Serious queistion Veeky Forums

with 1000s of developers learning smart contract technology, using web3 or other related tech, several 100 ICO companies now finalizing their dApps for gambling, prediction markets, gold on the blockchain, organizational management, digital bounties, asset management etc. And different scaling solutions coming , together with a mobile browser/OS (Status)

Why do you still use BTC? ETH does everything BTC does faster, cheaper, easier and has a lot of more devs.

As you might know, tech stacks doesn't matter so much as the ecosystem around something.

ETH is also not a "darknet drug coin" like Bitcoin, it's the prime example of decentralised technology with backing from several huge banks, digital businesses and so on.

Why would someone use an old, slow and underdeveloped coin like BTC? If you want only payments, use LTC? Faster, cheaper and not a toxic communtiy

I am curious, enlighten me

Other urls found in this thread:

ebitcoin.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Muh bitcorns gonna have lightning network

The slow rate of bitcoin orders may actually act as stability in this market.

Also I think bitcoin is really winning it’s place by being the brand name crypto currency rather than quality. Like the hoover of vaccum cleaning, or the dumpster of garbage disposal bins.

Fuckin kitty game killed this coin

>if ETH is slow today it will never get better

yes LN has been spoken about for 3 years

ETH has existed for 2.5 years

>the dumpster of garbage disposal bins
haha nice

You came to biz asking a question google could have answered in less time.

still biz is obsessed by a 10 year old slow coin

>unlimited supply
>got forked to reverse stolen money
>starts to face same scaling issues
no thanks

I honestly don’t know why anyone isn’t all in ETH right now. If you went all in ETH at any point in the last six months, you’d have more money now than if you’d gone all in BTC at that same point in time.

>supply will be a near constant 100m
>forks are a natural decision-making process that let communities vote with their wallets
>can already do 1000 tps on testnet
have fun with your shitcoins

How much will ETH hit at the EOY?

>Why do you still use BTC? ETH does everything BTC does faster, cheaper, easier and has a lot of more devs.

BTC and Eth aren't competitors.

Eth isn't intended as a currency.

You don't want your currency to have a programming language built into it, because that makes it less secure.

You'd think you might learn these basic things before posting dumb shit on Veeky Forums.

Some experienced people on tradingview say 2k. But I think it should go up more with casper and plasma.

>Some experienced people on tradingview say 2k.
2k EOY??????? Are you insane

Yeah ETH is good, but BTC still has market dominance and should be contesting 17k next week if no FUD.

2K isn't even a conservative estimate, it's obviously on its way to 2K now. I'd say 7-10K probably, maybe even more. 7K would be the most conservative

5k most likely, at the absolute least 2k, at the most it will hit 10k

ETH already does more tx than BTC and all blockchains together. Plasma and sharding and Raiden is coming soon.

ETH is 2.5 years old. Please tell me what new tech BTC had in 2011

Change all the BTC's to Apple, change all the ETH's to android.

You have your answer.

Well OP here, but this is a fucking stupid argument. Backtrading is so easy, you could also have bought Ripple, ADA or NEO.

HEre we focus on tech

>buying Microsoft instead of Apple
>buying Yahoo instead of Google

because its still widely used in the darknet. Its a massive industry now. Everyone knows it and prefers to get paid in it because its literally digital gold

2k is around 25-30% increase. 1 month ago ETH was 450.

It’s not even like that. Ethereum absolutely STOMPS all other cryptocurrencies in terms of transactions, network, decentralisation, and now market cap value.

I wasn't talking about long term w/ that post.

Use MOnero and don't get traced.

You say that as if you know what you're talking about but you really have no idea. Good luck hacking ETH lmao.
>inb4 muh dao

Anyone here majority ETH but are hedging their ETH holdings with ADA and EOS? You know just to be sure. I mean it will take a while for ETH to scale, i expect ADA and EOS to gain traction further in the meantime.

These are the only ETH competitors that are giving me chills so i hedged on them. My folio is still 70+% ETH though.

So, just implement BTC on top of ETH, since ETH is a protocol token as you just said

And it's already been done. ebitcoin.org/

I bought a few k of EOS this summery. EVERYONE was fudding them, and they were like 30 cent or something so I thought why not. Either I lose 1k USD or it will gain like 200x over a few years.

When all reddit is against something, you know it's worth to buy

>When all reddit is against something, you know it's worth to buy
Errr is it time to all-in TRX? Kek just kidding. They're stupid as fuck when it comes to ADA and EOS though. They still think they are whitepaper vaporware projects at this point when we know it isnt true.

because BTC+LN is order of magnitude faster, more secure and more anonymous

As I said, I don't care so much about whitepaper and fundamentals on short term. But everyone that knows market behaviour, knows that people want to use something that is NOT X

People buy Pepsi instead of coke , burgerking insteaf of mcd, ups instead of fedex and so on. All markets are growing in general, always buy all competitors.

with 1000s of developers learning smart contract technology, using web3 or other related tech, several 100 ICO companies now finalizing their dApps for gambling, prediction markets, gold on the blockchain, organizational management, digital bounties, asset management etc. And different scaling solutions coming , together with a mobile browser/OS (Status)

Why do you still use ETH? XLM does everything ETH does faster, cheaper, easier and has a lot of more devs

>Fixed that for you

Idiot

>Stellar is an open platform for building financial products that connect people everywhere.

ETH is a protocol token, things like Stellar can be built ON TOP OF IT!

>Why do you still use ETH? XLM does everything ETH does faster, cheaper, easier and has a lot of more devs
Try making a gambling dapp on XLM. Protip, you cant. Its not turing complete it can only do exchange of values aka ICOs.

Anonymous.... Anonymous? Are you fucking retarded??? LN is everything but anonymous. KYC regulations for the hubs will come. If not, I'll eat my dick. Lightning hubs will be the banks of BTC