Why

Not trying to fud, im hodl forever, but I’d like to know why the market has lost over 200 billion dollars in only a week. Thoughts Veeky Forums?

I don't know man, seems like the January effect came in December.

Maybe cos it gained around that much in the same space of time?

because dumb money stopped entering the market so investors need to be trade more now rather than just hold and watch everything moon

This. Normies are pulling out.

>people need to pay their taxes for 2017
>profit taking after a huge alt rally
>cmc fud, korea fud
>fud over future regulations in the US
>shitcoin marketcaps are inflated
>exchanges closing registrations

So you think everything will adjust in Q2? How long will this last

Hard to say, I don’t think any time soon. It could, of course, but there is so much potential yet. Too many good coins out there of which the potential is huge. The market is too young yet, it has only recently assembled the interest of SOME companies. There is just way too much grow potential for it to crash now.

Its a speculative shit market filled with pajeets and 16 year olds that think they are rich cause muh internet money can buy house and cars

This.

Everyone will be green wojacking next week when everything goes up 5x again.

This market needed to bleed out Ripple, TRON, Litecoin, and yes Bitcoin quite a bit. Those 4 are retardedly overvalued. In fact, I'd say a majority of the top 25 are overvalued. Only ones that really deserve any significant market cap are Ethereum, Monero, and Siacoin. Actual useful real world blockchain projects. The rest need to go away honestly.

Market cap doesn't work like that

Nice story

quick large amount of hype, then nomies got bored and pulled out

started 3 days ago... you're right, nothing's happening and I'm SO BORED

imagine buying LTC at 300USD
then TRX at 0.20c
the normie shilled coins for those who 'missed out on BTC' have plummeted, most of these guys buy at ATH.
would be enough for anyone new to pull their money

Because stupid money has entered the market and is literally throwing money at ANYTHING.

This can't last long.

I still think that this needs to be bigger to be a real bubble. Talking about a couple off trillions.

normies pulling out.

crypto in 2017 was like pokemon go 2.0.

getting justed really hard right now. i dont even hold bitcoin but i really pray for a new ATH for this shitcoin.

we need more media presence again.

There is no such thing as market cap in Crypto. It's just a retarded way that website uses to represent the total valuation. It is not a pool of money somewhere.

This

After all the pumping on literal shitcoins that were only a few cents worth, it's no wonder that the market needs to trim some fat.

And all the FUD also doesn't help.

Maybe because all of these coins are completely retarded and worthless given that no one is being forced to pay for things in crypto while no merchants accept crypto.

Also because south korea banned trading.

>Korea banned trading
Please stay informed and stop spreading fud, it was already confirmed this shit was fake

I'd argue conservatively that >60% of the top 50 shouldn't even exist. Most of what will rise to fill that space in the next year sits between #60-150 now but there are a few future top twenties that aren't even trading yet. Web 3 is being created whether people know it or not. 2018 is YOTR for the bazingacoins of the world