Encrypted Ethereum Paper Wallet

2 years ago I made a paper wallet. The website insisted I encrypt it. I made it, printed it out and put it in a safe. Ethereum rises, I pull it out and check it. There is no private key, only an encrypted QR code. I download Ethereum wallet on Android market, wont read it. Download QR reader, spits out a code twice as long as a private key, must be the encrypted text of the private key. Spend days looking up decryption software.

If any of you high functioning autists can help me out, I'll send you a generous thank you once I can get my hands on all that ETH.

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/ryepdx/ethaddress.org
myetherwallet.com/#view-wallet-info
github.com/ryepdx/ethaddress.org/commit/f491c1fa3ca5bc0f330b97d43cc9fea8709b6ca3
etherscan.io/address/0x1b9e493ff54cb68b64e58492e6be5fb098de8f3f
myetherwallet.com/#view-wallet-info.
npmjs.com/package/crypto-js.
github.com/ryepdx/ethaddress.org/blob/master/src/controllers/importWallet.js#L178
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That's not my wallet.
My wallet looks like that minus the private key.

Yo yoir rich asf donate to me im somalian and some white boi tourist on deh fahm came here and told us what to do even do he dont kno sheet cus dee embassy take ah heez mohnee to come down heeyah and play mistah fahma si-ehn-teest mahn an den he stohlamee sandals mon ayyyyyy noht vewy iree nohm sayin?

The website I used is ethaddress.org. No longer up.

this is why i keep all my coinz on exchanges, lmao. good luck.

>ethaddress.org
github.com/ryepdx/ethaddress.org

so you have ur public key?

Yes, I have the public key and password

This. Run the stuff on a local server machine, decrypt should be good

use jaxx

I've done this has an option to import QR.

Do it. The funds are yours.

Thanks, leave your ETH add. and when I unlock I'll send you a tip for your help

GJ user

when did you buy the eth? are you about to become a millionaire user?

myetherwallet.com/#view-wallet-info upload pvt key to website and boom your funds should be there. This was the easiest way for me to transfer my funds I had on paper to hot wallet. GL user

Can't remember, 1.5-2 years ago. Millionaire? no.

Confirming this with a screenshot for you.
0x6D049223d434239ba8403CF2B43761D04d6b779D

omg I actually tried this and it's a piece of shit
for one there's an idiotic check for https in index.html that can be removed
then a portion of js doesn't work for some reason
what a hack job
even worse is this:

github.com/ryepdx/ethaddress.org/commit/f491c1fa3ca5bc0f330b97d43cc9fea8709b6ca3
" Correct private key encoding bug when using encrypted wallets. "

well good luck user

etherscan.io/address/0x1b9e493ff54cb68b64e58492e6be5fb098de8f3f
??

With version control from the approx date the wallet was made, could the original commit be pulled?

Next level autisms now required.

It looks like the functionality should still work. Fingers cross for OP

I'm working with zero percent autism here. I have a 3 digit IQ but I see things like github and computer code and I'm lost.

Yes
first
git clone github.com/ryepdx/ethaddress.org
then
git checkout f491c1fa3ca5bc0f330b97d43cc9fea8709b6ca3

as for running I don't know, I just did python3 -m http.server (after manually removing check for https in index.html), but I guess it's some smart node thing that requires runtime compilation or something to actually work. Not a web dev

How many ETH you got in there? Just curious

I tried it in Chrome on Windows, seemed to function as intended.

I threw it into ubuntu (the pre-built version) using Firefox and it seemed to work.

Really hope this works out for you, user bro

If it helped you can leave me a tip. Congrats bro! 0xeaaf7939f1454ce28953f5cda0c09c93afb7b12a

Save that code that was spit out by your qr reader and save it in notepad on your computer and go to myetherwallet.com/#view-wallet-info. Hit Keystore / JSON File and upload that saved file and then you can try and decrypt it there using your password

This is Good Luck Samurai of Raccoon.

I hope you'll make it! I only have a 100€ worth of ETH as my total crypto hodlings, with a dedication to keep putting all the extra poorfag pennies i can into crypto this year, hoping to make 10k eoy. I believe we're all going to make it, OP! Don't give up!!

When I click 'unlock' nothing happens

Try cyberchef. It has loads of common decryption methods so you can try and decode yourself

Fuck off pajeet.

or trying using that public code in a notepad and decrypting that way

Did this guy seriously just post his private key??????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH That shit is GONE SON

Can't read.

Do you have any clues as to which recipe will decrypt the QR code?

Kys

try to decode that string from the QR code with aes, i think that could be your private key

you will obviously need to remember the password you used

try an aes tool online. it might be a little tricky since there are different aes modes and password based key derivation functions. from the pic of that wallet, it looks like the ciphertext is hex encoded. you might need to do some encoding juggling stuff (converting from hex to utf8 etc)

if not, that tool uses npmjs.com/package/crypto-js. could load it up in node and try it out, its not too hard, the decrypt example is right there, except you will need to convert the hex string to a buffer for the ciphertext

use jaxx nigger

Installing now (((6322600)))

or try coinomi nigger, if that doesn't work try myetherwallet nigger and upload the qr code into notepad and upload it that way

I looked at the JavaScript and looks like it uses PBKDF2: github.com/ryepdx/ethaddress.org/blob/master/src/controllers/importWallet.js#L178

Posting now to keep the thread bumped while I try and figure out what the code does and how you might be able to decrypt it with CyberChef, although it's a bit more difficult when I don't have an encrypted wallet of myself to try it out with.

bump cause i wanna see the end of this.

It's all over. I did it. Thanks Anons.

How did you do it?

how'd you manage that user and gratz

How rich are you now, OP?

Awesome news user. Congrats on ur wealth. :)

Happy for you user, don't be such a retard in future

After reading the thread, I can't believe you were able to access you wallet OP. gj my man.

enjoy

Kys Pajeet, this was your first post. You do realize we have IDs, right? Retard.

I pasted the extracted encrypted QR code into myetherwallet private key section, it decrypts it there. All i had to do was extract, paste and then enter my password.

No homo but I can legit feel the love radiating from your post

Thanks user.

How was it encrypted?

jesus dude i literally was the one to tell you to do this at the start of the thread anyway, I don't want a reward or anything. Have a nice day user

Not as rich as I would hope to be, rich enough to buy up some alts on this dip.

Thanks, I must have missed it. I've had 30 + tabs open on two monitors, smashing coffee and sperging out.