Meanwhile, while Veeky Forums was losing money

Cardano quietly announces an ADA based debit card:

>cardanohub.org/en/shop-with-cardano/

Anons, this debit card thing is cool, but do any of you realize that Cardano is genuinely the most technologically advanced and secure blockchain project there is? While you're busy trying to make money on shitcoins, you could instead go all in on essentially the only project that is solving all the issues of efficiency, scalability, speed, and security that other projects like Ethereum are failing at.

There WILL be an Ethereum killer eventually, and out of all the competing platform coins, i.e. EOS, ARK, LSK, QTUM, etc, Cardano is the ONLY one that fundamentally solves all of the problems with dApps on blockchain technology. Look at ETH right now and realize that smart contract dApps on Ethereum are incredibly expensive to run and aren't provably secure. Cardano dApps will be PROVABLY secure because they're using Haskell to write the entire ecosystem in, which is a language closer to pure math and can basically use mathematical proofs to verify each program written in it. There is no other project like this is the crypto space.

Remember when Ethereum was still $2? Do you wish you could have bought Ethereum at $2? Well, you can again, it's called Cardano.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-sl
github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-sl/commits/develop
wiki.haskell.org/Haskell_in_industry
discord
pastebin.com/K0LNsZEa
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provable_security
ibtimes.com/what-ada-worth-how-cardano-futures-compare-bitcoin-futures-2640025
iohk.io/blog/on-the-ouroboros-design-how-rigour-and-engineering-are-essential-for-critical-infrastructure/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The most expensive whitepaper.

its just a whitepaper, they have nothing yet, overvalued shit same as tron

Lmao debit card based on what?

Make a working network and then we can talk.

Wow, nice news. Lol @ the FUD.

This is gonna be HUGE in 2018

All in since .13. No regrets

>Just HODL

Where did this myth come from? Do you fucks know what github is?

github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-sl

>only a whitepaper

This is the state of Veeky Forums

If any of you were actually programmers who knew fucking anything you'd understand that Cardano has about half of all the most prominent names in Haskell development working on Cardano. Literally close to HALF of all of the most brilliant names on the cutting edge of computer science are involved in Cardano development right now.

Been holding since $0.10 so I'm Gucci.

I'm in since @0.11 and debit card was already announced then. You fuckers slept on that.

they have a working network, they're updating their wallet right now and when that's finished the API for payment processing will be available.

I only just got in during this dip. I'm jelly of you first wavers but I'm not too jelly because we're still in the smart money phase of this coin by about 3 months. By summer this project is going to be in the top 3. I'm sure we can all guess which project they're going to unseat to get there.

I doubt it will move that fast. Too much fud surrounding ADA "no working product" etc etc. They may be right in some ways, but they aren't looking into the future like we are.

if we're talking about an ethereum killer, are we also talking ethereum kind of price...?

Imagine it was my first day in crypto and I went all in then. Wasn't expecting $1 by 2019 desu.

FUD doesn't matter. It really doesn't. Cardano is the first project in the top 10 that's doing DPoS correctly. As soon as everyone realizes they're missing out on staking into Cardano early on, they're going to FOMO so fucking hard into ADA. I'm personally putting about $120k into ADA so I can set up a staking pool early on.

Oh no way man, there are way WAY too many ADA in circulation for it to ever reach 1k per coin. However as a percentage gain on a project that actually has a future there's essentially nothing else that comes close. ADA will easily 10x in 2018, and there are no other coins in the top 10, probably not even the top 30, that are going to 10x.

Not saying there aren't bigger percentage gains to be made in other coins, but there aren't any other safer gains as large as Cardano will see. ADA is the perfect balance of risk vs. reward and you'll sleep easy knowing you're staked into a project that will be a top 3 crypto in the next couple of years, potentially even #1, and I don't mean that as hyperbole, this project once they get sidechains could very well overtake BTC and that's not even being optimistic, that's just how disruptive Cardano is shaping up to be.

Got in Cardano at .20 cents.

I have $2,000 in reddcoin which is dead as fuck, what should I move it into?

Comfy with my 15k cardano

I have 10k in XRP at the moment that I really don't want to touch with the news that's due there, but I'm getting very restless watching Cardano at 70 cents and being told what it has the potential to do

yeah got 10k i aint selling for at least a yeah got in at $0.11

I am really hoping that the ledger nano s or ledger blue, will start supporting ADA. does anyone know if thats in the works?

unloaded heavy bags at 252.49%; see you next round.

I would look into BCH, GBYTE, LBC, AST, NAS, ZEN, PRIX, ITNS, ALQO, OPT, and ZCL

>github.com/input-output-hk/cardano-sl/commits/develop

holy shit that is one active github

You fail because of network effect. Everything is in ETH and ETH will dominate forever.
The Ethereum killer is called Ethereum 2.0
Don't buy a memecoin.
Also,
>charles hoskinson
>cutting edge CS
kek

Yeah, they announced that last time

charlie hoskinson with

>the University of Edinburgh
>the University of Connecticut
>the University of Athens

and doesnt they guy who invented haskell work for Cardano?

circulating/max supply too high, it will never hit $10

Watch it once the crypto market cap hits 2 trillions

Like I said, they have a large share of the most active and competent developers in Haskell working on Cardano. Haskell is THE cutting edge programming language being widely used right now. It's a purely functional language with proof assistant ability, meaning that programs written in Haskell can be verifiably secure to a degree that is literally impossible in other languages.

Cardano is a big, big fucking deal in the academic space right now. It's basically THE project that can show how Haskell is the future of computer programming languages used for secure, distributed, concurrent, performant software systems. It's a big fucking deal in more ways than just being a "currency." It's literally the future of computing infrastructure.

That's before or after White House bans crypto?

>network effect

Nigger, ADA went from nothing to the #5 crypto on Earth in less than 6 fucking months you retarded sperg.

>provably
>not probably

Stopped reading right there, pajeet

PUMP AND DUMP GET SOME NEW GAINS

Dumped all my $0.03 bags a few days ago.

Yeah, like every other shitcoin.

$10-$20 dollars this year, $260b MC for $10 dollar ADA that is totally doable. If that shit coin cripple can hit $150b in 2 months think of what this can do in a year

Delete this OP.
You don't need to give these brainlets a free ride when all they do is call this vaporware. People in the know already see the vast potential this project is destined for.

lol that hype. Calm down bra

It will eventually hit $100, likely sometime in or around 2020. Cardano isn't just a coin, and it's not just a coin+contract platform like Ethereum (which Ethereum fails at). Cardano is going to be the future of distributed computation. You know how you've been hearing about "the Cloud" and "Cloud computing" for ages now? Well Cardano is actually making secure, distributed cloud computing possible. You will be about run OPERATING SYSTEMS on top of Cardano, meaning websevers can run on top of Cardano and be secured by the entire blockchain, meaning the virtual END of DDoS attacks and censorship.

You can't and will not ever be able to do that on top of Ethereum because the underlying tech of Ethereum is incapable of handling that much throughput and will NEVER be able to handle that much throughput.

theyre not bags if you made money retard. and selling your ADA is the worst move you've ever made. you'll kill yourself in 2 years if you dont buy back in

>is a nigger who doesn't know what provable means in the context of computer science

Leave.

Why would they do this? Crypto market has to much of a potential and that also means money to the governments. Whoever bans it is out of the game. Whoever manages to regulate it in a smart way is the winner. You underestimate us govt

Banning crypto is about as possible as banning the internet.

yeah crypto will become a strategic asset for governments. It would be completely retarded for governments not to be quietly accumulating BTC and blue chip Alts

Name one thing written in haskell thats ever been useful outside of academic circle jerking. inb4 fb spam filter

Exactly. And all in all I don't think that people ruling whole countries are more retarded than bunch of teenagers on Veeky Forums trading their parents money. At least not all the govt. We all would be dead by now

>wiki.haskell.org/Haskell_in_industry

That wasn't hard. Typical Veeky Forumstard

ADA, topkek. No working product, platform or service. Enjoy your high market cap pump and dump scheme.

its being pumped, dont let op dump his bags on you

discord gg/tSWYF6V

(add the dot between discord and gg)

lol cant even get card in usa

>you missed this one buddy. we told you, you didnt listen and you missed out on the 100%-1500% gains that we all enjoyed. dont feel bad about it though maybe next time eh?

NO ONE HOLDS BAGS WITH ADA.. NO ONE!

>Muh eth killer
Cardanus can suck my dick, 30b dollar whitepaper
Eth works great, has all the dev support, has the mjority of coins running on top of it, has several scaling solutions implemented this year, has Vitalik and has trading pairs on every exchange

There is no need for a fucking eth killer you stupid shilling fag

How many ADA to own a node? I have 30,000 ADA from .11 but I want to have enough for both and enigma and cardano node. Has it been announced?

>t. Tron hodler

>They think they are the /smartmoney/ buying in
Top kek. Its a top 5 coin right now, smart money has been unloading bags and will buy back in sub 15 cents

there will not be an ETH killer

there will be new problems to solve that cardano can solve

cardano just ran up too fast, but i'd rather be holding cardano bags than tron or verge i would consider buying cardano down the road at .45 again

I feel dumb reading these commits

There are no nodes, it's DPoS. 1 ADA entitles you to whatever percentage chance that represents on the network to win the lottery for each epoch. Since it's Delegated PoS, you can delegate your 1 ADA to a staking pool to increase the chances of being in a pool that receives the lottery award, then you get paid out proportionally to your stake in that pool.

LOL FUCKING MORON
ITS NEVER GOING SUB $0.50 AGAIN
SHOULDVE BOUGHT BACK IN EARLY DEC
WHEN WILL THEY LEARN HAHAHAHAHA

Really wish I had more money when it was on 0.025 cents cause I saw the potential.. could have made a ton.. but fuck I only had 200$

Charles said it would take a bit because they need to work with the developers of Ledger.

Not exactly but the leading haskell incubator for developers in the world is working with the Cardano team, teachers and students (Thats Athens)

Meanwhile...

pastebin.com/K0LNsZEa

>Eth works great

They literally had to hardfork the entire fucking project to help some dumbassholes who wrote a broken contract. "Works great."

>has all the dev support

All of it, really? What about all of the academic and financial industry devs writing in Haskell that are contributing to Cadano? The majoirty of ETH developers are script kiddies.

> has the mjority of coins running on top of it

Yeah, a bunch of useless ERC20 tokens that do absolutely fucking nothing.

>, has several scaling solutions implemented this year

None of them actually solving the core issues with Ethereum, nor will they ever.

>has Vitalik

Vitalik is a liability, not an asset.

>has trading pairs on every exchange

Trading pairs won't matter when you can go fiat to alts, which is coming very soon. You probably didn't even fucking realize that's the only reason we trade in pairs, dumbfuck.

>There is no need for a fucking eth killer you stupid shilling fag

Yeah, except the fact that Ethereum is slow and expensive and will never be fixed.

>except the fact that Ethereum is slow and expensive and will never be fixed.

Oh yeah, and insecure. The biggest problem of all.

So basically anons

Buying this is the same as buying a ticket to Alpha Centauri?

I don't give a shit about Hoskinson or his gay academics. Eth has already proveb itself after the fork.
ADA might be a good project but stop calling it the eth killer lol

Let's see next year. As of today, ADA is literally nothing. Overvalued whitepaper

I'd say $0.69 or lower is a good price to buy

Stop pretending like ADA wont have any problems ever

Pretty much...

I'm a Haskell dev for 7 years now. Haskell and other purely functional languages are literally the future of programming, like when we went from imperative C to object oriented C++ and Java. It's that significant.

Cardano is being written in the future of programming languages in a way that will be the future of blockchain technologies. There is not a single other project in the entirety of crypto that is capable of accomplishing what is on their roadmap.

I think the only thing that will end up competing with Cardano in the longrun is going to be Hashgraph, and that's not even in alpha yet.

Expensive, never be fixed, difficult to develop on, not readable in any sense language wise. Fucking focusing on developing a Go library, FUCKING GO nobody uses Go other then young web developers who believe its the 'new thing'. I don't even know where to begin with the misdirection of the development of ethereum, its like a blockchain enviroment for web developers.

Nobody is saying that, its just going to solve the ethereum problem (actual thing developers in the space call ethereum, a problem, too bad 4chin and reddit are too stupid to follow developers on twitter)
in the long run, maybe. But I bet your weak hands would get off at mars.

>Eth has already proveb itself after the fork.

Sure, until it has to fork again because the technology if fundamentally flawed.

> As of today, ADA is literally nothing. Overvalued whitepaper

Their mainnet is out you fucking retard, and DPoS is coming out within months.

It's designed from the ground up not to have any of the problems Ethereum has.

Will it have it's own problems? Of course, and they will be far less critical flaws versus how broken Ethereum is.

>Expensive, never be fixed, difficult to develop on, not readable in any sense language wise. Fucking focusing on developing a Go library, FUCKING GO nobody uses Go other then young web developers who believe its the 'new thing'. I don't even know where to begin with the misdirection of the development of ethereum, its like a blockchain enviroment for web developers.

This user gets it.

>FUCKING GO

Audibly keked.

Pandoc.

holy shit you are stupid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Provable_security

I'm a student and even I think its fucking ridiculous man, how far away can you get from readability? Tune in next time to see vitalik add a brainfuck library to ethereum, stay tuned.

But in all seriousness contracts should be easy to read, functional, stateless, it should resemble a real world contract in those senses. Once you sign its exact, no fuzzy objects that can be told to be doing something else. No public/private states to be forgotten.

Also some dick sucking here, but I want to be a haskell developer too because of its niche status and need in the buisness network world. These are reasons I'm drawn to cardano because the developers talk like programmers, nobody at ethereum talks like a programmer except maybe their compiler developers, but even they are dogmatic about their project and the space it inhabits.

If any ADA HODLers want to come in their pants just read this article that was published today

ibtimes.com/what-ada-worth-how-cardano-futures-compare-bitcoin-futures-2640025

So why did Vitalik choose to develop eth like that?
Why did he not build it using haskell?

I don't know why do some people like ketchup in their kraft dinner? Inexperienced perhaps, he was the first mover who started Ethereum in python, literally a POC language in the most serious sense of python.

THIS

>teach CS at uni, everyone in the CS dept. bought cardano early dec

feels good

my friend is going to study CS in a couple months, he is a staunch anti-crypto FUDer what is he likely to expect from the CS students?

Fine, I might buy some since it is down 40% in 7days
But I hardly believe it can kill eth anytime soon. Even bitcoin core can't be killed despite being in its current state

Alright wake me up in 3 months when this will finally moon.

Its not about killing ethereum really, Charles is implementing backwards compatibility with ethereum into cardano because there is no real point in the software world to kill your competition. But if you make the experience to move over to your product better for developers then slowly they'll come.

Look at how Microsoft dominated the OS market, they made it easier to make the switch to DOS. They didn't release a product that killed everything else. Thats impracticable and implies that everyone is in the know.

Son, people holding BTC never expected BTC to be anything but digital money. People are relying on Ethereum to be a platform to run entire businesses off of. Once people realize it's almost impossible to run a large scale business securely and afforably on Ethereum, they will flock to whatever it is that can actually meet their business needs.

Cardano is the only platform coin I've seen that will be able to accomplish this. Mind you, I've run the gamut of comparable projects, like Eos, Lisk, Qtum, Ark, etc. They're all promising projects no doubt, but they just don't have the brainpower behind them that Cardano does. The fact that the Cardano Foundation is the only org that was intelligent enough to select Haskell as their underlying language is proof to me they're the only ones with any real long term viability as a crowning crypto in the dApp and payments space.

That's basically like being a Drumpf supporter at Berkeley.

I know this is an ADA thread but, which should my Ethereum hedge be heavier on? ADA or EOS? Im holding both as a hedge on my Ethereum bags.

satans trips say ADA

i say both

Im holding both but which should be heavier? I mean EOS has a smaller marketcap but ADA has more brainpower.

>vSrWx6Vm
>18 posts by this ID
>korsjQGI
>11 posts by this ID
>in a thread with ~80 posts total

>the shilling is real.jpg

Yea, this totally doesn't look like a pair of shills from a PnD discord channel trying to jew people into buying their bags. Not at all.

>only thread about ADA on the board
>"Shills shills!!"
>buys DBC

>big deal in academic circles
you mean the same academia teaching gender studies and african arts?
same academia accepting nogs making rap videos at harvard?
same academia that used to scoff at bitcoin and said it'd never go anywhere?
same academia housing haughty pseudo-intellectuals who can't perform in competitive environments and withdraw to their safe places?
same academia moving at a glacial pace?
oh boy i can't wait to throw all my money
with charles "kicked out of bitshares, kicked out of ethereum, kicked out of ethereum classic, ran to japan to scam old people" hotkinson at the helm, there's no way this could fail
their non-whitepaper even talks of bending over for the state because regulations are good because they make us money, how strongly academical of them

money skeleton > haskellet

Is there any benefit to me owning more ADA in ourobous staking? Sorry, not a programmer need a bit of spoonfeed.

>iohk.io/blog/on-the-ouroboros-design-how-rigour-and-engineering-are-essential-for-critical-infrastructure/

Ma boi just BTFO Dan Larimer the creator of EOS ya get me?

you are clearly new and have a case of 'babi's first altcoin' attachment syndrome.
calm the fuck down about cardano!
kek. literally making things up here bro
haskell is overblown nerd shit that is -1000 light years behind mainstream languages in terms of network effects, flexibility and industry infrastructure
Vitalik is a visionary. Eth is being pampered into a best this year. compare that to the toxic Charles H who got kicked from Ethereum and his sceince project that will take many months or more to see a single slither of adoption
18b market cap is fucking insane for such a vaporwave project that just appeals to people like you, that think they are so smart and edgy..

you will probably sell when ADA dips 20% or more and will start Fudding it the next day
desu all you passionate shillers are just really embarrassing in general
(also clearly a redditor, please go the fuck back)

nope, those are soft sciences. false equivalency. Talking provably secure smart contracts here user.

ADA for sure

If any user here can give a technical answer why the functional programming based cardano is technologically inferior to ethereum, I'll send you 20 of my stinky linkies. I'll wait.

Its dPoS so that means if you don't have enough ADA to run a stake yourself you can delegate your stake to someone else, kind of like Ark but better in many fundamental ways. You'll receive your reward just like if you were staking and unlike Ark you don't actually need to send your ADA to the person your having stake it for you in the vote.

Can't say how much benefit because we don't have numbers, but even having 100 ADA could see returns, and you don't need a machine or wallet online to stake, so its free after investment.

>VAPORWAVE
ITS VAPORWARE YOU INEPT INVESTOR REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

holy shit this is embarassing. it reads like a rambling diary and there is no substance in there. at all.

Tell me how this is superior to DPoS. You can't. shit like this is writen to try and confuse people and to make them feel smart for getting behind it

kek

>The same academia

No. It's a different one. It's the cryptography academia ie the guys that gave us the technology for https:// to work and the ecliptic curve cryptography behind bitcoin and all of Dan Larmier's projects. Each time they completely fuck up the world with some new math they publish the findings at a conference or in a journal.