/kraken/ - Kraken General

So one of their staff members went on twitter to reaffirm that they just fucked up the upgrade and it's not a hack

Another guy got a customer support response that said they'd be working "through the weekend" to fix it

Literally what the fuck did they do that takes so long to fix?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/cryptocratie/status/952103295895719937
coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/
reddit.com/user/Kraken-Tyler
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Thanks for the update.

Intermittent faults are a devil to fix. very hard to isolate where they are coming from. And the fault didn't appear in test mode, so there is not point in them rolling back to the main website - they still won't be able to find the bug - they need to solve it while in production mode because that is where it appears

kek. one more confirmation of what fucking retards are working there. first they just let the servers crash on their customers 24/7 and with every second click, further accepting registrations like the jews they are, and now cant do a fucking server upgrade.

>first they just let the servers crash on their customers 24/7
*for months without doing anything

Nice, just lost 100k

*years

I signed up in 2015, bar more coins there hasn't been a single noticeable change to the site since

13 hours without a status update

What the fuck

On twitter it was 2 hours ago though:

We sincerely apologise for the experience our clients have been having, it's the error we have been having for the past few months that make it incredibly important that we get this upgrade right.

Tbh I'm almost happy it's down, I would have panic sold my 7.5 ETH during the latest corrction

twitter.com/cryptocratie/status/952103295895719937

Oh fug

This. Kraken actually forced me to hodl which was a good thing. However, I hope they're coming back in the first place.

I live near their physical offices. Is there anything I can do anons? I have no stake in this as I have no crypto in Kraken.

Unironically go see if they're actually in the building or not

Literally just go up and ring the bell, see if anyone answers. If they've skipped town then at least we'll know they fucked us

use your neetskills to fix their bug

You can have a stroll to their office and check if anyone is actually working in it. Please, hope on you user.

On the other hand, the last time I traded on it, it cloned my order into three identical orders and I lost 1k, because only the first one was profitable.

if I'm able to I'll drop by before work tomorrow. expect a thread sometime before 1pm Pacific time

I'll drop by around midday tmmr and post a thread if i can

godspeed kraken patrol user

Thank You

people still use this garbage exchange?

The first time they screwed up one of my orders and crashed in the middle of another. As soon as the order was completed I moved everything off of this shit exchange. In all seriousness everyone should withdraw their funds and let this thing die.

Last tweet:

We are working as hard as we possibly can though we currently don't have a public eta.

i don't see the reason why they can't just roll back and fix their shit in stagging? how fucking hard that can it be? just restore the db and swap the env. This is devops 101 unless they are full the useless pajets.

I don't use it for trading, but for me, it was still the easiest and fastest way to deposit and withdraw...

yr a hero if true,

source?

they fucking are useless pajeets. theres no excuse for the being this incompetent

this was posted then immediately removed

twitter.com/krakensupport/with_replies

"We are preparing to relaunch the site shortly. All orders have been canceled. More details to come soon." on status.kraken right now

Theres a rumour going around someone hijacked there admin database. Apparently they're missing a lot of BTC.

it's habbening

I was shilling pfr and prl here for you on /biz since both were 0.07 and 0.01 respectively. Get profit on egas and make me (and you) rich.
Take a look@ coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethgas/

So it was someone from Veeky Forums?

Holly shit finally

>shortly

Ahh so this is kraken's way of saying tomorrow

indeed, it has been so far

They failed to install the update didn't they?

>yfw they just relaunch the 502 error page

its bitgrail all over again

Imagine if they were even slightly responsible and they had a blue green environment so they could just fail over to the old build like normal, adult developers.

If shit like this happened on any of my deployments I’d be instantly unemployed.

Kraken Support are reasonably active on twitter

Too bad it's just vague reassurances, nothing concrete whatsoever

Thing is, there's going to be a run on the exchange the second it opens, I suspect they'll prevent any withdrawals initially

Someone speculated that they only noticed it half way through the upgrade, meaning that rolling it back would take longer than just fixing it.

Seems like the only plausible explanation. My guess is they cut back on their engineering staff lately, so the guys there were scrambling to just maintain it. Now they don't have the manpower to do any serious projects, hence this abomination

What actually happened there? Wasn't following them

KRAXED

haken

>your firm is growing
>you earn millions of dollars
>probably and handful of greedy jews in charge

>cut back manpower to earn few measly grand more

Man the level of greed is just astounding. If they remotely had any sense they would've invested more to the infrastructure of the service and racketed way more from the fees and withdrawals.

KRAKEK

Have you ever tried programming? That's just the way it goes sometimes.

>Seems like the only plausible explanation. My guess is they cut back on their engineering staff lately, so the guys there were scrambling to just maintain it. Now they don't have the manpower to do any serious projects, hence this abomination
Unlikely, they've been hiring actively recently. Chances are this was just a major upgrade/redesign of the trading engine to support the exponential growth the exchange has had in the past few months. Those are never easy.

This desu

I have sympathy for them. I am glad they would rather fix properly instead of trying to save face. I get that they cannot be too transparent about the problem for security reasons, but I think their customers would appreciate a clearer explanation of what happened once they are done.

Cryptsy support was 100% active during the meltdown. They responded every inquires and lied to everyone.

this was announced 2 months ago

kek

That's just my guess

I used to work in a similar style tech company, if you get a toxic work environment the devs tend to fuck off to other jobs because they're always in demand. So even if they didn't cut back intentionally, it might have been that they just couldn't hold on to people. Once a startup gets a reputation for having a shit engineering environment, it becomes impossible to hire anything but the most pajeet-tier people

True, but that doesn't mean Customer Support has to go dark for hours between posting memes

You're right, but they where active on reddit:
reddit.com/user/Kraken-Tyler
twitter, support tickets and updates.

They didn't expect it tot get out of hand like this obviously.

>shortly
an hour ago already and still down. I'm starting to think they could really be lying and stringing everyone along as much as possible.

Active hiring doesn't necessarily mean the team expanded. When you see recruiters posting shit like "we hired 10 people this quarter", they're often leaving out the "we also lost 12 people this quarter" bit

so how does this make things better? maybe just their ETA to exit kek

It's not like they got hacked or lost funds and had to close down immediatly.

Also, the wallets are in tact and no funds left. So they're alos not lying on that part.

I'm hopeful this is all just FUD but I would be fairly disappointed if it turns out to be an exit scam.

> people around me dabbing the blood from their eyes

say what you want about the jews, but those greedy fucks run a tight business. They would never let this level of incompetence last.

Which is why they need a blue green environment. Then they don’t roll back, they fail over. Like adults.

So my lawyer happens to friends with the senior management of Kraken and he relayed down some bad news to me this early morning...looks like this is it Veeky Forums....Kraken is insolvent and is due to file bankruptcy protection within the next few days.

>happens to friends
great post pajeet, now hang yourself

this. for months.
complete retards work there.
have not heard of DevOps, CI/CD ?

bitgrail guys are more professional

Of course, kid. Now go to your mom and tell her you got some replies.

Why even say this shit? Make it sound like it's all immanent and shit. Just say "The site will probably be up sometime within the next 6 hours". That's clear and honest. This has been like charlie brown with the football, over and over again, the past however many weeks they've been promising change.

Ask them if they are ever going to except debit or credit payments for funding instead of just wire transfers

I can't believe this shit is still down.

Stand outside with a protest banner similar to this except it says "KRAKEN WHERE IS OUR MONEY".

"KRAKEN, WHERE IS OUR MT GOX MONEY"?

what the shit is going on?

Joke:
Broke
Woke
>pic related

They're going to call the cops regardless, may as well make a scene

>twitter.com/cryptocratie/status/952103295895719937
Weren't they supposed to give us our mtgox coins? fuck em

accept it, kraken is not coming back

IT'S ONLINE

they are back lmao

We're live!!! WOOOOOO!

>it's online
>looks the exact same as before

What the fuck

WITHDRAWALS DISABLED

Time for some wash trading.

Is it just me?

You gotta flush DNS then reload the site.

ALL IS FORGIVEN! PRAISE THE KRAKEN!

so they did in the end load up the old shit, fucking kraut in charge of doing anything remotely usefull

Looks the same to me.

They said they were upgrading their trading engine, not website layout.

PRAISE KRAKEN!!!!

11:27:13 +00:00 buy €14,553.8 0.69458702
11:27:13 +00:00 buy €14,553.8 0.26443509

Logging in through the broken layout seems to work and leads to a working page.

its been fiva day since iv sent my 2Keuro wire transfer, im fucking done, it's not in here fuck fuck fuck

my bad it's here, transfer successfull, long live krautistan

Does k accept wire transfers only? Or could one use a debit card as well?

KRAKEN = GODS
KRAKEN = GODS
KRAKEN = GODS
KRAKEN = GODS

I'm not seeing the 0 fees, did it not update for anyone else?

whats going on with XLM?