Do you actually study to be a better trader?

I'm curious how many fags here are just gambling and how many are here doing homework, studying TA, honing a form of fundamental analysis, as well learning and testing various risk control methods. I feel like 90% or more of the crypto trading space is a bunch of bros who don't actually know what they're talking about nor have sound reasoning behind their picks. Do you study for this user?

Other urls found in this thread:

coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
youtube.com/watch?v=2u007Msq1qo
hackernoon.com/mastering-shitcoins-the-poor-mans-guide-to-getting-crypto-rich-2e469b762ba9
coinzaa.com
icodrops.com/ico-stats/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Literally yolo haha

fuck TA yo i just read a lot and pick the things that have a future

50% studying 50% gut decisions

someone posted a drive with a bunch of TA books, but I cant find it anymore....

literally like... it's gonna spike bro.

fuck no do I look like a god damn nerd I'm just flipping buys and sells and racking up faggot

99% of idiots on Veeky Forums are people from /pol/ who are gambling and getting mad at their frustration. Its the same reason why they go to /pol/

you must be poor.

>TA in a market moved by memes and magic internet money

lol

TA really isn't nearly as solid in crypto as people like to claim. Can it be a guideline? Sure.
And then Bitcoin can do the exact fucking opposite if it wants.

Since most charts are manipulated by bots I gave up TA and just studied there movements trying to beat them, but its really not going this well desu.

Well and making a google news alert for blockchain cooperations with industry blue chips isn't really a that hard field of study

I think TA is essentially pseudoscience. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't. It's one of many tools in the arsenal

whats to study, though? Its all guessing anyways

p much this. If it has a solid team, a real use, and a possibility of being legitimately useful, I'll buy in. It's how I made money on AAPL, AMD, and other stocks when people though the companies were toast. The team is really the most important thing to me, as crypto can be used for fucking anything. Of course sometimes it's fun to roll the dice on shit because you never know if you can get quick gainz

I'm gambling personally because this is basically replacing video games for me

I'm so happy to hear that much of /biz thinks TA is bullshit or that we're at the whims of mythical whales and manipulators. It just shows me that I am among a bunch of peasants and my odds of succeeding beyond biz's wildest imagination will become realized if biz continues to stay as dumb.

huge flaw in your way of thinking. I think most people think this way which is why only a small percentage of us have been able to turn single triple digits into six digits within a several months. I attribute my gains to a system that I've created for analyzing a lot of these coins and I don't treat this as some fantasy bullshit that I can not look at. I've devoted a large portion of my day every day to study and have been able to increase my bankroll 300 fold turning 500 bucks into 150k within 4 months while most of my other friends only have like 4x their initial investment right now and they have the same mentality as most people here. That there is nothing they can do and it is all random luck.

I work at a top hedge fund. TA is a meme that retail normies buy into to make sense of something they don't have the intelligence to analyze.

your hedge fund must be poor.

Studying is not really necessary but if you don't know what RSI or a Fibbonaci chart is you should really consider reading some shit.

most crypto traders use TA. you can see it in the fucking charts. therefore you must also use it too to see what is about to happen. it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, but will make you more gains than if you pretend it doesn't work.

better to grind crypto IRL then some mmorpg resource

Considering everything mooned and was bullish times 100 in the past several months, you get a participation trophy if you succeeded.

Try to succeed now, in this bearish market, and you have true skills.

I'm studying, but I'm new enough and my paper trades are wrong often enough that I don't feel comfortable making trades based off of TA. It may change in the future but for now I just hold ICX and VEN and chase promising new altcoins right as they hit the market.

Been spending all my spare time studying markets, economics, crypto for about the past six months. Still feel like I know nothing.

Years of playing the Jew in MMOs is finally paying off, if I could just send a message to past me and tell myself that crafting all those pots and armor is not a waste of time but solid financial experience in future economics...

Studying TA and different tools for analysis, I took $ 500 out of my hodlings just to practice these methods. Best way to learn is to practice so for people who are learning like myself I would suggest trading with smaller amounts until you get the hang of it.

t. brainlet

No

I trade on emotion and the psychology of the market, am up 20000% in a year.

Teach me, master. What should I be researcing? I do look at the curves, tho.

Care to explain your methods? I just invested in IOTA in October and XRB in late December because I saw that both projects were already been worked on for quite some time and the developer team seemed to be very passionate about their projects. Recently made 2x with DBC just cuz I discovered Veeky Forums, but lost a bit cuz of Veeky Forums lol. Gonna do some thinking now.

Hell no all of that shit is useless. The best and only indicator you need is price.

Economists and computer scientists have published dozens of papers over decades on the question of how to predict markets. Looking at humans and robots that use technical analysis and things like news and sentiment analysis, for the last time, TECHNICAL ANALYSIS DOES NOT FUCKING WORK.

If you happen to use technical analysis and then make a good trade, it's not because you used technical analysis. It was just luck and a coincidence. Everyone here is making money because it's a fucking bullmarket and its impossible to lose money. It's not because you used TA.

If you doubt me, see how much money you make using TA in a bear market. That's how you test your mad wolf of wallstreet skillz.

Another reason people think TA works is because there's a self-fulfilling prophecy. Some sneaky pajeet on Twitter posts a chart he made in MSPaint saying "hey guys here's why it's going to go up." Then his followers buy in. So it goes up. TADA, AMAZING TA BABY!!!

exactly, its no different than a coordinated pump and dump.

but normies wont understand, neither will anyone else who FOMOs

Yeah go and trade retard, good goy, make those taxes big!

>TA
>crypto markets

I do some basic TA on coins I'm interested in to ease my soul a bit when I buy in.

No. /pol/ is too retarded for shit like this. There is no way 99% of biz is /pol/.

In a bull market everyone is a genius. In a bear market only merit wins.

>thinks all the people posting pink wojacks arent just shitposters from Veeky Forums

most of them are from /pol/, with a handful mixed with /b/, Veeky Forums, and /int/

RULE OF TA IN CRYPTO: The success of a person's technical analysis is determined by how many followers he has

TA is 90% retarded

that said, I've seen the same pattern happen before and we're in a Bitcoin bear market. Legitimately going down to 10K this time.

Disclaimer: I'm long BTC, but also short (LOL, tax efficiency)

you're a big guy

>studying TA
Youre the gambler.

TA is a joke and youre so naive it hurts.

>we're at the whims of mythical whales and manipulators
Not quite, just people with a brain and big stacks. If you cant spot it (maybe you are just too ignorant to acknowledge it) then all your studying seems to have been a waste.

You need to know when to buy before the retards waiting for a "breakout", that will get you more gains :^)
Your three dozen indicators wont show you this by the way.. Just the price and volume history by themselves.

Your emotion or others? If others you doing it properly lad.

I think a lot of people miss out on the importance of networking.
$crypto twitter focuses mostly on TA, same w/ tradingview.
Veeky Forums focuses on fundamentals and risky moonshots.
Hardly anyone actually reaches out to the teams handling the progress of the projects they're investing in.
Even fewer take this shit seriously enough to start ventures.
There's SO much opportunity here. I've gone from a $20k joke investment to over $1m in less than a year and I attribute most of that success to aggregating and leveraging the info of connections who are "in the know".
devs, exchange employees, conference owners... Those are the guys you want to be friends with.
Quit being an aspie and offer them solid insights and you'll be rewarded heavily.
I've got a leg up because I was a successful middleman / dealmaker prior to the shitcoin boom of march 2017 and had dabbled in crypto since 2010. I was just shortsighted and never saw it as an investment vehicle until I had matured a bit.
Everyone reading this is so blessed. 2010 was the best year to invest in crypto. 2018 is the 2nd best year to invest in crypto. Blockchain tech is going to change the world and no one even knows what the fuck DAG is capable of.

thanks, just bought 100k DAG

too much kool-aid

2018 was the best years for everyone before to dump on retards like you.

I sincerely thank you.

Also it's hilarious when people dog on /pol/ as the root of this board's degeneration in quality. Most whales I know are oldfags/poltards and there's way more rich racist asians than whites.

lmao enjoy dumping on me when I get 50%+ bonuses on presales

also here's some inside info you likely haven't heard. etc and xmr are being added to cb. wepower will be immediately available on kucoin and they've secured some extremely strong deals outside of europe.

got a group where you discuss this info?

It's pretty much just FA & having a strong hand. Impatient people who dive in head first get rekt. People who have hands of steel who do their research make money.

the crypto market is a vehicle to transfer money from the impatient to the patient

I'm studying financial math like a lunatic to see how much I can apply to crypto portfolio management. I can tell you there already is some interesting research out there on pricing models for crypto.

correct
TA is to men what astrology is to women
some underlying truths tied to pattern recognition lead to rationalisations putting too much weight into unrelated factors and failing to consider other important parameters

I study Finance in UNI and i have been applying different techniques to Crypto trading, mostly just portfolio management. I dont know if TA is exactly worth learning as people that ive talked to that have worked in the industry have said they never or rarely used it.

I'm working on several algorithms for paper trading but getting the data is laborious as fuck. Mostly interested to see how they behave separetely and in groups and from there start using them as a tool but definitely not a hard rule.

how can you start with a small amount (like $600) and make a lot in the next couple months in this bear market without trying your hand at day trading low market cap

Used to do alot of ta and fa but now I just pay 10g's a year for this group to do that for me. I still keep up with crypto news but Im enjoying life more now.

this
who the fuck here actually believes the market behaves like TA expects it to? It's crypto, one tweet and your product is dead. TA never incorporated Twitter ha.

Anti-miscegenation back laws when?

yeah i'm in dozens - what do you bring to the table though?

A lot of DYOR. Instead of buying anything that Veeky Forums shills, you look for something barely past 200 daily EMA and with a marketcap in the low hundreds. And an actual good whitepaper and a good team and... then you wait. Months.

TA tells you when a sell-off is happening because of that tweet, it doesn't predict the tweet itself

You might say "I can tell that by looking at the chart myself! It's fucking dropping!" congratulations, you just used TA to chart read that it's dropping quickly enough to be a sell off, not a dip that's going to reverse

> studying TA
waste of time. how about you study modern quantitative finance instead? too much of a brainlet?

thanks for the response. if i could ask some dumb questions: where would you recommend i look? coinmarketcap? and you mean low hundreds of millions right?

i'm very stupid. my apologies. i realize this is the opposite of DYOR

What specific TA indicators are good for telling the difference between a small dip and a JUSTing in progress?

Make a thread after 5pm gmt and I'll post it user

I sold XLM at 66 cents because TA told me it looked dead in the water.
I bought back in at 50 cents and made a 30% profit.

Order flow value works really well with crypto

exponential moving average, you can see if the exponential moving average goes negative it's a possible sell-off

even better is to use two averages, one longer term that shows the long term trend and one shorter term that shows momentum

when the shorter exponential average crosses below the longer one, it's called a death cross, which is a sell-off

Of course, picking the correct time values for crypto is tricky, the common stock ones don't work because crypto trades faster.

>drive with a bunch of TA books,
google what you just wrote plus i dont know maybe the name of this site

Just buy EGAS and hold it...13mil max supply and the price is sub $0.10 - at $1 it will only be 13mil market cap and even if it turns out to be a scamcoin thats still 10x returns.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

youtube.com/watch?v=2u007Msq1qo

bots trade. bots analyse, our brains aren't better than a computer program and never will be.

Trading crypto has been a very educational process in general. I don't do anything fintech related but it's great to learn more about how the world functions, and where it can be headed in the future.

Don't do much TA, just a mix of gut instinct and some analysis on objective benefits of coins.

Not him but i dont have all too much, just want to lurk and absorb what smarter people have to say.

I'm studying to invest.

If you're a trader, I think you only need to know so much about the product. what you really need to study and know is market trends and psychology

I can't really help you other than to offer general advice. Most the groups I'm in are invite only and require serious leverage in the form of high profile people vouching for you.

I'd suggest poking around telegram groups and finding the smartest people in those groups, then asking them if they have any good groups.

Repeat this 20x while humbly offering people insightful perspectives, tips, etc and you'll eventually build a rolodex worth more than your portfolio.

Nowadays most my contacts have 8 and 9 figure portfolios and participate in custom presales.

Also, people are starting to get too rich. Projects have started to stop offering public sales because the crypto angels are able to fund the entirety of projects without batting an eye.

To win big, you need an edge. Gotta go find it.

Check out this link 21 million stocks sold in 3 minutes, by bots.

Traders don't trade I'm curious as to where Veeky Forums gets its info from, have you all been watching wall street on repeat or something?

so what do the algorithms do? Analyze news reports sales figures, do a calculation, then buy/sell?

Recent influx of normies makes fundamentals nigh useless. It’s all about the quality of hype and meme potential.

only in a euphoric market. ride the normie dapps while they're hot but move your funds into protcalls and platforms when you feel like things are getting too nuts.

Anywhere where you think you can learn anything useful. Research the team's Linkedin, if anyone's been in jail, if it's an estonian project check estonian and european laws and news, competitors, the roadmap, make sure you understand what the token does. You're trying to exploit an asymmetry in information so don't be lazy here because after this you're just going to sit while a lot of nothing happens for a long time.

I don't know what to tell you about more explicit reosurces but I hope this can help.
hackernoon.com/mastering-shitcoins-the-poor-mans-guide-to-getting-crypto-rich-2e469b762ba9
coinzaa.com
icodrops.com/ico-stats/

> and you mean low hundreds of millions right?
Yes. yes.

You're spot on there user, TA doesn't work - on it's own. Fundamental and sentimental analysis must be factored in.

I've found that you're right for the most part, but I still use TA for entries and exits.
I only buy into projects I believe in, and hodl with strong hands. It's easier to hodl strong coins if you've done your research and the team is hitting milestones. Trading between 2 coins you like is easy when you're comfortable holding both.
These insane swings on shitcoins will be short lived, and the money will flood back into coins with actual utility after the normies calm their shit.
Seen this happen multiple times already. It's happening again now.

Litterally this, I was on /pol/ because i liked beeing mad at every news, but now I don't feel anything.
Losing money is way more enraging

EGAS has a 13 mil max coin supply and the price is sub 10cents right now. Even if it turns out to be a scamcoin it will definitely get pumped to $1 before then and that will only put it at 13m market cap.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

I have it bookmarked on my computer. Will post it later if I remember.

kek, underrated post

Fuck that, just gamble and YOLO

Master in finance-related field. Tech savy.
I study the fundamentals and try to find undervalued stuff.

Up 2000 % last 3 months. 1000 % in december alone. You guys are bleeding right now but my Coss + VEN keeps me in plus last couple of days.

Please do

Much appreciated if you do

I study, but more important than book learning is the school of hard knocks. That's where I've really learned, by jumping in there and doing it. And taking some heavy losses. I'm getting better.

Why would you study to be a better trader if you're trying to find hidden gems with

I have some info you might be interested in, post a contact to write to

I work in finance and want to go into trading rates and inflation derivatives.

Tbh I just consider the crypto space a training ground for the real flippening - A run on the pound and the dollar that will occur within our lifetimes.