Exchange General

Tell me about Bitstamp. They are based in Luxembourg and just getting going. I hear reports that they are unreliable, but my dad grew up in Luxembourg and loved the people and country.

I currently use Coinbase for everything, even have the Shift card for impressing normies at Whole Foods. "I'm buying this with Bitcoins" I tell them, doing my part to fuel the adoption of the technology.

Thing about San Francisco, the place where I live and bank and where Coinbase HQ is located : everyone here is a shithead. Coinbase Headquarters is not the headquarters Google gives you but is rather up the street. They moved to avoid the public eye. I am not trusting Coinbase so much these days after the BCH $8K fiasco which I watched from afar with horror.

So lets talk about reliability of exchanges in this thread. Is Bitstamp good?

if you know where coinbase hq is take a selfie flipping it off while holding a peice of paper with ur btc address and post on reddit

EU citizen here.

I did a little trial on Bitstamp in case Kraken completely shits the bed. Sent 10 euro's and withdrew it when it arrived using SEPA. It was nice and fast. The withdraw cost me 0.90 cents which is a set fee no matter how much you withdraw

That's all I can tell you. It seems to have the same volume as Kraken, which is quite a lot.

Well they require proof of residence.
It takes like 1 month+ to verify you.
Not too professional imho.

first they are slovenian.

second they are legit one of the first crypto fiat gateways form back in the day. shame they didnt explode the same as jewbase.

Funny thing about that, I signed up for an account in one day.

As a banker who works at Bank of America I have a PREMIUM CHECKING ACCOUNT that sets off the bots to think I have a great deal of wealth when it's filled with only $500. So I know they are active

Slovenians registered to a PO Box in London, with tax exposure in Luxembourg.

Make of that what you will.

>just getting going
they've been around since 2011

Applied for verification two weeks ago and haven't heard back, bit of a joke

I know guys who use the and speak highly of them, though

>They are based in Luxembourg and just getting going.
What? I used them back in 2012.

Uh, kraken seemed to be super reliable and legit, taking in account that they were included in CME and Bloomberg price caluclation, regulated by SEC and having Bank Account in EU Bank for depositing/withdrawing. So completely regulated by US and EU authorities. And what is actually habbzdening? Seems like a scam. So be careful with Bitstamp, no free lucnh anywhere with crypto.

>Uh, kraken seemed to be super reliable and legit
>Reliable
Are you sure you aren't confusing them for the Cloudflare error page? Because that's pretty fucking reliable, yeah.

I use them all the time for the transfer between bank account and crypto, no problems at all.

I'm not sure if this thread is full of retards or some subtle reverse psychology shilling.

Bitstamp is one of the largest fiat exchanges, been around for a long time and never lost any customer funds, even though some BTC got stolen in a hack a few years ago.
It's been the default exchange for Europeans who don't want to get raped by ridiculous Coinbase fees. But they operate in the US too now.

"based in luxembourg" lol i live 5km from their mailbox away, they only got a maibox here to save taxes like most of these kind of firms based in luxembourg

Registered and verified in 2 says this week. So not accurate user.

They are massively incompetent, but you're genuinely retarded if you think it's a scam

*days

i have used them since 2014 and its been great. I have had some friends who tried to sign up recently and are like some other anons here with 1+ month with no verification. Volume is decent but trade fees are a bit on the higher side. As stated by others they are definitely not "just getting going," they have been around a long time and always been reliable.

Thank you for submitting your request. Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing high volumes of verification requests, causing backlogs of up to 2 weeks before they are processed. We are working very hard to approve your request as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.

if what you say it's true than you are one lucky man

I'm waiting for 2 months now. feels bad man