Im slowly dying inside

Honestly feels like it will never go back up...

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amdahl's_law),
arxiv.org/pdf/1609.06870.pdf).
speedtest.net/reports/united-states/),
reddit.com/r/cryptocurrency/comments/7od7vg/_/ds9ecpy?context=1000
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Then die already but stop making retarded threads, for fucks sake. Sage.

Harsh

Cup and handle forming right now.

Req, link, xlm, xpr. All the guys that got rich off this shit were bag holders for a period.

Now shut the fuck up brainlet and stop listening to whale propaganda. It takes time.

Theres the tough love I needed. Thanks man.

Kucoin is where alts go to die or haven't you noticed that everything on there has tanked? Get off that PnD site. It's far too easy to manipulate.

Thanks man I needed to hear this. It helps that I actually have a lot of faith in the product.

That was...less helpful

This, take your short term profits and gtfo.

y'all fucking idiots. Also
>implying DBC won't hit other exchanges

Sell all chink-coins. BUY AMERICAN.

>Req, link, xlm, xpr. All the guys that got rich off this shit were bag holders for a period.
Dude ... I appreciate the effort, but they are all still suffering and have been suffering for an eternity. Nobody of them "got rich" unless putting in massive amounts of money when those were just a few cents.
The road is long.

Cry me a river, baby. Are you a literal pussy or some feminized numale? Fuck off back to some Reddit or Kikebook hugbox. You'll only suffer in the real world.

get to post some custom pinks

It will bleed down to .20. Sell now and buy back after the dip or wait it out and stop posting.

AAAAAHHHHHH SAVE ME MICKEY MOUSE

No way. Its going to stay between 33 and 40 until this bullshit assed trading conpetition concludes and then it will double in price, then it will go back down to about 80-90 cents for a while.

Ok. Just unloaded my bags. Took a 7k hit, but I'll make it back when I get back in sub .30

>it's going to stay between 33 and 40
>then double (to 66 and 80)
>then go down to 80-90
what

Speculating on coins based on news or hype that doesn't even exist in shill land. I'm sure you'll go far with that strategy. Enjoy your bags.

Wait but he just said it will go down to .20 I already sold...

They don't call us the brainlets for nothing

Buy the dip you dimwits.

DBC is going to be killed by AGI lol get out no FUD thank me later

That's pretty good, kek

Brainlet poorfag that went all In at $0.50. Do I sell this shit and cut my losses or am I being "shaky hands"?

Curious about this as well because that's what I've done as well.

HOLD you idiots. Jesus christ the ADHD on this board is unbelievable

shaky hands, not sure why you'd buy then and sell now.

Cuck and hodl

going to jump by end of month

But that other guy said it was going down to .2, so wasnt it good that I sold so I can buy back later?

seriously, its been 4 fucking days and people are already claiming "ded coin" "should i sell at a loss?" fucking idiots.

Get out while you still can. CryptoLain called it.

This is a useless shittoken shilled hard by a discord group called "/shill/". they get points for every post and comment they make here, if they don't post every day they get banned. That's why there are DBC posts here 24/7.

it's not because so many ppl like DBC; it's jsut because 50 retards have to shill for it. ...most of the comments being positive about DBC are all from the same group.

It's obviously nothing than a scam.

bazinga

Thanks for the splash of water on my face boys, gonna HODL

Yeah but you sold at a profit. That's fine. Me and that other user would have to sell at a loss.

Eth 2000$
Hodl dbc to. 60
Loss of 40%
Make sense

No I lost $7,000, but I will make it back on the upswing after it hits .2

It's finishing green today, expecting nice gains next 24hrs. Also you guys really need to take profits, if it's up 25% or so sell it, it's going to dip back.

By way of background, I'm a postdoctoral research fellow at Harvard developing novel neural network architectures and training methods primarily for computational medical imaging.

Deep Brain Chain aims to distribute neural network training over computers worldwide. However, one the biggest problems in distributing training, whether over multiple GPUs or multiple computers, is communication bandwidth. Even when training is done on a single machine (let's call this Distribution Level 0), data needs to be transferred between the CPU to the GPUs to transfer training data and iterative gradient updates. If your model is reasonably big (for example, I regularly work with ~10GB models), that communication is happening after each training batch and is often the main bottleneck for training time. PCIe 3.0 x16 supports ~16 GB/s max transfer rates which means I'm waiting about one second each iteration JUST for data transfer... this transfer delay is one of the primary reasons why you might hear deep learning models taking days/weeks/months to train. This is such a big problem that NVIDIA has developed a specialized I/O bus called NVLINK (which will improve those speeds 5-10x but is only currently implemented on IBM Power systems).

Parallelizing this training over multiple computers (Distribution Level 1) typically occurs in a local cluster or a cloud system that is intraconnected with 10-100 Gbit/s ethernet (AWS is 25 Gbit, or about 3GB/s). Even though you're adding more computers, this 3-5x speed transfer loss, in addition to algorithmic losses due to imperfect parallelization and asynchronous updating etc (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amdahl's_law), results in a poorly-scaled system, which is a widely-studied issue in the research community (e.g. arxiv.org/pdf/1609.06870.pdf). You'll still get gains better than single-machine, but they won't be linear (10 machines doesn't equal 10x compute speed), and it'll be worse the slower your transfer bandwidth is.

Thank you user. Now I know that it will never reach .2 and it will start to skyrocke soon.

Going from Distribution Level 1 to Level 2 - distributing this to the masses a la Deep Brain Chain (or some similar system) would further slow down the training to nearly incomprehensible levels, in my estimation. Assuming each computer is equipped with 100 Mbit/s ethernet both upload and download (which is a VERY generous assumption: speedtest.net/reports/united-states/), that's still > 100x slower than cluster transfer rates, and >1000x slower than a single machine implementation. Also, with an institutional cluster, the machine hardware (CPU, RAM, etc...) can be controlled to be relatively similar, which makes the training more predictable and thus parallelization more efficient. However, a large set of random computers across the internet would result in potentially wildly inhomogeneous computation speeds with much less predictable collective behavior, introducing further algorithmic slowdowns. In their whitepaper they do note that they're aiming to have some advanced method of load-balancing (which wasn't pointed to solve this problem, just utilizing idle nodes), so perhaps in the future they can limit some of these losses - but even then you're still stuck with the lower bandwidth speeds that would bring training to a crawl.

they are at several conferences this month no? just hold

If you have any thoughts on this, or have seen any (big or small) mistakes here please let me know. For example, there may be training algorithms I'm unaware of that somehow sidestep this (although I'm quite confident that what I've been describing is true for the ubiquitous stochastic gradient descent and their variations, which is like what 99% of what people use for NN training). I don't want to spread misinformation, but I just can't see how they'll get around these big issues. I'm also disheartened that these issues weren't mentioned at all in the white paper, as these are very well-known limitations of distributed training. I hope the DBC team can be as transparent as Ethereum is about the reality of their scaling problems, and be working diligently to solve them. I like the vision of DBC, but real value relies on real execution.

EDIT: Everything I've described above applies to distributed training, where training a NN model requires multiple computers updating each other on training iteration results. If the scope of their training/network model is small enough and doesn't need computers talking to each other then they might be okay. However, everything in their white paper points to large, enterprise-scale datasets and large complex models.

you literally dont deserve any money

Wait what whys that? Its going to hit .2 I cant afford to lose this money

EDIT 2: seems like the CEO responded via telegram. reddit.com/r/cryptocurrency/comments/7od7vg/_/ds9ecpy?context=1000 If I understand him correctly, it seems like their distribution comes from running the same training over different training hyperparameters. So it's not a distributed training in the conventional sense since each machine is running a model independently for X hours/days at a time. In that case, the only machines that can participate are huge rigs/clusters that can handle the GPU memory requirements of whatever enterprise-scale models they're tasked to train (there's no way any home computer can participate). This is a bit of a let down because

EDIT 2: seems like the CEO responded via telegram. reddit.com/r/cryptocurrency/comments/7od7vg/_/ds9ecpy?context=1000 If I understand him correctly, it seems like their distribution strategy is to parallelize the training of one model over different training hyperparameters. So that indeed can be done with current hardware (like he implied, it would only be limited to bigger rigs) and bandwidth limitations. However, it's somewhat of a letdown because they're not making a true distributed NN training system - parallelizing hyperparameter search is a pretty narrow offering, and is quite far from the vision they seemed to promote in their marketing which is in their own words a "decentralized neural network." This wouldn't be able to provide larger models spanning multiple nodes, or accelerating training by splitting up datasets, which are the typical benefits of distributed training. In all fairness though, searching for optimal hyperparameters is indeed an important factor of training, so there is some value there... Just not as much as it seemed they were marketing.

DBC holders are the new linkmarines. Unable to cope with reality. They circlejerk endlessly like hobo niggers gathered on the street corner.
>just hodl
>what''s a roadmap?
>TA isn't real
These threads will linger around for weeks. Even months. And the price will continue to fall ever more into the abyss...

Post tldr or gtfo

kek

1. Buy your first crypto

2. Get solid coins suggested by redditors

3. Price doesn't move much.

4. Buy Veeky Forums shilled coins because you want quick 10x gains.

5. Get left holding bags after PnD.

6. Go back to legit reddit coins

Which is why this tech will mostly benefit data/processing power centers. They'll be assigned to do most of the contracts on the network, with mom and pop in their homes make whatever cents they will with their PCs. Data centers already have great connectivity and they're most probably looking for lucrative ways to put their excess processing power into use.

Also since China is putting down all bitcoin mining operations there's bound to be a lot of excess processing power up for grabs. I wonder if this is a part of a chinese illuminati

Way to parrot a Reddit post that ended with op admitting there was value pajeet. They are not trying to compete with huge ai gpu farms, they are providing a cost effective method for smaller companies to harness crowd sourced hardware without having to Shell out tons of money. 0/10 effort.

Your better off just holding but if it dips back down in the .20 say maybe .28
Get back in quick.
Your doing the same thing I did and fucked up
You shorted the coin now dont fuck up and get back in if it reaches .25 or a little higher

Go back and stay back

deepbrain gang

Harvard research says you got shilled

Cool, just bought 100k

Thinking your retarded anime forum is the real world

I love how biz works.
1. Tell everyone...neo, investment, great, buy
Price rises makes a few rich
2. WTF is wrong with you nigger get out....its a meme, going below ico, you stupid cuck,....hahahah
Theres demented people on this board I tell ya.

Look, most people bought in too late and are down, so your options essentially boil down to:
>sell at a loss
or
>hold to see if it recovers
Given that it'll be shown at a major conference in a few weeks, why not just wait? It's unlikely that it'll crash to $0.02 by then (especially after the 17th when the whales stop fucking with the price) so it makes sense to wait a little longer.

Remember bros, never invest money you aren't okay with losing.

This is actually very helpful, I'm by no means an expert in neural net architecture but I work for a top 5 technical company and this really helps me visualize the issue, thank you.

>pic related you mong

Mickey mouse confirms shitcoin

HODLLLLLLLL
I'm going to buy more once my ETH transaction gets done. I've been waiting for over 15 hours now...

Do you mother fuckers REALIZE the implications of the end of January conferences?

Them Chinese will be kicking off the Chinese New Year with a new vision for NEO. I can't leak what it is, but it will be a shift in the NEO ecosystem and DBC will be a part of it. The price will rise soon in anticipation of the conferences.

I share a whale friend who explained the consensus of keeping the price low right now, not to accumulate, but to launch the coin to a Top 10 position in marketcap and create massive FOMO at the end of January.

Newfag

I think there is still a lot of value in searching for optimal hyperparameters on different computers. I hope that they consider the architecture itself as a parameter too, because you have to try different architectures for different tasks.

Who else sold high and bought some back now?

Am I the only one that thinks that it kinda looks like it's forming a cup? Raise incoming?

Dump this shit coin homie

Yes. None of these morons understand even basic TA. It'll shoot +50% within 24 hours. It's pretty obvious. The amount of stupidity in this thread is staggering.

What do you think a realistic EOM price is for this coin? I own 80k bought @ 8 cents.

Why is that last sentence relevant

I have a vested interest in the success of the coin, obviously.

DBC will +50% within the next day or two. Then dip again. I think it will go to +300% end of month but there are too many variables to say that with certainty. Maybe just 100%. I mean look at what bogus Korea FUD did to the market? The new money hands are fragile. And bitcoin WILL begin it's run to ATH soon, imo. We're looking at BTC ATH by Feb 1st. Now, contrary to popular opinion, that doesn't mean alts get rekt and alt season is over, but it does affect the alt market in general bearish way. So only the strong will survive.

What happens to ETH will determine the alt market. So if ETH stops it's upward trajectory, that's when you should move into BTC and DRGN and maybe some NEO coins like DBC.

DBC is a solid coin to hold this year if you are an investor. Nearly all the NEO coins are as well.

Nah i've seen it too. hodling 115k and im not fucking selling so it better be

Thanks m8. Do you base your conclusions on TA? I really should learn that shit.

you are a fuckin buffoon

This is a shitcoin. What is even the point of AI on the blockchain?

you faggots have to stop with the copypasta your pnd group can do better

I always love when people try and hype something up but say "I cant share what it is". Its Veeky Forums no one knows who you are"

Hey, are you good at doing TA? What's your portfolio like, and are you experienced in trading?

It's obviously nothing than a scam.
>20 shillpoints have been added to your account

it only takes a 2 min google to find that out on your own you mongoloid

Do you own any Neo?

I base it on my own experience with markets cycles and FA. I do know a little TA, but I came into trading only a year ago and so I rely on the TA of the best in the game. I don't have the time to study TA for 5 years to get to the point that the best in crypto are already at. It hasn't hurt me one bit.

So if you're looking for good TA, find TA traders on twitter who knock them out of the park consistently. Then you know who you can trust TA wise. And, utilizing that and your own experience in this market, then you start building an idea what's going to happen.

It has been forming a cup since it crashed. Every day someone says this

Lol you cucks have been played. It was a classic shill all along.

The price won't go the last ath.
- shitty website and marketing
- niche product businesses are not looking for AI solutions that run on block Chain.
- there are new AI competitors (singarity)

Just take your losses

bought in at .14

wish i would've sold at .60 and bought back in for double but hindsight is 20/20

already took profits at .47 so not too concerned about waiting a month for this to hit $1

you pajeet fucks need to learn some patience

Fuck CryptoLain. I followed that faggot for like 4 days before I couldnt stand his cuck shit any longer.

Dont spread negativity my friend, and please dont be scared or worried.

Have faith do you believe a 2 week old coin has peaked? Do you believe a company with ties to disney, lenovo, microsoft and samsung peaked at 2 weeks? Do you believe a company with 3 more conferences, that was invested in my Neo for 15 million has peaked in 2 weeks.

My dear BRAIN GANG friend, your destiny and dreams await you. Just have faith and relax, stop looking at the coin, relax with a nice meal and drink and watch your favorite show, perhaps something from childhood.

rofl OMG THAT IMAGE!! BRAIN GANG HYPE!
That has me smiling after work! Thank my BRAIN GANG friend!

You shoulkd keep faith my friend, I was almost back from work, I said earlier it was going to be a long work day I am sorry I wasnt here to stable your hand and bolster your faith.

Read what I posted at the top, please my friends. What now do you have to lose? You are at a loss so relax have Faith.

BRAIN GANG HYPE!

BRAIN GANG BOSS BRAVERY! BABAYYYY!

Man who doesnt own any DBC comes into a thread about DBC to hate on DBC. hmmmm

Who would do that? ;)

They will come you BRAIN GANG HERO!
I look forward to your happiness with your dreams.

Realistically not sure, my faith in this is high, I can feel destiny at work. With disney behind them, lenovo, samsng, microsoft and china going big on A.I. very high possibility. I mean extremely high. But trust your gut my friend.

BRAIN GANG TRUTH!

Wow amazing info my man, thank goodness you came into a thread about a coin you hate and dont have any of and did so much research on it know better than anyone else about the coin you hate and think stinks.

Yeah, thanks friend I am sure you are right rofl

BRAIN GANG PATIENCE! fyi had to see how you spelled patience cause brains still foggy from work, it is cold outside lol

Sure, it may not be the best investment but not every coin includes crockery.

EARLIER THAT WAS A GUY POSTING FOOD PICTURES PROMISING THAT ALL MY DREAMS WOULD COME TRUE IF I BUY DBC, MY PORTFOLIO IS 30% DOWN NOW, WHAT DO I DO

BRAIN GANG HYPE!

Glad to be back checking in on everyone how is my BRAIN GANG doing today?

HOLY FUCK IT WAS YOU ! MOTHERFUCKER

You have faith my BRAIN GANG friend did you expect a coin to make you rich in 2 weeks of its release?
However I suspect you are lying. I havent been on earlier because I have been working all day. I just got back inside.