*locks your price*

*locks your price*

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockchain
en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Timelock
discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what happens if you lose this little thing?

24 word seed

you have a recovery sheet that will give you access to your wallet

>locked in at 5k

I didnt unlock my fucking coins

thanks bought 100k

I locked 4 BTC at 19500$

What is this price locking meme? Value still goes up on hardware wallet

Is this possible? What is the point of locking a price?

i have one but i still don't understand this
does the usb stick constantly backup itself to some server?

Game over. get a job

you know your coin is not kept on the hw wallet right?

These will be made by IBM. IBM stocks ganna boom with the crypto rise. ITC will have its on interface like this or some shit

Now is sold out..pre sale for march 21 but more expensive. Before 70usd now 11usd the same ledger nano s..is fuckin baguette

The coins are never physically on your PC or in your ledger.

Each block of the blockchain publicly displays which public address it belongs to. This address can only be changed by signing a transaction form with your private key.

All the ledger does is make it so your private key never has direct contact with the internet. The transaction form is sent to your ledger, signed there, and broadcasted whenever you make a transaction. That's all it does.

If the coins were actually on your computer and your computer went offline, the whole concept of a blockchain wouldn't work.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockchain

>these Bogs not supported the meme
Can some user plz provides the newfags with a quick rundown

you lock the coins in a quantum state. the price wont fluctuate when locked. its an undocumented feature, there are some guides on youtube but be careful a lot of scammers are out there.

Can someone interpret this for me please

*it doesn't lock price*

Someone posted in a ledger/wallet thread asking "why people dont move coins off the exchange to lock in the price"
Standard Veeky Forums intelligence

Looks like the price went down not up is what im getting out of this

But what is the point? Can you exchange it to fiat or to another crypto at that price?

of course, price is locked in a smart contract
trezor does the same thing.

is this a new meme? this cant be true right?

how the fuck does that work, it makes no sense

how can you "lock" a price

you have the same amount of coins and the market is constantly changing

>smart contract

What? is BTC ETH now?

I can't believe you idiots are falling for this shit :DDDDDDDDDD

it's literally one of the most basic functions of these devices and you had no idea
this is why you'll never make money.

kek

newfags, for fucks sake, educate yourselves

Yeah, but people try to hedge the risk by locking the price. I'm pretty sure that's why btc has not been moving recently. Eventually people will begin to put their coins on the exchanges again.

It's a good feeling isn't it? Got my ledger the other day and locked all my coins in. Deleted all of my pink wojacks off HDD

explain what I said or you're clearly wrong

you can't lock in a price because the price is determined by supply/demand

fucking jelly, I was slow as fuck and only locked it in at around 17.8k...
are you getting your interest on the locked price? been giving me some sweet fucking gains in this sea of red

you lucky fuck, how do you know when to lock in like that?

i keep my coins on an exchange, so what. Maybe if I go beyond 50k I'll think about buying a ledger.

you're probably trolling but i'm not sure, baited

Oh yes. I can see all the retards who will buy my bags at the ATH. This thread is unreal and I hope at least half of these dumb questions are larp.

the AI smart contract executes put or call options depending on market conditions so you price is always locked in. theres a fee attached but its still a great way to hedge risk.

>doesn't know about BTC Futures and ETFs
seriously dude why are you investing in something you don't really understand?

Holy shit I never knew there was this many retards on Veeky Forums

This is truly incredible

Ledgers are less than a hundred bucks. why the fuck would you wait til 50k to get one?

Go look up how blockchain works. This is not the fucking stock market. Why do you think neo holders get gas. It is because they take the risk of not locking the price in cold storage.

seriously what the fuck. people throwing their money at things before actually knowing basic concepts like price locking. this is why we're in a total bubble, fuck.

>didn't lock in at ATH

i hope these newfags order their trezorsin time to lock in at ATH on your ass

COPE

because i want to be able to trade them without paying fees and waiting for tx confirmations

like everything here, 90% of what you are seeing is fake

Locking is fucking retarded. What if it goes up? Then you're left behind locked at the new 1w low.
>itt: newfags who just found out about locking

to be able to lock in the price when it's ATH at 50k dumbass

wtf the current state of /biz rn..

>these are the people giving me investment advice

Normalfags and literal brainlets, you're not gonna make it. Just get off here now before you get scammed by a shitcoin or pnd.

not sure if you guys are trolling or not, been on biz for only a year but now you got me.

my brain says you cant lock a price, but since i don't have any experience with cold storage i'll have to double check it

yeah except price locking isn't automatic you retard. you need to do it manually using the BIP32 path of the private key. so you can just keep your coins on the fucking Ledger or Trezor and be ready to lock it whenever it's more profitable instead of having your coins on the exchange like a newfag.

en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Timelock
>A Timelock is a type of smart contract primitive that restricts the spending of some bitcoins until a specified future time or block height.
literraly no interest to do that

also
>It is not advised to lock up bitcoins into the far future because it takes on risk of the bitcoin network changing. For example, if there were an ECDSA or RIPEMD160 algorithm break that made any coins spendable with a few months of CPU time, the network might need to to prohibit moving old unspent coins after some transition, but long locktimed coins could not make such a transition.

>OP_CheckSequenceVerify allows locking for at most 65535 blocks (about 455 days) or for at most 65535*512 seconds (about 388 days). OP_CheckLockTimeVerify could be used to lock up coins for several centuries.

The discord pump group that is unstoppable/

discord dot gg/6BAAvpM

Thanks, just locked 100k

This thread... you brainlests literally cannot think for yourselves.

This is how you morons get dumped on every day of the week.

how to get clear shell for ledger?

is it possible to lock only a portion of your coins?

finally someone who did some fucking research on the topic. you're on the good path user, now go deeper and see how you can get interest (basically FREE ERC20 tokens) from locking the price using your private key's BIP32 path and coordinating it with the ETF platforms.

In the thumbnail the display looks like a face.

yeah but it's way more complicated. you need to use sharding with the block lattice in order to do that.

toppest kek

Reminder that the 3 year failure rate for nand flash cells typical in in these sticks is 20%.

Better hope you're lucky.

can you shard with ripple? i need a minimum of 20 for my wallet

It regenerates your private key, not your coins, which are always on the blockchain, so to speak.

Guys, I'm new to cryptocurrency, How exactly do I lock in my profits?? I cant get a trezor (big waiting list), but is there a way to do it on an exchange?

Just buy a new one and re-lock?

nope, you need a trezor or ledger

like so

Yeah i already lost 5 btc because i lost my ledger. Better keep it on the exchange

you can but it's even more complicated due to Ripple's centralized hubs. basically you need to bypass a few of the masternodes by using zkSNARKs.
if you're not familiar with the concept, i recommend the book "The Blockchain Skeleton" by author Vitalik Buterin. could take you a few days to get through but you'll do it if you're not a brainlet.

can l send USDT to this device?

im surprised so many don’t know about price locking. i mean for ETH it’s as easy as sending your ETH to the lock in smart contract
0x0000000000000000000000000000000000000000

we need an info graphic to share of this

BUT BIG BANG THEORY TELLS ME THE COINS ARE STORED ON THE LAPTOP

I once locked my ETH, but it got transferred to another ETH address. Fuck pricelocking. It's dangerous.

So i dont need a trezor? I just send it there and it locks it and sends it back?

It sends it back when the smart contract is fulfilled - as in when the terms of the lock are met.

If your word seed is the same word over and over it's easier to remember

make sure that you put in the time lock period in the transaction data it has to be in this format DDMMYYYY

Oh wow! Thanks! I'll send it right away and lock in my Eth gainz

That's hell'a interesting

Bullshit. It locks the coins so they dont change price. Otherwise how could you be a billionaire with bitcoin? Retard

yup and its not just ETH but any ethereum/ERC20 token

Thanks for the info but what if I want to lock it into a price from the past?

time travel, interesting concept but thats not how it works. you can only lock in at present prices.

Why even bother buying a hardware wallet if you don't lock your fucking price. If you don't understand smart contracts maybe you should invest in a kickstarter project and not crypto

das it mane