December for the second

In hindsight it was a bad investment because I’d have 50k in Ethereum if bought at $35 instead of building the first rig.

Not doing too bad though 20k portfolio plus the two rigs

I swear people at science museums mine coins.

also, regretting my 4 card rig. I was expecting 20k BTC to be the peak and really didn't expect the upcoming hype and ETH price jump. literally lost out on around 4000 USD about now, not including the 3.5k i spent last month.

I know a way to make use of those ole mining rigs. I'm currently starting a new mining pool. If you gentlemen are willing to provide some hashing power to get it started, I'm willing to give you a rather generous percentage of our future fee incomes.

On our road map is to become one of the first Bitcoin Private pools.

Sounds interesting? Come chat with us! discord gg NQRm5g

user I have 3 rigs with 18x 1080s total. I'd be very interested. For reference I mined VTC @ 800 MH/s and currently ZCL @ 9100 Sol/s.

I'll join in a few. Look for denadyne

So I just need to buy a PC with a motherboard capable of holding at the minimum 6 gpus. As for the trouble shooting. How maintanence heavy are these things ?

How can we communicate. I'm willing to pull the rig I'm going to build into it

That's basically it, yeah. My rig is fairly stable, running on Linux with a couple of scripts that autorestart the miner if it goes down so I rarely ever have to touch it.

We'd love to have you, just join the discord:
discord (dot) gg (slash) NQRm5g

Very interesting! I think we could get it off the ground just us two, and perhaps with some rented NiceHash miners. I'll see you in the discord!