The future of Ethereum

We all saw what happened in december when the media started reporting on Bitcoin. And now, with the increased interest about cryptocurrencies it's just a question about when normies get in on Ethereum or "bitcoin 2.0".
Not only this, but with the current dip caused by major FUD, and the Flippening in the near future in which Bitcoin will lose market dominance to ETH and other cryptos, surely this will make ETH a great long-time investment now.
What are your opinions?

yeah

This

Thanks just bought 100k

This

interesting points made here, you've convinced me to invest.

this guy knows his shit

This

No

5k by EOY conservative estimate assuming smooth rollout of casper and proof of stake. could see it going as high as 10k though if it really gains traction as btc 2.0 among normies and mirrors the tulip bull run bitcoin had. the great overall advantage of ethereum though is that it's value is determined by its utility. if the ethereum platform thrives and successful dApps start to become reality, demand for eth will continue to rise

yeah

Back to leedit with your stupid jokes

Eth is going to go crazy, first up, then down. It's being pumped by people that already know the reason why it will go down.

ladies and gentlemen: set your orders!

but it’d need a $1 trillion market cap to go 10k that’s absurd, that’s more than all the money in crypto altogether

took out a mortgage to buy eth. clearly the smartest move.

15k eoy, 40k eoy 2019, 1m by 2030

Not if it becomes the dominant coin. Dotcom got to 5 trillion before burst. 1 trillion in a year for the top player isn't out of the question.

ETH is a good shitcoin, but a lousy smart contract platform, and does not scale well. It has medium-term potential, but not long-term. If ETH is able to overtake BTC, it will be proof that ETH is itself vulnerable to be overtaken by a better contract platform.

tfw its recovering
good hodl

One year ago crypto market cap was $14Bil
Now its $650 Bil
Who knows what the future holds but my money is on going way way up.

$1Tril market cap is not absurd, it is quite likely

Just sold all mine so it better dump or I'll be so mad I'll punch my neighbours cat

>pic
I do not experience ASMR, but isn't it supposed to be comfortable and relaxing?

Thing is, especially in tech, you don't need to be the best. You just need to be the first - the one developers are most familiar with, the one infrastructure is built around, the one with existing application.

It gets to a point where it's too hard to move from a platform that's already been invested in.

Use Maker, create DAI, sell DAI for USD, pay off mortgage, buy back your ETH. Like a mortgage but 1% interest

I honestly think this is going to be pretty easy to achieve. 1trn bucks is nothing compared to stock markets, forex, gold, all that good old boomer jazz. Also, I find market cap to be a pretty meaningless number in evaluating something as global, wide ranging in application, and easy to invest in as ethereum. although ultimately this crypto revolution may be the cause of the next recession, it is definitely here to stay for the long term. Bet on the right ones early enough and one day you will be sitting on the amazon of crypto. Also, pay more attention to volume than anything and be weary of selling all your coins simply because the overall market cap for the entirety of crypto seems high. Remember that if someone wanted to add alot of $ value to market cap all they would need to do would be create some shitcoin with a high supply (say 1 bn tokens) and then get it listed on a halway decent exchange and then go pay 1$ for one token. Boom, all the sudden $1bn added to crypto market cap

It's not too late to get in again if you're looking for a long-term investment.

It's true, but ETH is not even worse-is-better, it's an early product the users of which have had to learn about the possible problems the hard way. It isn't C, it's more of a BCPL.

eth is going to outperform the majority of shitcoins this year, and many, many people will lose lots money by converting eth to shitcoins in order to trade or hold them.

Go 50-50 BCH and ETH. DO IT OR GET LEFT BEHIND.

>be the first
dude the pioneers in almost every tech field don't even exist any more. The truth is literally the opposite of what you said.

should i go into eth now or wait for a dip

just bought 100ETH thanks kind sir

>eth
>not skycoin for the gains
never gonna make it

bch/sky here

The guy who started eth (before vitalik) left long ago to join . . . skycoin. Same with bitcoin devs.

ETH is my reserve currency and long term hold. It's as reliable as USD in my opinion. I'd say this "crash" proves that everyone knows ETH is the real deal and nobody is selling at a discount outside of ICO bagholders to fund projects.

Once Casper hits in a couple months not only will we get staking, but tx speeds are expected to increase 3-7x faster. We will be a minimum of $2,500 a coin at that point or I will eat my own dick live on television.

Eth is the best smart contract platform and scaling solutions are pretty much around the corner. If ETH overtakes BTC it will be proof that ETH is unstoppably versatile because of the well-organized roadmap and development community

Once big boys will lock in their Ether to stake, the supply will drastically decrease. Even if the demand stays at the same level, prices will go up. By how much? Noone knows and if they tell you they do they're bullshitting you.

the dip is literally right now kek

he's right you know

where are all the core shills lying about eth being inflationary? they all vanished the nanosecond segwit got implemented on the legacy chain.

i'm convinced eth will flip btc. the soft fork i failing because no one is updating their wallets... but if btc gets its shit together eth is fucked. i'm really not sure how that could happen, though.

Can anyone actually explain he significance of these app? I really don’t see the value here. The economy doesn’t make much sense and I seriously don’t believe they solved the halting problem like their white paper claims to have done. The idea of letting people build apps that run on every piece of the node in order to work as well as waiting for other people’s shitty apps to finish before yours I seriously have no idea how they are dealing with scheduling. It’s not a OS. It can’t be fast. And the whole gas economy thing doesn’t make sense at all. If you try to run this on AWS you’ll just burn through cash. I really don’t see the appeal unless you run this as a fucking hobby. The whole distributed app and contract thing sounds like an okay idea for people that like globalism in the sense that I don’t see how businesses would want their data hosted and available on untold numbers of nodes. Encrypted data yeah. Just wait for some exploit and all that data is wide open. Or some hacker to find a loophole and they fucking rage quit the economy and reset it. It’s the antithesis of businesses want so I don’t see how they’d adopt it if only for an ability to exchange a currency if nothing else.

market cap is just a reference number, do you think tehres 600bi being traded right now? of couse not!

eth will get to .4 btc this year.

Yes.

yeah nah mate

Too much development is being done with ETH in comparison to BTC. As long as Money Skelly can continue to upgrade and deal with the increased usage, it will gain more more market cap.

It is a platform whereas many other coins out there are limited use cases. Invest in projects that offer many things to many people instead of few things to many people.

skynet?

god tier analysis. wholeheartedly agree

dirty poop mouth

yeah

>>>/reddit/

ok

But before that happens, Google releases gBlockchain, then all of your Ether become worthless.

sick of these fucking line drawing diagrams nigga

is this a troll attempt? the absolute disconnect in your understanding of ethereum verus mine is far too great for me to actually explain anything to you (even in my best attempt at layman speak). I have literally never seen any diatribe so incoherent. I don't even mean this in an insulting way. just lurk moar faggot and read up on ethereum for hundreds of hours before spewing this sort of nonsense again.

That is not how marketcap works user. Allow me to explain for all of todays newcoiners.

Market cap is a calculation, price * circulating supply, in itself it is nothing and does not do anything, and in reality it does not mean much other than the total circulating value if a hand of god could liquidate all coins at their last price. It is useful as a guide within the market and nothing else.

A 10K ETH does not mean it would need a 1tn market cap, it merely means it would have a 1tn market cap. The ONLY requirement for 10K ETH is for somebody to buy it from you for 10K, and consequentially a 1TN market cap is for a weighted average of buyers across markets to be buying ETH at a price of $10K for some period of time.

You do not need all the money in crypto to make a 1TN ETH, you do not need $900bn to make a 10K ETH, you need whatever you need to buy it up to 10K. Consider what would happen to the price if right now you tried to buy $100bn worth as quickly as possible, you would fast reach a point where you would be paying far more than $10K per coin.

ethereum classic will outlast ether when its all said and done. trying to turn a truly decentralized free market platform into a business has already been tried and tested. and failed.

screencap this

*claps*
*claps*
*claps*

so it would be a centralized blockchain? you realize this a major part of the beauty of a decentralized platform is the fact that it can be created by anyone but decentralized by the masses. Doesn't matter who the fuck creates it that is the beauty of open source code. The only way something like that could beat ethereum would be if it were truly better from a scaling/fundamentals perspective. Even then though, as we saw with btc, first mover advantage does exist you know.

>dude the pioneers in almost every tech field don't even exist any more

IBM???

LOL

Sure, if it gets exclusive rights to ICO from the chink government. It's literally miles behind in every aspect from the technology to the business. Chinas biggest alt project is literally an ethereum token

Huge if true

that's exactly how china operates though. they let western companies put all the time, money and effort into R&D and then they copy whatever works

name any huge app or website and there's a "chinese" version of it that sprung up with the blessing of the CCP

if ethereum was cheap and nutritious food and neo was incredibly sub par and expensive food they would let millions starve just to promote the chinese food

Mind if I share this intel?

/thread