Serious question

Can anyone explain to me why anyone has faith in any other platform coin besides Cardano at this point? I started doing some research into all the platform coins, and came up with this list:

>ETH
>NEO
>ICX
>LSK
>QTUM
>EOS
>ADA

And out of all of them, the only platform that looks like it has a real future 5 years from now is ADA. Every other platform coin is either talking way beyond their competency or outright lying, or has teams that can't do what they claim, or already have a big codebase that is fundamentally broken (looking at you, Ethereum).

ADA looks to be the only blockchain platform where the architecture was purpose designed from the ground up to solve every issue of running dApps on the blockchain at scale with maximum performance and security.

I know this is Veeky Forums where hardly anyone knows fucking anything about computer science or programming, but are there any other anons here who read the whitepapers of all these projects and came to the same conclusion? I mean for fucks sake, the Cardano whitepaper is 47 pages of mathematical proofs that have been peer reviewed. I just don't see any other blockchain platform having any ability to compete with ADA.

Other urls found in this thread:

iohk.io/blog/on-the-ouroboros-design-how-rigour-and-engineering-are-essential-for-critical-infrastructure/
zensystem.io/iohk/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shhh I'm accumulating

You forgot ELF, I agree but dont hold any, will stock up soon though. the think with ADA is all the programmers are haskellfags, which means they are smart but will probably never be able to deliver. (name 1 influential haskell project that isnt its compiler)

t. actual CS degree holder working in the tech industry

Good joke

Huh? The Haskell part is the compiler and infrastructure? Y'know, what Haskell programmers are known for...

no projects delivered because haskell is stupid. you can do functional programming in any worthwhile language now.

>dpos
>secure
the whole point of crypto is the trustless aspect
if you bring back a trusted party, might as well trust the government over a cryptocurrency startup led by a guy anyone who worked closely with in the past refers to as a sociopath

>name 1 influential haskell project

Influential to whom? Haskell is the most difficult language there is in mainstream use right now, it's like another world for most programmers and very, very few programmers can actually hack at anything in Haskell effectively. It took me almost an entire year of category theory before Haskell really clicked and the universe opened up to me.

The point here is that Haskell is a hard language that solves the hard problems. It's not something soyboy numales writing garbage webapps in javascript would ever touch or comprehend. Thus, by almost any metric Haskell will NEVER be "influential" because it will always be a language reserved for the best and brightest in the field, and they don't generally write popcode garbage with big name recognition. They're hacking away in the shadows at the hard problems that everything you think is influential actually relies upon.

Financial companies employ more Haskellers than any other industry. There's a fucking reason for that, and you will never in your life hear about what they're doing in those software labs for those companies.

Literally the bitcoin killer.

9 PHDs on project full time.
3 Research Campuses
Most active github I've ever seen
High Assurance Coding
One of the most well respected computer scientists (Wadler) on the project.
World renowned cryptography/game theory researcher (Kout) on the project.

Cardano will kill bitcoin. It's not how/if/why, its WHEN.

>you can do functional programming in any worthwhile language now.

You have absolutely no fucking idea what you're talking about.

Listen pajeet, DPoS is how we decide who gets paid to transact blocks. Anyone can run a stake. Anyone can process blocks. DPoS is about finding the most efficient route of doing that without expending the electricity required to run a medium sized country.

Doubles and truth. This is what I absolutely believe. It's not only the BTC killer but it's the ETH killer as well, and some very, very powerful people know this too, which is why Cardano is #5 in market cap "on just a whitepaper."

When Cardano is production ready, there will literally be no reasonable use case for BTC or ETH anymore other than nostalgia, FUD, or incompetence.

NEO basically already delivers on its promise..it's a working product yet has a smaller market cap than ADA which doesn't even work yet.

Wish i would have gotten in @ .11

>you can do functional programming in any worthwhile language now.
Kind of. But you can't verify their mathematical correctness the way you can with haskell. It's definitely a solid choice for a system that needs to be mathematically perfect.

That's because NEO is only marginally better than ETH, and you don't gain significant marketshare by just being a little better than the 800 lb gorilla in the room.

Cardano is like a raging elephant while BTC is a sick hippopotamous and ETH is an overweight gorilla.

tell me more daddy

im about to go balls deep

Me too.

They tried to warn me. I didn't listen.

>1000tps
>can write dapps in multiple existing languages
>already proof of stake (dbft)
>marginally better

How is it only marginally better?

It's not even similar... Neo is super fast, has dividents, no transaction fees and pos

It might be faster than Ethereum. Unfortunately censorship resistance is not one of NEO's priorities. Just watch their latest interview on CNBC.

Yeah man, when you're talking platforms that have a lot of user inertia due to development lock-in and mindshare, even stats like those are marginal gains.

NEO compared to ETH is definitely better, but not so much better that everyone building on ETH feels the need to jump ship. Cardano on the other hand is so vastly superior on paper to every other platform out there it's not even comparable. When Cardano is production ready it will make NEO look like a dinosaur and ETH look like a trilobite fossil.

>NEO is not censorship resistant

Another good point. Par for the course for chinkshit.

you cant even understand what i wrote brainlet

While I greatly respect the methodical approach, I'm not sure it'll be worth it in practice. I think we can expect the project to move slowly, while everyone else will be doing the same but faster. Time is important in business, especially crypto.

The second thing I question is the use of POS - why do they think this is the future? POS is inherently centralizing since it makes the rich richer. I think the few FBA based cryptos show much more future promise, but ADA is already tied to POS.

>POS is inherently centralizing since it makes the rich richer.
Ideally the barrier of entry to POS won't be prohibitively high, and will be driven even lower by staking pools.

There is no minimum amount for staking required.

Lol, you're so fucking stupid you think something like promises in javascript are comparable to monadic interfaces in Haskell. Wow, you did something "functionally" RIGHT?
YAH MAN, ALL THESE LANGUAGES HAVE FUNCTIONS THAT TAKE FUNCTIONS AS ARGUMENTS, WE ALL TEAM #FUNCTIONAL NAO!

Nigger, get the fuck out of here with your asinine bullshit, you're a child.

Come back when you understand the importance of immutability and side effect free computing and see if you can chirp about "any worthwhile language" you absolute shit-for-brains pajeet. I hope your H1-B expires soon so can you go back home and poo on the street with your family again.

Does any one know how many ADAs one needs to run a masternode (pool)?

>While I greatly respect the methodical approach, I'm not sure it'll be worth it in practice.

Tell that to the financial industry. You think they just fly by the seat of their pants and cobble random garbage together like Vitalik Buterin and his merry band of trend chases? Fuck no.

Get a clue dude, blockchain is going into mission critical industries, this homebrew shit isn't going to fucking cut it anymore.

There's tons of new ICO appearing in NEO now though. Many sites are already touting 2018 as the "year of NEO".

The only "bad" point now is the centralization of the chinks, which they say it will be solved soon. Besides that, NEO is not marginally better to ETH, it is light-years ahead.

And ADA at this point is nothing more than an academic wank. That might change once they show a real working product.

It will still mean that somebody who was rich from the start will only keep getting richer, and nobody can ever challenge them. Pools and low entry barriers are great, but whoever had the most share initially will be the one growing the fastest. Maybe they can figure something out to alleviate that, maybe it's not a problem in practice.

>There's tons of new ICO appearing in NEO now though.

And? There's about ten billionty ERC20 token ICOs that do absolutely and literally bull fuck and shit. ICOs don't fucking matter.

Prepare yourself for HPB user.

promises arent functional you faggot. Haskell is a meme language for liberal mental masturbators @ Uni. Let me know when you get a real job outside of shilling.

It's not a problem in practice, here read this

>iohk.io/blog/on-the-ouroboros-design-how-rigour-and-engineering-are-essential-for-critical-infrastructure/

Click through the links and read more about DPoS.

So anyone knows how the staking is going to work.. can't find any info on googler.. have not tried very hard though

wow you got BTFO this thread. enjoy your bags neckbeard.

>promises arent functional

Congratulations on showing everyone here who knows anything about functional javascript that you're a fucking tard. You ever heard the phrase "callbacks are imperative, promises are functional?" Of course you haven't, you fucking street shitter.

HPB looks like an amateur copy of Cardano. Their whitepaper looks like something a 1st year uni student would do. I'm sure it will moon but it's a chink shitcoin.

oh cool you know a shit tier programming meme, you are really part of the industry, user

b-b-but you just have uhh Dunning Kruger syndrome! Hard things are actually just a meme, kek. :o)

It does matter because making an ICO on NEO costs 50k minimum, while on ETH you can do a scammy ICO by copying a smart contract and deploying it for around 20 bucks.

This basically guarantees that all upcoming ICOs in NEO are serious projects.

Btw, I'm a smart contract dev, I'm quite experienced in both coding for ETH and NEO, I can tell that at this point, the only thing making Ethereum still the platform king is the first mover advantage / popularity, same as Bitcoin.

The tech behind it is already outdated as hell, in the crypto world everything moves at the speed of light. Things might change a bit once one of the "scaling" solutions are properly working, but that would basically fixing design flaws with glue tape.

I'm not saying NEO will be the winner, as I still not studied all other alternatives in detail, but Ethereum will be threading difficult waters in 2018

But...but..but you're just wrong. QTUM Is functional with a scalable network. ICX is already being used- even without it's public main net launch it's use by institutions shows it has network capacity. Then theres something like XLM which is so far ahead of qtum in transaction throughput, network scaling etc, which also functions as a platform. I really don't know what makes cardamon so great.

>Haskell is a meme language for liberal mental masturbators @ Uni
literal death knell of brainlets when they are cornered

^^tldr... just answer me this pajeets.. why is cardano justing me ever since i bought it?

>mfw hodl'd since .13 and going to the next galaxy

Debit cards soon. Also, keep an eye out for word on the Zencash partnership.

>It does matter because making an ICO on NEO costs 50k minimum

Well that's absolutely fucking retarded in and of itself. No wonder NEO isn't talked about very highly. There's no fucking way I'd put up 50k to offer an ICO on a small business token.

I have an ERC20 token in development right now for a smart contract system for a very niche role in a particular shipping and receiving sector. I'm developing this token completely out of my own pocket to capitalize on an industry niche I only know about because of friends and family, and that doesn't have any fucking clue about blockchain anything and won't get it until there is a fully working product right in front of them that they can use immediately.

You think I'm going to put up 50k out of my own pocket on a market hunch ON TOP OF all the personal spec work I'm putting into it? That's absolutely fucking asinine. It really is no wonder to me now why NEO isn't more popular.

coming to your boyfriends aid? SAD!

>word on the Zencash partnership.
Word is already out user.
zensystem.io/iohk/